Group 34 > never gone, just AFK

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Oh, that is sodding fantastic, a homosexual and a bisexual and I'm the tip of the triangle! Khitai's next comment, however, got Kayla fuming. But the khainite barely gave her pause to get angry. He was talking of some kind of deal with Gareth - their kidnapper - and surprise surprise, Calis lapped up the opportunity. Kayla did not remember anything of the sort, this was the first she had heard of it.

The white haired one rose from his bed and approached her, the warrior tensed with anticipation, but something in his manner placated her. Khitai was surprisingly sensitive, not at all like the callous shade. Kayla was in shock and visibly flinched when he touched her, and again when he stroked her hair - a lovers touch that would have earned anyone else a smack in the gob, but Kayla was too dumbstruck to think about it. Eyes wide, she stared back at him. "...I hope I could be a reason to stay."

As he returned to his bed, Kayla stood like a statue, still reeling. "I..." Damn you, Khitai. The warrior shook her head, trying to get her thoughts in order. "I know nothing of any deal with Gareth, he kidnapped me and the other two, they may have forgotten but I have not." After a pause, she continued. "And you wish for me to side with him and Calis, who is so eager to forget?"

Kayla walked over to Khitai as he lay on his bed, she put her palm on his belly and placed the comb on his chest and leant over as if she was going to kiss him. The warrior looked him straight in the eye and, in a deadly serious whisper, she said: "Before I forget, Khitai, refer to me as a child again and I will shove this fist" - her first hovered barely inches from his face to emphasise her point - "up your rectum so far I'll be clawing out your eyes!" She held her gaze steady for a few moments, just to make certain he understood her. But then her eyes softened and the anger slid from her face - she resisted the urge to kiss him.

She stepped quickly away towards the door. "You are the only friend I have. Just don't think that I will stay for you, a good reason that may be... but, it is not enough." Her usually hard voice was soft and emotional, but the veneer soon cracked and it became hard as granite again. "I must speak with Gareth. He owes me an explanation." The warrior moved towards the door.

Kayla is leaving the room...
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

He surley thought he would be knocked down by the warrior when she brought up her fist, but only a threatening comment came.
Rectum?, that would be a sight for sore eyes...
He laughed inside at the comment, but kept his mouth shut.
But as she lowered her fist, he could see a sparkle in her eyes, and it made his heart beat a bit faster.

" I must speak with Gareth, he own me an explanation" she said, and moved towards the door.

"Hurry back, don't be a stranger" he said with a calm, suiting voice. Almost in a way that could be interpreted like he wanted her back, back in the bed beside him.

The warrior left, and Khitai layed back down to rest some more

Resting and sleeping some more, to gain even more strengt

Khitai - Khanite - Group 38
WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Skills: Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting
Equipment: 2xfine scimitars, dagger
Inventory: Gold 30, Crowns 40, 1 Red ruby
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

The warrior placed a hand on the door and was about to open it when Khitai spoke from his bed. After all that has been said all you can say is 'don't be a stranger'? There was a catch in his voice, almost sounded like an invitation. The Khainite seemed not to care one iota that she had been kidnapped - and why would he care? - he only seemed to care that she reciprocate his advances and join him in bed. Bah, males, why are they never what you want them to be?

"Hope you like your little gift. Hopefully you'll put it to use, or I can." Kayla tried to keep the irritation from her voice, but couldn't quite manage it. She opened the door and made to leave, then, almost as an afterthought, Kayla closed the door and asked: "Are you going to accept Gareth's offer?"

Last question before Kayla leaves the room.
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

The tone in her voice shifted, he sensed that he had said something wrong.
As he closed his eyes, the question came that he hoped to avoid
"Are you going to accept Gareths offer?"

He sat back up in the bed and said:
"Thanks for the gift, it will come to use, much appreciated. As for Gareths offer, it's worth a thought. He hasn't done me wrong....yet. But I do not trust him of course, the friends I have is yourself and Cali. The toeless corsair is a stranger to me. I really hope that we may stay together as a groupe, exploring the world and share blood in battles."

He took the comb in his hands
Go see Gareth, he will probably explain the offer as I can't. My decision at this moment is uncertain.

Again he layed back on the bed with the comb in hand, hope the warrior took notice.

