The Magic Reality Show (TMRS) - OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ Khel
The bells are the ring's side effect. They stay with the ring, not with you.
They stop after the 12th stroke of midnight.
They will resume only if you use the ring (again, till midnight).

@ all
Please specify if the group is "West" or "East".
Also, I'm looking for titles for the two threads which will be used for the Day:
TMRS - West Side Story
TMRS - Once upon a time in the West
TMRS - Wild Wild West
TMRS - All Quiet on the Western Front
TMRS - East of Eden
TMRS - Let The Evil Go East
TMRS - The Wicked Witch Of The East
TMRS - Beasts From The East
... (your choice)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

So for a clarification. Every time I use the item now... I get exhausted for 45 minutes?
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Yes.
In practical terms, just roleplay it.
If you need absolutely to do anything, go ahead and do it.
Roleplaying side-effects is meant to be fun, not to be a game killer.
Could have been worse: ding, dong, until midnight.

Magic objects made by rookies suck, for sure!

@ all
apparently, making teams seems to be already THE challenge of the day! :lol:
Never imagined that...
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I thought you might have learned from group 34, properly role played Druchii don't make friends easily and especialy not wizards.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

indeed, the only difference is I only have 2 or 3 major egos to police, you have 6 :D
Opus vos liberaverit
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Looks like forum ate an entire page for me... lets see if I can correct that.

There, fixed.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Quest in the West,
Beast in the East.

(assuming I go East) :lol:
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Kinslayer wrote:"We'll take the Death Mage."
He's dead... :roll:
You take curious decisions... :lol:

@ all
Shall I proceed?
Beast in the East:
Ghur (Beast wolverine, hearing-impaired, shade outcast): Kairus (Kinslayer)
Ghyran (Life naked, lilly smelling, spitting wolf woman): Artemii (Drainial)
Dhar (Dark corsair's bell ringing, mother in law tempered, Ark sorceress): Kaladeth (Khel)

Quest in the West:
Aqshy (Fire pyromaniac, sulfur smelling, bald smith): Marcelus Lycanius (smiler666)
Ulgu (Shadows spasmiac Covens sorceress): Vaelreth Velkyn (Dalamar)
Khaine’s cult (childish, deaf eared, sweating priest of blood): Metarchis Avax (Red...)
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Calisson wrote:
Kinslayer wrote:"We'll take the Death Mage."
He's dead... :roll:
You take curious decisions... :lol:

@ all
Shall I proceed?
Beast in the East:
Ghur (Beast wolverine, hearing-impaired, shade outcast): Kairus (Kinslayer)
Ghyran (Life naked, lilly smelling, spitting wolf woman): Artemii (Drainial)
Dhar (Dark corsair's bell ringing, mother in law tempered, Ark sorceress): Kaladeth (Khel)

Quest in the West:
Aqshy (Fire pyromaniac, sulfur smelling, bald smith): Marcelus Lycanius (smiler666)
Ulgu (Shadows spasmiac Covens sorceress): Vaelreth Velkyn (Dalamar)
Khaine’s cult (childish, deaf eared, sweating priest of blood): Metarchis Avax (Red...)

Fixed that - I meant Dark :lol:
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

don't worry kinslayer, lucky for you I modposted before I read this - you would have been surprised how clumsy miscasting could make you while around long drops :twisted::lol:

to the rejection post *batman theme*
Opus vos liberaverit
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

In the pit:

Remember, you're in the total dark.

This has a strong influence on the spell effect: D. Distance.
You better cast spells at breath's distance (D.+1: 2m, possibly 3m). The direction must not be awfully wrong.
If you need to cast further away, D.+0 (visual distance) will not provide any benefit as you see at 0 m (the spell uses the visual ray to propagate).
D.-1 (known place) could work, assuming you knew were to aim. That would work well if it affects the whole room or a large part of it (C.+0). If you aimed at one specific person (C.+1), you risk that the person had moved away.

Oh, and of course the lapping of the sea in the echoic cave prevents you to hear if anyone moves. But who would dare to move next to a chasm in total dark on a slippery platform? If you would like to do it silently, you can PM me.
If anyone provides light, that will change.

With that in mind, I'll try to prepare the spells mentioned (you can rectify if you wish).
I assume you cast them BEFORE freeing your hands.

Savage Beast of Horros
A.-1 (transform) B.+0 (it's a 10+ spell) C.+1 (assuming Artemii has not moved). D.+1 E.+2 (6 seconds seems enough). F.-2. G.+0 H.-1 I.-2 J.-1 K.+1 (terrible, for 40s) total -2, with I=4, cast on 6+. :roll:
If you cast it on yourself, that would be A.+0 and D.+2.
If you keep a hard concentration during the effects rather than cast something else, that makes J.+0 (averaging).
You could cast it on 4+, detrimental side effect, on yourself rather than Artemii.

