Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Smiler666
Highborn

Group 34 > never gone, just AFK

Post by Smiler666 »

OOC:
Gear Prices
These prices are the average for a decent quality item, in areas of high supply/demand prices may change and well-crafted or (less likely) magic items will cost much more:

Daggers and smaller weapons can be anything from 50-100 Druchast
Swords and similar weapons can be anything from 100-400 Druchast
Larger weapons will cost 500-1000 Druchast
Staffs can cost anything from 50-1000+ Druchast depending on craftwork and magical qualities
Bows cost 100-300 Druchast (longbows slightly more)
Crossbows cost 200-500 Druchast (repeater hand/crossbows slightly more)
Leather armour will cost between 100-200 Druchast
Light armour will cost around 200-300 Druchast
Medium armour will cost around 300-400 Druchast
Heavy armour can cost from 400 Druchast onwards.
Helmets cost about 10% of the armour cost
Sea Dragon Cloaks will be around 200 Druchast, light cloaks around 50-100 Druchast
Shields of all varieties range from 50-250 Druchast

Currencies/exchange rates
Some of the loot you find will be in the form of foreign currencies, either because your opponents will be of that race or because they have scavenging tendencies themselves.

1 Bretonnian Crown = 1/3 - 3/4 of a Druchast
1 Empire Franzmark = 1/4 - 1/2 Druchast
1 High Elven Aurum ~ 1 Druchast
1 Wood Elven Lady = 20+ Druchast (wood elf currency is rare)
1 Dwarven Ingot = a bit less than 1 Druchast
1 orc Toof/fang/funny-lookin rok = a tiny fraction of a Druchast

IC: On the deck of a sleek raider it's captain fought at the wheel, trying to keep her straight and steady as she plowed upriver, barely avoiding grounding the ship depite it's shallow hull. At his side stood an arrogant young noble gazing out over the sea as if he owned it all, on the contrary this was Gareth Ironcliff's hakseer cruise and his father had barely scraped together enough money and influence to charter him the ship they were on. Still, he was proud of the corners he had cut in order to get the voyage under way: the captain and crew had had to be scraped off the floors of taverns all over Kar Karond; thier stocks and armoury had almost universally been bought on the cheap or pilfered from guard houses and other ships across the city, even the sails were made of a patchwork of skin and cloth; and his solution to the problem of hiring mercenaries was simply ingenious, he chuckled to hisself just thinking about it.

Down below you are living the cutbacks. You come to, locked in individual cells on the slave deck, there are several cells just like yours, but most are empty. As you stir a grubby corsair with an eye-patch shifts in the dark corner, "good morning my idle little boys and girls," he chuckled, "it's about time you woke up, we're getting close to your little corner of fun." With that he climbed through a trapdoor to the next deck up and had a short conversation with someone above, then the trapdoor slammed shut and you are plunged into near-darkness.

OOC: and there you go, comparatively short first scene, but introduce yourselves, give a bit of description and please don't break anything, it's probably borrowed. Deadline is Monday evening, in ~ 48 hours time
Last edited by Smiler666 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Opus vos liberaverit
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Calis’Shad had bleak thoughts.

Trapped like an animal. Jailed like a criminal. Days with only rotten water to drink and - gulp! - well, he had eaten many disgusting food in the past but that was worse than anything he could recall.

With his experience as a corsair, he was able to interpret some of the ship's moves. The lack of waves showed that the ship was in a river, the irregular pitch and roll indicated that the river was not an idle stream but rather narrow, probably between stiff hills. Could have been worse. The poor state of the equipment he had been able to evaluate was indicating that the ship would better avoid the Ocean with its storms, big waves and monsters.
They could be anywhere, by now, but certainly at swimming distance from shore. Good to know.

Today the jailer – he couldn’t consider him a corsair – provided some information, contrary to what had been the case so far. Calis’Shad knew already that he wasn’t alone in the dark, and now there was an indication that his comrades were another man and two women, possibly more. More important, the destination was said to be imminent. And it was a common destination, boys and girls alike, so probably not just the crew's enjoyment. Better be prepared.

Calis’Shad searched, another time, his clothes and his cell's floor, walls and ceiling.
Anything could be a help. Any piece of metal, wood, clothe, rope, bone, recipient, leftover food. Anything.

<OOC: what inventory & equipment are we supposed to have?>

ICThe other prisoners had been idle so far. Had them been intoxicated asleep too?
Well, all of them were soon to be outside. No information about what to expect. At least, knowing a little bit about each other could provide possibly some critical information. Better to prepare while you can, and not much time seemed to be left. Why were the other ones so idle? Seasick perhaps?

" Hey, you’all! I don’t like anything about this ship, but what we’re going to face when we leave it might be worse.
And that seems to be soon. However, we’ll probably be together when that will happen.
Couldn’t we learn a little bit about each other in order to get a better control on our fates?
Myself, I am from the countryside, I was born in a Shade clan, I became a corsair scout.
I know how to use a crossbow and a boat and how to hunt some food in the wild. So if we escape, crossing a forest or stealing a boat, you’re safer with me.
The trouble is that I have no means of convincing these "gentlemen" to let us go. What about you? "

Waiting for any answer. Trying to gain some knowledge about the other prisoners, with a friendly dialogue.
If they don't state it spontaneously, Calis’Shad will ask specifically what the other prisoners can do in the wilderness, and how they can fight their way into freedom.
If asked his name, Calis’Shad will provide it. In that case, he'll require it from everyone.