Getting more rest from sleeping

WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Without turning away from the door the warrior listened to what Khitai had to say. Stay together as a group? A group signifies unity, and thanks to Calis, we are anything but united. He will never accept me and I cannot take another betrayal, not from you, Khitai, not from you. Kayla sighed. "Seems you have already made your decision... If you had it your way, we would be sharing more than blood." Without a further word, she opened the door, stepped out into the corridor and closed the door resolutely behind her.

The warrior walked back to her room in a solemn mood.

Can you see the madness deep inside?
Seems my worst behaviour is the ultimate choice
So now I am bound to be bad
Whether you like it or not
Can't explain but my weird personality
Seems to be fighting inside
Whether I like it or not
Stretching the ropes around you
Now you are fading away
So you are bound to the bed
Whether you like it or not
You are here but there is no sensuality
You're making me spiteful again
Whether I like it or not
Whether we like it not
Can you see the madness deep inside?
No more reason
To get to now me
No more prison
I will release you...

Kayla has returned to her room. First duty of the day is another strenuous workout - after she has changed into her bandages, of course.

OOC: Interesting chat :lol:
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Chatting with Gareth, Calis'Shad tried to understand what was the extent of the work that was expected from them.

Later on, as Kayla & Kithai were having their romantic conversation, Calis'Shad went looking for the cook.
He would offer to give a hand in attending the wounded - with the intent to learn basic aid, for later use on battlefields.
Also, he would offer the pair of butcher knives that were looted, which could be of good use for either a cook or a surgeon.

Getting along with Gareth and the cook.

<OOC: time to catch up with IC thread, which has been falling behind the OOC thread.
Wishing a modpost any soon, when Smiler's exams are over.>
Equipment: Short Sword; Shade Cloak; Repeater Crossbow & 4x5 clip; precision crossbow & 12 bolts - 219 crowns - torch; lantern; tinderbox - dry rations & 2 bottles of 2465 vintage - pair of butchers knives
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

OOC: Finally getting back on track after a painful few weeks for me.

IC: Calis bid goodbye to Gareth, then made his way down the corridor that was being used as a surgery, which was evident by the various sounds of pain and smells of blood and alcohol given off by the rooms. Lacking any knowledge of where the cook/medic was working, he moved along peering into each cabin and being greeted by the sights of corsairs in various states of disassembly, until about half way down the corridor he found the cook sewing a large gash in a corsairs arm.

After an... intimate... chat with Khitai, Kayla left the khainite to his recovery and returned to her cabin, stripped down to her under-armour bandages and began to exercise in the small space. Before 15 minutes had passed Kayla was interupted mid-way through her eight hundred and eighty seventh sit-up by a knock at her cabin door. Kayla got up and opened the door to find Gareth now out of his armour, who took in Kayla's state of dress with one eyebrow raised in surprise. "Good afternoon, I'm sure you've heard of the offer I have extended to both your corsair aquaintence and both the shade and the khainite a short while ago," Gareth moved past Kayla as he spoke and sat down on the bed, "what, pray tell, are your thoughts on the matter."

Khitai meanwhile lay back in his bed and played with the comb Kayla had given him for a few moments, then faded into sleep the comb still held to his chest.

There you go, a set up for a whole lot of my involvement in the next few posts ... and more of not much for Assani - that's what you get for being heroic I guess. Kayla is in her room with Gareth, Calis is in a impromptu trauma centre/surgery with the cook/medic (can anyone remember if I named him or not?), and Khitai is asleep in the same place he was. Carry on.

OOC: Sorry about the gap between me saying I was modposting and actually modposting, the internet ate the modpost I wrote yesterday so I rage-quit and started again today. Also I am seriously out of practice, this(these) modpost has taken much longer than they used to.
Opus vos liberaverit
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Oh, you remember our song, don't you, Taxaklaglior? Only you never did release me. True, you showed compassion on the odd occasion and released me from your grasp, but it was never for long enough. Just as the torture and suffering was never enough, was it? I enjoyed those times you hung me naked to wall with barbed chains and vicious intent, caressed me with toxic knives, those words of defilement you spat upon my flesh, the sweet partings of my thighs... And now I am free of you. Your essence lingers, though, your spirit be gone. Hopefully not for good - I miss your company!

What am I to do now that you are gone? Will you return? Calis freed me of you, somehow he managed the impossible, and that I will never forget. He offered me nothing in return... Except, perhaps, a chance to live.

