Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ Malus99
Great post in the gaming thread! That's the spirit! :D
The spirit is willing. Let's see if the the flick is wash.

First, resistance to the cold. You feel boiling innerly. Plenty of time (25 min).

Next, the spell.
Thrust by a column of souls.
A.+1 movement indeed. B.-1 indeed, found on fluffy models - good job finding it! C.+1 himself. D.+0: you're moving as far as visual distance. E.+2.
F.-2. G.-1. H.+0, 6 minutes total. I.-1 You can use the rope (as I you told me about the models, I tell you about the rope). J.+0, averaging shouting, 1 hand moved, intense concentration.
+1-1+1+0+2-2-1+0-1+0 => K.0 detrimental for 6 minutes. Total -1.

Add the great fluff, that makes a spell cast on 3+.
Rolled ... :shock: ... 2 ... :badh:

What can I do? I even sent you the rope!

This concludes the first night in the Pit.
Great show! :D
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Malus99
Scourge
Scourge

Post by Malus99 »

Oh schnatz

edit - oops, sorry callison, I started writing my last post in the game thread as Arhast's farewell before you had posted, shall I delete it? I know I slightly (Ok, more than slightly, quite alot really) aggrandised my end :roll:

Had to make the best of it didn't I? you can consider it as the shade of Arhast coming back to annoy you all by getting in the way :P :twisted:

Edit of edit - Hang on a minute! I been ninja'd. Again!!! I suppose it is fitting, I started off this whole venture getting ninja'd by Dalamar and now I end it getting ninja'd by Callison. It's all one big long vicious cycle :D

Well, that's all from me, good luck to you all! (except for the two gits that left me to drown ignominiously ;) )

See you in the next round hopefully.
I'll be back.
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

All things perish, this is the law of existence, accept your suffering and your mortality, only by using this truth, can you transcend it.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ all,
I started the second day.
However, if you want to end the night, I allow each of you a "free" post in the gaming thread.
That will not count as the single post of Day 2.
Make sure to start with In the village.and not to do anything related to the next day.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

I will be writing with the giant fossil shark tooth in mind. Hope that's okay with others :)
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

If you'll all allow me to bend the rules a little(lot), I would like to reserve the cometstone (as in meteorite, right boss?) untill tommorow as I cant post anything of decent length tonight. Ta
Opus vos liberaverit
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

I think I may need a bit more than an hour - I've been writing solidly for the past 30 and am certainly nowhere near done! Hope it's okay to reserve it for a bit longer than that while I finish up :)
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Smiler666, I'm fine with that as I'm on a train all day tomorrow and also won't be able to make a post until the evening. I'd like the bar of electrum, if that's all right with everyone?

Malus99, well played, in the end it was just bad luck it was you and not me (I was convinced it was game over for me as you can see) :). I'm sure you'll do better next time.

And of course Vanatyr wanted to kick him in the face. He'd just tried to kill him. The least he could do was return the compliment :p
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Reserving the Carbuncle Stone, if that's ok with everyone.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Amber with dragonfly CLAIMED ;)
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Do we have to use a stone? Artemii isn't much into pretty things.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

If Vaelreth survives, Shadow Magic will be still taken ;)

And in all honestly I was debating, Dark, Shadow or Death. Dark was already taken so it was a tossup between the other two ;)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Again... I hope I did that right, but I can't be sure. I wanted to post now even though it's late and I'm falling asleep because I probably would be last otherwise!

Edit - and it seems my tiredness is showing in my choice of words... "gone for food" should be "gone for good"... obviously :roll:

And Doh! Forgot to mention the gold bar was used in the creation process as well to give the armour a gold trim :lol:
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Alright, not sure if that was the correct way to do it but if anything is amiss Calisson just say so and I'll rectify it in later posts.

So we create the object, we wait for the results from you Calisson and then do we make another post about returning to the camp and demonstrating our skills/decisions for our magical objects?

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Curses! Third! That's what I get for writing such a long post!!!

Haha :D

Well, I hope I've done it okay. Like Kinslayer, I have rushed the spelling/grammar a bit as it's now 1:30am and I need to get to sleep. Hope I didn't butcher anything too badly.

I think I should get bonus marks for the vivid effort put into my dread visions! :D

Edit: I should add that I assumed from the way the description of non-arcane magical items was written that the spell from Metarchis's shield could be released by the person carrying the shield (in the trial: Metarchis) onto either himself or another person (in the trial: the slave girl). If however my shield would only affect the person carrying my shield, then obviously instead of holding onto it himself, Metarchis would make the slave girl hold it while he tested whether the magical item would work. I'm happy with either version of this - just want to make sure that I don't end up with a situation where Metarchis holds the shield, tries to cast the magic on her but it actually gets cast onto him, and then kills the unprotected slave girl with a dagger in her chest. If you get me. (Hope that makes sense, if not then I can clarify here tomorrow!)