Calis’Shad (Group 34)
Shade WS2 S2 T4 D5 I5
Skills: Awareness
Equipment: Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Repeater Crossbow
(tbc)
Last edited by Calisson on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

OOC: damn, knew there was something I'd forgot, thanks for pointing that out Cal. You all have no gear other than the clothes you stand in, but you'll get it all back before you have to do anything of importance. Oh and I also forgot to say, thoughts should be in italics, speech in bold, and each post should have a short, underlined summary, to help me with modpost writing. Continue.
Opus vos liberaverit
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Athyias' dreams were filled with darkness and despair. She was running through a graveyard, passing row after row of crumbling old stone memorials, cold power seeping up from the ground under her feet. In the darkness ahead was a purple light, a pulsing power that she knew she must reach. Behind her were the sounds of monsters. If she threw a glance back over her shoulder, all she could see were twisting shadows and a great looming darkness as it descended on her. So on she ran, her pale white hand reaching out for the power of the amethyst stone as she drew closer and closer to it. Her fingers could almost touch it now, she could feel the warmth of its dark power tingling the tips of her outstretched fingers. And then the darkness came crashing down on her from behind, swallowing her whole and tearing her apart from the inside out. The power fell away, slipping from her grasp just as she reached it, and she began to fall. She fell for what seemed like forever, through darkness and misery, through the cold foreboding sorrow of the place beyond the grave. She fell until she could fall no more, and her feet touched the damp graveyard earth once more. There in front of her was the power she craved, and behind her the darkness began to descend once more. On she ran, always close to reaching the burning stone, but never able to touch it.

The Mage awoke with a start, suddenly sitting bolt upright and reaching for her weapons. My staff... where is my staff... she frisked the sides of her robes in search for her scabbard, where is my sword... Realisation slowly sunk in, she didn't have her weapons any more, her staff had been taken. She cast her mind back. The last thing she could remember was crouching in a graveyard somewhere in Kar Karond, letting the power of death seep into her veins. It was a slow and painstaking way of gaining power, to suckle it from the bones of the long since deceased. She could strip the death energies from a man as he died in an instant, but the longer he had remained that way the less power there was to be had, and the harder it was to obtain. Something had disturbed her, back in the graveyard. But what? Had she been hit over the head from behind? No, she had sensed it coming. She had run... She had been running through the graveyard, but it had caught her. What was it? Whatever it was, it had taken her weapons. And she would have her revenge.

The Mage glanced about, taking in her surroundings for the first time. She was in a cell, formed of rusted iron bars and decorated only with the small wooden bench on which she sat. The room was swaying, slowly and repetitively, making her stomach churn. Was she on a ship? She looked up and down the dark hall, her keen eyes piercing the darkness with an ease that even most other elves did not perceive. There were other cells the same as her own all the way around the perimeter of the room, and a hatch leading out on the ceiling above. Some of the cells were occupied, some of them were empty. She spotted another female Druchii laying sleeping in her cell, and a dark hooded figure in one of the cells opposite. There was someone else too, but their cell was almost out of sight and they had their back to her, curled up asleep on the bench. Others might have looked at them and thought they were dead, but Athyia could feel the slow pulse of life still working its way along their veins. Nobody down here was dead. At least not yet.

The Druchii in the cell opposite said something as the others stirred, talking about boats and survival. Athyia didn't pay his words much attention, simply transfixing him with a stare that was as cold as the grave. Her violet eyes glittered with dark power even in the darkness, and she knew from experience that her look was enough to make even the sternest and most strong willed of men shudder when she wanted them to. At other times, she could be beautiful. Her gaze could seduce even the most loyal of lovers into doing her bidding for her, and it was a dark gift she had used to her advantage for the last one and a half centuries of her life. She let a cruel smile break the corners of her lips. If only they knew, she thought, that that is the least of my talents. She promised herself that whoever had taken her captive was about to regret it. If she had to kill the other prisoners that joined her down here to summon up the energies to do it, then so be it.

The room turned icy cold as Athyia brooded over her dark thoughts, remaining silent and ensuring she sat in the deeper shadows of her cell, almost out of sight, biding her time...
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Consciousness slowly crept upon Kayla. Silence... And darkness. She felt no alarm immediately, so instead struggled to form her disparaging thoughts into some meaningful cohesion. Her last memory was difficult to recollect. In battle she had slain many chaos marauders, yet another random skirmish along the Watchtower borders. The resolute warrior had returned drenched in blood - the blood of chaos. She hazily remembered being summoned upon her return. "I am to remain. To meet my end here." She remembered voicing her objections, all of which were overruled. Someone had summoned her for a purpose, but that proclamation evaded her foggy mind.

Kayla had not been awake for long when someone broke the forgiving silence. The speaker sounded shy, and seemed to talk out of a feeling of nervousness, simply to make himself feel at ease. He ended in a question, one which Kayla felt no compulsion to answer. It was at this point she realised her armour was missing, her sword and shield gone. Without her armour she felt naked, violated, the only times she recalled not wearing her armour in the last century of life was when sleeping or having sex...Even Khaine knows I don't get enough of the latter.

Eyes of midnight fluttered open and scanned the room briefly. Two other occupants immediately became visible. The hooded speaker was male, that much was obvious from his voice. A slender female sat on a bench in the cell next to hers, Kayla studied her for only a moment. That one has an aura about her... And you - Kayla settled her piercing eyes on the male in the opposite cell - Shall I answer your question?

Kayla will answer the shade if he speaks again, or speak the mage if she chose to speak, but will otherwise remain silent.
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Darkdoom
Executioner

Post by Darkdoom »

Sangui awoke with the confortable rocking of the sea. Home, he was at home once again. The he got the smell of the surrounding into his nose and woke up out of his dreams this was no way his home. Not if they hadn't been strandeed and the dieng corpser were still lying around rotting. But he was at see again, somthin good anyways, here he was in his element. He began to almost feel confortable again after his first little shock when he realised his whole weaponery was gone. With out his weapons a darkelf was worth little more then a slave. In a world where the strong ruled the weak and weapon less became abused. Not good. Opening his eyes he saw that he was sorrunded by 3 other weapon less, creepy and smelly darkelfs. No of them had the familiar look of a Corsair , though he would even be glad to see witch elf like his "mother", that is the prson who raised him.
The rocking of the boat lulled himk in again and he didn't catch anything else of the things happening around him.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Victims, they're just passive victims - thought Calis’Shad. When they'll see a knife coming at their throats, they'll just stare at it. That's always the problem with those people from cities; they have lost the slightest survival instinct, let alone the capability.

The good point was that there were two girls. The crew will have their attention caught more by them than by an insignificant scout.

