Group 27

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Ulric was worn off even the next morning, his body had proven to be not as resistant to the fury as he thought so, but still, he was ready for what it was required of him. After meeting the others and walking down the stairs, they were recieved by a new group of elves, with Uvierna and Azruni as the head. He was for the first time without his armour, looking as scarred as a long time warrior could be, and Uriverne was looking as stonishing she will ever be.

The glance of a redheaded elf caught Ulric's eye. A witch elf called Winrif was there, probably she'll wanted to avenge the last bride they'll dispatched, letting him know to whom he should serve. Probably that was not it.

The meal was served, and although Ulric answered every question at him with care and presicion, He couldn't stop thinking what the bride wanted.

Uriverne set her plan, and divided the group. This would be the first time they were asked to be appart, and Ulric didn't quite liked this idea. Zardock was still traumatized, And although it seemed that Accrila was much better from her wound, she still was hurt. He was asked to remain in the manor, while Katon and Korhedron went on a notorious bodyguard mission.

As everybody left the table, Winrif snatch the moment and asked him to follow her, the way brides do when they're about to give some warning or command. Ulric had no choice, so he followed.

As you wish, sister Winrif

Ulric will follow Winrif.

OOC: I wanted to make a note, that i'm in holidays now, and really don't know my schedule, so i'll try to log in as frequently as i can, but keep going if i don't post. by the way: Great!! i've got +1 Strength!!
"If you're going to leave anyone alive, enslave it!"

RP: Group 27
Ulric Darksoul
WS:5 S:4 T:3 D:5 I:3
Equipment:
- Short sword, dagger, bastard sword 5 throwing stars and Ritual Dagger.
- Sea Dragon Cloak (dark green with dark blue scales)
- 1 healing balm (H) 4 healing balms
120g+12g

Skills: Controlled frenzy, two-weapons fighting
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

OOC: Ulric thnaks for telling me.

IC: If Korhedron expected a reply he didn't receive it, their mistress having left the main hall already. He caught up with Acrila and Katon as they made to gather their things. Ulric didn't join the others but approached the Bride of Khaine. She studied him further licking her full lips. They stood in silence for a moment, her delicate hands resting on her blades. I have heard of you Ulric, you fought well in the arena, and since you and your comrades have joined the House Shadowfang, the House Bloodrose has been suffering in this city. She started to walk towards the halls main doors, Ulric following behind as she continued. Like House Shadowfang The Bloodroses are powerful, and are sending more of the people to the city. Khaine cherishes bloodshed as you know, and a war is truly building between the houses. The temple favors the Shadowfang at the moment, and has sent me, an old friend of the house to aid them. The war must be ignited whilst Shadowfang is stronger. They had walked past the front of the grounds, and stood by the main entrance again.

She and Ulric nodded at Katon and Korhedron as they walked to the stables. They met Azruni there who was tying the last of his things to his horse. Ten guards were with him all mounted and ready. A slave brought two horses for the warriors as Azruni approached once again armed with greatsword and in his thick plate. I asked for you two to accompany me. We are going to see my father, the Highlord of House Shadowfang. We will meet the rest of my men outside the city, you will be commanding them. He got into the saddle of a fine black steed. Any questions?

As Acrila had returned to the main hall in full gear, Da'ai approached smiling at her. Well little one it seems we will be working together. Before he could continue Uriverna returned to the room. She beckoned for them to sit, as she did to Ulric and Winrif as they returned. After hearing from my advisers I have decided to remove House Bloodrose from the city. I have enough allies in the other houses to ensure that no Houses joint to Bloodrose will seek to get involved. She leaned back in her throne like chair, smiling cruelly. How shall we tear them apart?
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Post by Noble korhedron »

Korhedron thought to himself - 'A command - by Khaine's teeth, an actual command!! This WILL be interesting.....' Turning to Azurini he spoke. "No questions but one, mi'lord," he replied evenly. "Which gate?"

