Group 22 - Out of Character discussion thread

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Raneth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Raneth »

In the same line as Drainial... I hope we get a rematch soon. Good job on yet another monster post Kinslayer. :P
Vryala Naïlo - WS5 / S5 / T5 / D5 / I4

Equipment: bastard sword of Speed, shield of Defence, repeater (20/20), spear, mace, dagger, Armour of Night, SDC, whip, blowpipe (9/12)
Inventory: amulet of Strength, grapple, grenade x0, smoke x11, map, mage hand, sleep oil x8, cure balms x20, Yori's balms x1, winter gear, old kit, lion mask
Mount: Dark Steed (Blanky), barding, talisman of Protection
Gold: 1735
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Anarin Sarath (2), Basic Ride
Class: Warrior
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Caraoc - Don't worry about it matey, it certainly made me laugh though. Never before have I envisaged Dark Elves wandering the streets of Naggaroth singing such fell songs. :lol:
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Don't ever take seriously what I write.
Even this sentence above.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Next time he wants to make it rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGLZqDXau98
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

*Clicks link*

*Chokes on coffee laughing*
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Nightcall wrote:((Caraoc, I can't believe you used it!))
I'm often surprised myself at Caraoc's singing abilities.
He is taking much more freedom that I ever considered to give him when I hired him.
I should review his job's terms or reference.
This is supposed to be a serious RPG! - or is it really?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Bravo! I am still chuckling at his antics now. :)

Mod, Group 38
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Calisson wrote:
Nightcall wrote:((Caraoc, I can't believe you used it!))
This is supposed to be a serious RPG! - or is it really?

An oxymoron surely?
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Well spotted, Dranial. Sneaky Calisson! I hope Kinslayer suitably punishes for such trickery. :P

Mod, Group 38
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

:evil: G******it, my invisible ink has been revealed.
Dauricha
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Dauricha »

Hey guys. As some of my posts have suggested my time schedule is rather full at the moment. Hopefully once I have a proper job, and my life is a bit more settled I'll be back in full force. Apologies for the moment Kin and the rest of you if my posts are somewhat sporadic.
Phalx Tr'dasr – WS5 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Deathspitter (5/20) 4 of these poisoned (1/2x QD, 3xSD), short sword, dagger, punching dagger (Bloodthirst Rune), shade cloak, full leather armour
Inventory: thieves tools, torches x3, healing balms x5, rope and grapple, Vikarh map, dice, winter gear, orc tusk,
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 5829
Skills: Basic Stealth, Precision Fire, Basic Ride, Frenzy, Ambidexterity,Suithenlu Khythan (1): SP2
Class: Shade
Check out, http://thingsfrom1934.com/
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Calisson wrote::evil: G******it, my invisible ink has been revealed.

He's a Shadowmancer, you can't sneak things like that past him :P <reply> I can go where I wish, I'm an Astromancer, I'm a pilot! CARAOC WAS HERE!
Last edited by Kinslayer on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I SEE ALL -probobly

Gentleman of Moderation
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Drainial wrote:I SEE ALL
@ Drainial
Let's put you on probation. ;)

Kinslayer wrote::P
@ Kinslayer
Even you could be surprised. :p ;)
<singing>You'll see me on the screen, Through all the other soul's dark walls -
Fanfarlo - I'm a pilot
lyrics: http://www.lyricsmania.com/im_a_pilot_l ... farlo.html
soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt4tj8TtXTc
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Hey guys 'n girls,
does anyone know how to get rid of a song which has been running in my head for the last four days?
"It's rainin' men, Hallelujah, it's raining men, Amen..."
I've been trying to search for other songs on the Internet, but this one is more powerful and keeps afloat.
Drainial, that's your fault. ;)
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Serves you right, Calisson! :lol:

Elysian, I think you might be confusing me with Carathyle? "...Casathyle asked, now that was his kind of question" My corsair character is named Casaythe.