Calis’Shad knew well about sailors’ phantasms.
First day at sea, they brag about superb lavish girls - like the ones they pretend to have left home.
A week at sea, they dream of a cute High Elve slave in a friendly port-of-call brothel.
After two weeks, they’d love to grab a helpless Bretonnian young lady in a raided village.
When a month has elapsed, they would pursue any Elf or Human female, provided she’s not too ugly.
After one month and half, the Halfling cook better beware.
After two months, they would body search Dwarf prisoners in case one of the beards belonged to a female.
After three months, even a goblin nest would raise some interest.
They had made a scale to describe female attractiveness, according to how long it would take to be considered. D1 being the loveliest top model, D30 describing what would suffice after a month and so on. Don’t even ask what a D100 girl looks like.
So, how long had the ship been at sea? And were the two jailed elves next cell anything like a D2 or D3 :P ? Or D15 :) ? Or D50 or worse :x ?
Last edited by Calisson on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

OOC: are we all done? It seems so, so I will continue

IC: The group sat in silence in thier cages, Calis'Shad the hooded shade ventured a few words but soon clammed up again disappointed with the other's apparent quiet acceptance of the situation. Before long the hatch above-decks opened up again, dazzling them for a moment before the light was blocked by a column of corsairs clunking down into the gloom led by the one-eyed jailer, "well aren't you all lucky little bunnies," the elf exclaimed in mock glee, "it appears the captain is ready for you now." He chuckled darkly and the corsairs moved forward and opened up the cells each of the group were in and dragged them out and up into the sunlight, the ones frog-marching Athyia glancing nervously at the little girl surrounded by an unnatural aura of the grave. From the command deck above them a young noble smiled kindly down at them, he had a downtrodden scoundrel's charm about him and a hansom face. "I'm sorry you had to be brought here like this friends, but I wasn't sure if you would agree to my conditions under more civil circumstances. My name is Gareth Ironcliff and I ask you as fellow druchii to offer me your aid: there is a beacon tower ahead manned by the peasant-humans of Bretonnia and it would be of great use to me if it were to become... disabled, do this and I will reward you as best I can in these meagre conditions, with more opportunities to earn in the near future." And with that the noble turned his back on them and gazed out over the lands laid out before him, while the group was hustled toward the edge of the still moving ship and shoved unceremoniously overboard, followed a few moments later by a large and clanky sack. Fortunately the jagged rocks broke thier fall and none of the group were injured more than a few bruises, they clambered onto the rivers edge Kayla dragging the sack behind her. Ahead the ship pulled into a small hidden cove to wait for some sign of the group's success

aaand you have your gear, very sorry for referring to you all as 'the group', but everything will become more personal from now on. As I said, this will be a free-form RP, which means you can do as you like from here on in (I hope that answers your question Mini), be it helping the poor young noble or taking offence and settling out to kill him or a bit of both or something altogether different, it is for you to decide. Carry on.

next deadline is wednesday afternoon (~45 hours), and hows about some dialogue this time eh?
Opus vos liberaverit
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Athyia winced as the hatch above was opened and sunlight poured in. Not the faint, distant warmth of a Naggarothi sky either. She was somewhere else now, somewhere warmer. How long had she been down here, under decks on this ship? Weeks? Maybe even... months? The sunlight was immediately blocked out again as a parade of corsairs marched down the wooden stairs into their cellar, eyeing up Athyia and the others with obvious disdain. The Mage shot the closest corsair an equally unsavory glare, and let another sly smile part her lips as he looked away at one of the others. As expected, a few moments later her cell door was opened, and in came two of the meaner looking corsairs. Athyia had already decided there was no point trying to fight them. This was their ship, and there were more than just a couple of them. Without her staff and substantial reserves of power, the Mage knew she could do little to fight them off. She decided to keep what power she did have under wraps for the meantime, to let herself seem more fragile and powerless than she ever truly was. The element of suprise would remain hers, and someday soon she would avenge these misdeeds.

The corsairs hauled her up and out of her cell, and then led her up the wooden staircase into the bright and unusually warm daylight. The others were there too, the male Shade who had been talking to them down below, as well as a female warrior and another male Druchii. A corsair captain was walking over to them, and Athyia fixed him with another icy stare. So you are the one behind all this, and you're even so stupid as to tell me your name. Well, Gareth Ironcliff, your days are now numbered. She made a point to drive a little power into the last part, ensuring the one eyed corsair captain probably heard her despite the fact she did not speak. She had already carved his face upon her memory, a face she would not forget until she saw it cold and lifeless between her hands. She would watch as the life left his eyes, and would drink deeply upon his soul. One day soon, I am going to devour you.

The one eyed corsair captain rounded up his speech, and a moment later Athyia felt a hard blow from behind as she was shoved over the side of the boat. She tumbled end over end until she splashed into the freezing cold waters, hearing the telltale splashes of the other three joining her as well. Curse you again, you rotten toothed dog! she half spluttered aloud as she fought her way back to the surface, her feet skidding over the slippery rocks of the shallows. The corsair ship was already slinking back the way it had come, out into the deeper waters and heading towards a shadowy alcove not too far distant. Athyia pulled herself out of the water and onto the jagged rocks, her robes now heavy and sodden. She spied the other girl out in the water, hanging on to a large brown sack that had been thrown overboard after them. She could already feel the power of her staff within. By Khaine! This corsair rat is even more stupid than I first assumed. As soon as I'm back on that boat there'll be hell to pay.

It was then that the enraged Mage remembered her location, and she cast a wary glance up at the nearby shoreline, and then the sky above. They were far from Naggaroth here, that much was for sure. What ill-fated distant shore have we settled on here? Is this Ulthuan? No, we'd have been dead thirty leagues before the shore. The realm of men, perhaps? The Mage continued to wonder as to her location as she clambered across the rocks to where Kayla was coming to shore, lugging the sack behind her. The Mage offered her hand to the warrior as she neared her, ready and willing to pull her from the water, though only because she wanted the bag, and with it her staff and sword. The other prisoners, the two male Druchii, were clambering out of the water as well, but Athyia continued to pay them no notice for the time being. Her mind was entirely focused on one thing, getting her belongings back and then finding the quickest route back to the ship so she could wreak havoc amongst the crew.

