The Magic Reality Show (TMRS) - OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Yep, that was the goal of creating the crown. So I can avoid fighting in the pit.

How many killing spells does Shadow have? two... and they're number 5 and 6. Nothing a level 1 should be capable of casting on demand.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ smiler666, Red..., Malus99
Waiting for your post.
As soon as one opponent enters the same ring as Ghurk the scarecrow, you can start writing your first combat post. The slave has a hand weapon, a buckler, and can be blessed with spells.

@ Dalamar
From the new starting position (P) at the end of the spur, there was no LOS to the top of the pit.
Furthermore, how can you target the empty air that you don't see? If only stars were visible, would you teleport to stars?
Finally, the circlet spell was ambigous. Not understanding the intention, I gave it the description of GW spell. At least, you could have argued that point.

Code: Select all

The cave was shaped roughly like a cone, with the pit at the top. 
The two Candidates were guided to the opposing sides of the spur, Kairus North, Vaelreth South.
________   ______
        | |
        | |
        | |
       /   \
     /      \
   /         \
 /            \
/P____________P\

In order to swap position with a guard on the top (actual wording of the spell) or to teleport (wished wording of the spell), a LOS was required, which was not available in the starting position - especially with a hood.
As the hood was not attached, it was possible to kneel, bend the head and have the hood dropped on the floor. With GW spell wording, it would have been possible to jump into the sea and have the circlet swap positions with the opponent.

I did not understand the intent for the circlet, otherwise, I would have made the circlet closer to the intention - at the price of being more difficult to cast. The issue would not have been changed, though, for the reasons explained above.

About using spell #5:
Pit of Shades
A.+0 (aggression) B.+0 (unusual because >9+) C.+1 (1 person: that's enough) D.+0 (breath distance, assuming hood dropped) E.+1 (6 min) F.-2 G.+0 (normal ground) H.+0 (same time as dragon) I.+0 (let's assume a precious component used) J-2 (no component) K.+1 total -1, with a fluffy description, that's 3+ to cast.
If cast, you have 6 min free before the opponent comes back (duration of the spell).
Plenty of time to cast steeds of shadows, to get rid of bounds...

I was surprised you didn't cast steeds of shadows directly.
A.+1 (move) B.+1 (usual) C.+1 (self) D.+0 (visual - assuming hood dropped) E.+2 (6 seconds) F.-2 G.+0 (ground) H.+0 (same as dragon) I.-2 J.-2 K.+0 total -1+fluff = 3+ to cast.
If cast, for 6 seconds, you fly towards what you can see.
After a few bounces on the pit's walls, you'd be out within 6 seconds.

Anyway, it's done.
With such a violent death, no surprise if Vaelreth's ghost haunts the cave for a while...
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ Malus99
Q. Rast stopped functioning at midnight right?
A. Yes.

Q. At what point does it become a well known spell? As this is the fourth time I've cast it in two days
A. Spell proficiency increases after casting attempts.
+1: well known spell remains well known.
+0: unusual spell, well documented becomes +1 well known after having been cast a bunch of times (5 times at B.+0).
-1: spell known only in theory becomes +0 unusual after having been cast a couple of times (3 times at B.-1) including once successfully.
-2: totally new spell becomes -1 known in theory after having been cast once (even not successfully: learn by mistake).
In your case, it started at B.-1, you have cast it 3 times, it is now +0 and will remain +0 for the next 5 attempts.

Q. Are we allowed to cast offensive spells against the enemy slave or only allowed to buff our own pets?
A. Nothing is forbidden. You can even cheat and go into the ring yourself.
However, the goal is not to kill the opponent. The goal is to demonstrate the fighting ability of your warrior, that you have raised from the recent dead (or saved from a certain death).
In the evening, the assembly will judge how effective your fighter has become. If it appears that you're the one who does all the work and the warrior does nothing, don't be surprised that you're sent to the pit.
The fight will stop at first blood because you'll need the slaves the next day.

Spell.
A to I: correct. J: cannot be +1 otherwise you cannot cast again. I made it J.+0. Total = -1 therefore K=0 and new total = -1, cast on 4+.
Rolled 4, side effect 4, noise: let's say you clear your throat all the time with a lot of noise.