Don't be a munchkin?

Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

It seems with one post only, we have to assume a great deal as one action depends on the success of the previous one.

As such Vaelreth accepts the consequences of forcing her attempts to fruition. She only wants to recharge her consecrated altar for the duration it takes her to create her item, but the item itself she needs useful for the entire contest, even if she can only use it once per day (though more would be her preference)

also: Boo! Hiss! for adept of Khaine creating items of protection. Shame on you ;)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Dalamar wrote:It seems with one post only, we have to assume a great deal as one action depends on the success of the previous one.

Yeah, I'm not sure whether I should have wrote Kala going back to the tower or not, because I'm so use to waiting for the results like in a normal RPG and I'm not use to this whole assuming meta game business. I mean I could write that Kala returns to the village and binds a Doombolt into the ring and uses it on a slave, but I can't assume that I will even be able to make the ring in the first place, I might return with a lump of dull metal with a crudely fashioned gem on top.

So should I make another post Calisson about what I am to do with the ring I'm attempting to create?

Also, will I have to bind a Doombolt into the ring before I go to the village and demonstrate to the High Sorceress, or do I simply bind it on the spot when I'm demonstrating on the slave. Because if I attempt to bind a Doombolt into the ring before I head for the village, won't that mean I will have used the single charge a day on the ring?

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

<yawn - morning D.net check>
:shock:
13 posts in this thread, 4 posts in the gaming thread!

@ all
It looks like you're hooked by the hurry I wished to promote. :lol:
Cool, mates. As I mentioned, the "quick bonus" will be +1% for Kinslayer, +2% for Khel, +3% for Red... and +4% for Dalamar - Syjahel will get at worst +7%, like smiler666 and Drainial. To compare to the influence of one single vote: last time, 12 votes were cast, each vote was valued at 8%.
Unless there is another reason for hurrying up?
Oh yes, I understand now:
you were in a hurry to get the goodies of your wish? How greedy you are! :P
That's your choice, to hurry up and regret later. Three of you are cooler blooded (or in a train - no rush is possible).
BTW, initially, I had only 8 items available, the rush would have been bloody! But tenderheart as I am, I increased the size of the gift bag to 12.

@ smiler666, Red...
The arrangements are among you to make.
The "one hour reserved" tag was just another design from my mad brain to get you to type franctically at unreasonable late hour. :lol:
Whether you play clean or dirty among you is up to each of the players.

< Warning: The direction declines any responsibility for the loss of a coveted item. >

@ Drainial
No, you don't have to use a stone. You don't have to make an item. You may choose to go directly into the pit instead. :twisted:
Just kidding. Actually, you really need one of the stone.
Anyway, between the toadstone and the coral branch, you have still some "life" akin stones to use, of animal origins rather than mineral.
You don't have to use the gold bar, though, in that case the stone would just be inserted into the wood you are likely to wish to use.

Quote: Staff, dagger (is it possible to make it so that these can be combined to make a rudimentary spear?) /quote.
You could well take the opportunity to make your rudimentary spear, and to make it "magic".
You still have to use one of the stone: remember, you have to explain the "magic" with the alleged properties of the stone.
If you wish not the stone to be apparent, state it in your post. The stone will be blended with the wood and the wood will get a shiny nuance, that's all. A magic item must "look" magic.

@ Kinslayer, Red..., Khel
Fine to explain your typos and obvious "needless to say" here in this thread.
Up to me to accept it (very likely - BTW, if you want to know my favourite brand of champagne, I can PM it to you).

@ Khel
OK for another post after you got the results of the spell.
But if so, don't do anything significant in that additional post. Fluff is always OK, not spells. If I had to throw a die, well... that's another story. :evil:

@ Red...
bonus marks aye aye.

@ Dalamar
Magic object cast their bounded spell once a day.
Arcane objects don't cast anything, they are catalysts. They are useful as often as you cast spells. Now you know why Harry sticks to his wand!

@ all
Gaming thread.
As far as I understand, in the village, nothing else happended that night - nothing either in the pit, but I left little choice, although I would have understood any fluffy reaction with no need to throw a die.

@ all
I'll wait for the 7th post to determine the results of your spells.