Upon returning to her room the stout warrior wasted no time getting herself prepared for her morning ritual. She was in a sombre mood and got to it with particular ferocity, her mind went numb as she did sit-ups unending. That was, until a knock at the door startled her. The warrior collapsed on the floor, almost breathless, but after a few seconds she rose and opened the door.

Gareth stood out in the corridor, just as surprised to see her in her current attire as she was to see him at all. After some few seconds and an angry glare, Kayla opened the door wide for him to enter. The Noble wasted no time in moving past her and sitting on her bed - if she weren't so exhausted that alone was an offence that deserved a beating. Had she even invited him in? Why have you come, I wonder. Not for a rape and a beating, I presume, though, you definitely deserve the latter.

"Good afternoon, I'm sure you've heard of the offer I have extended to both your corsair aquaintence and both the shade and the khainite a short while ago, what, pray tell, are your thoughts on the matter." Gareth seemed totally unaware of Kayla's anger towards him, or more likely, he was ignoring it so as to not show her any weakness on his part. Kayla firmly shut the door and turned to face him with a cruel smile, folding her arms over her chest. You audacious bastard. You are very brave or extremely foolish to come in here all alone.

The warrior considered her response for a few moments. "The others may have forgotten that you kidnapped us, but I have not. As of now that thought is foremost in my mind. You have come here alone and invaded my privacy, so you'd better be on your best behaviour. Don't think that I am not dangerous just because I am unarmed, I can and will kill you if you give me cause. And do not mistake that for a threat, it is simply a question of... your sincerity." Kayla fell silent for a few moments, her stern gaze not leaving him for an instant.

"Your offer? Khitai informed me of it some half hour ago, but he left out all the details - details that I expect from you. However, before we get down to the, ah, terms of my service, please sate my curiosity on a few matters." This was not a request. "Why did you kidnap me? Surely, if you were in such dire needs of my expertise you could have just commanded the garrison to send me to you. Nobles have that privilege, or am I mistaken?"

Perhaps it was the exhaustion she felt, or the many words she had spoken, but her mouth felt unusually dry. "In what capacity do you wish to recruit me? Bodyguard, enforcer, tax collector?" She added the last suggestion with a mocking sneer. "I am a warrior and a soldier, I can only assume you wish to employ me as one."

Having a pleasant chat with Gareth.

OOC: Well, Smiler, I for one am happy to have you back - it was cruel of you indeed to absent your awesome presence from us for so long!! :lol:

Don't feel as if you need to 'mod-post' the conversation, we could just have it like we're both just role-playing normally, might make it easier? And, apologies if it is a lot to take on board... I was eager to get stuck right in 8)
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

Gareth listened patiently as Kayla first informed him that she was willing and able to kill him at a moments notice, then questioned the finer points of the agreement, an arrogant slightly patronising sneer fixed in place the whole time. When Kayla lapsed into silence Gareth stood up, the cramped cabin forcing the pair close together, but while Gareth was a good few inches taller than her Kaya's bulky frame made him look frail by comparison, somewhat ruining the intended affect. Nevertheless Gareth let his slight smile slip slightly as he spoke quite casually, "before I begin we need to make one very clear between us, though I'm sure you would quite happily try to kill me, I can quarantee you will not succeed, armed or no. And even if you were to kill me, through some underhand trickery no doubt, the druchii on board this ship are loyal to thier captain, which for the duration of this voyage is me, and anyone who lay a hand on them would find him- or her-self strung from the crows nest by thier innards before my last breath left my body," Gareth sat back down, the condescending sneer once more fully formed on his face, "do we understand each other? Or do I need to send for a demonstration?"

Aggressive negotiations with Kayla
Opus vos liberaverit
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Finally, Calis'Shad found the cook.
He introduced himself as a new recruit of Gareth, hired to facilitate the access to the castle.
He thanked warmly the cook for helping Kithai to recover, and proposed some help for the other wounded corsairs, with the will to learn first aid sooner or later.

Finally, knowing that the cook was not part of the raid, he gave him the pair of butchers knives.
The Bretonnian cook won't have anymore the use for that. But you, you might wish to cook us an exotic Bretonnian dish some day?

Making friend with the cook/surgeon.

<OOC: No name yet for the cook.
Glad to make it as quick as possible, with your double-modding while Assani not doing anything.>
- pair of butchers knives
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

Still sleeping

WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Kayla's words did not have the desired effect, for the moment she had finished, Gareth was straight in her face with an angry retort. Though he spoke casually, there was a hint of deadly intent in his tone. She was dismayed that her not-threat was taken as the threat it was not - she simply hoped that he would behave himself in her presence. Unperturbed, the warriors eyes never left Gareth's for an instant the whole time he was threatening her. Thankfully, he sat down once he had finished.

