Shadow Arena - Deathmatch III - Now in Session

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

A member of the audience picks up Carmendum's severed head and sticks his hand inside it, making the jaw move with his hands

"Come on kill each other! KILL! KILL"KILL"KILL! Chopity chop hack hack slash!"

Throwing one of her fingers at Manfred he tried to start a chant.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Varaken
Executioner

Post by Varaken »

Name: Sniksin Quickpaw
Stats: M6, WS4, BS3, S4, T4, A6
Equipment: Short Sword, Spear, Short Bow, Light Armour, Helmet, Small Shield
Abilities: Sneaky Git, He who runs away...

Sniksin stood, temporarily stunned by the savagery of the Orc he came close to relieving himself then and there. It was only the severed digit aimed for the man-thing striking Sniksin in the side of the head that prevented yet further embarrasment on the part of the Skaven; not that he really cared for much beyond his survival at this point.

Greenskin still danger danger!! Must take out Greenskin then wounded man thing. If only we can get man-thing to draw Orc, then Sniksin attack from behind!! Plunge spear into Orc meat. Yes!

Sniksin moves carefully round behind the Orc, careful not to disturb him from his savagery of the kill he had just commited and hoping that the man-thing would attack the Orc to draw his attention. Sniksin will move behind the Orc and wait to see what Manfred does, always staying behind the Orc and slightly out of reach. If Manfred attacks the Orc then Sniksin will scuttle forward and try to drive his spear into the back of the Orc's knee again.
Only by the blade can weakness be purged.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Drainial wrote:A member of the audience picks up Carmendum's severed head and sticks his hand inside it, making the jaw move with his hands

"Come on kill each other! KILL! KILL"KILL"KILL! Chopity chop hack hack slash!"

Throwing one of her fingers at Manfred he tried to start a chant.
<some children present in the assistance applause at the bard's ultimate show.
- Mom, please, can I play, too, with the head? Pleaaaaase?
- Look at the muppet if you want, darling, but make sure to wash your hands afterwards.
Now please stop making noise while the action keeps going in the arena.
>

Off topic - Kudos to Drainial for the exceptional role-playing including post-mortem. :P
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Darkdoom
Executioner

Post by Darkdoom »

OCC: Sry for the shot post only had ten minutes of internet.

Name: Manfred Tell (m) Human
Stats: M5, WS4, BS5, S6, T4, A4
Equipment: Long Bow, Long Sword, Light Amour, Helmet
Abilities: Master Archer, Master of Speed

Manfred was disgusted by the mistreatment of the elves’ corps.
They could at least have let him sing his insults!, the mad voice thought in agreement.

Look at that sneaky rat, seems like it learned from us. Oh well, I’m faster than the ork and if he is out of my reach than I’m out of his reach.
Knowing that his strength was in range, Manfred fled directly away from the orc, who hopefully was still preoccupied by his meal and the rat.

OCC if possible I’ll edit this later.
Sangui Sangetsu Group 34

WS:5
S :4
T :2
D :3
I :4

Equipment: Longsword, Dagger, Leather amour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Handbow - 2 x 4 and 1 x 3bolts, pocket sundial, dry rations, 125 Crowns
Vaari
Black Guard

Post by Vaari »

<From within the crowd>

Siejl grinned as the sport continued to unfold below him. His initial disappointment from the dwarfs easy death had faded, many a time the greedy ones had given a fine challenge on the battlefield, it appeared the arena was too much for that particular inferior specimen.

However the ratman's antics coupled with the asur's demise quickened Siejl's blood. The arena could never excite him as the field of battle did, but it would do for now...

(OCCrowd) Please continue guys, this has been satisfying reading.
Group 28
Name - Seijl Illydrien Class- Shade
Character Stats
- WS 6 - - S 3 - - T 3 - - D 4 - - I 4 -
Equipment
MC Light Armour, MC Buckler, MC Longsword,, Repeater Crossbow, Dagger w/ UC, Dagger w/ DV Shade Cloak. Field Kit (Healing x3), Vials of Unseen Chains (x3 uses) , Vials of Dark Venom (x4 uses) , Lamia Fang, Harpy Claws
Circlets : 260, , Emerald Eye (200Circ.) Rations: 10/10 Bolts: 16/20 , Null Stone
Skills
Basic Stealth - Heal
Asikari
Highborn

Post by Asikari »

<From the other side of the audience>

"Boo!!!", "Hiss!!!," "Coward!!!"

