Group - 36 Sign up

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Thank you for offering but I think if I'm honest I won't always have the time to keep up :( I look forward to seeing what you do though :)
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Syjahel wrote:Thank you for offering but I think if I'm honest I won't always have the time to keep up :( I look forward to seeing what you do though :)
Thats cool just figured you should have the opportunity.. ^^
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Evazorek
Trainee Warrior

Post by Evazorek »

altering my chracter now will post changes up shortly.

If you read the background carefully, the sword is not active at present other than being a long sword, the blade will not unleash its power until its wielder is skilled enough to use it.

As such Evazorek has left Ghrond in search of work that will help him become more skilled so the blade may deem him worthy, I wrote it this way so that in game terms he would have a basic long sword. Also he is not a noble as such but the son of a noble. He is of noble birth but he holds no power or seat of authority.

Hope these facts are still ok for the character to be included?
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

well the thing with the sword is it indicates that it has more power. It might not be active at the moment. But the thing with a RP is that you get better equipment slowly as a group! But if you already got a "super" short sword. Even if it is not active you will still keep it. While the other char slowly gets better equipment and equipment that suits their final fighting style.
The thing with the noble is that as a noble and even a war hero, he would never let a simple ship captain boss him around. Neither will he as a noble born druchii be able to respect his follow merc... Fluff wise. If you are sure you want him to be nobleborn and choosing by own free will to leave that for mercenary. Then he should be very humble and take place next to the other druchii.

Post you altered char and let me take a look. :D
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Evazorek
Trainee Warrior

Post by Evazorek »

Name: Evazorek Eleset
Sex: Male
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 110lbs

Appearance: Pale skin almost to the point of being grey with a slight blue tint. Deep, predatory eyes the colour of the darkest shade of obsidian. Long black hair pulled tightly into a military top knot.

A single scar crosses the left cheek which he received from a duel of honour with a rival from his youth. Evazorek is tall and lithe, covered in heavily defined muscles; the body of a dedicated warrior.

Evazorek wears a set of fine clothing in sea dragon green. A matching set of boots and belt made from cured and reinforced human hide. Over this Evazorek wears his artfully crafted purple armour as is tradition in his house.

Character Class: Warrior
Character Statistics: WS-5 S-4 T-3 D-3 I-3
Starting Skills: n/a
STARTING EQUIPMENT
Sicarar: Long Sword P-3 S-3 (EP2)
Medium Armour P-3 H-2 (EP3)
House Eleset Heraldic Shield P-2 H-2 (EP2)

Background: Evazorek Eleset is a young noble of a family greatly respected in Ghrond. He is the second son of House Eleset’s current lord, Skirdor Eleset. Evazorek spent his youth with his brother Althalus being schooled in the ways of war, life in Druchii society and skills needed to succeed in a harsh and unforgiving world.

Evazorek took to learning like a moth to a flame. He had a great capacity for absorbing information and soon excelled in all of his classes, particularly sword combat and leadership. He was intelligent and deadly, but also quick to anger much like his father. Althalus was a lot more cold and calculating like their mother Dolabev, and it wasn’t long before Althalus began to plot his younger brothers’ demise.

Evazorek as the second son was not placed to take charge of the great house upon his father’s death, instead he would become a noble tasked with defending Naggaroth and leading part of Ghrond’s fearsome army. This suited the young noble just fine; He enjoyed tactics and war games and he was growing into quite a deadly swordsman. He had dreams of rising to be a Dread Lord serving Malekith and bringing swift death to the traitor’s who dwelt on Ulthuan.

His brother was not as skilled or as strong as Evazorek and a divide began to form between them fuelled by jealousy and a need to impress his tutors and father. When the brothers were nearing their 25th year, they were tasked with surviving in the wilderness outside Ghrond’s protective walls for 5 nights. Athalus saw this as his opportunity to strike and remove his favoured younger sibling.

On the third night in the cold, unforgiving wilderness of Naggaroth, the pair was making camp near a small outcropping of razor sharp rocks. Althalus strode away from the camp claiming he was going to fetch wood for the fire. What he didn’t tell his brother is that he had placed a magical lure at the camp which attracted beings of chaos. Evazorek was alone and unprepared when the beast men leapt from the shadows of the trees and attacked the camp.

Evazorek was no coward and he leapt at the beast men with whatever was to hand at the time. The fight lasted no longer than 50 seconds and by the end, four fully grown beast men lay dead around the camp. Althalus returned and to his shock his brother was still alive and what’s more, he had a collection of heads to take back as trophies.

Althalus was incredibly angry and frustrated that his plan had failed; he never expected his younger, idiot brother to have been a match for the chaotic beast men. He could contain his rage no longer; this was supposed to be his opportunity to rid himself of this whelp. Althalus let loose with a savage roar and charged at his brother.

