SAU XVI: Silent Waters Run Deep

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

"Ah, true"He said to Belial. "No matter what I said I was cast in suspicion. So perhaps I should have stayed quiet. Oh wait, those people are in suspicion too. I think we all are. Like I said, I am sure the traitors want us to condemn each other.
You are right, this is an attempt to cast suspicion off me. A gambit, I shall say. I have no clue who's side Malberoth is on.And if he is a traitor, then I have sealed my own fate as well. But if there is anything else to be said, any other people with reasons or suspicions, please speak up, or secrecy shall be your doom."

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Zzug
Trainee Warrior

Post by Zzug »

Tezla listened to the others, but kept her eye on Kefka. Other members seemed to suspect him as well, but he surprised her with an ultimatum. Vote for Malberoth to prove his innocence. It could be a ploy, or it could be something to keep him safe for a night.
"All right Kefka, I'll bite. But no matter what the outcome, I don't trust you, you are on my list... pray this works out for you."

Vote: Malberoth.
Sassmaw
Cold One Knight

Post by Sassmaw »

Kyler though this was a good time to speak, he stood up around the table to deliver his statement,

"Does anyone not notice how Belial has no suspicion against him? He is posting argument after argument and yet we have no claimes for he to be one of the traitior. I admire your kunning Kefka and your daring for your vote. but i see a flaw in this disscusion. Belial, Tezla, Zenobia, all three have argued for others to be taken away and yet we have no arguments for them? Are the traitors not trying to kill All of those who are not with them? Is this not shown through the unity of these people?"

Kyler looked around the table and stared into every persons eyes. His sinister smile was plain for all to see.

" As such my vote is for the leader of this group. I vote Belial"

Kyler sits down and looks around for support from others who see the justification in his words
Never underestimate the power of sheer bloody minded spite.
"I’m not going to fight them, you fool. I’m going to kill them.”
-Malus Darkblade

"We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."
- Malekith, The Witch King of Naggaroth
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

At Kyler's words, Belial chuckles.
"Oh, really, THAT is your reasoning? We must be the mpst likely suspects because NOONE HAS SUSPECTED US! Noone has suspected you either... Does that make you a suspect automatically? We are all suspects here, and we haven't got much to go on, and you propose to vote off people based on who hasn't been on the receiving end of the, in lack of better, thin arguments? Really, I fail to see how this makes any sense. I mean, you fault us for reacching some agreement in viewpoints... Does that mean noone can vote in unity with others now, because that makes them traitors? Then what is the purpose of this council? I mean... Oh, I'm too flabbergasted to continue..."
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

Zenobia let out a harsh bark of laughter at Kyler's statement.

"Actually, I think that the most obviously suspicious person now is you to a point. Why? Because all that you are doing by accusing those who are trying to get something done is impeding the progress of this council. And that either makes you a traitor or rather naive about how this is going to go."

She smiled thinly.

"Either way, we cannot afford that. We are all potentially guilty, but to kill off the ones who are trying to make progress on the first day would be pointless. There is no clear evidence here, just our words and the interpretations that our peers take from those words."

The Corsair threw another glance around the table.

"For now, though, I think Malberoth is as good a choice as any."

Vote: Malberoth
Telrunya
Shade

Post by Telrunya »

Telrunya took the glass eye he was toying with between his index and thumb and looked at its blue iris very closely, as if trying to read the eye's mind.

"Now Kefka, the problem with following your argument is the following. If Malberoth is guilty, then you are hanged the next day. If Malberoth is innocent, then somebody will point out you were awfully certain you could use him to prove your innocence and --and this is the genius of the situation-- you are to be hanged as well. No," Telrunya continued, twiddling the glass eye, "following you will only tie up the council for two days. It would be far better to vote for you if we want to know your allegiance, don't you agree?

"Don't get me wrong, people, vote for Malberoth if you really must but it will learn us preciously little. Besides, if we're looking for a random vote, I think we can all agree that Kyler (sassmaw) has honed his skill of both random voting and random reasoning to perfection. Keep us posted, Kyler.

Telrunya took a deep breath and continued.

"But I won't partake in these follies, neither of them; I want to hear Nilia (Drainial) instead."
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

"Ah, bravo!" Tarbo almost spat as he jumped up from his seat. "First we yammer and whelp that we can't do a bloody thing because there isn't enough evidence, and then we turn on whoever tries to get this show on the road. Kyler, you literally invite Belial to take a stand, and then burn him for doing so. You wanted evidence, you wanted a direction before you risk your precious little pride, and then you turn on those who take pity on you and do the heavy lifting in your stead. Bravo indeed, your House would be proud of you.