Globs of dried meat, bread, even a few shoes and sandals pelted about Manfred as he fled the hulking beast.
"The strength you normally use is like the small visible segment of an iceberg..." Tohei-sensai

"Few problems can't be solved by the judicious application of brute force" Asikari
Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

OOC: Oh dear. I thought the deadline was on saturday. Sorry.

IC:

Name: Aks (m) Orc
Stats: M4, WS7, BS3, S7, T5, A3
Gear: Great Axe, Mace, Heavy Armour, Helmet
Master of Battle, Heavyweight

A rush of movement was Aks knew; the flailing limbs anf thrashing body. His teeth closed around the elf's arm and found purchase on the bone. Fully giving over to his animal side Aks thrashed around until there was no more resistance, Carmendum's body having gone limp. Aks roars as he holds the arm in the air, spattering even more blood on himself. Aks' celebration was short lived however, the human was sneaky and managed to strike while Aks was distracted. The human's sword plunged into Aks' stomach, cutting short his cry of triumph. Aks hardly noticed the rat, the human had cut a big wound in Aks and was his only focus.

Aks lost his axe and didn't know where it was, or care... much, the red mist had set in and his fists would do the fighting. The human was weak, just like the elf. Even though he was wounded, Aks was more than equal to killing the human. Hurt as he was, Aks could only manage a snarl of rage as he attacked the human.

Aks will retaliate for the wound that the human gave him. He will try and close on the human, punching wildly with his fists, almost a last gasp effort.
Lextalionis
Shade
WS:5 S:2 T:4 D:5 I:3
Basic Stealth. Stealth. Precision Shot. Rapid Fire. Acrobatics
Equipped; Short Sword, 2xDagger, Repeater Crossbow, Repeater Crossbow Pistol, Shade Cloak

225 G
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Much to the anger of the crowd, Manfred looked up at the Orc as he swallowed the tatter of elf flesh that was left on his lips and lost the will to fight. He had wounded the Orc, and he thought the better of staying around for the brute to repay the favour. He turned and ran, dodging random bits of hurled debris and ignoring the cries and jibes of the Druchii onlookers. Aks was not about to let the human get away however, and he began to stomp after his opponent. Sniksin took this as his opperunity to once more attack unhindered, jumping forwards and thrusting hsi spear into the back of Aks' leg. The rusted weapon hit the Orc but glanced aside, the greenskin barely even noticing the hit as he continued to chase down Manfred. As Aks ran he swang his fists about wildly, but by the time he reached the far end of the arena he realised the human had evaded him and he was punching a stone wall.

Aks now stood at one end of the arena, with Manfred coming to a halt as far away from him as possible. Sniksin watched from the centre, his tail twitching with anticipation.

Players -
Aks: 1DP
Manfred: 2DP
Sniksin: 3DP

Next posting deadline: Monday 21st June
Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

Name: Aks (m) Orc
Stats: M4, WS7, BS3, S7, T5, A3
Gear: Great Axe, Mace, Heavy Armour, Helmet
Master of Battle, Heavyweight

Aks grinned when his fist finally connected with something, too bad it was a stone wall. He howled in frustration and head butted the stone wall (no nasty comments about people's head's being full of stones please). Aks was breathing heavy from his wild, and rather pointless, charge across the arena. The rat man seemed very good at not drawing attention, possibly because nobody would consider it a threat. Rightly so, the human was bigger and therefore stronger. The human had rather sneakily got away from Aks. Nothing to do but to catch him. Most warriors would be rather sick of fighting in the arena, but Aks loved it.

Aks starts to make his way towards the human, this time moving rather more quietly; enough of his excessive rage had been vented that he didn't need to vocalise his wrath. Not having to lug around the heavy axe was nice and made him move a bit faster, but he still would have preferred to have it.

Aks will begin to jog towards Manfred, intending on giving him a good old pounding. If the human stays around and draws a bow or sword to defend himself Aks will increase his casual jog to a more charging killy sort of pace. When(if) Aks reaches Manfred he'll let his fists do the talking, and the thinking, planning, empathising and the post-match report.