Korhedron is secretly gloating at being placed in command of even Azurini's small band. He has no further Q's but is wondering which of Vikhar's main gates they will leave by.....
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.
Jungly
Cold One Knight

Post by Jungly »

Acrila donned her armour took her short sword, dagger and crossbow and headed down stair to find out what would happen next in her life. As she entered the main hall Dia spoke Well little one it seems we will be working together

But Urviene had no time for chit chat She motioned for Acrila to sit down and after Ulric entered the room she asked them what they should do next against house Bloodrose.

This was something that Acrila had not really thought about as she had always just been expected to carry out orders. Still, it seemed that Urviene expected an answer, so Acrila though quickly.

Lady Urviene, I do not know very much about the house of Bloodrose, So the value of my suggestions may be limited, but I would imagine that any rich and powerful family can be ruined if it's trading vessels and their cargo are sunk. I suggest that we find out when the Bloodrose ships are expected to arrive in harbor, and that we devise a way to sink them, when they are a day, or so from harbor. At the same time we can also destroy any ships which are waiting in the harbor.
Acrila

Shade

Skill. basic stealth

WS5 S4 T4 D4 I3

Weapons. Light armour dagger short sword(Shadow dancer) crossbow
rope and grapple. paralyzing poison pick locks 20 caltrops. 10 meters of wire . ignition concoction( three uses) smoke bomb 3 cilps of bolts

463 gold
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Ulric entered the room back with Winrif, weighting the idea of starting a war. When he sat down to the main table with Acrila, the other shade and Winrif, Uriverne spoke. She wanted suggestions for ending the battles against Bloodrose.

If i may, a frontal assault would not be the way to attack Bloodrose, as you said, they have allies, which need to be put down. Maybe using Acrila's idea extended, attacking their allies too, so they would have their own problems to attend to would be the best tactic. Which houses are Bloodroses' allies? Which ones are their enemies? I think that what we could do is strike allies and enemies of the bloodroses and leave their sigil or some sort of mark to make them believe that it is Bloodrose whose attacking them, so a war that we wont need to fight could display. And then, after their battles have been fought, we should strike and kill the remnants

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

The west gate. Now we ride. He lead the procession of mounted elves, Korhedron and Katon in the middle. All moved out of their way as they moved through the city. No one, not even the insane, got in the way of a procession of mounted elves led by a highborn. The large gates were open to them and just outside stood the rest of Azruni's men. There were fifty spearmen, all wearing the colors of House Shadowfang, all hardened warriors, wearing the traditional chainmail and helmets of most Druchii spearmen, all carrying wicked spears and long shields.

There were also twenty other mounted men. Unlike Azruni's bodyguard there armor was of leathers not chain, and they carried a mixture of spears, crossbows and swords. They were light cavalry all looking fast and deadly, got at lighting attacks. Korhedron, you will be in command of my scout cavalry, Katon you will take control of my spearmen, you wont be needing the horse. Go introduce yourself and meet your men, we will be heading off soon

Uriverna stood pacing before she spoke. We will leave their allies alone. If my attack is seen as against one house, who I have a blood feud, they will leave it be, for my own allies will be present to keep the pressure. Though I have power, I cannot allow my conflict to engulf the city, I will loss to much and will have nothing to gain. But I know just the ship. It was the one that left my brother to do on that accursed Island, where you met him briefly. You will need to find out where it is and when, and how to destroy it. I can give you some support, and of course these two will help you, get to it.
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

The score of Elves before him was more than a normal sized unit. Katon couldn’t quite see how many Elves actually stood before him though the feeling of many eyes glaring at him gave him a sense there were enough of them. He had spent so much time in a unit when serving in the army, but to have to walk up and command, well that could be a difficult matter. A unit chose to obey through respect not through appointment as Azurni had instigated.

Still Katon had to set out to interact no matter how much he dreaded it. One thing in his favour was the state of his equipment. It wasn’t pristine and new, it was quite the opposite, fresh slices and twisted buckles of mail decorated his armour and shield. He looked as if he had some combat experience though to what calibre these Elves would have to wait and find out.

Making his way over to the Elves he kept his Spear slung across his shoulder and his Shield was tight to his back as always. The mask he had managed to acquire that seemed to always be on his mind of late was tucked into his tunic. Making his way closer more members of the Spear unit moved themselves to get a better look at the approaching Warrior.