@ all
I hoped you enjoyed the challenge of the day! :D
Last edited by Calisson on Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

So... I won't be able to bind "Doombolt" into my ring because that is going to require dice rolls to cast the spell? How am I going to demonstrate the magic ring at the village meet n' greet if it doesn't bloody do anything? :(

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

<having yet to read Khel's post in the gaming thread>

FAQ:
Q: Can a bound item be used the same day it was created?
A: Let's suppose the intent was to create a ring and insert inside Doombolt,
- first, you transform the gold bar into a magic ring by casting "magic object" on it.
- second, you cast the spell Doombolt, holding the ring.
- you can use the ring the same day to cast Doombolt, again.

FAQ:
Q: What if a spell doesn't succeed?
A: Depends on what failed.
- If the "magic object" spell was unsuccessful, cast it again till it works.
- If the first spell you cast with the new "virgin" magic object in your hand failed, then the magic object will only cast autofail spells. A cursed item. Not the result you wished. :(
If this happened, you'd have to resume from the start:
cast again "magic object" on the same object, in that case the former magic effect will be erased (because you did not cast a spell to allow a single magic object to absorb several effects - do you still follow me?); then you just need to cast the desired spell, this time successfully.
Am I clear? If not, I suggest a night's study in the pit.

FAQ.
Q: Does a cursed item answer the challenge of the day?
A: Yes. It will be your property till your death. If you're happy with the bare side-effect, keep it!
A cursed ring holding a miscast once a day can be potent indeed!
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Seems like the I'm destined for the pit. :| Sorry, still very confused about the constant rule adding and how actions influence other actions (while I like the meta aspect in terms of fluff, the meta-game in relation to the actual rules and progression of this game is very confusing).

I'll try to wing it more and ask less questions. :(

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

<having read Khel's post in the gaming thread>
Don't worry, mate, your whole actions with the bar and the stone will be blended together and count as a single "magic object creation", very detailed.

I noted that the end of the post was missing:
- your evening’s discourse about the stone's properties
- the demonstration you intend to make in the evening.

The demonstration is obvious, no worry, I'll find the guinea pig.

The discourse - did I say dis-curse ? - about your stone is specific to your stone.
Go ahead and post it here in the OOC thread. That is not against the spirit of the game, as nobody can copy you and reversely (if the fluff about the carbuncle is well chosen).
May the judges pardon your late input. We'll see it soon...
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Malus99 wrote:you can consider it as the shade of Arhast coming back to annoy you all by getting in the way :P :twisted:
good luck to you all! (except for the two gits that left me to drown ignominiously ;) )
I'll be back.
@ Malus99
About what happens after Death.
I had to search inside my old dusty books, lasting from my PhD of Arcane Theology, University of Naggarond.

All beings are made of the four elements.
The Earth stands for the Body. This is the "real" part.
The Water stands for the Life. This is what bounds together the four elements and allows them to be reproduced.
The Fire stands for the Soul. It provides animation (anima in latin) with instinct.
The Air stands for the Spirit. It allows to talk in an intelligent way (even Goblins - did I mention Blondes?) and to make decisions.

Examples: stones have only a Body; trees have Body + Life; animals have Body + Life + Soul; elves have all four elements.
Very often, people mix up Souls and Spirits. Actually, they represent very different aspects, as you see.

At Death, Life is gone - duh - and Body decays.
Remains the Soul: an ectoplasm, usually in the form of an animal - the totem - which can move and look but cannot interract (lacking Body) nor talk (lacking Spirit).
Remains also the Spirit: a ghost able to talk but which can't move away from where Life ceased to tie together the four elements.

If you wish to play Arhast's Spirit, you can. He will remain inside the cavern, until satisfied - probably he would like to witness a desirable event - guess what?
He cannot act physically on the "real" world. He can make quick, inarticulate sounds, as ghost usually do. He lacks the Body to talk. Sometimes, he can inspire a vision (once a day). He can answer questions if asked magically.
On the other hand, the ectoplasm's colour reflects the deeds during Life. Best guess is that Arhast's is quite dark. It can travel, it can see, but it has no longer intelligence and is no longer bounded with the Spirit. Not fun to play. Let it go.
Last edited by Calisson on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Alright, thanks a heap man, not many would be this lenient and I know when I'm pushing it. :)

So again, thanks for the understanding and I will simply post the entire days actions like others have been doing from now on.

Reserving this post for the rest of the of the day’s activity.

EDIT:

-In Character-

The path back down the mountain was prolonged as Kala had made extra care in not damaging her magical object. The wind was still biting at her thighs and dulled her senses as she scraped her sandaled feet across the rough surface of the mountain side. The village was still visible in the dying light of the day on this forsaken island. She would make it back in time she hoped, her staff pressed beneath her arm to create a makeshift walking stick. The exertions of today had been much more than the day before. Thankfully that she had performed such trials on her dedicated day where she felt more align with the powers of the eight winds. She could feel a sense of dread in her gut at the nights activities that were to occur. She would perhaps witness everyone else’s items and what she was essentially up against. Perhaps everyone else had created magic staffs and she should’ve done the same?