Will offer Kayla her hand, and retrieve her sword and staff once the bag is out of the water. If she is spoken to again she might respond, but as yet she is not starting any conversations. Her current mindset is simply to get her revenge, but if she has a few moments to calm down or is offered a few choice words she might reconsider, afterall she is more likely to succeed if she goes to the tower and kills a few enemies first, saving up their death energies for use on the corsairs.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Free! No need to escape, they did let me free!

In the water, Calis’Shad wrapped his cloak around his chest, as he had done hundreds of times, and swam swiftly to the shore. The place was well chosen: an abrupt shoreline presented some scattered bushes, easy to grab.
Once ashore, Calis’Shad climbed to the top of the slope. He did not recognize the vegetation from his home country. The bushes and the oaks above looked robust and healthy: rain and sunshine were abundant here, the wind was reasonable and the winter wasn’t too harsh.
He escalated an isolated tree and looked around. There was no sign of intelligent life. This part of the river was truly uninhabited. Beyond the horizon, a distant mast was showing some kind of pennant. That might be the beacon tower, at least it was in the direction shown.
Relieved not to see any sign of life nearby, Calis’Shad went back downslope, closer to his companions of fate. He put off nearly all his clothes and soaked them. The sun would quickly dry them, ready to be worn again. Fortunately, they were not damaged by the rocks in the river.

He looked carefully at the ship while she was sailing away. Two masts. Felucca rigged, with high forecastle and quarterdeck. Rather old fashioned but a few of them are still in use. Not bad for raiding, especially to come up onto the wind, but the small hold does not allow much bounty. These ships are better used for liaison or reconnaissance than for real raids. This one shows a rather neglected state. How did they dare to cross the Ocean on such a nut’s shell?

Calis'Shad examined the group's situation.
So they were in Bretonnia. In such a distant foreign country, the small group was dependant on a ship to come back home or just to rest safely away from foes. Their self-claimed boss offered them hardly any choice.

By the tits of Anath Raema! Ironcliff (or whoever wanted us to know him by that name) possessed us… for the moment.

But was it true? Calis’Shad realized that he had been asleep much longer than what he thought. What did Gareth Ironcliff have to hide from them, which justified to drug them for so long?
Not the destination, he just told them where they were.
But during the journey, the passengers could have been aware of the presence of a larger raiding fleet, of which the felucca was probably a vanguard.
Of course! Knowing that other friendly ships were around would offer an alternative to the group.

The young noble’s motivations were becoming more apparent to Calis’Shad. He could not afford a true raiding party, but his reputation required that he became a driving factor for the issue of the expedition. The cheap, but highly risky solution, was to use the group to open a breach in the Bretonnian defenses. A success would bring him some glory. In case of a failure, he would not have lost much at all.
Sure, he could have taken advantage of the quicker speed of his ship to be the first to attack a big farm, and get some easy booty notwithstanding that the rest of the country would be alarmed and would better be prepared to receive the rest of the expedition. But that would be a sign of an immoderate drive for immediate rewards overcoming the patience for greater rewards later. Not an enviable reputation to make when you're supposed to be a responsible noble.

This is based on speculation. But that opens the alternatives:
- To play Ironcliff’s game (at least initially), having this beacon put out of order, come back and wait for the next mission – after a couple of such missions, the group could expect to be better integrated in Ironcliff’s crew, so long as he would find an interest in it.
- To bet that the felucca was part of a larger expedition – but finding it across a ravaged enemy country could be a gamble.
- To settle here for a couple of years until some way to go back to home country is found.

Unsure of which option to take, Calis’Shad reasoned that the opinions of the rest of the group mattered predominantly.

While his clothes were getting dryer, Calis’Shad turned next his attention to the bag brought ashore by Kayla.
Hey, what's in there? Any weapon? Any food?
If there is a reasonably friendly attitude shown by the others, Calis'Shad will tell about his findings.

Calis’Shad (Group 34)
Shade WS2 S2 T4 D5 I5
Last edited by Calisson on Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Kayla regarded the shade for a few brief moments. Suitably culled by the silence, he ventured not another word. The stout warrior clambered slowly to her feet, since she appeared to be locked in a cell, she felt no hurry to move at all. When she had stood she looked down to study herself. The clothing she wore was sparse and tight - revealing far too much flesh for her liking. Rigid muscles from a century of wearing heavy armour, fighting, drilling and discipline, were clearly defined both within and without the rags she wore.

Suddenly a hatch at the end of the chamber opened, flooding the cells with sunlight. Her midnight eyes dilated instantly, but Kayla did not look away. She watched as a progression of salty corsairs climbed down, one of their number talking to them as if they were pets of some kind, and set about freeing each member of a cell. The one who had come to hers opened the door gingerly, and looking Kayla up and down, was most evidently pleased with the sight that stood before him. "Touch me, citizen, and it will be your last pleasure. I will come amicably, for now." Kayla locked eyes with the elf, whose face, after just a moment, began to pale.

The corsair flinched back to let Kayla out of her cell. She stepped out and glared at the one-eyed jailer. Remind me to take that other eye of yours, scum. The warrior walked ahead of the one who had released her, and with a shudder at the thought of climbing up the ladder with him leering up between her legs, ascended it as fast as she was able. Pervert, you shall also be dealt with. Up on the deck the air was cool and crisp, nothing at all like the harsh winter winds at the borders of the chaos wastes. Warm here, but where might here be precisely?

She soon got an answer to her question. A noble, handsome if you liked 'em like that, introduced himself as Gareth Ironcliff and revealed to the 'prisoners' that they were in Brettonian lands. This... fop is the reason I'm here, in Bretonnia? Better be a damned good one or he has just signed his death warrant. At this point two other corsairs grabbed one of her arms each and pulled her towards the side of the ship. She struggled as much as she could, but the corsairs had her arms secured. They launched her off the side of the ship.

Swiftly followed by a large heavy sack, which made a heavy splash right beside her head. Though she was furious at the outrages conducted by the crew, she realised that there was nothing she could do about it at the moment. Was that my, our, equipment? That sack looked strangely familiar. The mighty warrior stepped into the shallow river and dragged the sack onto dryer ground, she didn't notice the other female offer her hand to help. Kayla set the sack on the ground and set about opening it. She didn't bother untying the bindings, but simply ripped the sack open with her bare hands. "Seems to be our equipment," she said, in answer to Calis'Shad's question.