Stopping a few paces short of the crowd he placed the butt of his Spear to the ground and stood before the Elves. “I am Katon, employed by the house of Shadowfang to undertake the duties the house wishes me too. For now i am charged with the task of ensuring we all fulfil the requirement to protect the Lord of his manner on his excursion. I am not here to be your general i am here to facilitate our Lords protection. I am as proficient as the rest of you in combat, you all must have proven your selves to the Shadowfang house at some point. But we are a unit now. We are only as good as our cooperation allows us and i am only as good as the troops under my instruction.”

Katon paused for a moment to watch over the Elves initial reaction to him. Before following up with more of an introduction.

“The ultimate measure of our success will be in our cooperation in our Lords defence. I will not be directing you from a point of comfort or safety, but i will be standing at the for front of you all at times of challenge and controversy for that is where i have proven myself to his household before and where i will continue to prove myself.”

Stepping closer as to almost merge with the ranks of the unit Katon instructs them with his first command. “We leave when our Lord is ready! On your mark my Lord!” Katon finally bellowed from the Spear Elf unit.

Katon will converse with the Elves before attempting to join their ranks and indicate to Azurni they are ready for his advance.
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Korhedron trotted his mount up to the scouts. Knowing shouting was only for blustering fools who thought they knew everything, he merely raised his voice slightly. "Right", he snapped. "I have only a few words here and I if his lordship is intent on moving off I won't have time to repeat them, so if any of you can't hear me, raise your spears. Everyone clear? Good. I won't pretend to know half what you fine gentlemen do about scouting in this wilderness but I do expect three things - your loyalty, respect and obidience. The first two, I will be earning by serving with you, the third you will accord me because as far as Lord Azurini is concerned - I. am. your. commander!! Now - for my first lesson later, which of you fine gentleman will be kind enough to demonstrate how to deal with a spear when I happen to be without one? It will have to wait, however, I think Lord Azurini wants to move off." Korhedron turned his mount to face the Shadowfang Noble. "I think we're ready here, mi'lord", he called across to Azurinis' bodyguard. "Do you wish to move off immediately?" Thinking to himself, he turned, ready to move off with the unit, 'I wonder if one of these lads has a spare spear they'll sell or lend - can hardly fight like 'em without being armed like 'em....

Korhedron is basically introducing himself and stamping his authority on the troops, but he will not shirk the same privations or dangers himself. He is also thinking that obtaining a spare spear from somewhere might be a good idea.....
Regards,

NK.

Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Ulric looked rather dissapointed by the news that his tactical plan was disregarded, but he only said:
As you wish, milady.

Ulric will stand there, and let Acrila and his fellow shade take the iniciative, as this seems to be a job suited for a shade... or an Assassin. He'll try to learn the means necessary for this kind of mission.

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Jungly
Cold One Knight

Post by Jungly »

Acrila was glad that her plan had, to some extent, been accepted.But she had spoken on the spur of the moment.Right now, she had no idea how they would sink the ship. She rose from her chair.

So lets go down to the docks

Acrila will get up and head for the door.
Acrila

Shade

Skill. basic stealth

WS5 S4 T4 D4 I3

rope and grapple. paralyzing poison pick locks 20 caltrops. 10 meters of wire . ignition concoction( three uses) smoke bomb 3 cilps of bolts

463 gold
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

One of the horsemen threw Korhedron a spear, who just caught it. He was unused to the weapon, but hopefully he would be able pick up the basics before they came to any real trouble. He formed up with them, looking straight ahead waiting for his Azruni to call them off on the march. Katons approach was slightly different. Two Druchii approached him from the spears, one a old battered warrior, face broken by scars, hair of a short dark red. His armor was equally battered and clearly well used. The other was slightly younger, though clearly a seasoned warrior as well. He armor was well kept with no signs of being battered or bruised in battle. His face and hair were equally well kept and formed, with the slightest hint of nobility about it. The old one gave a wicked grin, offering his hand which Katon accepted. 'I am Buro, this is Eritan, we will be your sergeants and command twenty or so men each below you, though you will have ultimate command. Good speech not to long not to much bullshit, the men are ready sir.' Eritan didn't say a thing just watching Katon. Both were judging him, just differently.