"And if that isn't enough, there is an even greater travesty. Kefka points out that no skilled infiltrator is moronic enough to start a blood feud over a man's feeding habits, and instantly Tezla rides his ass up to the point where we are going to vote someone else just to prove a point. And as Telrunya rightly points out, that point is solely that Kefka is not to be trusted at all, something Tezla all too willingly repeats and rehashes.

"You want proof of feuds and bloodthirst? Well, there you have a walking, shining, living example."

Vote: zzug/Tezla
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

"You wish to hear from me Telrunya? Is this for any particular reason or do you just like the sound of my voice?" Nilia asked, slightly puzzled by the aged physicians words.

"In any event, at this stage we have no evidence nor do we have any method of getting any. So far I have been swayed by none of the arguments for various candidates, perhaps they are all guilty, perhaps none of them." Pushing her now meat less plate aside the navigator took a sip of wine.

"But we cannot just do nothing, tempting though it is. If you are caught by an assassin in the dark you would do better to swing your sword wildly than to stay still. One has at least a small chance of hitting your opponent, the other invites only certain death. So we must do something, and if anything is to be done it must be done en mass. So in the absence of any convincing argument for guilt I shall vote for the officer who already has the greatest number of votes against them; it’s nothing personal Malberoth, but we have to start somewhere.

Vote Malberoth
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Telrunya
Shade

Post by Telrunya »

"Allow me to summarize. Kefka, you are trying to save your skin. Belial, you try to call his bluff. Zenobia, you support a random vote. All bad reasons to vote for Malberoth in my opinion, one is just worse then the other. But that might not matter to you.

"I already explained why it was bad: if Malberoth turns out to be innocent, we're still going to hang Kefka. Think about it, you all know it is true. But I have already told this earlier.

"I'm glad Tarbo makes this point: I am not the only one who realizes this. Tezla sees this as well. She claims that no matter how the voting turns out, Kefka will still be a suspect. Tezla calls bluff and says that the outcome does not matter? Are you serious about this? Are you even trying?

Telrunya nods to Mala to record his vote.

"Make no mistake, Nilia (Drainial). I do not like the sound of your voice and I do not like the stench of treason. I will be back for you."

Vote: Tezla (zzug)
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

"I'm a bit at odds here, Telrunya. On one hand, you present a sterling argument that we should go for Kefka. On the other, you jump at Tezla, because she more or less follows the reasoning I gave. I just don't get it. I think I'll have to give this some more time... At least you've shown me that [Malberoth[/b] isn't the right person to vote for."
Sleekdd
Highborn
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.

Post by Sleekdd »

Mala peeks from over the heavy cover of her book, anxiously eyeing the officers as they debate the pending issue: sentencing someone to be sent off for thorough interrogation.
Obviously none of the people in the room were too keen on being sent off; too many have seen, heard of actively participated in the procedure.

Silently, she scratches down the votes on the small piece of parchment.

°°°

Votes outstanding:

Malberoth Grieftide:
  1. Kefka
  2. Belial
  3. zzug
  4. LordAnubis
  5. Drainial

Belial:
  1. sassmaw

zzug:
  1. Tarbo
  2. Telrunya

With 14 players, 8 votes constitute a majority. However, no player will be removed until Dusk occurs at which point all inactive players are removed. This may adjust the required number of votes to achieve a majority.

The following players have not yet posted:
  1. Linkinhearts666
  2. Deroth
  3. Mr_PieChee

The Day will end, and Dusk will begin on Saturday, 19h00 GMT.
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Draknir leans his head to his hand and sighs. His attempt at a psychological approach clearly lost to the Dark Elven bloodthirst.

"Alright, hmm, no questions then. Ah, I knew it would come to this. Votes flying fiercely around. You're quicker than I expected. I, for one, resolved that I would refuse to vote just yet. I think our evidence is way too, hmm, feeble to make an accusation like this."

A sly smirk flashed on his thin lips.

"Maybe I'll, hmm, mix the concoction up a bit and cast my vote on random. How would you think? Because what you are doing now is just as indifferent. Consider this as an insult to all of you, hmm. I Vote: Mr_PieChee."
Sassmaw
Cold One Knight

Post by Sassmaw »

Kyler looked at the aruments flying towards him and gave a smug smile,

"Belial you have passed my own little test. I was wondering what your reaction to that statement would be. If you were to pass the blame on to others as quickly as posible then i would have kept my vote for you. You suprise me though by reveiling cunning arguments and a feirce opposition,"
he sruged as before going on,
" As such i will unvote Belial. I don't have any evidence or an argument against you. I do on the other hand compleatly agree with what Telrunya has said."
He turns to Mala
"Change my vote to zzug
-Malus Darkblade

"We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Belial eyed Kyler, and gave a smile of his own.
"Seems an awful lot like a failed attempt to shift blame onto those that are innocent, then jumping on the bandwagon with the more clever members of our little assembly, to seem like a creature of reason. I am now confident in our most likely suspect... Someone who from the very onset was set on casting a bad light on those that acted and attempted to speak reason. Someone who, when their attempt was shot down, put it all down to being 'a test'. Someone who is now trying to hide beneath those people who have been outspoken and, somewhat, earned a measure of trust from this council."