Improving WS: not likely in so short a time, but you're welcome to cast Word of Pain.
A.-1 B.+1 C.+1 D.+1 (breath distance) E.+1 (6 min) F.-2 G.+0 H.+0 I.-2 J.+1 (whispers and 1 hand, but hard concentration afterwards) K.+0 total -1
To be rolled when the opposing slave comes at breath distance of Kaladeth.
At that time, the opponent will have WS1. If it is the other zombie, I'll make it T1 instead.
Or you can do it in a less concealed way: J+1.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Malus99
Scourge
Scourge

Post by Malus99 »

Yeah, that'll do :lol: will get on as much as possible to post over the next couple of days but things will be abit hectic
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

All things perish, this is the law of existence, accept your suffering and your mortality, only by using this truth, can you transcend it.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

West Ring.
Inbox - Message
To: Calisson
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:06 am
Hi Calisson,

While Metarchis and his lady friend Helleryia are at his Cauldron of Blood, I would like Metarchis to carry out the following spells.

Spell: Manbane. (Slow spell)
Target: Mixture inside the cauldron of blood, used to coat Helleryia's short sword with venom
Intended effect: Make Helleryia's sword short much more lethal
Duration: Until the end of the fight (that's before midnight right?)
Notes: No components used, but spell cast at Cauldron of Blood

Metarchis and Helleryia gathered up an assortment of grass, mud and water and placed these inside the cauldron. He then cut off several strands of Helleryia's hair and added these to the mix. Finally, he made a surface cut with the knife on one of his fingers and let the blood ooze down into the cauldron.

This done, he bade Helleryia to stir the mixture inside the cauldron, while he traced his finger over the rune that was etched on its front. When the mixture had been stirred thoroughly, the two of them knelt on either side of the cauldron - hands entwined so that they formed a circle around the sacred bowl - and began to pray unto Khaine. Yelling loudly together, they beseeched the great lord of Murder to corrupt the mixture that they had gathered and transform it into one the most lethal venoms ever created: Manbane.

If the spell is cast successfully, Metarchis will coat Helleryia's sword short with the venom by sliding it slowly inside the cauldron.

Spell: Dance of Doom (regular spell)
Target: Helleryia
Intended effect: Enable Helleryia to dance during combat, and reduce her chance of being wounded by the enemy
Duration: Until the end of the fight (that's before midnight right?)
Notes: No components used, but spell cast at Cauldron of Blood

Once the venom had been made, Metarchis indicated to Helleryia that she should watch while he demonstrated how to perform the mighty Dance of Doom. He began skipping through the air like a care-free school girl, flapping his elbows like a chicken, and finally rocking his head backwards and forwards like a teenager listening to heavy metal. As he danced, he made loud squawking noises and produced the occasional burp.

"The key" he explained "is to so perplex your opponent that they are too stunned to be able to attack you. Your actions are so unpredictable that they cannot know where to press their attack or how to penetrate your defences. It has saved many an adept of Khaine from death. The burping, though, is just for fun."

Helleryia practiced for the next few hours, watching Metarchis re-enact the dance for her several times (OOC: If needed). By the end she appeared to have mastered the essentials needed for the dance (OOC: Assuming that Metarchis managed to cast the spell successfully).
@ Red...
Beware of all the mixture you pour in the CoB. Melting different chemicals could result in fancy results. ;)
Fortunately, the daily rain fills in the CoB and rinses it.

Spell cast: Manbane
A.+0 B.+1 C.+1 D.+2 E.+0 F.-2 G.+1 H.+1 I.-2 J.+0 K.-1 (mild) total +1+fluff, rolled 5, mild side effect 1 = colored smoke.
Now the short sword wounds on 3+.

Second spell cast: Dance of Doom.
A.+1 (protection) B.+1 C.+1 D.+2 E.+0 F.-2 G.+1 H.+0 (5+1 min) I.-2 J.+0 K.-1 total +1.
Rolled 3, cast. Side effect 3, sweat (no wonder).

@ Malus99
Rolled 3 for the 4+ spell Word of Pain. Side effect 1. Will be rolled again if Helleryia comes again within Kaladeth breath range (which did not happen during the first two passes).