The first item that tumbled out was a long staff, which Kayla picked up. "This is yours, I believe." She said as she passed the staff to the mage. Knew you were a damned mage when I first saw you. After that she quickly pulled her own equipment from the sack. An ornate longsword, a suit of tight-fitting armour, and a battle scarred shield. She stepped back from the sack to put her armour on, not unaware that her now wet clothes had rendered her practically naked. If my armour rusts because of this, that Noble will pay twice over.

Kayla has stepped back to let the others get their equipment, will take her some few minutes to get all her armour strapped on. She will speak if spoken to, but wants to get her armour on as soon as possible.

OOC: Dammit Calisson, you beat me to it, lol. Only had to put in a wee bit of dialogue to answer your dudes question, so not too annoying ;)
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Calis’Shad sighted in relief when he saw his trusted “6 shooter”. The quiver was full of ammo.
Apparently the sack holding the equipment did not let much water in, and neither the crossbow nor the short sword in its sheath were significantly damaged when it was launched overboard.
He inspected the two weapons, adjusted the mechanism of the crossbow and made sure that some grease was still protecting the most delicate parts.

Next, he started to recover the rope from the sack. The four of them were forming a small, cohesion-less group in an hostile land, and the most humble piece of equipment could make a difference. The journey was bound to be long and difficult. The sack itself, although partially jagged and henceforth unusable as a sack, had proven to be reasonably watertight and could be of use, at least to make some gourds.

Calis’Shad looked towards the other three adventurers.

One was obviously a corsair, with the familiar, standard equipment, just like Calis’Shad equipment was the most standard for a Shade.
But was him part of the felucca’s crew? There was a doubt which had to be solved.

The two girls were more difficult to classify.

There was one warrior. Calis’Shad evaluated her in the range D15-D20: probably mix-blooded, a strange bluish hair – Is she a true bluish or is she tainted?
He noticed several scars before she finished to don her bizarre armor. At least, she covers her ugliness.
The most striking was that she had been able to rip the bag open, a bag solid enough not to break with its heavy load when it was launched overboard. That strength seemed unnatural, especially for a girl. Well, she seemed more credible as a warrior than as a concubine, and in the present situation, that was the most adequate.

The other female was spreading an aura of hatred and murder. The scars on her body were all self inflicted, revealing an insane sense of body art. She was devoting all her attention to a dark, fancy staff.
Oh no, an arcane wind inflator. Useless in travel, disastrous in combat. Why can’t they remain inside remote towers?
Admittedly, she might not be the quack doctor she looked like: if she had been selected, that was probably for a reason.
Calis’Shad had seen in the past that some magic users could be, sometimes, surprisingly effective at what they tried, and that luck was insufficient to explain the results. If only that could be less random, it could have been of practical use.
So what was this gypsy’s specialty? Probably not to read love stories in the palm.
Well, if she wanted to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem, she had better to explain what she was able to do.

Calis’Shad started to explain the perceived situation to the other three.
The area around seems totally uninhabited. The beacon tower is distantly visible upstream, one or two days’ travel or more, depending on the terrain found. I don’t know that region nor which dangerous beasts are to be found in the woods.

These Humans know how to use bows, but their night vision is poor. The usually like better to patrol during the day, and they are rather easy to spot at great distance when they do. It should be quite safe to travel by day and to investigate the tower at night. How to “disable” it depends on the garrison and the defences.

If you don’t want to go for that tower, we have to find another ship than this one to get back to homeland. There might be some, or not.
The countryside seems rich enough to allow us to trap, fish and hunt. But we might have to survive on our own for a very long time.

What is your feeling?

Calis’Shad (Group 34) - Shade - WS2 S2 T4 D5 I5
(Good to have it back!) :D
Last edited by Calisson on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Darkdoom
Executioner

Post by Darkdoom »

Sangui wasn't much interested in his companions, though he listened carefully to what they said, just to be on the safe side. He was still hung over, though the sleep had helped. He was irritated by his surrounding and his mind had a hard time trying to put together the bits and pieces of information he remembered. Until he had done that he decided to stay passive and in the background, as not to attract the wrong kind of attention.
He did feel quite a bit more comfortable with them, if only there wasn't this Khain damned headache...
Sangui Sangetsu Group 34

WS:5
S :4
T :2
D :3
I :4

Equipment: Longsword, Dagger, Leather amour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Handbow - 2 x 4 and 1 x 3bolts, pocket sundial, dry rations, 125 Crowns
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Athyia withdrew her extended hand as the warrior ignored it, dragging herself out of the water independently and then tearing open the sack to get to retrieve her own belongings. She couldn't say she was insulted by the gesture, for the warrior tossed her staff over a moment later, and Athyia felt complete once again. She ran her fingers along the smooth obsidian coloured staff, her fingertips tingling with the power within. She ran her thumb across the amethyst crystal at the top of the staff, and it shimmered a brilliant purple for a moment as it reaquainted itself with its master. The midnight black wood of the staffs haft wove itself aound the stone and ended in a needle sharp tip, just as deadly as the Mages' short sword when used in combat.

The Mage was less concerned about her mundane weapon, and retrieved it after the others were done rummaging through the bag. Now for the first time she got a good look at all three of the others, silently sizing them up in her mind as she contemplated her next move. The other woman was a blue haired warrior, clearly from northern Naggaroth by her accent, marked by many battle scars and clearly a bit of a brute. The Shade who had been speaking on the ship wore his brown hair in a topknot, and retrieved a crossbow and cloak from the bag, already speaking again about the best way to survive the wilderness. The third she could now see was a male warrior, with long dark hair and the look of a corsair about him. Perhaps he was originally one of the ships crew, or perhaps not. In time, Athyia reasoned she would find out. She hoped for his sake he had nothing to do with them.