Stance: offensive
Lextalionis
Shade
Equipped; Short Sword, 2xDagger, Repeater Crossbow, Repeater Crossbow Pistol, Shade Cloak

225 G
Darkdoom
Executioner

Post by Darkdoom »

This to be going very well actually. His sence for enyoing this game started when he saw the massive orc charging the stone wall instead of him. Well, if wood elfs hug trees, why should orc not hug stone walls? It became certainly less funny anyways when he saw the orc charging him. That alone, with the orc missing his axe, would not have worried him, him having the longer rane and the higher speed, but the wound in his shoulder had taught him not to underestimate the cute rat which was still sticking around.

Ok, thinking that that rat is cute is really messed up. Now THAT makes it clear that I'm deffenitly crazy. Hmm, atleast that might help me to surrive this.

Muhahaha! :twisted:

As probably everybody expected he drew his bow. He might as well try to bring the orc down and then kill the little nuisance. he was sure that if he actually payed attantion to the rat it would be un able to hurt him. After that he'll draw his sword trying again to kill what ever charges him first.
Stance:- Offensive!
Sangui Sangetsu Group 34

Equipment: Longsword, Dagger, Leather amour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Handbow - 2 x 4 and 1 x 3bolts, pocket sundial, dry rations, 125 Crowns
Varaken
Executioner

Post by Varaken »

Sniksin hissed in irritation as his spear was turned aside by the thick plate of the Orc's armour, driving the point wide to impale nothing more than air. Seeing that melee was not going quite to plan against the Orc Sniksin reslung his spear and drew his bow from his back, pulling an arrow to the string but not drawing it...yet.

Sniksin shoot man-thing or greenskin? Man-thing less dangerous but Orc harder to kill-kill...mmm difficult difficult...Sniksin shoot Orc, can outrun it and might hurt green thing that seemed to dislike stone...

At the mention of stone a fleeting image of his clans glorious store of warpstone flashed through his mind, setting his whiskers quivering in delight and pleasure before the knowledge that he might never see it again brought him back to sharp, rat-ish focus on the matter at hand. The Orc was jogging towards the man-thing that had a bow in readiness though was apparently unsure who to use it on.

Sniksin will draw the arrow back on his bow and, hoping to do some damage to the Orc, will aim for the less armoured head either to distract so that the human can finish the Orc or take him down himself.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Enraged at Manfred for his evasive move, Aks turned back towards the human and wordlessly began to charge him. Sniksin watched on as he drew his bow, still deciding which one of the pair to fire upon. When he noticed that Manfred too was drawing an arrow in Aks' direction, he decided to shoot the greenskin and hopefully bring it crashing to a halt. That would leave just him and the man in the arena to fight it out, and Sniksin was sure he had a better chance against the man than he did the orc. Pulling taught his bow string, the skaven let loose a stone tipped arrow. Across the arena, the ranger did the same.

Manfred watched as Aks thundered towards him once more, increasing the speed of his charge as the skavens' arrow bounced off the side of his helmet with a dull clang. The ranger was not about to turn and run again though, partially because he now had a wall to his back. Instead he zoned in on years of training and experience, aiming his bowshot perfectly before releasing his arrow. Almost to his amazement, the arrow sailed true through the air and hit Aks square between the eyes. Black orcish blood splattered upwards in a vivid display of keen marksmanship, and Aks' legs collapsed beneath him as he fell in mid charge. Sliding to a halt at the feet of Manfred, the wooden shaft of a human arrow still jutting from his brow, Aks breathed his last.

The Druchii were applauding once again.

Players -
Aks: Dead
Sniksin: 3DP

Next posting deadline: Friday 25th June
Lextalionis
Beastmaster

Post by Lextalionis »

IC: THUMP

OOC: Well I can't say I didn't see it coming, as soon as Manfred and Carmendum teamed up I could hear a little voice in the back of my head and it was saying Aks is gonna die fast, Aks is gonna die fast, Aks is gonna die fast. He actually lasted longer than I thought he would :D

I enjoyed playing him and I hoped you enjoyed him being played. Also, thanks for all the hard work Kinslayer, top notch.
Lextalionis
Shade

225 G
Varaken
Executioner

Post by Varaken »

Sniksin saw his arrow deflected by the greenskins helm, before it skittered off into the blood gutter that ran around the edge of the arena. Flicking his eyes from his lost arrow back to the Orc he saw the monster face-plant heavily into the crimson stained sands of the arena floor before sliding with more grace than he ever possessed in life to come to rest at the human's feet, voiding its life blood into the absorbant flooring.