Combat:
Rast the zombie: WS1, S4, T2, D1, I1
Helleryia: WS2, S1, T1, D2, I3. WoP would have make her WS1 but was not cast. Manbane makes her T3. Dance of Doom provides her a 5+ ward save. She has the initiative (duh!).
I played it quite like a WHFB battle.

As the winner has been officially declared, any of you can call it a day.
Or if both of you want to proceed on the fight, that’s your choice.
Indicate any action you wish. I’ll roll dices until next wound.
Rast has a wound which does not hamper him. Next wound will.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

@Calisson: thanks, I'll bear it in mind ;) Don't want to make a batch of witchbrew, only to discover after drinking it that it is tainted with aspects of manbane!

@all

"Touché!"

Sorry, all the cool kids were saying it, and I wanted to be part of the moment :D
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Inbox - Message
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:52 pm
Subject: Kairus' spells
This is what Kairus will do inside his shack, away from the prying eyes of the other Mages:

First he will cast some sort of spell of binding and concealment upon the scarecrow, so that he might hide another spell inside its mind which it can call forth, and which nobody else can see coming. For this Kairus will spend the most time, and will use another of his two remaining raven feathers (common item). Once the cormomont-slave-scarecrows mind is ready, he will then cast The Amber Spear so that the spell becomes locked in the scarecrows simple memory function.

In the fight, Kairus has ordered the scarecrow to use its buckler and mace to block physical attacks and not to attack itself. When the moment is right it will lance its opponent with a magical spear instead.

He has also strapped his enchanted breastplate onto the scarecrow, to help better protect it against incoming magic missiles.
Sent - Message
To: Kinslayer
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:18 pm
Subject: Re: Kairus' spells
That's precisely:
Step 1: Creating a magic item (the scarecrow)
Step 2: Bestowing the magic item with a spell.

Normally, a magic item has a "bearer" who can trigger the spell once a day, usually with a word of command.
Let's assume that the "bearer" will be at breath distance rather than touching the item (I'll adjust the spell accordingly).
Please provide the word of command, so that I can understand your post. Something with Kurnous would seem appropriate, subtle and unlikely to be told by anyone else.

Step 1. Turning Ghurk the scarecrow into a magic object.
A.-1 (magic object) B.+0 (you have mastered the theory last time) C.+1 (the scarecrow) D.+1 (breath distance for triggering the effect later on) E.+0 (till midnight) F.-2 G.+0 H.+1 (long casting) I.-1 (mundane component) J.+1 (you have to concentrate very hard untill the fight - walking a routine path will be OK) K.+0 total 0, cast on 4+.
Rolled: 6, worked perfectly!
Side effect 1 hallucinations (for you, not Ghurk): you see feathers everywhere till midnight (no wonder - please try to mention the word once in every paragraph). At least, you avoid the miscast, this time!

Step 2: magical amber spear
A.+0 (aggression) B.+1 (known, <10+) C.+0 (accurate, deep wounds) D.+1 (breath distance: make sure nobody else is in range) E.+1 (6 min) F.-2 G.+0 H.+1 (same as step 1) I.-1 (one mundane component) J.+1 K.-1 (mild) total +2, cast on 2+.
Rolled 4, cast. Side effect 5, Ghurk will be drunk for 30 seconds.

Compliments, the result is achieved.
Now, Ghurk has become able to launch an amber rocket with his left arm. It will work only once ("magic object" was cast only for the night), upon command from anyone at breath distance, with the order "Kurnous, inspeare Ghurk" or anything alike that you have to PM me.
The result will be an amber spear thrown till breath distance towards the closest victim. It makes 2d6 deep wounds with S6, which can be resisted. The wounds only last 6 minutes (even death).
After shooting, Ghurk will be drunk for 30 seconds (recoil effect).
@ Kinslayer
power of Kurnous (Wyssan Wildform).
A.+1 (protection) B.+0 (10+ to cast) C.+1 D.+2 E.+1 (6 minutes, to be cast again if necessary) F.-2 G.+0 H.+0 (5 min + 1 min casting) I.-2 J.+1 (shouting, hard concentration) K.-1 (mild) total +1.
However, Kairus is interrupted while he casts (see Smiler666’ post). No result, no side effect.