It was too late for such worrying she concluded as she jumped down from the rocks into the beginning of the grassy mud flat plains that stretched out for a good few hours yet. She had only traversed the path from the village to her mountain hideaway a few times (two to be exact) yet it seemed like she had walked this path many times before.

”Hell, I might just end up living up there in the crags.” Chuckled Kaladeth gazing back over her shoulder to the ocean flanked mountains of this little, unknown Island.

Night was fast approaching as she reached the outskirts of the village, the bonfire within the centre was already blazing brightly, meaning that others were already here. Spitting her frustration to the ditch beside her, she was immediately greeted by the shadows. The hosts of this little event wanted her to explain what she had ascertained from the fruits of the day. She would tell them, but she walked a bit further until the tower was in view more properly. She gazed over the large iron structure, hoping to catch a glimpse of her host. Furrowing her brow as she was met with the stillness that emanated from the tower, Kaladeth spoke her mind in choosing the carbuncle stone. Holding the ring out in front of her and the others for them all to see the precious stone, Kaladeth began her explanation.

”A blood red carbuncle. Yet when caught in the light, you can spot a deep blue wound within its centre. Predominantly red in colour, carbuncles aren’t the rarest of gems but such a gem with a blue, almost black centre is definitely rarer than most,” Kala paused momentarily and stared deeply into the gem, as if mesmerised by some hidden power beneath the gems surface, “This precious gem is unmistakably hewn from a riverbed, if this was mined from rock you would have a much more rough, course edge. While with this gem, its surface has been smoothed by untold amounts of pressure from the running water that has passed over it. Unlocking this gem’s magical potential was relatively simple.” She allowed a wry smile to twitch the corners of her mouth, ”This rune, translation: Kharaidon, a daemonic entity called upon by many Dhar users like myself relates to this gem’s power. Soaking the rune which I etched into gem’s surface with my blood as a sacrificial calling to the other-world, summoning forth the powers of the great Kharaidon to do my bidding, I bound just a minor portion of his dark power to the ring which I have aptly named 'Ring of Kharaidon'. This gem appealed to me immiedately because it’s secondary colour of deepest blue is hidden just beneath its surface. Kala paused and then added forebodingly, Much like great Kharaidon’s power, hidden from the view just below the material world’s surface, this power only available to those willing to sacrifice more than anyone has ever dreamed. Her eyes clouded over as she lost herself in the miasma of power that flowed through her speech and almost prayed to the darkness that lurked within the ring.

With that, she hoped her explanation had pleased them. Next was the big test, where she would find out if she was right in her enchantments and invocations. A slave stood before her, the other dark elves watched her closely, as if weeding out a weakness within her stance. The tower loomed ahead of her but Kaladeth didn’t focus on it, only on the ring and the slave before her. The unknown race of slave whimpered slightly and this brought a cruel smile to her lips as she curled her fist with the ring on it into a claw. Bringing back her clawed hand, she focussed her mind into activating the rings power. While the Doombolt would normally have needed for her to use complex hand gestures and numerous invocations, the ring would release a sudden and almost instantaneous bolt of pure darkness.

Shouting the name ”KHARAIDON!”, she punched her hand forward, taking a single step forward as she did so. Her fist pointed at the slave, Kaladeth felt the power already activating within the ring and whether it produced a positive result was yet to see.
Last edited by Khel on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ Khel
NP, this game is supposed to be fun!

@ all
I will not determine myself alone if your day's actions fulfilled Kaleth's requirement.
Each of us will do it - vith our vote.

@ all
I hope you enjoyed the inspired lesson, two posts above. :P

@ Kinslayer
Your raven is not tamed, just befriended.
Let's say that your character had a vision of the raven, but actually he used his fingers - fluffy, anyway.

So now you know why Mages wake up early! ;)

@ Red...
:shock: Wow! Easy on the fluffy visions - this is a family forum! ;)

@ Dalamar
Clear intent. I'll have to figure out how the spell is cast, now...
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

@Calisson - Lol, sorry. I'll tone them down a bit: easy to get carried away when inspired by the Blood God :D

@Dalamar - Hehe :D Khaine may be the bloody handed god, but he can't feed on blood very well if all of his followers are dead: he needs them alive to carry out his bidding (hence the bloodshield, which actually comes from the 7th ed DE Army book - its one of the three Cauldron Blessings). By protecting Metarchis from attacks, it frees up his time and energy to cut down any opposing shadow mag...*coughs*..errm, non-specified enemies in combat. ;)

Don't be a munchkin?