The Mage had yet to find out any of the others names, but she could tell a lot about them already. The male warrior seemed quiet, distancing himself from the group, perhaps a little like herself in that manner. She was still trying to decide if he was a friend or a foe. The female warrior seemed unnaturally strong, and coupled with her northern accent Athyia put two and two together and came up with a strong possibility. Chaos. Finally, the Shade seemed to be headstrong and confident, willing to divulge information with those he had only just met, yet also wary, as he too had not given his name. The fool on the ship had told them to enter the nearby tower and this Shade was already suggesting they oblige. Athyia had no such intention, but so too did she realise at once that this was foreign land, and she did not want to be left alone out here.

The Mage had never heard of Bretonnia, indeed her geographic knowledge stemmed little further than the coasts of Naggaroth itself. Apparently it was a human country, and to that Athyia had to slip another vicious smile. Where there were humans, there were graves. If the Shade wanted to go to the human watchtower, she would let him. She could see no easy way of reaching the ship from their current position, and that fool Ironclaw had already told them he would return if they disabled the beacon. By staying with the others she was protected, and she knew that if there was a human tower, there would be a nearby human village, and outside that a human graveyard. The power of Shyish would be strong there, and Athyia would channel it into her staff and take it back onboard the ship. If these three mercenaries tried to get in her way, their deaths could simply provide more power. Oh yes, there will soon be a reckoning, Gareth Ironclaw. I will do as you ask, but only to lure you back into my web.

A cruel smile still stretched across her expression, Athyia turned to the Shade and replied to him,

"Why go looking for another ship when Ironclaw already promised to bring his own right back into our hands, and it has already proven itself a worthy vessel for travelling overseas back to Naggaroth. I'm no corsair, but I doubt any ship these humans have at anchor could survive such a trip, let alone get into Karond Kars' harbour without being blown out of the water. I will not lie to you, I despise being thrown into this mix of lost souls, but we must make do with what Khaine has provided for us. I will join you if you quest for the tower, and lend my strengths where necessary, but know this, I will have no hesitation in ripping your soul from your body if you try to slip a knife in my back in the dark."

Her thoughts spoken, Athyia will await the views of the others (and hopefully their names). Only then will she give her own name.
Darkdoom
Executioner

Post by Darkdoom »

Though he still felt awefull, it seemed he'd have to make his stand here.

There is no way to come back but on the ship of that Khaine damned bastard. So we have to lure him here by getting that tower. I trust our shade here will know best how. Always loved to have those guy's around.
If your with me I'm strongly for kicking some as when our new employ arrives here. Once we killed the captain I have the nautical skills to get us back, just saying if anyone of you pussies wants to kill me, if ya do Sir Irone has some new pets.
We don't have to kill him but I'd rather rip the heart from that bastards chest then make him happy. But I want to live through that. In that tower it shouldn't be a problem to separate him from his man or most of them.
So what do ya think guy, is that a plan, huh?
[b]

Hopefully sounding not to stupid Sangui had said his part and stretched out on the beach.
[u]

yeah, this is a family forum, so lets keep the effing and blinding to a minimum eh? The bluest thing around here should be Kayla. Thanks
Sangui Sangetsu Group 34

Equipment: Longsword, Dagger, Leather amour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Handbow - 2 x 4 and 1 x 3bolts, pocket sundial, dry rations, 125 Crowns
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Whilst strapping on her armour, Kayla was content to let the others discuss the situation. As of yet no one had offered their names, they did discuss the current predicament, much to the stolid warriors liking. She spent some minutes tightening the various straps of her armour, buckling on her shield, and strapping her broadsword in it's scabbard around her waist. Her helmet was not with her, but it was only a standard issue marine helmet that she had wore, so of little consequence.

She was too busy with her armour to pay any of them much attention, however, there was nothing wrong with her hearing. The shade summed up the situation and offered a little advice on survival, Nothing astounding, just telling it like it is. The mage offered her assistance in the upcoming task, she seemed most upset about being here - which, was not surprising in the least - and also issued them all an unwarranted warning. They were in this together, after all. The corsairs words echoed exactly how she felt. Angry. And the best way to appease that anger would be by running her sword up that poncy noble's behind.

"That is a plan. The way I see it, we have little choice at the moment but to go capture this beacon. If that retard Ironhead, or whatever his name is, is stupid enough to come collect us after, he's in for a surprise, a damned nasty one." Kayla regarded each of them with her ice-cold glare. Once more into the breach, is that not always the way of things? Only this time we'll be killing... peasants? Give me a Bloodletter any time. The blue-haired warrior half turned to face the way of the beacon, then quickly unsheathed her broadsword and started walking along the beach.

She took a few steps and looked half-heartedly over her shoulder. "Stay or come with me. May as well get it over with." I will go it alone if I must, beats standing 'round here all day. It felt good to be wearing her armour again, it's heavy weight both comfortable and smooth when she walked. Being a creature used to much colder, harsher climates, she was already beginning to feel the heat.

Kayla will walk resolutely in the direction of the beacon, she will not stop until they reach their destination, or if the group decides to stop on the way (to gather food, or whatever).
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Once more, Calis'Shad took the floor.

Well, everyone seems to agree on a double common goal.
The beacon tower, followed by Gareth Ironcliff, as he is known for now.
Now that we share a goal, we can pursue it together as a group in order to be more efficient.

Let’s concentrate on the tower first.
Planning ahead should make our task easier later.

First step is to go there. The top of the tower is visible behind a hill. It may take one day or two to get there.

An immediate problem to solve is our survival, fitted for combat. Does anyone have some food?
The tower will be full of it, and Bretonnians have a fine cooking reputation. Not forgetting the best wine in the world.

But we have to reach the tower ready for combat.
If I happen to see some animal, I should be able to kill it with my crossbow; we’ll have to eat it raw but that’s still better than what we had onboard. Until then, I’m afraid that we’ll have to sustain on worms and beetles.
For drinking, I suggest that everyone kept a gourd along with him.

Calis’Shad shaped a part of the jagged bag into a gourd and knotted it to his belt. The remains of the bag would amply suffice for the three others to do the same.
He resumed his thinking aloud.

Second issue is not to be spotted by them before we want to. So long as we don’t see the tower, they can’t see us either. If ever they patrol around, their usual paths should be visible in the vegetation.