@ Kinslayer
The order to launch the buckler was not understood by Ghurk cormorant’s brain (rolled and re-rolled an I test).

@ Smiler666
Inbox - Message
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:03 pm
Subject: TMRS duel
Marcelus will not flamecage the shield, relying instead on Karl's boosted reactions.

Also, would it be possible for Marcelus to run around the ring and kick Karius 'square in noots'( - Eric Cartman) while he is focussed on casting his wildform spell? If so, that is what Marcelus will do.
Done!

Spell 1
spell: vaguely kindleflame-ish based theoretical spell
A.-1 (transform) B.-2 C.+1 D.+2 E.+0 F.-2 G.+1 H.+1 I.-1 (mundane component) J.+0 K.+0 total -1, rolled 5, cast, side effect 5, Marcelus is aggressive till midnight.
Result is increased WS and I.

Spell 2
spell: flaming sword of rhuin
A.+0 (aggression) B.+1 C.+1 D.+2 E.+0 (till 24:00) F.-2 G.+1 H.+0 I.-1 (mundane) J.+0 K.-1 (mild) total +1.
Rolled 3, cast. Side effect 5, drunkenness for half an hour, explains why they arrive late. Hiccup!
Result: Karl’s mace is now flaming. +1 to wound.

@ both
Karl the zombie: WS1(2), S4, T2, D1, I1(2)
Ghurk the Scarecrow: WS2, S1, T3, D1, I2

The fight between two defensive fighters never started.
The cormorant's brain was wary of the fire, as expected.
The orders given to Karl included a reaction to Ghurk landing a hit - which would never come.
After the initial hesitations, as the intention of flaming feathers was indicated too, Karl approached Ghurk - but was caught by the amber spear.

Well done for PMs. ;)
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

So... magical dragons and harpoon guns... I don't fancy my chances tbh ;)
Opus vos liberaverit
Malus99
Scourge
Scourge

Post by Malus99 »

Hey guys, sorry I couldn't get on but on the plus side, I passed the exam so at least my RPing time was sacrificed for a good cause! I thought it would be abit pointless to post in the main thread after the fact so I shall simply state here that Kala will withdraw Rast from combat after he is wounded by the witch elf, I don't want him dismembered by the crazy lady. Hopefully my posting will be relatively back to normal, though at some points in the next two weeks I have a couple of exams (Thursdays) and mocks
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

All things perish, this is the law of existence, accept your suffering and your mortality, only by using this truth, can you transcend it.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

smiler666 wrote:So... magical dragons and harpoon guns... I don't fancy my chances tbh ;)

Isn't that the point of the contest? To prove that Ghur is the greatest power? :twisted:
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Isn't that the point of the contest? To prove that Ghur is the greatest power?

I think you mean Khaine ;)

P.S. Congrats on the exam Malus99, and hope the others go well too! (That will, at least, provide some commiseration for when Kaladeth loses in TMRS! :P)
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

No turning into a dragon Kinslayer? ;)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

In the pit - Night 5
Inbox - Message
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:30 pm
Subject: Kairus in the pit (again)
Haha! Magicless fist fight my arse! Kairus is of course summoning the Bears Anger spell / (Savage Beast of Horros) which must be well known by now? He has 5 minutes to prepare before the pit, plus the minutes it takes him to free his hands and Ghurk and get across the platform. He won't cast the spell until he reached combat to keep the element of suprise.

Before, Kairus had just as good strength and toughness as Marcelus. He has lost some of that in his trials. The spell should give him it all back, and then some.

Oh, and if the dice goes my way... I would like Kairus to finish Marcelus off by tearing his head from his shoulders with a savage roar "KURRRNOUSSSS!!" - mortal kombat fatality style

If not.... been a good game
Q: must be well known by now?
A: Savage Beast of Horros was recorded twice: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:50 pm, Nov 24, 2011 8:04 am (once each time)
A spell +0: unusual spell, well documented becomes +1 well known after having been cast a bunch of times (5 times at B.+0). Three more times!

Freeing hands: rolled 5. It takes 5-3+5+1 = 8 min to free Kairus & Ghurk.