Belial cleared his throat, and looked to Telrunya and Tarbo.

"I appreciate your arguments towards Zzug, but here we have a clear case of someone who actually sought to hinder the progress of the council by equalling deduction and decisiveness with proof of treason. Someone who know wants to leech off the respect the two of you, dinner manners excluded, are building. I know where to point now."

Unvote: Malberoth
Vote: Kyler (sassmaw)
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

"Ah Tulrunya, so you wish to hear from me so long as you think I may support you, but because I dissagree I am a traitor? Interesting theory, let me know how it goes.

"And Draknir, certainly your vote is no more or less random then mine, or anyone elses realy at this stage. A thin venear of reasoning covers the random accusations of those all to ready to convict. The differance between your vote and mine is that Malborath is the most likely to have a majority against him at this point, though Belial's revelation puts that on shakey ground. The only thing we could do that would be worse than a random vote is to do nothing at all, or squable over different random candidates with little to choose between them, which amounts to the same thing."
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Zzug
Trainee Warrior

Post by Zzug »

Terzla was a little taken back by the way the votes suddenly changed.
"We are getting nowhere if we change votes like this. It is only causing more confusion among us and delaying us further for the traitors to have their way." She stopped though, and thought about it further. "I guess though, we should unite in voting for someone with more suspect then a scapegoat. My vote shall change."
unvote Malberoth
Vote: Kyler (sassmaw)

"I agree with Belial.While Kefka was using Malberoth as ascapegoat, at least he had better reasoning behind his words then you, who suddenly said 'it was a test.' That I do not belive. I am also insulted that you would point your finger at me. I was only doing my part in uncovering this whole mess. Why me? You have stated why you think Belial is innocent, but not why I am suspect."
Sleekdd
Highborn
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.

Post by Sleekdd »

Mala hurries quietly, scratching names and votes and jotting down different votes. Something was brewing. Predators were circling other predators and it wasn't always clear who was getting the upper hand.

Votes:

Malberoth Grieftide:
  1. Kefka
  2. LordAnubis
  3. Drainial
zzug:
  1. Tarbo
  2. Telrunya
  3. sassmaw
Mr_PieChee
  1. Draknir
sassmaw:
  1. Belial
  2. zzug

With 14 players, 8 votes constitute a majority. However, no player will be removed until Dusk occurs at which point all inactive players are removed. This may adjust the required number of votes.

The following players have not yet posted:
  1. Linkinhearts666
  2. Deroth
  3. Mr_PieChee

The Day will end, and Dusk will begin on Saturday, 19h00 GMT.
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.
Telrunya
Shade

Post by Telrunya »

"Nilia (Drainial), if you really think I care for you only because you might support me, then I have a proposition for you. Support me now in voting for Tezla (zzug) and see me fling my vote at you first thing tomorrow.

"Let me dissect this situation in the most elementary parts. Two interesting things, right at the very beginning of this meeting.

"First thing: Nilia. Yes, you. You say that you do not bear us ill will. Now, forgive me to say this, but this is a rather evident statement, don't you agree? Nobody else deemed this worthy to share. Perhaps because everybody thinks this it goes without saying. But you didn't. If I won't question your intelligence, then I should perhaps question your loyalty? Ever heard about the murderer who goes back to the scene of the crime? Same thing with you. Not hard proof, but --Draknir style psychology-- suddenly you were my number one suspect.

"Second thing: Malberoth, Kefka, and Tezla. Kefka bends logic and reason just to avoid making an accusation but --and this is the important bit-- there was never one bit of evidence pointing at Malberoth. Strange, but hardly incriminating. Yet it earned a surprising amount of Tezla's ire.

"We know the rest, Kefka found the worst possible solution and turns it into a horrible gambit which Belial takes. Belial later admits seeing this was a Bad Idea because it would teach us nothing; I respect Belial for this bold move. Tezla, on the other hand, realizes immediately what voting for Malberoth entails and goes for it. Really, he did. It must have been too nice not to take this opportunity.

"In comes Tarbo who sees this happening. One vote for Tezla. I pride myself on recognizing a good reason if I see one. Two votes for Tezla.

"And now my favorite part: in comes Nilia, claiming there is no evidence yet and --after at least three council members agree that voting for Malberoth is a Bad Idea-- he slams his own vote in! For Malberoth even! Can you believe this? My number one suspect actually sticking his neck out for someone as suspicious as Tezla? It makes a grown, cynical man cry in joy.