Greenskin dead-dead!! Now kill man-thing.

An evil grin split the ratmans face in a grim parady of humour.

Man-thing good with bow, better than Sniksin. Sniksin quick-quick though...Sniksin kill man-thing with it.

Sniksin dropped his bow to the floor and drew his sword before bounding forwards with all speed he could muster.

Sniksin is going to sprint forwards, sword in hand, using his momentum to put a bit more force into his stroke than he is usually capable of he is going to thrust his sword at Manfred's guts, hoping to catch him off guard, twisting the sword as he draws it out and leaping back out of reach.
Varaken
Executioner

Post by Varaken »

OOC-well played Lex, very Orcish! Though can't say I was particularly saddened by Aks' death being the cowardly Skaven that I am for the moment!
Darkdoom
Executioner

Post by Darkdoom »

Shorttly after he had let the arrow lose he saw it cottecting with the orc right between the eyes. Then, when the corps of the giant orc fell on the groulnd of the arena with a THUMP he felt a nice warm and hearty fealing go all through his body and of course a lot of pride. I don't think that even one of THOSE, looking at the audience, could have done that better. The rat now had a bow in it's hands as well, which made it look even more adorable. He just couldn't look away from that cute rat nose.

Oh, I think I'm falling in love..., I really need to skinn that rat and get it's nose!

That the rat drew it's blade again didn't change his feelings at all. Come on ,darling, let's play!, he said while drawing his
long sword.

This shouldn't be to hard, that thing might be faster, but I have the longer reach, I can chop off his head before he even reaches me.

Still you gotta give him credit, he isn't wounded at all and he caused that wound in our shoulder., the voice interrupted his thoughts again.

On which side are you?!?, he questioned it.

I'm in your body, part of you, on which side do you think I am! I just said you gotta be careful, I don't wanna die quite yet. Oh, please be careful not to damage the cute nose., he got screamed at...in his head.

Manfred will atempt to use his longer reach to harm the rat before it even reaches him, aiming for the weapon arm or the legs.

Stance:- Offensive.

OCC: Nice job Lextalionis. It was nice and challenging to play against you. Thanks also to Drainial and Kinslayer for vey good postin and making a good story. and not to forget all the "audience"! May the weaker one be slayed!!!
Sangui Sangetsu Group 34

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - Sorry this post is short and admittedly low grade, I just entered the better version and my PC froze and lost it. Luckily I remembered the results of the dice rolls!

IC -

Sniksin took a moment to draw his blade, which gave Manfred ample opperunity to assess his options and do the same. Moments later the skaven charged the man, who held out his blade before him to make use of his superior reach. Despite Sniksins' fast movements and agility Manfred landed the first strike, slashing out across the rats thighs just as he reached him. The leather padding there was parted and vile skaven blood splattered out across the sands, Sniksin stabbing his blade into Manfreds' gut in return. Despite being perfectly aimed and well powered, the rangers armour still somehow deflected the blade away with little more than a scratch.

Having each now wounded the other once during the contest, both players were bleeding slightly but had enough fight left in them to stand their ground.

Players -
Sniksin: 2DP

Next posting deadline: Wednesday 30th June
Last edited by Kinslayer on Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

< voices in the assistance >
- Do you want to bet on the rat, now? :lol:
- Hell no, with the ork vanished all my money! :evil:

- Darling, now leave that head and look down to the arena, the show is soon coming to its conclusion. :)
- Yes, mom... :(

- Hey, can't you shut up? :x
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Darkdoom
Executioner

Post by Darkdoom »

He silently congratulated himself. He had gotten to the final showdown. With the rat! He had already won this game. Well almost. Killing the wounded rat shouldn’t prove so difficult, but well what do you know, he might still surprise him.

He was sure about one thing however, he was better than the rat in mêlée and ranged, he, it, might be faster, but with that alone it still couldn’t win.

He’ll attempt to continue the melee, trying to charg the rat if in reach and use the supiriour length of his long sword. If the rat should run away he will attempt to strike it, but not follow. If the skaven draws its bow, so will he.