Spell: Savage Beast of Horros (NOT cast, see below)
A.+0 (aggression) B.+0 (casting 10+) C.+1 (self) D.+2 (touch) E.+1 (6 min) F.-2 G.+0 (casting only after getting down) H.+0 (5+1 min) I.-2 J.+0 K.+0 total 0
Cast on 4+, can be cast again if failed, no change.
Result: +3 attacks each, +3 S.
It takes one more min to cast.

Kairus could be ready at minute 9, if nothing happens in between.
But let’s see what happens.

Inbox - Message
Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:31 am
Subject: TMRS pitfight
Marcelus will crouch-walk toward Karius until he gets within a few paces, then he will kick Karl toward him and Ghurk and use the momentum to springboard into the sea while casting

Spell: Lycanus zombie jihad
Time: transportation time for prep, plus walking/untying time for casting
Target: the unfortunate Karl
Duration: 6 secs should do it
Notes: ascendant day still? and a stealthily crushed firefly (mundane)
Intended affect: take the kindleflame-ish spell to the max, so that Karl overloads and explodes like a squishy bomb, preferably taking Karius and Ghurk with him
Q. ascendant day still?
A. This is Friday. Neutral for everyone.

Crouch-walking: It is not feasible to untie bonds and crouch simultaneously.
It takes 2 min to crouch 20 m (Karl never managed to understand what it was about and never helped).
The first thing to do was to take the flaming mace (which was on the way) in order to carry it with you. 2 more minutes.
At the end of the 4 th min, you’re close to Ghurk, who hates fire and starts moving randomly.

-=-=-

Of course, Kairus sees Marcelus coming. He has a spell ready in his mind. Could it be cast in a hurry?
I test to change mind: failed.

-=-=-

After Marcelus has growled half of the distance, another I test for Kairus. Passed.

Ghurk’s reaction to the closing fire is the reaction of a sea bird: jump to safety into the water (failed I test).

What will happen first?
Let’s cast spells.

Spell: Savage Beast of Horros
A.+0 (aggression) B.+0 (casting 10+) C.+1 (self) D.+2 (touch) E.+2 (6 sec, there’s a hurry now) F.-2 G.-1 (still on Ghurk’s back) H.+0 (1 sec) I.-2 J.-2 (gagged, tied) K.+1 (terrible, but there’s a hurry) total -1.
Cast on 6+, can be cast again every second if failed (at 5+ starting from the 4th attempt).
Rolled: 3, miss, side effect 6 childish for 1 minute
Rolled again 4, miss, side effect 3, aging cancels childish,
Rolled again 1, miss, side effect 3, more aging.
Next time the spell is B.+1 well known. :D
But the very bad roll (1 when 6 was required) triggered a reaction from Ghurk. :x

-=-=-

In the water, rolled again for casting (conditions can’t be worse anyway), 6, cast, side effect 4 deafness (this time, it is total deafness, but for only 1 minute).
Result: +3 attacks each, +3 S, but for only 6 seconds.

-=-=-

In the water, it takes now two minutes to untie Ghurk.
Malus99
Scourge
Scourge

Post by Malus99 »

Red... wrote:P.S. Congrats on the exam Malus99, and hope the others go well too!

Thankyou :)

Red... wrote:(That will, at least, provide some commiseration for when Kaladeth loses in TMRS! :P)

I suppose we shall have to just wait and see on that one, won't we? :twisted:
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

smiler666 wrote:OOC: I assume that Marcelus not doing as he (I) planned to do had something to do with not being allowed to use Karl as my own personal holy hand grenade? Oh well, at least it turned out good for me
@ all
When you post publicly something and you PM me another thing, please make sure that I can understand which part of the post remains and which part has to be discarded. I reserve the right to interpret what remains from the public post, as long as the PM is respected.

@ smiler666
I probably did not pick up clearly your intentions.
I was not sure about taking off the bonds: first action or done later?
I see no point in crouching if Marcelus was no longer tied, so I assumed that taking bonds off would be done later, at close distance.

Your PM started with:
"Marcelus will crouch-walk toward Karius until he gets within a few paces".
This was done. I added taking the flaming mace because it seemed logical and after Marcelus passed the "I" test.

Then, as Marcelus came closer, something unexpected happened: Ghurk was afraid of fire.
After he jumped into the water, what remained of the PM had become irrelevant.
Anyway, I was not sure to understand what you meant doing with Karl.
I was glad in had become no longer necessary.