Flock of Doom
Kaladeth has no vision for the moment... But let's see the MM.
A.+0 (aggression) B.+1 (well known) C.+1 (1 target) D.+1 (breath distance - assuming the target is still in the rough direction) E.+0 (you don't want the wounds to autoheal after 6 s or 6 min) F.-2 G.+0 H.-1 I.-2 J.+0 (averaging, but you would need to concentrate on the crows and do nothing else as long as you want the MM effects to last). K.+1 (terrible, potentially until morning) total -1, cast on 4+.

I will not roll for these spells until Kinslayer confirms or modifies.
Last edited by Calisson on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Just do it. Kairus will use the option with the best chance of success, even if it affects him badly. Hopefully the crows will confuse Kaladeth further into falling, and their sounds give Artemii an indication of where to aim her spear.

;)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Malus99, in a PM Posted Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:25 pm, "Actions in the pit", wrote:Hey Calisson, I intentionally kept my intentions in the pit vague because I wanted to perform them on the sly hoping that a bit of duplicity will help me out of this, which would obviously be foiled by my announcing what I was going to do. So I thought that I would give the appearance of Kala trying to untie the ropes when in fact she is going to try and cast a spell.
I am fairly certain that the other two are going to unite against me so I am going to pretend to untie my wrists when in actual fact I am pouring all of my concentration into a chillwind spell in the hopes that I can unbalance one of my enemies with a buffet of wind if they turn against me and pitch them off the edge of the spur. I know I said I wasn't about to sign a friend's death warrant, but I never said they were my friends :twisted: so I shall coldly calculate both their murders in true Druchii fashion, hoping that someone might take pity and do the work for me first, but not relying on that rather forlorn hope.

Kala will not fire off the spell unless someone attempts to cast a spell at her or moves towards her in preparation for an attack, she will spend all of the intervening time in preparing to cast to gain the biggest bonus possible

Where is Kala's carbuncle ring and what is in the bag (or do we have to find out?) Kala will use all the power available to her to cast this spell (including anything left of the ring's power if she can use it).

Chillwind:
a: aggression? 0?
b: +1
c: 0 (aiming at their general area of the spur)
d: 0
e: +2 (6 seconds should be plenty of time)
f: -2
g: 0
h: 0 (However long she has, which I'm hoping is going to be several minutes)
i: -2
j: -1 (Can I have an average of 0 for intense concentration to the point of being almost completely unable to do anything else, whispers and her hands moving as much as possible but not being able to do a loud and bright casting due to secrecy?)
total= -1 or -2

Now all I can do is pray that your dice are feeling more amenable this time :lol:
Now, everyone knows what really happened.

Kairus casts Savage Beast of Horros on himself ("Just do it. Kairus will use the option with the best chance of success").
With success. The side effect is - no surprise - noisy, made of growls. However, the spell requires so strong a concentration that nothing else can be achieved.
I'd assume that the next thing Kairus would do after freeing himself is to cast the same spell again at Artemii, this time with free arms moving and possibly touching her, before casting the other spell.

Kaladeth casts her own spell (see PM above).
Chillwind:
a:+0 b:+1 c:+0 (aiming at their general area of the spur => will hit both) d: (+0 => made +1, can't see in the dark anyway) e:+2 f:-2 g:+0 h: (+0 => made -1, you don't have time) i:-2 j:-1 (average for intense concentration to the point of being almost completely unable to do anything else) K:+0
total=-1
Cast successfully. Side effect exhaustion (for the duration of the spell, 6 seconds, so never mind).

Let's see if Artemii's spell was interrupted or not. Dice roll: it was. No effect, no side effect.
It would have been:
A.+1 (knowledge) B.-2 (new) C.+1 D.+1 (breath range would suffice in that cave) E.+1 F:-2 G.+0 (in the water, it becomes -1) H.-1 I.-2 J.-1 K.+2 automiscast, total -2.
Finally, automiscast was rather harsh a price to pay. This was the kind of spell not to cast in a hurry.

The icy push surprised both targets, who had to test for Dex to avoid stepping in the void.
Both failed, Kairus with a 6 result to the D test.

In addition, this is a MM, it hurts.
Artemii is now temporarily lightly wounded. Kairus was already wounded, he would now be badly hurt. However, his magic armor absorbed the wound.
After 6 seconds, the wounds are autohealed as the magic vanishes.