Males, they always underestimate me. Alone and together in this cage, your crew are irrelevant... Ah, but you are a feisty one, more fire than blood. Think I am going to enjoy this. A knowing smile appeared on her face as she looked at the captain sat on her bed. She relaxed a little and leant back, placing a foot on the door next to her knee.

"However unnecessary, a demonstration would be nice.
How many of your crew are you willing to sacrifice?

Perhaps it was unwise to attempt humour, almost all her other attempts had gone entirely unnoticed or completely misunderstood. Kayla quickly shook her head with a half-hearted smile as her eyes flickered to the floor. After returning her gaze to the captain, Kayla resumed in a more appropriate manner.

"I understand you well enough, Captain. It seems unlikely that you brought me here so we can have the pleasure of trying to kill each other. For which purpose did you bring me here? No one has explained your 'offer' to me, Khitai informed me of it but lacked the details. If I am to be in your service, then you will have to tell me what that service entails. So, I ask again: In what capacity do you wish to recruit me?"

Pleasant negotiations with Gareth.
Last edited by Minigrift on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Finding the way back to where the wounded had been dropped had been easy.
Once there, however, one had to be very motivated – or heavily crippled – to remain there.
All senses were urging to move away, as soon as one would enter the passageway.
The stinking smell of rotting flesh was diluted with diverse herbs and alcohols. A few incense sticks did not suffice to dispatch heavy clouds left after cauterizations. The lack of toilets on that deck, combined with the inability of the wounded to get out to vomit or ease themselves, melted into that awful atmosphere.
Not everyone was dead, drunk or sleeping, and missing limbs did not prevent groans, moans, grunts, grumbles, bawls, screams, hollers, roars and the like. But the most disturbing was the sound of a saw in action.
In the dark, one would bump on bunks filled with portions of corsairs, sometimes two heavily diminished bodies would barely fill out one single bunk. Shoes would stick on the floor covered with pools of dark, muddy liquids – of various body origins.

That was not the first battle aftermath Calis’Shad witnessed. Every time, he missed the way Shades were recovering, with fresh water from creeks, medicine herbs from the forests, and sleeping with a dog to remain warm. But that was a luxury that corsairs could not afford. Better avoid to be wounded in the first place.

Kithai had obviously received a VIP treatment, being allowed to rest in his own room.

Guided by the dim light and the screams, Calis’Shad found the cook.
At that moment, he was sewing a large gash in a corsairs arm. The poor guy was screaming all his lungs despite the pure rum ingested. However, he could not move the slightest, handcuffed on the table.
The surgeon’s face was best described by analogies with battle hounds.
His apron was dripping orange-brownish drops, his sweat melted with the patient’s blood.
He showed no interest in the arrival of a newcomer, he had a job to finish.

Calis’Shad waited for the operation to come to an end.
Once the stitches were done, he started to help the cook taking the patient back to the corridor.
The cook accepted the help. Once the corsair was thrown onto a partially empty bunk, he turned towards Calis’Shad and asked:
What are you looking for, exactly?
Calis’Shad replied:
I’m part of a group hired by Gareth. We have sneaked into the castle and opened its doors.
Many of the wounded were brought back by myself.
I’m here to see who it was worth taking back. I need you to teach me about your experience: which wounds are likely to recover or not? Is there any first aid which can be used to help recovery?
My name is Calis’Shad. I’m here to stay for a while.

The cook replied:
Call me Ghasto, like they all do. Three more to examine, the worst. You’ll see who should have been sacrificed on the battlefield. Take the legs.

As they attended the last wounded – in bad shape indeed –, Calis’Shad gave him the pair of butchers knives.
Any use for that? The Bretonnian cook won't anymore. It may not help much for the wounded, but it had been used for exotic Bretonnian dishes. Keep them if you wish.

Making friend with the cook/surgeon. Learning post-battle cure.

<OOC: Fluff & gloom, as req'ed.
No need to RP solo too long.>

- pair of butchers knives
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

Gareth relaxed slightly as Kayla assumed a more businesslike manner and his arrogant sneer became more friendly, if only a little, "the elves I trust or managed to pay enough to be reliable I can't afford to waste, and the ones I can't rely on I wouldn't trust to kill you properly anyway," Gareth waved his hand dismissively with a rueful smile.