@ Kinslayer
Waiting for your post before I solve the fireball (if it gets off).
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

fair enough bossman, from now on anything I PM you assume that it is to happen after the main post unless I say otherwise
Opus vos liberaverit
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Sorry for the delay, had a really busy weekend & monday. I will post up in the next hour or so.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

smiler666 wrote:fair enough bossman, from now on anything I PM you assume that it is to happen after the main post unless I say otherwise
Inbox - Message
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:40 pm
Subject: more TMRS skullduggery
If Karius goes underwater to avoid the fireball then Marcelus will attempt his greatest spell so far: a flame cage over the entire surface of the pit-water, it's unlikely to work, but hey I'm up on the rock and he isn't so

If Karius does anything else (except of course take a fireball in the face) then Marcelus will step back out of sight to make any magical attacks that little bit harder to cast and use the flaming mace to burn his bonds... and quite probably his wrists.
First spell: fireball.
A.+0 B.+1 C.+1 (a light wound) D.+0 (visual) E.+2 (6 sec) F.-2 G.+0 H.-1 I.-2 J.-1 (average) K.+1 (terrible) total -1+fluff, cast on 3+
Rolled 5, cast, side effect 4, deafness for 1 min (who cares?).
Fireball was cast.

Reaction: Kairus avoids the firebell, which effect is inaccurate, so it hits Ghurk with his breastplate. The armour provides enough a magical protection.

-=-=-=

Second spell: flame cage.
A.+0 B.+0 (>9+ to cast in RB) C.+0 (whole surface of the pond) D.+0 E.+2 (6 sec) F.-2 G.+0 H.-1 I.-2 J.-1 (average) K.+2 (automiscast), total -2, cast on 5+.
Rolled 3, failed. Miscast 5, loss I, radius 3 m (Smiley Karl becomes brainless).
Tried again (cast on 6+ because of lost I), rolled 3, failed, miscast 4, loss D, radius 30m (whole pit, i.e. the four protagonists).
Tried again, rolled 6! :D Cast! Miscast still, rolled 2, loss S. Radius... 30 m again! :roll:

Inbox - Message
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:15 pm
Subject: Kairus in the pit (again)
Hi mate, sorry for the delay I had a busy few days. You will have to see my post in the game thread before you read these actions and they continue on from that...

Once under the water, hopefully avoiding death by fireball even if the water does heat up somewhat uncomfortably, Kairus will immediately cast a small only partial Transformation of Kadon, using his last feather component to turn his head into that of a sea dragon. This should allow him to breathe underwater (as he will grow gills). He will then swim, hopefully unseen, through the water until he reached the base of the spur. He will then swim around it for a few meters, so that he comes back to the surface at an unexpected angle. He will then take a huge mouthful of water, as in my mind sea dragons can shoot water and not fire... and burst from the surface with a powerful kick!

He will spit a huge stream of water at the unfortunate Fire Mage, soaking him, humiliating him, depowering him... and hopefully blasting him into the water.

Gyarados used hydro pump

If his first spell failed, he will instead cast Panns Inpentrable Pelt upon himself for a toughness boost (to help fight off the cold)... and will drag himself back to shore the old fashion way.

If that is the case, he will lump Marcelus around the head with his fist hard enough to knock him into the water anyway. Since he will be soaking wet, Fire spells should bounce straight off?
Spell: Transformation of Kadon
A.+0 (self transform) B.+0 (hard GW spell) C.+1 (self) D.+2 (touched) E.+1 (6 min) F.-2 G.-1 (unstable) H.-1 (quick) I.-1 (component destroyed) J.+0 (average) K.+0 total -1+fluff, cast on 4+.
Rolled 5, side effect 4, loud noise (but Marcelus is deaf).
Dragonhead for 6 min.
Enough time to swim below surface.

-=-=-

After a while, the whole pond illuminated with fire, for 6 seconds.
This time, the armour fails its save, Ghurk is severely wounded.
No worry, magical wounds don't last, and this one was for 6 seconds.
Kairus was still underwater.

-=-=-

Failing an I test, Kairus did not consider searching for some kind of stairway to the spur.
Instead, he went on first with his prime idea of spitting water.
Missed D test, the spur was soaked but not the flaming torch.
Now, Marcelus was aware that a dragonhead is agressing him.