Mod, Group 38
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

That is my spell check unfortunately, I will try and keep a better watch on it, sorry about that.

And Calisson, never doubt my magic.

Gentleman of Moderation
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Oh I see (I managed to do the same with Caraoc's name earlier on; misspelling it with a 'k')

Mod, Group 38
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ Nightcall
You did not really mispelled Caraok, it was the initial spelling. I changed it later to Caraoc in order to feel more elf and less lizardman.

Drainial wrote:That is my spell check unfortunately, I will try and keep a better watch on it, sorry about that.

And Calisson, never doubt my magic.
I would question more your spellcheck "probobly" than your Shadowmancer's magic. :lol:

So, what do you think about Astromancer's magic ("see" Kinslayer's post above)?
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Calisson wrote:So, what do you think about Astromancer's magic ("see" Kinslayer's post above)?

I think it's good that we have our own weather forecaster now. Varin need never stop and wonder if he should take his umbrella out again :P
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

The answer of course will always be yes until Caroc can get 'it's raining men' out of his head.

Gentleman of Moderation
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Quick question, how is the gate house laid out. I.E what do we need to do inorder to open the main gate, is there a tower with a mechanism or just the gate itself?

Gentleman of Moderation
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I did put up a map of the gate area earlier in the Chapter so I will try to find it. The gatehouse is accessed through a small doorway to the right of the gate, up a few steps, near to the stairs leading onto the wall. Inside it you have no idea yet.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

I supposed that it was build like conventional castles.
I.e. 1 small 1-footslogger door, plus 1 large 1-chariot gate.
Normally it is impossible to open from outside.
It is easy to close from inside, and rather easy to open the large gate from inside with 2 men (or rather elves).

What I can't guess is whether the gates are usually moved by slaves, if they are very heavy.
Also, the small door could have a locking device, while the large door would be only barred with a massive wooden log.

Other question is whether there is some additional protection besides the door itself (metallic portcullis). That would be normal for the capital city or a city which is often under attack, but not necessarily for a small city out of usual invasion tracks.

With Kinslayer's answer, I understand that above the gate is a closed building, with a small access. If this is the case, and if the Chaos are inside the gatehouse and defending it, then our chances to climb the defended stair are close to 0.
Last edited by Calisson on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Calisson wrote:I supposed that it was build like conventional castles.
I.e. 1 small 1-footslogger gate, plus 1 large 1-chariot gate.
Normally it is impossible to open it from outside.
It is easy to close it from inside, and rather easy to open it from inside with 2 men (or rather elves).

What I can't guess is whether the gates are usually moved by slaves, if they are very heavy.
Also, the small door could have a locking device, while the large door would be barred with a massive wooden log.

Just to clear things up, the North Gate is the same as the East Gate and West Gate in Vikarh, they are smaller and rarely used. They are roughly as wide as ten Druchii standing shoulder to shoulder. They are thick iron doors that only open from the inside, by controls found in the gatehouse beside each one. In there are some levers, that turn the cogs to open and close the gate. Yes, slaves would normally perform such duties, watched over by a member of the City Guard taking orders from his commander atop the wall. As the North Gate is currently in the hands of the enemy, nobody yet knows what it is like inside the gatehouse (ie, if the slaves are alive, if any Chaos guys are in there... etc)

The South Gate (irrelevant in this scene but I will tell you anyway) is also called the Trade Gate, and leads out onto the main road that bypasses Vikarh. It is twice the size of the others and more heavily defended, and has smaller access gates on the sides like Caraoc suggests above. This one is more of an iron portcullis that drops straight down, though there are heavy iron doors that can be swung inwards by an army of slaves to completely seal the gate in defence of a siege. During the current situation in Vikarh, the City has been 'sealed' and the Trade Gate closed. That means the portcullis is down, and the huge iron doors swung shut in front of it which are normally left open. Only the most influentual City members could get through the small doors while the City is in lock down.