"Oh yes. And somebody tries to insult us by throwing in a random vote. Insult taken. Now get your act together."
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Draknir has been carefully listening to the surgeon's arguments.

"Master Telrunya, as much as I appreciate you for your sharp arguments and clever observations, I can't help but consider one single thing in your speeches rather curious. You're one of the best analyzers of this situation. And yet, I notice that you constantly ignore Master Kyler over there. I see you've skilfully dissected and prepared the situation, but you've just swiped Kyler Stern off your surgical table. Tell me, is it because you consider him to be completely irrelevant to the situation? Or, is it because you do not dare to say anything about him to avoid raising accusations against him, or you?"

Draknir leaned back in his chair and raised a silvery eyebrow as he glared at Telrunya.
Tarbo
Morathi's Best Friend
Morathi's Best Friend

Post by Tarbo »

"Gentlemen, please," Tarbo protested, "surely we can call Kyler many things, but an infiltrator? Kyler had every opportunity to blend in with the masses and happily hop along to vote Malberoth, tying us up for not one but two consecutive days and, most importantly, costing us two of our colleagues. And nobody would single him out for it. But instead, what did he do?

"He accused Belial, one of the more vocal and assertive members. He went in completely against the grain, fists swinging, banner trodding, against a man with the verbal equivalent of full plate armour. I simply cannot believe this to be a ploy of any competence from an infiltrator. Let us not mistake ignorance for malevolence. Leave him his bloody nose.

"Malevolence." Tarbo chuckled briefly. "Ah, but malevolence very well describes the red line through each of Tezla's actions. While we are struggling to find a direction, Tezla is attracted only to the scent of blood. She votes Malberoth, immediately confirming that it will not help Kefka -- then what is the use? When that is rightly met with opposition, she notices Belial returned Kyler's blow with a vengeance and leaps on the opportunity -- anyone will do, just get someone and make it snappy.

"Tezla wants to see us bleed. And that puts her at odds with the rest of us."
Cathel
Noble

Post by Cathel »

"At the moment I cannot find any proof to vote for anybody. So I guess conclusions would have to do. I think Telrunya is right in his deductions. For better or worse I also
vote Tezla (zzug).
I know we all might be proven wrong but we have no way of being certain."

Cathel sat back and emptied his goblet again waving for more.
If they were not sitting on our land, I would not spend a single bolt on the Asur.
How to tell apart the elves:
Men run naked - Asrai
Women run naked - Druchii
Don't know whether man or woman - Asur
Sassmaw
Cold One Knight

Post by Sassmaw »

Kyler looked to Tarbo nods ad states,
"Well it seems that i have been 'beaten to the kill' as it were to defend myself. Ah yes and Belial, Is not impeading the council a good thing? Do we not want to be sure we have found the right culprits? If we miss and take away one of te 'good guys' so to speak, we are just helping those who our the trators " He pauses and looks to Tezla" You on the other hand are the only person who has been out for blood from the begining. Does this not show of an infiltrator? Is this not all they want? To kill all the rest of us? Is beleave Tarbo to be correct in stateing the Tezla is the right choice. If you are fulting me with going with a elf of logic then i belive you to be illogical or a traitor out for blood"
-Malus Darkblade

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

"I am put in something of a difficult position. Voting for Malboreth no longer makes sense by my own stated theory (such as it is), and yet if I vote for the every ones new favourite enemy I look as if I am backtracking and doing everything I can to appease others suspicions. I look bloodthirsty in aiming for decisiveness. Nor can I simply withdraw my vote, since then I will no doubt be suspect for hindering the work of the council. Damned if I do and damned if I don't.

The claims of council members hardly count as evidence, not by any standard I can think of. Oh and just to clarify, my saying that I bare no ill will toward anyone here was said simply to underline my point that bloodshed is necessary at this early stage despite our personal reluctance to execute one another on a whim; interpret that as you will." Nilia said, deciding not to point out that she was in fact female and therefore not properly described as 'he'.

Gentleman of Moderation
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Draknir nods at Tarbo.

"Thank you, Master Tarbo, for stating the obvious, but I still wish to hear Telrunya's own answer. Kyler may be an incompetent fool, but being a fool doesn't rule him out. It might just be that the mastermind, if there is one, has made a serious mistake in choosing his underlings."

"I wish to hear Telrunya himself just to clarify why the situation is what it is. Let me emphasize that I didn't accuse either Kyler or Telrunya. I want to rule them out for sure, to know if the venerable Master Telrunya has any venom in his vials."
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

"Since we are moving towards the end of the day, it is time we reach agreement. It is with that consideration, I now change my vote."
Unvote: Kyler
Vote: Tezla (zzug)