Marcelus franctically took his bonds off. It took 2 min to get bounds burned. The gag is taken off immediately after.
Meanwhile, Kairus tried to find a way up. It took 3 min.
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

At this point the fight is really just over pride, whoever wins in the pit now will ultimately loose in the next one from the sheer amount of stat-damage we have both taken. That said though it has been epic :D
Opus vos liberaverit
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

smiler666 wrote:He turned to Karl and ordered the once-man forward, it just stood there grinning so Marcelus booted it off the edge of the spur
Kicking a wounded warrior? What a shame?

@ Kinslayer
Spell: The strength of the bear = the Bears Anger spell / (Savage Beast of Horros)
A.+0 (aggression) B.+1 (now, well known!) C.+1 (self) D.+2 (touch) E.+1 (6 min) F.-2 G.+0 (ground) H.-1 (1+1s) I.-2 J.+1 (total concentration afterwards) K.+0 total +1
Cast on 3+, can be cast again if failed, no change.
Rolled 5, cast. Side effect 6, tiredness.
Result: +3 attacks, +3 S.

-=-=-

@ all
Fight:
Marcelus: WS4 - S3 - T3 – D1 – I4. Flaming mace. +1 to wound, flaming.
With a I test, he realized that if Karl was worthless, his amulet wasn't.
Now Marcelus carries the amulet.
amulet of flame cage – 6 seconds enveloping a group of 2-12 at visual distance for 6 seconds, light burns if target remains still, severe burns if moving, burns autoheal after 6 seconds but the fire may ignite inflammable material - no side effect.
Marcelus triggers the amulet just as the two Candidates are striking. Save missed. Kairus starts with a severe wound (lowering his stats once more).

Kairus: WS3 - S2 - T2 – D2 - I4. +3 attacks, but barehand (I'll make it -1S) and exhausted (I'll make it -1 WS) in addition to a severe wound (-1 to all stats).
Adjusted profile: WS1 - S3 - T1 - D1 - I3 - 3 attacks. Severe wound.

-=-=-

Combat:
Marcelus has 1 attack, hits on 3+, wounds on 2+, no armour
Kairus has 3 attacks, hits on 5+, wounds on 4+, no armour

Marcelus hits, but fails to wound (rolled 1).
Kairus hits once, fails to wound.
Second round, Marcelus hits and wounds,
Kairus misses.

-=-=-

@ Kinslayer
Now you have time for RL business. ;)
It was great to have you participating into TMRS, and in such a way! :D
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Well that sucks! Well played, Marcelus.

Well, Ghur might not be the strongest power, but I definately proved it was one of the toughest 8)

Calisson, will there be a sign up thread for TMRS2? I have another character in mind already.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Kinslayer wrote:Calisson, will there be a sign up thread for TMRS2? I have another character in mind already.
I intended to let you play Bloodbowl first.
I won't do it during Chistmas time.
Otherwise, it is ready, the plot, the slightly updated magic system and so on.
If I'm not too busy in January, I could start it.
The whole purpose will be to make magic items (and to fight each other with magic & magic items).
It will be open to every intelligent race (even remotely) except Slaans and daemons. It will be open to all Lores, including race-specific Lores, religions, alchemy, mechanics, runes...
You may wish to see the thread posted before you initiate another druchii mage.

Before, your comments are welcome here => The Magic Reality Show (TMRS) – Lessons Learned
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

The idea with the BBRPG is to let the players pick the pace, and for the game to just run hopefully for an undetermined period of time. If a member can no longer play, the team can recruit a new player. If there is another game like TMRS going on and taking some of the players time and focus, they can slow down the pace for a while. For as long as they are active, I will keep moderating the game. So if you want to run one in January, be my guest. But can I post my character in the mean time, to "claim" my chosen power?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

You'll get a spot reserved, aye aye, no need to post it right now.
Running TMRS2 will depend on my availability. Excellent at present, unsure next year.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Well in that case I am staking my claim over Azyr (Heavens) now ;)

Oh, and if any of you budding RPGers want to start an actual RPG group at some point, there's now five players waiting in the pool ;)