"Now as for your questions, would you like them answered in the order you asked or apparent import? I doubt you really mind? Either way many of them run into one another, so I shan't worry about such things: I wish to recruit you as a retainer in the house Ironcliff, more specifically in my own employ, as a bodyguard, enforcer and tax-collector, among other more subtle and varied duties. In return you, if all goes to plan and this raid bears fruition, you will enjoy all the benefits and luxuries as a member of a noble house - if only a subordinate one - if not then my family may not last much longer and your services will be needed for an even shorter spate."

"As for the ... unscrupulous conditions under which your skills were acquired, while it is true that a noble - or a merchant, or a priest, or even a coven witch - could use thier resources and influence to procure almost any warrior they wished, my family are woefully short in both of those assets and generally speaking hired goons are much cheaper to pay and much less dangerous to cheat than military commanders."

"Now then, you have your questions answered and you understand more of the rhyme and reason behind my dealings than is sensible to leave wandering around without some guarantee of discretion, so, pray tell, what are your thoughts on my offer."

-----

Calis supported the top end of a corsair, who had an open-plan belly and a mangled thigh as he explained why he was amongst the wounded to 'Ghasto'. Once the patient was deposited on the operating table, which was little more than a bunk without a mattress and a few chocks under the legs so the surgeon did not have to lean down too much, Calis offered Ghasto the fine knives he had looted from the bretonnian chef. Ghasto took the knives and laid one aside, before testing the sharpness of the second against his thumb, then with a satisfied nod jabbed it into the wounded corsair's calf. The corsair continued moaning as though he hadn't noticed.

"And that is why he shouldn't have been brought back," Ghasto announced matter of factly. "He'll lose most the leg for sure, and if the wound gets infected it'll be kinder just to make it quick for him. And that's without looking at the belly wound," he sighed heavily, "but I guess you can lend a hand with what there is to do."

Calis spent at least the next hour passing various tools that wouldn't look out of place at a forge or a carpenters back and forth between Ghasto and a small table set aside for the equipment as the corsair's leg was slowly hacked and sawed away from his body, then Calis aided the surgeon as he reconnected what he could in the corsair's gaping abdomen, tied off what he wasn't sure about, and cut loose anything that was so damaged or removed as to be salvageable. In the end the latter was the most prevalent and an unhealthy amount of digestive system was heaped next to the disembodied leg before the corsair was cauterised and stitched shut. The corsair didn't appear to mind, however he had fallen unconscious after the first fifteen minutes

"Alright, we'll leave him there, no sense in irritating anything inside him after we just got it all to sit right." Ghasto bundled the corsair's spare parts into a length of rough cloth, then dumped the bindle into a sack and slung it over his shoulder, "you did well lad, I've seen druchii who'd gut a human as soon as see him on the battlefield that have lost thier lunch over little cuts getting stitched in the operating room. Now I best be getting this lot overboard before the rats start getting curious, perhaps you'd like to check in on that khainite fellow of yours?" With that set off with his sack slung over his shoulder like some macabre imperial fairytale.

Gareth continues to talk with Kayla, Calis has helped put a corsair back together (however you won't be getting the skill, as I'm making them harder to get, as the first round seemed too cheap. From now on skills will require extensive field use or a moderate length of time spent training with some expert or institution though no dice rolls will be require, so you will have to work harder but the randomness is gone basically), and Khitai is still in bed but I swear not for much longer :)
Opus vos liberaverit
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Kayla was content that the good captain had decided to be civil and adhere to her wishes. Despite the earliness of the hour and the good night's rest she had had, the stout warrior felt weary from the mornings deliberations - not to mention the over-excessive number of stomach crunches she had done - her mouth was dry and parched. She smiled wanly as Gareth dismissed her humour with a negligent wave of his hand. She had asked for an explanation and now she was getting one - a good one!

The warrior listened as intently as she could manage. Once Gareth had started, Kayla uncrossed her arms, placed her palms on the door and settled her bum onto them. "...Pray tell, what are your thoughts on my offer?"

"You see, Gareth, things between us need not be unpleasant. My words were not a threat because I had no intention of killing you. All I wanted was an explanation, which you have provided, and I understand now why you had to resort to the methods you employed to get me here. As to your offer..." Kayla closed her eyes and took a deep breath, her chest swelling proportionately to the amount of air she inhaled, she held it for a few seconds before exhaling slowly through her nostrils.