Both formations were ready to go, Azruni nodding to Kordhedron as they headed off. His bodyguard at the head, Korhedrons horsemen just behind, and Katon with the spears taking up the rear, half a dozen carts of supplies and the like a little way behind them, as they headed west. Korhedron keptsilence in the ranks as they moved throughout the day. Katon was more relaxed, and someone struck up and old marching tune, that remembered from his army days. The day wore on with the beat of hooves beat and song.

Meanwhile back in the city, Ulric, Acrila, Dia and Winrif were heading to the docks. They were sure exactly which boat to be looking for, but hopefully they would be able to find it after asking around. The docks were Virkarhs main point of income and prosperity, and as always they were busy, offloading slaves, spices, silks and other fine goods, and shipping off armor blades, trained beasts and the like. A market lay by the docks as well along with a row of seedy taverns. Winrif paused the group looking over them for a moment. Ulric, you and I are of no need here, I suggest we move to the temple, there is something else we need to discuss, of course if are cloaked friends object we can talk some over time. Dia cut in, I'm not worried either way, once we find the ship I must speak to you as well Acrila, we can ever look for it all together or not, but we will all be back at the mansion by nightfall.

Night was falling over the Chill lands, when Azruni called a halt. Sort out the camp, I am retiring for the night. His bodyguard had his pavilion erected in moments, and after he was safely inside, they formed a protective ring around it, Leaving the rest of them to sort themselves out.
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Korhedron turned quickly in the saddle as the horses trotted up the path. "Right," he began, "Which of you happened to toss me that spear?" A scout three rows back raised his sword in acknowledgement. "Good." Korhedron replied. "I'm obliged to you. Now perhaps you and some others can provide me with the opposition I need to learn how to use this thing mounted? It's simple enough on foot, but as far as I'm concerned, being mounted is a different kettle of fish. Also, I notice some of you carry swords and repeater crossbows rather than spears - how exactly does the unit operate? Splitting into three? Or something different...?

Korhedron has decided he may as well start learning how to adapt to mounted fighting as quickly as possible. He is also wondering how/why some of the troops carry swords and crossbows rather then spears. Obviously he knows they use them in combat, but he is wondering exactly how in terms of formations and tactics....
Regards,

NK.

Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Ulric walked with the others to the docks, where the buzzing sound of commerce rose over it. They knew the ship they should attack, so the task was merely to get to know the exact location of it.

Winrif paused, and said that the job wasn't quite for them, and that she wanted to talk a bit more with Ulric, alone. He was more calm now with her, although he hadn't yet forgotten that she was a bride, and her prime alliegiance was to the temple, not the Shadowfang house.

I'll follow you, sister. Acrila is more than capable to achieve this part of the task by her own.

Ulric will follow Winrif to the Temple.

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

The march had been fairly easy throughout the day, the men even sang old marching songs from times they had spent in the army. Katon remembered a few and joined in willingly as the marched through the day. Such song would be a rarity as the progressed further into the wilderness and the dangers of the land of chill much more apparent.

Stopping off some time near the fall of dusk Azurni wasted no time in retiring to his tent and leaving the rest to deal with themselves.

Turning to face the men he was now charged with Katon felt it best the men got dug in for the night turning to face the regiments of Spearmen at his disposal he easily picked u the distinguished face of Buro, this is and the pristine look of the younger Elf named Eritan. Beckoning both Elves over he instructed them as to what to do.

“Let your men rest now and get settled, you perhaps know these Warriors better than i. I ask you to pick your finest, we will need eyes tonight, revolving patrols. A few hours on then the rest of the night off. Those that keep watch during the night may have a place in centre regiment along the next day’s march as to lighten fatigue on them. I will speak with Korhedron and see what he proposes to do with the riders for tonight. Is there any other business to address before i speak with him?”

Katon will give Buro and Eritan time to bring up any other business before he moves to speak to Korhedron.

Making his way over to Kohedron he seemed most entwined with his new men. The cold of night was drawing in and the warmth from the march was soon leaving Katon and the thought of a warm fire and food started to creep in.

“Korhedron, a moment if i may?” Katon inquisitively asked as he approached the mounted Warrior.