I am a scout. I suggest you all stayed a quarter mile behind me, that will leave me some room to scout – and to hunt if the opportunity arises. If you don’t see me anymore, follow the broken branches that I will leave at head’s height.

If the group indicates agreement to his plan, he will lead carefully the way, regularly breaking branches at head’s height in order to signal the path. His crossbow would be ready to kill any rabbit or deer passing close enough.
He would climb trees regularly to observe and adjust direction, and would let the rest of the group meet him four times a day.

He resumed his considerations.

Third, there will be a door blocking the access into the tower, which normally can be barricaded long enough for the garrison to send the alert. They could send the alert with fire at night, smoke in the day, pigeons, drums, powder explosion, there are many possibilities.

As the mission is not to get the tower but to disable it, we must kill them all before they can send the alert.
We don’t know how many of them are inside the tower. I would expect two to five, unless their task is also to patrol around, in which case they would be more.

The main problem will be the door. We have to find a way to lure them to open it.

An idea could be to have you, sorceress, call for help at distance, pretending to be a wounded Bretonnian lady.
You, warrior and you, corsair would have to reach the opposite side of the tower without being spotted, which can be done only at night. That means that the attack would happen at dawn.
We would wait for someone inside to feel committed to go and rescue the damsel.
As soon as the door opens, we rush inside and kill everyone.

The idea is to arrive unspotted as close as possible to the tower, to rest and observe, and to make the last mile(s) noiseless at night.

He concluded.
Unless anyone has a better plan, let's move on.

He had not spoken that many words in a single day for ages. But gathering a group and bring it into some cohesion was worth the effort.

Calis’Shad (Group 34) - Shade - WS2 S2 T4 D5 I5
Last edited by Calisson on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Kayla had barely taken a few steps up the beach before the shade began havering. Havering sense, but havering nonetheless. Is this rhetoric or dialogue? Because if he thinks aloud any more than this I will kill him myself. Or bed him, whichever works.

The warrior was accustomed to hardships. She was not hungry, nor particularly thirsty. She just wanted to get the mission done with minimal fuss, even if she had to walk up the door of the Lighthouse, knock politely, then methodically butcher every one in the place, then that is what she would do. How about we just get there first. Then we can decide the best course of action. The direct approach works for me.

A few more steps and her feet began to crunch as they left the golden sand of the beach and now trod upon a gravel path. Kayla hadn't even noticed, still mentally dissembling everything the shade was saying. The idea that he 'scouted' ahead of them a quarter mile - as long as he shuts that trap of his around me, he can go where he pleases - was most appealing, she might even get a chance to think for herself then!

After some more steps,it seemed the shade had finished what he was saying. "Unless anyone has a better plan, let's move on." Kayla sighed, mentally, and turned about so she stood just a few feet from Calis'Shad. "Shade, my name is Kayla. I enjoy peace of mind. All my friends are dead. My comrades are all dead. My family is dead, or as good as. Everyone, everything, I have ever known or cared about in the remotest possible sense is dead. Now, do you imagine Khaine has a sense of humour? Because, after meeting you, I now know that he does!"

Her piercing midnight eyes never left Calis' as she spoke. When she had finished, she turned on her heel and continued towards the lighthouse... Hoping for some 'peace of mind'.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Sure we must be on the opposite side of the World, thought Calis'Shad who, as a sailor, new that while the Earth is flat, the Sea is round.

Here, people tell their names only when they separate.
Here, men do all the talk, women wish just to be left alone in their dreams.
Here, men worry for the future, women for the past.
Here, a common fate, a common goal and common obstacles lead people to go each their own way.
Here, the mission must be fulfilled before understanding what it was.
Here, you fulfill the wishes of the one you want revenge from.
Here, you wish dead those you need to transport you.

By the Holy Lips of Khaine's sister!
Indeed...

I don't want to start any Blasphemous Rumours
But I think that Khaine's got a sick sense of humor
And when I die I expect to find Him laughing.

<OOC: (c) Depeche Mode > IC

Letting the warrior walk steady without consideration that sweat brings thirst, Calis'Shad filled his new gourd with water, in case the path diverged from the river.
No need anymore to scout, Calis'Shad will rather hunt while keeping the same general direction as everyone.
If the remaining group finds a thirsty and hungry warrior on their way, he will provide food and drink.

Without a word.

Calis’Shad (Group 34)
Shade WS2 S2 T4 D5 I5
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

<OOC: (c) Depeche Mode

truly a tune :)

OOC: are we all done chatting and planning? Then I shall continue.

IC: Ironcliff's newest employ gathered at the edge of the river they had been casually dumped into to restore they're lost items and plot they're next course of action as a loose group. It was eventually decided that the best plan was to head for home on the ship they had arrived upon, of course with less crew and more freedom, and the simplest way to do that was to bring the ship to them by disabling the bretonnian beacon tower. Calis'Shad attempted to bring them together and organise a plan of action for what lay ahead, however the druchii thirst for vengeance was strong. Taking the initiative, Kayla Marched into the loose forest between them and thier chosen destination, stopping only long enough to cast a comment over her shoulder at the shade and share her name with the others. Athyia glided after the pair, lost in dark thoughts about what would happen to Gareth when she got her hands on him, and Sangui followed soon after.

The murderous foreigners tramped through the day toward their distant target, however Calis'Shad had been right in his tree-bound assessment and it was turning dark as they arrived at a small clearing about half way between the shallows they had arrived at and the bretonian defensive position.

It's getting dark, it'll take another half to full day to reach the tower, the group is more or less together in the clearing. Carry on.

The next deadline is in ~48 hours, but the speed of the group is up to you all, so if you are all done sooner then I will modpost when you are if you like. Opinions?
Opus vos liberaverit
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

OOC - As long as the group has activity within every 48 hour period I am happy, as it's when things slow down beyond that I find interest is slowly lost. But if you want to modpost more than once in each 48 hour period be my guest, it just gives us more fuel for our own posting to continue.