"I have tried dying, and found it does not agree with me. Thus, if I am to live then I need reason to do so. Give me a reason to live, Gareth, and I will follow you through all the Nine Hell's should you require it of me." Seduction was a skill almost alien to the demonic warrior, nevertheless, she flashed a seductive smile at the captain sat on her bed. "Being affiliated with a Noble House has... all sorts of interesting possibilities. You know my history and so you must know what I am capable of, I surmise that's why you sought me out and brought me here by your own behest."

She had to pause as she tried to work some sort of moisture into her mouth, Kayla often struggled to say what she meant, but Gareth seemed to understand her, not fully, of course, for nobody could fully understand Kayla Dis'Kanar, but well enough for her to accept his offer. "I did not think that you would need a personal bodyguard," her gaze drifted first to the chest of armour by her desk, then to the red dress hung from her wall. "But in me, you will have the best there is!"

Kayla's sapphire blue eyes settled on her new Commander once more. "My thoughts are often complicated, Commander, it is not always easy for me to speak my mind. Your offer is accepted, for it seems I have no other choice, but then, sometimes not having a choice is the best choice of all."

Accepting the offer and trying some new seduction techniques.

OOC: Was going to stretch this over two posts, but was scared that I might not get the chance (as I think we want to get everyone back on board ASAP and continue with the story) so squeezed it all into one - apologies for all the text :roll:

Hopefully I'll get an... 'interesting' response :lol:
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The attention paid to the wounded prevented Calis'Shad to think about the oppressing atmosphere.
But now, the surgery was completed. The cook gone, the gloomy reality struck Calis'Shad violently, the disturbing smell, the atrocious sight, the unbearable sound.

He rushed to the ship's deck.

Deep breath. Eyes lost on the horizon of the hill. Emptying brain. No thoughts. Quick breath.
Hands shaking. Repulsive command from stomach. Teeth sealed close. Must do something.

Plough!
Fresh water filling the clothes. Eyes closed. Relax in the deep.
Bottom of the river. Expel a few bubbles to decrease buoyancy. Rest the whole body on the mud. Stay there or go back? So nice here.
Lungs tell it's time to get upwards. With a few crawls, leaving the bottom of the river, cleaning the mud from the clothes.
Pierce the surface. Deep breath. Body cleaned by now.
Ready for anything again.

Calis'Shad swam to the ladder and soaked his clothes as dry as he could.
He ignored the mockeries of the sailors on watch.
Fortunately, the breeze was very warm compared to the chill of the home country.

By now, his memory started blending the crippled corsairs he just assisted with the face of his friend.
No way! I must make sure that Kithai will heal by himself.

Going to see Kithai and make sure he is recovering well.
Knocking Kithai's door.
Knock knock!

Equipment: Short Sword; Shade Cloak; Repeater Crossbow & 4x5 clip; precision crossbow & 12 bolts - 219 crowns - torch; lantern; tinderbox - dry rations & 2 bottles of 2465 vintage
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

Gareth once again eyed Kayla with an eyebrow raised before standing up again in the confined space, "indeed there are many possibilities that come with a noble station: bloodshed, intrigue, fine food and wine, whatever your vice happens to be. I, however, am not one of those possibilities. Now if we truly understand each other then I would be happy to welcome you to my staff and would ask that you accompany me in gathering my other new retainers." Gareth held Kayla's gaze as they stood chest to chest and waited her answer.
Opus vos liberaverit
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

After everything I have told you that is all you have to say? Wow, somebody has a big opinion of himself - does he actually believe that he was my reason to live? The male syndrome - they only hear what they wish to hear.

A soldiers life was one of routine and repetition, Kayla had had enough of both in her decades of service. She was trained to kill and to lead soldiers to the battle field, soldiers who were expected to die, just as she was expected to die. Over the years, thousand of souls were lost to oblivion, blessed relief from the burden of living, and in the end Kayla delivered them, she accepted their fates and their suffering, for no one else would. No one else could. Her soldiers, her comrades in misery had abandoned her; Kayla had been left behind.

Kayla's somewhat lopsided grin was one of bemusement and irritation. Her sapphire eyes, as they looked to Gareth's, were full of pain. "It seems that we do not understand each other. Doesn't change my mind about your offer, though. First and foremost I am a soldier of Naggaroth and, the way I see it, you are my Commander now." Her voice was dry and husky, her throat was parched and sore as if she had been choked with a barbed whip.