Leading Korhedron away a little Katon probed as to what his plans were.

“I have asked that my men set up revolving patrols i am confident they will set up something workable and efficient. I ask through what will you ask of your riders tonight? I feel for tonight we are safe but as we progress further to our destination the protection of the town and knowledge of terrain will soon leave us. I don’t want a repeat of what happened on that accursed island.”

Katon will speak to his Command first and listen to them before speaking with Korhedron and taking an interest in his input if any.
Noble korhedron
Empire General

"Sentries, eh!?" Korhedron replied. "Good idea. Trouble is, I don't know these lads at all and you're the only one with any previous military experience - what would you suggest? Randomly pick a third of them and place the picked men on rotating shifts?

Korhedron is asking Katon for some advice about placing sentries for his men.
Regards,

NK.

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

“I have asked the commanders to sort a patrol and guard for the night. I was questioning whether you had anything planned for the riders, their usage as guard is somewhat limited as the Spearmen we have are in a plentiful and more defensively armed style.”

Looking around light would soon be fading them and the Elves looked to be sorting themselves out.

“Lights fading so a spot of scouting seems a little counterproductive but i leave that with you. If you need nothing more i will ensure the Elves at my charge are sorted for the night. I will speak to you in the morning if we have time, the success our mission lies in our co-operation. Something we lacked all that time ago on home soil and we lost a Shadowfang member. A mistake i don’t wish to repeat.”

Leaving the conversation Katon moves back to the Spearmen and ensures Buro and Eritan have nothing to ask of him, before settling for the night.
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Korhedron had to admit Katon had a point. But he had one point to raise. "Are you sure?! Some of these lads might be decent stalkers - I can ask them...?" Failing that I think I will put the spearmen on an inner perimetre inside your lads - what d'you think?!" Then, realising Katon wasn't really listening he grumbled good night and turned to his riders. "Alright lads", he spoke. "Dismount and make camp. I want some volunteers for an inner sentry too - just in case.... The botched raid I was on, we lost a Shadowfang member the same way... One minute we were marching in column up a road, the next we're in the middle of a battle - all through not having scouts ahead - well, not tonight....."

Korhedron is going to assign some of his spear-armed cavalry as foot sentries as a "just-in-case" measure. He would rather be safe than sorry.
Regards,

NK.

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Katon had his men set up camp, and organized patrols for the night. Few fires were lit and they began to cook there meal for the night. Korhedron approached his men who were feeding their horses and grooming them. He called them forward and asked for some to serve as foot patrols, this was received with hard cold silence. One stepped forward, her gear and arms the same as the rest, accept for a red band of cloth around her waist. Sir the Highborn has placed you in command but as your second I will tell you, we would rather cut our own throats then serve as boot ruiners. She turned away from him.

Katon meanwhile was talking with Buro and Eritan. The men were well, glad to have spent some time in the city. We are not overly sure where we are heading though sir, or to why you have been put in command. They waited for an answer from Katon, as the night wore on.

Back in the city, where the day was still young Ulric and Winrif were heading to the temple, the shades heading further into the docks. After a half an hour or so, the two followers of Khaine were in front of the temple. It was one of the largest structures in the city, a truly grand show, a place of blood death and psychotic worship. She stopped him them speaking. We know of your deeds young Ulric, though we seek not to punish you, we also know that Khaine, may blood pour for him forever, has seen to bless you further. I will say this now if you follow me back into the temple, things will change and you may be called upon to do thing you do not wish for. Will you follow me?
Jungly
Cold One Knight

Post by Jungly »

Acrila was happy to be working with Dia, she hoped that she would learn from him how to work more efficiently and stealthily. Nevertheless Acrila felt uneasy. She had got used to the fact that Ulric was a devoted Khianite, but the presence of the Bride of Khine, made her feel conflicted.

She wondered how Katon and Koherdron were faring. it was strange to all be working so seperately again after all the time they had planned and fought as a team.

Then Acrila's mind moved on to the job at hand. Sinking ships had been her idea, but she was certainly no expert. She had imagined attacking the ships out at sea. Here in the harbour , with so many people around it would not be easy.it seemed that they would need to get on board, either gain control of the ship, and steer it out of the safe harbour and onto the rocks, or set fire to it.