Stance: Offensive
Last edited by Darkdoom on Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sangui Sangetsu Group 34

Varaken
Executioner

Post by Varaken »

Sniksin stumbled backwards in pain, his thigh weeping his lifeblood into the arena floor. Hissing in pain and frustration he bared his teeth at Manfred in a ricktus grin. He ran his finger through his blood that now coated his thigh and shin and licked it, tasting his own blood for the first time since his birthing. Savouring the coppery taste he licked his lips, all the while staring at Manfred, hoping to unman him.

Man-thing hurt Sniksin, Man-thing hurt Sniksin!! Bad Man, bad man! We get revenge, now we get revenge. Sniksin survive the Greenskin, and the pointy ear...now he kill the Man-thing.

Sniksin walks towards Manfred slightly more cautiously this time, ready to leap out of the way at the last second, jabbing the air in front of him with his sword to keep Manfred from charging.

We keep him away, we keep him away from poor Sniksin. Then Sniksin will cut him, cut him up good and dead.

Sniksin will feint to Manfred's left before turning and slashing at his right leg

Stance: Aggressive
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - Sorry for the delay, I was waiting for your posts and just got back from a long weekend away. I lost one of my closest pets today and am basically not in the mood to modpost. I will do so asap.
Varaken
Executioner

Post by Varaken »

OOC - Sorry to hear that Kinslayer. You have my sympathies.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Manfred and Sniksin were locked in combat, the dead bodies of the other competitors still littering the sand around them. Hundreds of Druchii looked on and cheered, calling the names of those fighters they had bets on. For the competitors it was all a wash of background noise, like an unfocused blur. They had their attention firmly fixed on each other, and Manfred was quick to make use of his superior reach as he slashed at the skaven. His sword slashed across the ratmans leather armour chestplate and tore a great gash through the material and the flesh beneath, cauing the rat to screech in pain. Even as the wound was inflicted though, Sniksin darted to one side and made a return attack of his own. His rusty blade plunged into Manfreds' right leg despite the heavy armour plating there. The two snarled in pain and rage, each now more wounded than ever but still intent on seeing the fight through to its bloody conclusion.

Drawing on the last of their reserves, Manfred and Sniksin continued their duel.

Players -
Manfred: 1DP
Sniksin: 1DP

Next posting deadline: Friday 9th July.
Varaken
Executioner

Post by Varaken »

Skinsin hobbled backwards, clutching at the gash that lined his chest, wimpering in pain. Both fighters were near their end, both bled heavily into the already ruby red sands of the arena floor. Taking a deep breath Sniksin returned to his fighting stance, shifting his weight from one foot to the other clutching his sword tightly in his right paw. Manfred was now hobbled and Sniksin had the advantage of speed, but how to use it?

Sniksin hit Man-thing, Man-thing in pain! See! See! No like right leg now, right leg weak!

The skaven all but squealed in delight as he realised how wounded Manfred was, but a sharp pain in his chest brought him back to his own, not insubstantial, injuries.

Must end this quickly, must end quickly. If not, Sniksin die die!

Bunching up the muscles in his legs he sprang forwards into a sprint, closing the gap between the two of them in a heartbeat. But Sniksin was not going for the attack, sidestepping first to the left, then the right, Sniksin made to pass Manfred to attempt an attack from behind.

Sniksin will attempt to wrong foot Manfred before attempting to pass him on his hobbled side before turning and driving his sword into Manfred's back.

Stance: Aggresive
Last edited by Varaken on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkdoom
Executioner

Post by Darkdoom »

Manfred realised that he was not far form death, on his last resorts. If he wouln't end theis quickly this would be his end as well. He could only hope that if he won the elfs would safe his life, even if only to let him fight again.

Well, at least that dirty rat doesn't look much better than I do.

Our cut through it's thights should have slow that abdormination down as well. Oh my god, that thing is so ugly that it has to be against nature; exept for the nose!!! That of cause was his maddness wanting to say something as well.

If we win this I'll cut it of for you.

Don't let it get all splattered with it't dirty blood. And ... concentrate on not dieng first.

One his and that thing is rad food! As long as I hit it nothing can go wrong.

Please don't say that. It make me get gosebum.

YOU are ME! How should that be possible?

I don't know,... it's not like I'd be you!?!

Setting his left food forward he'll attamt to hit the rat, and slice it in half, by swinging his sword in one long arch infront of him.
Stance: Agressive

OCC: May the best man win!
Sangui Sangetsu Group 34