Evazorek was shocked to turn and see the roar he heard had come from his brother who was running at him full pelt with his sword drawn. Without skipping a beat Evazorek drew his blade from its scabbard just in time to parry his brothers’ first blow. Steel rang against steel as blow after blow was deflected by Evazorek’s blade but he was beginning to tire.

The duel lasted what seemed like an age to the pair and after many blocked attempts, Althalus finally scored a cut straight across his brothers left cheek. Partly blinded and enraged by the spilling of his blood Evazorek launched at his brother with renewed aggression and power. As skilled with a blade as Althalus was, he could not stand up to his brother’s raw aggression and tenacity. Finally Althalus conceded bruised and bloody and fled the camp.

Evazorek was victorious and the fact he was still alive was a testament to his skill even at so young an age. He knew that he could not beat Althalus back to the city and that his brother would weave a tale where Evazorek tried to assassinate him and their father would believe him as it seemed more logical that way given Druchii society. It saddened Evazorek that he would not be able to return home but he buried that sadness with rage at his brothers foolish actions.

As he gathered up his meagre possessions and headed into the wilderness with no clear destination in mind, he swore by the twin moons that he would one day return to Ghrond and claim vengeance on his cowardly sibling.

Character Ambitions: Evazorek’s long term ambition is to be able to return home to the city of Ghrond and take vengeance upon his brother who tried to kill him during that fateful night some years ago. He cannot allow his brother to claim their father’s seat of power because it will spell certain doom for Evazorek but if he can build up his own power base before his brother then he may have enough influence to directly confront and remove him.
Last edited by Evazorek on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Evazorek
Trainee Warrior

Post by Evazorek »

ok i'll change them. I'll just remove the past glories and start him as a noble coming of age.
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

thats fine. If you edit in the Character creation thread i will add him to our OOC thread. and will make sure you get along with the other of us on the Island. I will incorporate your player in next mod post.
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Evazorek
Trainee Warrior

Post by Evazorek »

ok edited :)
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Carathyle maveric »

Other then that, Evazorek, make sure you don't overpower the type of armour your character wears. The description of the armour your character has is more of the type of Heavy armour instead of medium.

Medium armour is overall Chainmail, breastplate, pauldrons, leg pads(upper and lower separated) and gauntlets.

Light armour is overall Chainmail or a solo breastplate, Leg pads(upper and lower separated) and perhaps a gauntlet.

Heavy armour is described as: (see your description)

I've involved a "magical" sword as well, along with a "magical" shield. I've kept the details about the enchantments on the weaponry a secret and up to the Moderator to decide when it is revealed and what it contains.

On the thing about the weak soldier to a Grand General stuff, it's hardly possible to become a dreadlord without honourable deeds... like killing Alith Anar, or executing a dragon riding prince on his own mount for example(I can tell, my other character pulled off that stunt XD).

Being a noble of birth, I hardly doubt a nobleman would send his sons outside the city gates without any protection. This is what the Autarii do, not the nobility.

The thing is, what I've done with Ariël is: Add a bottle of blood to point out her sick mind, add a sword that whistles when touched BY blood and with magical runes engraved in its blade by her mother(to her, the effects are unknown), add a shield with different runes engraved on its rim(to her, effects unknown.)

What you've done MIGHT be plausible in a short story, written for fun. But in an RPG, a magical, extremely powerful(see your own words:
Evazorek wrote:He also is set on the path of becoming the greatest swordsman in the land of Naggaroth in the hopes that Sicarar will then deem him worthy(since when do swords have a mind of their own?) and unleash its true potential. He hopes that once the blade and he are as one, he will be an unstoppable opponent on the field and will claim the heads of many of Naggaroth’s enemies in the Witch King’s name.
) is the same as attacking a baby with a sword. It's just unfair.

Post changed during my writing, though it aims toward a thing that you didn't see Senluthan.

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
Evazorek
Trainee Warrior

Post by Evazorek »

thanks for the feedback I am happy with where Evazorek is now in terms of power and also his past. I like their being more blanks. I based it all on a character I have been developing for about a decade with a friend for an rp we were doing didn't really think that this is the beginning! sounds silly but I understand now.

I think I will add the nobles were with a patrol but decided to go exploring on their own for a bit (Althalus idea of course) as young men will so as to explain why they were out there.
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Carathyle maveric »

yes, but the point being is... the difference in armour types isn't completely correct... and what do you mean with Robes? A cloak?

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Point taken wasn't sharp on that detail. I focused on the background and forgot the rest, when a quick reading didn't catch that. But is good to have you on board as well. Monday evening at latest i will add you char from the pool and get you in the story.
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Evazorek
Trainee Warrior

Post by Evazorek »

thanks