How many ways were there to sink a ship without the use of the Dwarves gunpowder? The ships were built with stout planks, not so easy to hack through, and certainly not undetected.

And how should they get aboard, with a clever story, creating a diversion, or simply using stealth, perhaps using her rope and grapple,and working their way though the crew, silently with with their daggers, or with a crossbow.

Could they drug the crew, and set the ship to drift off in the night and cash into the offshore rocks ?

Perhaps Dia had some ideas.He certainly seemed unconcerned

For the moment Acrila will continue walking with Dia towards the ship, waiting to see if he will say anything further
Last edited by Jungly on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acrila

Shade

Skill. basic stealth

WS5 S4 T4 D4 I3

463 gold
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Korhedron could hardly believe it but at the same time wasn't going to argue. "Halt", he called to her. "Name and rank?! Actually, I'd better do the same for the rest of you - and as for not serving as boot ruiners, fine!! I'll take first watch with Katon's men while you set up my tent. But if you wake in the afterlife with your throat slit, don't say I wasn't being careful enough!! Oh, and it won't have been by me - I'm a commander and warrior, not an assassain - I've seen insubordination a hundered times before - or why d'you think all I'm demanding is your name - unless you'd rather I simply call each of you "elf" or "Hey you!" all the time?! Anyway, get my tent set up in whatever mannner you'd place your own, we'll dice for the best spots another night, but for now, I'm going to play it safe and let a couple of volunteers do it - and this is one order I expect obeyed!! I'll be back after I confer with Katon about watches!!" With that, Korhedron turned from the female and started across the inner camp towards Katon's spearmen's tents.

Korhedron isn't going to push the issue of sentries, but he is definitely going to expect his tent ready when he gets back. He will confer with Katon and quietly offer to stand a watch, and see what he thinks of the surrounding landscape.....
Regards,

NK.

Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

Walking away from Korhedron Katon could see the Evles in his command wasted little time in setting up camp for the night. Buro and Eritan were undertaking Katons command well and could be seen speaking to various groups of Warriors, no doubt sorting out the nights guard.

Continuing to walk he met the two back by a lit fire and the three sat down for the moment. Katon offering them a nod of thanks as he sat, he was glad they were willing to work together, they would need to if they were to make the long roads to their unknown destination.

Buro and Eritan both questioned Katon and he felt it fair to offer them explanations to their queries.

“The city is nice, but i am glad to be out, it does sometimes feel a little confined for my liking. I we’ll definitely relish this time spent in the open. I am also keen to take a dawn watch with some of the Elves, i so long to see a clear sunrise un-obscured by the smoke of foundries and the dizzying heights of the Temple clouding my view. If you could point me in the direction of those on dawn watch i will make my intentions known after they have fed.”

Noticing Korhedron speaking to his unit and the lack of movement from their Lords tent he continued to speak with his command.

“As to where we are heading i unfortunately cannot offer any light on that subject. I was instructed to accompany our Lord, as to the destination i was not informed. When the opportunity arises i will probe as to where we are heading, but as you i feel my answer will be to mind my duty not that of our Lord. The Shadowfangs are a fair family, i am here working for them through self honour. I met one of the houses siblings on a raiding voyage. To cut a story short, things went bad and it was only through the sacrifice of a Shadowfang that i am alive this day. I owe the house retribution for the loss of one of it’s members. I have proven my worth and that i am dedicated to my cause. Due to that i am here now, as to why i have been selected to command you i am unsure as well. All i know is that i will put everything into all that is asked of me by the Shadowfangs until retribution has been delivered.”

Gazing into the fire Katon felt a burning hatred rise up, a feeling that was becoming all too common to him each time he thought of the betrayal that day on that accursed beach. Soon he hoped vengeance would be served.

Katon continued to talk through the night with Buro and Eritan, happy to answer to them anything he could.
Ulric darksoul
Assassin

Post by Ulric darksoul »

Ulric though for a moment what is what he'll be called to do. He had grown into his party, and an assassination is the most likely thing he would have to do, but he didn't know.