Artemii is in the water (her spear too, but attached to her ;) ). She has not started to untie her bonds.
- Instead of d6-Dex+5 to untie the bonds, it requires twice as much because of the panicking situation and because the need to breath sometimes.
- The water is cold. Very cold. Artemii is used to cold, but not to bath in icy water. Her T is average. She can survive in the water something like d6 x 5 min (that's much, much longer than in RL).
Finding a way to the invisible spur is not an easy task, especially with her bonds.

Kairus is in the water, but much deeper. His problem is not yet the survival in the cold, but getting to the surface.
He does not know in which direction to swim, or at which distance. He is at one minute from drawning.
His buoyancy is hindered by the weight of his armor. At least, his hands are free.

Wow. :shock: What a dramatic acceleration!
Malus99 knows already what is a desperate situation bathing in the cave (a previous life experience).
He once reacted cleverly but was not favoured by the dice gods.
What will Kinslayer and Drainial find out? :P
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Artemii triggers her staff. It will give her 6 more minutes (the staff works for that long) before she starts feeling the effects of cold.
She will smell roses one more time, also, good for the morale - that should grant the choice between the best two dice for the "cold in the water" roll!
Artemii starts swimming straight ahead (as far as she can judge). Was the cave really that large? Finally, she hits a wall.
Not knowing in which direction to follow the wall, she finishes her long spell preparation (5+1 min, see below).

Spell: Artemagliite's Sunlight.
A.+1 (knowledge) B.-2 (new) C.+0 (room) D.+1 (breath distance, will do it again if necessary) E.+2 (6 seconds, to be done again after swimming) F.-2 G.-1 (unstable) H.+0 (5 min preparation, 1 min between each blink of light) I.-2 (none) J.+0 (light move, hard concentration) K.+1 (terrible), for a total of -2 to cast, i.e. cast on 5+.
That's the best she can do without getting an automiscast.
The next attempts will be at 4+ because B. becomes -1; or she can cast it at a longer distance (I believe the best would be to cast at 4+, because anyway she will not necessarily swimm straight).

The idea is to cast the spell every minute, while swimming slowly, for a 6 seconds weak light illuminating at 2 or 3 m distance. In between, Artemii will swim in the appropriate direction.
The chasm is only 10 m radius, seeing at 3m and swimming in between should suffice to reach some kind of platform where to rest.
Of course, the light will be faintly visible and the spell casting will be faintly audible.
Malus99
Scourge
Scourge

Post by Malus99 »

Booya! Score one for the mistress of darkness! Anyone want to re-negotiate? :twisted:
Veni, Vidi, Voro!!!

All things perish, this is the law of existence, accept your suffering and your mortality, only by using this truth, can you transcend it.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

@ Kinslayer: please read your PM

@ all
Let me remind that the cave is totally dark. No light.
You can hear splashes, with a very raw direction. You cannot hear small noises, they are covered by the sea constant lapping.
It is very hard to tell whether there are one or two persons swimming around.
It is still dangerous to move on the spur with no light at all. I suggest extraordinary precautions.

As far as I understand, the first light "may" come after several minutes of swimming by Artemii, and will last only for seconds.

As a consequence, I don't see how Kairus could see where the surface.
As far as I know, Kinslayer's post is just intention.
even if he did, I cannot understand how he could be targeted in the total darkness. Or is this an intention, too?

OK, enough rant, I'll try to sort this out.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I was assuming if Artemii cast her illumination spell, I would be able to catch a glimpse of the light on the surface (I can't be THAT far under just from falling in...?)

I will read PM now - sorry I look on here on my phone a lot and it does not alert me to new PMs.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Trouble is that it will take several minutes before any light comes...
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Follow my PM, I hadn't read yours. Thanks ;)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

In the pit - end.

Artemii's light was cast after 6 min, failed, so the first light arrived 7 min after the splash. Side effect 6, of course, not lasting.

Kala’s Spell: Miniature bladewind: A.+0 agression B.+1 C.+0 => tiny and chirurgical D.+2 E.+2 F.-2 G.+0 H.-1 I.-2 none J.+0, OK K.+0 total +0. Cast with 6, side effect 5 (agressivity!), no miscast.

Kala’s homing device: A.+1 B.-1 (well done) C.+1 (one person, not necessarily a specific person, or you would have to make it “accurate”, i.e. +0)
D. Visual distance does not work. It requires the visual LOS from the eye. No LOS, no +0. Make it -1.
E.+2 F.-2 G.0, H.0 (takes 5 min + 1 min) I.-2, J.+1 K.+0 total -1+fluff. Rolled 2, near miss. Side effect 2, pestilence. Next try, success. Negligible side effect.