The warrior slowly stepped aside to let Gareth past and walked a few steps towards her bed. There was still a slight, numbing pain in her left shoulder - that wound would leave an impressive scar, yet another life lesson writ upon her flesh. "I had a few small boons to ask of you, just a few things to make my... servitude more comfortable. If you prefer I can bother your subordinates about them - Vorin has proved to be quite amicable so far."

She turned to Gareth with a one-armed gesture encompassing her barely dressed self - it was a very feminine gesture, almost a curtsy. "It would be my honour to accompany you, Captain, but as you can see, I am hardly dressed appropriately for such a venture. If you'll allow me a few minutes to don my armour, I'll be right with you. Maybe you would like to assist me?"

There is reason to live yet. Gods be damned, I need a drink!

Will gladly accompany Gareth if he will wait or help her get her armour on.

OOC: Smiler, feel free to mod Kayla so she accompanies Gareth... Think I've said everything that she wanted to say, not exactly the way I was planning but I can't always predict the actions/reactions of you guys - just one of the many things that make RP'ing so fun!
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

OOC: so the plan was to get everyone together to do something, but I was having trouble thinking of how to slip into the subject. Then while I was working out how to make it work I forgot what I planned to do. I am telling you all this as I will now be making this post up on the spot, so it may not flow together very well... or make any kind of sense at all.

IC: Gareth stepped past Kayla as she stood aside and listened to her last comments from the doorway, "if these 'boons' are immediately necessary then we can talk about them at the meeting, otherwise Vorith would be no doubt perfectly happy to oblige or we could speak once we reach Naggaroth. As to armour I believe pyou have our roles reversed, retainer.". Gareth exitted the room with a mischievous wink and left Kayla to buckle her armour plates and chainmail back on.

When Kayla stepped into the corridor Gareth greeted her with a nod, "ready?" Kayla signed her assent and they began walking acros the ship as Gareth began to talk, "two of our quarry should be among the infirm, one out of necessity the other through orders, so that would be a good place to start looking, wouldn't you think?" However he was already headed for the infirmary as he spoke and soon they were travelling down the corridor surrounded by the dieing and occasionally dead, with Vorith coming toward them in the opposite direction. "You asked me to meet you down here, sir? Seems an odd-" Gareth simply beckoned to the corsair and Vorith fell quiet and in step beside Kayla.

Gareth knocked on the door to Khitai's room and entered without waiting for a response, "ah excellent, the final number of our gathering is already here. As you all know you have each been extended an invitation to join my personal staff and each of you has accepted - the three of you as retainers, enforcers and so on and Vorith as my contact amongst the dockyards. I have gathered you here so that you may ask of me, or each other if you like, whatever you may before we reach our homeland and we are each forced into our own facades of civilization. So, any questions?

well that went passably. So everyone plus Gareth and Vorith are in Khitai's hospital room and may discuss anything they please. Carry on.
Opus vos liberaverit
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Knock knock!

No answer (<OOC: no answer RL>IC).
Calis'Shad entered, still shaken by his vision of doom of dying corsairs showing his friend's face.

Relief. Kithai was sleeping, breathing fine and regularly.

Calis'Shad sat on Kithai's bunk. His wet clothes poured water on the bed, but Cal did not pay attention.
You're really well off here, you know...

The starting conversation / monologue was interrupted by a knock on the door.
Gareth himself came in without waiting for the answer, followed by Vorith and Kayla.

Gareth made a speech:Ah excellent, ...
It seemed that a war room meeting was starting on the spot.
Surprisingly, Kayla had accepted to enlist among the corsairs.
Gareth turns out to be much more clever than he looked like. Kayla seemed so stubbornly eager to kill him just the day before...
Ah women, they change their mind faster than wind shifts direction. Only Anath Raema could understand her, and She is in no mood to talk much.

...So, any questions?

Sure, there was a question.
Homeland? Already? We haven't plundered any kingdom yet.
Was that castle the end of the expedition? I didn't realize that the booty was worth a trip back home.