IC -

Athyia paid the Shade more attention this time as he detailed his plan, which involved approaching the beacon tower by night and drawing the enemy out at dawn. She was to be the bait, it seemed. The Mage didn't really have any complaints about the plan however, although the use of the word 'sorceress' for her did rattle her nerves.
"It's Athyia" she said simply, offering no further contribution to the discussion as the warrior, who named herself as Kayla, and the Shade began to get into a more heated discussion. The corsair was following them as they took off towards the forest, and the beacon tower beyond. The Mage was content to just follow the Shades' lead and await their arrival at the tower.

Nothing more to say or do just yet, but will remain vigilant in case of a Bretonnian or any other ambush during the night.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

<OOC - As the most perceptive of you may have noticed, I like to interact back and forth and again, leaving the moderator to provide an impulse when everyone has said it all and discussion stalls.>

IC
As the group (or the majority of it) stopped for the night, Calis'Shad, confident that no Bretonnian was around, dared to light a small fire in order to cook the hare he had killed during the day.
He shared it with the group. Cooked with some herbs he found on the way, Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme, it was much tastier than anything they had onboard. And the proteins were welcome after a rather strenuous day, and before going to see action. Yummy Bunny! Better than Bugs! Next time I'll try Bugs Bunny with carrots.

Your dinner, with the compliments of Calis'Shad the Scout! - Blessed Gracious Anath Raema for the catch.
Strange that here, men do the cooking, women watch the fire.

The fire should maintain wildlife away.
Myself, I'll sleep on a tree, anyway. It doesn't matter that nobody runs faster than a bear, as long as someone else is an easier catch than me.

Calis'Shad wondered what kind of sorceress Althia could be. Seer? Prophet? Soothsayer? Oracle? Fortune-teller? Clairvoyant? Psychic? Diviner? Mystic? Telepathist? Spiritualist? Sibyl? Astrologer? Medium? Augur? Wizard? Prestidigitator? Evoker? Conjurer? Juggler? Theurgist? Thaumaturgist? Magician? Enchanter? Warlock? Necromancer? Mage? Illusionist? Trickster? Visionist? Phantasmist? Apparitionist? Spellbinder? And what was the correct female equivalent for all of these?

Not able to guess, he dared to disturb the cold violet eyes.
So Athyia, would you tell us how your magic will help in tomorrow's battle?

After evening's discussion, Calis'Shad will sleep on medium branches of a tree, wrapped in his cloak, as he is used to do.

Calis’Shad (Group 34)
Shade WS2 S2 T4 D5 I5
Last edited by Calisson on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Athyia settled down in the groups makeshift camp, finding a nearby fallen tree branch which although rotting on the inside would take her weight. She sat there, in the shadows just outside the light of the fire the Shade had just lit. She made a careful point of not looking into the flames, even though she found the flickering firelight quite theraputic. She needed her night vision to remain at its peak, for there could be no end of threats out there in the darkness, perhaps even a few within the camp. The Shade, who had just identified himself as Cali'Shad, had apparently caught a hare whilst scouting and hunting earlier in the day. She watched as he cooked it upon the campfire, whilst also keeping a silent vigil on their surroundings. Her mind was not on food, for although she had not eaten properly in many days her powers were more than strong enough to sustain her in time of hardships. Indeed, she thought Cal was simply cooking it for himself, and was quite suprised when he offered her a quarter and sat down to converse.

"The power of Shyish flows strongest wherever death is plentiful," she replied matter-of-factly, "so on the battlefield, I am in my element."

Athyia let a flare of purple light appear in her open palm, which turned dark and ominous as it drifted away like smoke, taking on the shape of a leering skull.

Athyia is not trying to show off, simply to provide ample warning to the others about her potential. She will continue to be vigilant of their surroundings, and has no desire to fall asleep.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

To her surprise Calis'Shad offered not another word all day long. After a good days worth of walking through the strange countryside, the group stumbled upon a clearing. The group stopped to make camp, though, Kayla would have preferred to continue on. The warrior stood at the edge of camp, thinking of nothing important. It wasn't long before Calis finished his cooking, and to her surprise, he offered her some. She accepted it grudgingly, sat cross legged at the edge of the camp and continued her vigilance into the forest beyond.

Athyia the mage and Calis'Shad the shade were having a small discussion. "The power of Shyish flows strongest wherever death is plentiful," the mage replied matter-of-factly, "so on the battlefield, I am in my element." Indeed. A death mage, then. Seems there may be another hoarder of souls within this group, they are drawn to deamonic blood and I know my chains are plentiful. Just how many swim in those murky depths?

The warrior turned to the group as she finished her meal, just in time to see the purple skull that Athyia had summoned in her palm. What are you trying to tell us, girl? She took a few steps towards the small camp fire and nodded to Calis gratefully, thanking him for his food - which, was surprisingly tasty, not in any fantastic way but certainly better than the soldiers rations she was used to. "I will take first watch."

The warrior walked back to remain in her chosen spot at the edge of camp. Kayla felt uncomfortable around strangers and did not like the thought of sleeping amongst her current companions. Indeed, I shall take the only watch.

Kayla will stand like a sentinel at her chosen spot and remain ever vigilant for any signs of danger.
Last edited by Minigrift on Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Darkdoom
Executioner

Post by Darkdoom »

Sangui like the style of his new group, the shade for scouting and keeping his back clear, the warrior for doing the melee and as a meat shield, the only one he despised was that blasphemous sorcerers. From his “mother” he had also inherited the hate for all magic wielders (except the roly ones of cause). But he knew better then to provoke her. His dad had done his share as well....

Thanks for the food, mate! But no fire if we want to surprise them it is visible from to far away when it gets dark.

Having said the he extinguished the fire with out waiting for a reply.

"The power of Shyish flows strongest wherever death is plentiful, so on the battlefield, I am in my element."

Well things just keep getting better and better don't they...Not only is she a sorceress, but will most likely be bound to chaos as well and I don't like the idea that she'd profit from my death.

"I will take first watch,”
the blue hair said.

He didn't think they'd need one but wasn't inclined to argue.

Having filled his stomach Sangui, put his cloak on the ground near the dead fire and his head atop of it. Stretching out and closing his eyes he prepared to sleep, but expecting to be interrupted.
Sangui Sangetsu Group 34