Simultaneous with Artemii. I rolled to see which one happened first.

Doombolt. 2D6 hits at high strength. I allowed a magic resistance for all of them, still 2 hits… That was a temporary magic death, till midnight. More than Artemii could resist in the cold water.

That ends Artemii's career. :(

For Kairus, there was an intervention by Kurnous, seemingly.

I will post the next morning... tomorrow morning.
The night was evenful enough.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well that sucks, I am not certain exactly why the doombolt targeted me anyway, wasn't Kairus the target?
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

I think I was out of sight under the water so it hit you instead. It looks like a seal came and rescued me even though I chopped its brother up and made him into a fancy shirt.

Good RPing with you Artemii. Looks like now I am on my own!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Drainial wrote:Well that sucks, I am not certain exactly why the doombolt targeted me anyway, wasn't Kairus the target?
@ Drainial

- Kairus was the desired target for the fetch spell, not for the doombolt spell. What killed Artemii was the doombolt spell, which was cast at a dozen of foes - when Artemii was the only "visible" target.

- The desired target for the fetch was one person, indeed.
But the area of effect paid for was inaccurate. So, "one person" could means "one loosely defined", instead of "one specific".
If a Mage wants to be certain to snipe one specific person, he should cast the accurate version, or cast at a range where there is only one person (such as touch with both hands), or designate that target with his eyes/breath.
C. Area of effect.
+1: affects 1 person; inaccurate
+0: affects a dozen persons; accurate

- At that time, there was no "visual" distance (vision range = 0m), so I replaced D.+0 with D.-1.
D. Distance.
+0: at visual distance,
-1: in any known place,

The surface of the water can be considered "known". Not the depth. Kairus could not be located at that time.

- All together, when the fetch spell was cast, only Artemii was in "range". She was a legitimate target (one person). She was targeted.

- Anyway, even if the doombolt targeting spell had not been cast successfully, the faint light would have betrayed Artemii sooner or later. In 6 seconds, that was more than enough to trigger the ring of Karaidon.
The fact that Artemii was providing the light had become a death sentence because of the ring.

This is a game of attrition. The rule of the game was that someone had to quit. Harpy quest was the last time the Candidates would RP for a prolonged quest.
Sooner or later, the same fate will happen to everyone but one.
Your reaction shows that you had no more will to leave than anyone else, which is a good thing. It proves that all of you are hooked by the game.

Thank you for playing.
TMRS2 is already designed. I'll wait for TMRS1 to end up, and see what happens with Blood Bowl RP.
You'll be more than welcome to try again your talents, this time with a skill level 2.
It would be nice if you could leave your comments in The Magic Reality Show (TMRS) – Lessons Learned in order to improve TMRS2.

Of course, you're more than welcome to keep following TMRS1.
As Artemii was victim of a violent, unnatural death, I would not be surprised to see her ghost haunting the island where she will have no peaceful rest. Especially where Kaladeth intervenes. ;)

@ Kinslayer.
The seal meeting Kairus had two possibilities:
- to claim revenge on his brother's assassin and his own aggression on the beach;
- or to rejoice that his lost brother was reincarnated into a new shape but still the same smell (yes, smells are perceivable underwater).
I made an I test. Seals are not as clever as dolphins... :roll:
Kinslayer wrote:he also pulled one of the black raven feathers from his pocket. The mundane item would help him cast his spell.
Kairus lost 1 component, somewhere in the ocean (forgot to mention yesterday). ;)

@ all
Hope you appreciated the dramatic bounce in the intrigue. :P
I'll work now on the next day, nearly done.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Presumably the speed bonus will be based on edit date rather than original post date? Otherwise it would encourage people to post a two word post off the bat and then edit it later...

Oh, also, do you mean 'pale' (as in stake) rather than 'pal'? Sorry to be pedantic, but obviously the exact position/state of the slave makes a difference to what we do...
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Edit time, aye aye, that is what I had in mind.
I intend to publish the order along with the poll.

Pale, not pal :lol:
Blame my poor English.
Betrayed by some specialized vocabulary which ought to be used more often. :evil:
<quickly editing the IC post>
<EDIT: IC post edited, along with some other details>

For the fluff, see Branwen, Daughter of Llŷr, wiki/Four_Branches_of_the_Mabinogi.
There is a mention of a cauldron in which the deceased would be plunged, and they were ready to battle again - but they could not talk anymore.