I'll follow you

Ulric will follow Winrif

Ulric Darksoul
Equipment:
120g+12g

Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Acrila and Dia weaved through the bustling docks, passing the Bloodrose ship. It was heavily guarded by the Houses guards, the crew were most likely in taverns, waiting to next ship out on a raid. A score or so Thorn could be seen, either patrolling the deck, one standing in the crows nest. Dia lead his fellow shade past the ship and into one of the many seedy taverns that lined the water, in front of which was a fish stall.

Inside a keeper greeted Dia as did a few others, he nodded and smiled at them, taking a booth for him and her. Meanwhile Winrif lead Ulric through the temple, past score upon score of Executioners and Brides. They were either training, performing rituals or a combination of both. Blood red banners hung form the bleach bone colored walls. She lead him past two red eyed guards, down into the catacombs. There is an order of of the temple that is less none then most. If you are willing you will learn much from us. But you will no longer answer to Shadowfang, you will answer to the temple and me. You will still serve Uriverna, but we will come first. She stood a torch in hand, darkness behind her, the light from the door behind him.

The female elf turned glaring at Korhedron, I am Wao of House Derch, a minor house linked to the Shadowfangs. I and my men are horse elves. I will follow you as will they because Lord Azruni commands. Go patrol with the commoners if you wish. She turned away from him again, the rest of the scouts ignoring him. Things were going better for Katon, he and his two sergeants drank and talked into the night, each taking a turn patrolling the camp. Korhedron returned after his time, his tent unmade, the other scouts having moved away from him.

Back in Virkarh Dia spoke to a few 'old friends' in a tongue Acrila didn't know. He leant back, taking a sip of dragon water. By the looks of it the Bloodrose ship is pretty well guarded, we got a few options right now though, either we can try and have a better look at the ship, or we can see if we can get some 'help' for our attack. Dawn rose over the bustling camp of Lord Azruni. All were already up checking gear, scoffing down rations. Katon mingled with his men, making jokes and laughing. Korhedron was straight backed in the saddle, his scouts nodding formally, not wanting to give any hint of insubordination, though Dia did glare at him.

The day wore on, Azruni calling a halt at midday, dark forest laying before them. The noble of House Shadowfang called his sisters men over. We rest for an hour, Korhedron you and your scouts head into the woods, scout the area, you figure out how.
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

The morning broke soon, thankfully the evening was uneventful and Azurni’s troops soon packed their gear and moved on.

Marching a fair few miles they stopped at one of the many dark forests that covered the land of chill. Dark and frightening places these were, too many story’s to be heard of the creatures and horrors that lay within.

An hour of rest was given to the Elves while the scouts did their work. Not wanting to spend the time doing nothing Katon went to speak to Buro and Eritan. Approaching them he pulled them to one side to discuss how they would march through the forest.

“Not fan of these forests ive herd too many story’s, so many in fact i can’t even drawn the line between story and fact any more. Still were going in, that means the supply’s too. I propose we march one unit at the rear and one at the head of the supply line. Those supply’s are our life line to making this little excursion so i have no desire to offer it as a temptation to any unknowns that may be lurking. We protect the supplies we will have a easier march to where ever we are going. I don’t fancy a march on a empty stomach these next few days.“

Katon paused for a moment to listen if his two commanders had anything more to add to his plan.

“Take a unit to the front and another to the rear of the supply’s when we head out. The Warriors can help move the supply’s if we are losing pace. I don’t want to spend a moment longer in that dark place than we have too.”

Offering his two commanders a nod to sort between themselves which of the two units would march where Katon took a few paces away to grab himself some water.

“Oh and whichever unit is taking the lead of the supplies i will join them.“

Katon will speak to his two commanders and plan how they are best to protect their supplies along the more dangerous leg of their travels.
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Korhedron turned his horse and walked it back along the column to Wao. "Right. You all know more about this than me. What's the standard practice for mounted patrolling through woodland?" Halting his horse, he stared at Wao, waiting for an answer...

Korhedron is a complete novice in this envrionment, so is deferring to Wao's judgement. He will wait for an answer, then order the patrol based on her judgement.
Regards,

NK.