Equipment: Short Sword; Shade Cloak; Repeater Crossbow & 4x5 clip; precision crossbow & 12 bolts - 219 crowns - torch; lantern; tinderbox - dry rations & 2 bottles of 2465 vintage
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

As Gareth turned to leave, Kayla shot him an almost pleasant smile. She pulled on her chain-mail garments and belted them in place, then she buckled on all her armour plating, finally she her gauntlets and greaves on. She was ready in just a few minutes. The opened her door and to her surprise Gareth was waiting for her. Raising her eyebrow at him, she nodded her consent when he asked if she was ready. Kayla spent the next short while following him around the ship as he collected his right-hand elf then headed for Khitai's room.

Gareth did not seem to understand her, after his initial angry outburst at her supposed threat, he had treated almost everything else she with a pleasant, yet negligent manner - everything she had told him seemed to pass through him like water down a sink. He offered her employment and, perhaps, a chance to do something meaningful with her life. She was tired of the killing, the brutality, the bloodshed, but it seemed that was all she was good for.

The blue-eyed warrior entered Khitai's room and after a nod to Calis, offered Khitai a slow wink. She took her place at the wall to the opposite side of the Khainites bed to which Calis sat. Gareth was already speaking to the assembled cast by the time she had found her place. The shade was first to speak up with his questions. You look pale, Calis, didn't think you'd be one to get seasick. Perhaps the guts and entrails got too much for you?

Kayla was far more interested in the tasks that Gareth had for them back in Naggaroth. At the very least it would give her something to do while she tried to figure her life out.

Listening to the conversation.

OOC: Where has Assani gone? Haven't seen him around for nearly two weeks now...

Assani, where have you gone? :cry:
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

Khitai woke up with Cali sitting on the bed beside him. He was wet, and a smell of death over him. He has probably digged in some corpses or halv dead grey elfs.

He had only time to greet him with an hello, before the door opened again. It was Gareth who entered with Kayla following behind. Khitai smiled to her, cause he knew she had accepted Gareths offer.

Khitai raised to he feet:
"Greetings all, any news since my long overdue sleep? Or are you all just worried about me?
Khitai smiled and laughed at his own comment, not knowing if they thought it was funny or not, neither did he care.

"So, tell me news, some good news"

Chatting, feeling a lot better

OOC: sorry for my absence, been bissy. And Mini, I have missed you to darling ;)

WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Kayla settled herself comfortably, (well, as comfortable as she could be standing around fully armoured) as she listened in to the conversation. Her favourite Khainite was awake and smiled at her as she flashed her wink at him. Khitai got out of bed and conversed in his usual egotistical manner. Nice pyjamas, they don't hide much.

"Each of us has accepted Gareth's offer, which means we'll be having more adventures together, I suppose that is good news." She chuckled a little and offered him a coy smile."We are also returning to Naggaroth, where, I'm sure, Gareth will have something worthwhile for each of us to do." The warrior looked the captain once more.

"What are your plans, sir?"

Joining the conversation. Wants to know what the good captian has in store for the group.

OOC: Great! The four of us chums are back together again - looking forward to some adventures in Naggaroth!

Umm, 'darling'? :oops: Be great to get the RP rolling again, huh? 8)
Assani
Highborn

Post by Assani »

OOC:
Hey. I am on vacation, so I won't be able to post for two weeks. The network here is terrible, and I only have my IPhone with me.

If smiler wants to mod post me, that's fine. That way I don't hold the group back.

Cya in two weeks time:)

WS5 - S3 - T2 - D5 - I3
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

Gareth listened for a while as the group greeted each other a then began asking questions of him, with only Vorith remaining quiet, then he smiled and replied, "I applaud your bravado master shade, but I currently lead perhaps three score troops at least a quarter of which are required to man the - woefully under-equipped and, to be frank, barely seaworthy - ship, close on half of the men left over are various short distances from death a few doors down. Even if I didn't already have the prize I came looking for, there aren't enough troops left to mount a successful attack on a herd of cattle, let alone a bretonnian kingdom.

And to answer you, Kayla, my plans are to head back to Naggaroth, or the city of Vikarh to be more precise, where my family home is and begin greasing some palms on my way to putting House Ironcliff back on top. But that will take a while and in the mean time there is the entire Great Ocean to cross plus the seas of Chill and Malice, so if noone has anything left to ask you are dismissed to do as you will for the two or three weeks the journey will take, should the weather be kind."

yay the RP is back in business, one last chance to ask Gareth, then about a week in game time will be covered in one modpost. Just a heads up for you there. Carry on.
Opus vos liberaverit