Group 36 - Trouble with the old world

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Sim2k
Trainee Warrior

Post by Sim2k »

Having made a beeline for the druchii female Kairon now saw that she was more deadly than he had first surmised. For a split second he thought he saw her smile. Curse those corsairs for getting him mixed up in this!

The corsair leader had fallen, and his crew and companions were proving less than useless. The Khainite that opposed him was striking with venom, and the female shade was flicking shurikens with ease. To make things worse, Riddick had not yet thrown himself into the fight. Kairon would have liked to have had a Khainite on his side too.

It was too late now, Kairon was engaged in battle. The shade was waiting for him, deadly like the venomous spiders of Lustria, and beautiful and lithe like the ferocious panthers. Kairon blanked his mind, and drew upon the killer instinct within him, his eyes became cold, his grip on his sword became as steel.

He was prepared to draw his cloak around him in a flash in case the shade had more shurikens to throw. It appeared that she was out, that was something. He readied his sword, it appeared that she was ... waiting for him.

Kairon takes a swing at Nathra, aiming low, attempting a slash across the waist
Kairon of the Coiled Mist (Group 36 - warrior)

Stats: WS4 S4 T3 D3 I4
Equipment: Light Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Bastard Sword
Skills: None

I Love Daisy
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

OOC: Tala the dices have spoken, untill they reward you with frenzy as a skill, You will easy get out of it, so this post you go out of frenzy.
Nathra as well, the second shot hits, the other two fails on a 1.
Next deadline... I simply don't know when i will be able to get online again. At the moment monday, but who knows what will happen during the weekend.
But after a lot of dice rolling, this is the result:

IC: Nathra fired her first shuriken, and not even did she misjudge the distance, but also the exact location in the dark. And it passed its target by some distance. Her second shot however pierced its targets eye, leaving a dead druchii. And her last shot got intervened by Kairon, who started a fight with her, his charge intervened with her aim.

Talahisior hacked towards the druchii who wounded him, the corsair only managed to dodge the first slash, before he got stabbed in the neck. Talahisior spinned turning towards another druchii, and in five moves he left the druchii with a deadly wound in his guts.

Riddick couldn't stay out of it for long, one of the corsairs in Talahisiors and Nathras group, charged him, and in Riddicks surprise attack, he managed to slightly grasp Riddick on his right shoulder. but because of the speed in the charge, that was all he managed. That took Riddick so far out, that Talahisior in his Frenzy charged towards him, but it also caused doubt in him, so his frenzy slowly vanished when he was fighting Riddick.

Kairon charged Nathra, he stabbed, slashed and dodged, and even though he fought concentrated and skilled, it seemed that right from the beginning he was in the Shades pace.
Therefore he quickly got small cuts on his arms, and legs.
And wether it being luck or skill, the shade kept evading his attacks, sometimes only with a hairbreadth.

In the battle between Riddick and Talahisior, Talahisior only once managed to grace the other Khainite, but except for that small grace on his left arm, neither of them had managed to wound on another.

A lot of screams could be heard around them, as the druchii slowly fell in combat.
Only 5 battles in total were left.

So, you 4 are locked up in combat, and 6 druchii excpet for you are left. At this point nothing else than your comrades dying screams can be heard.
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

The Khainite fully immersed himself in slaughter. As he fought against his attacker, he gritted his teeth angrily as a second corsair interrupted him before he could take his trophy. As a reward for his interaction, the zealot cut at him with his swords, the blades chiming against cheap armour, before running him through in the abdomen. Withdrawing his blade, he dragged it sideways, spilling the Druchii's guts.

And then he found himself face to face with the draich wielding warrior. The murderous mist faded, and his mind cleared as his charge brought him to meet the dark haired Druchii. 'Have you found your courage yet?' he sneered, raising his swords and crouching in a position ready to launch a fresh attack.

"He seems to be some sort of Khainite..." Talahisior thought, sizing up his opponent. "Yet he does not wear the garb of the Temple." Doubt crept into his mind for a moment. "If he is though, I cannot suffer him to live, and report that he has seen one of my kind." His frenzy waned, his pupils narrowed to pin points. 'Step forth and fight, let Khaine favour his true servant!' he challenged.

Talahisior has paused, waiting for Riddick to attack. He will respond (depending how good Riddick is with a draich!) by parrying the haft with his left sword to angle the sharp draich head away from him, then slash across his knees with his right blade. He has a shoulder wound so isn't up to full strength with his right arm, hence using his left hand for defence.

OOC: And yes, I agree, frenzy isn't a skill for him yet, so it's not fair if he is able to turn it on and off when he pleases at the moment. ;)
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Sim2k
Trainee Warrior

Post by Sim2k »

Kairon slashed out again but the shade nimbly dodged his blow. She was fast as a wildcat, and had manged to draw blood on his arms in various places. These wounds were nothing, Kairon decided. He had suffered worse ... much worse.

The thought of the great scar across his chest, caused by a tentacle-claw reaching up at him from murky water, drove him on. He gritted his teeth, he had survived more dangerous foes than this woman.

The usual stuff wasn't working, she was too fast for him, too clever to be taken in by his feints and his footwork. In his mind's eye, he remembered a mighty nauglir he had witnessed once in the wild, threatened by a young druchii noble out to make a name for himself and become one of the great cold one knights. The nauglir had charged, enraged, and had torn the young fool to shreds.

Kairon wondered why that image had popped into his head, and chose to act upon it. He changed his stance, perhaps a new tactic would work...

Inspired by his memory of the cold one, Kairon will cry out and attempt to charge at Nathra, using his size and strength advantage to catch her off guard. He will attempt to unbalance her with a full force attack, and then follow up with a deadly blow

I Love Daisy
dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

Riddick lunged with his daggers flashing in the week light, the corsair that charged Riddick let out a surprised shout at the sudden attack and attempted a panicked back handed slash that nicked Riddick right shoulder but Riddick paid no thought to it as he sank the daggers in to the corsairs chest, but his left blade glanced of the chain mail armor, as the right hand blade parted the mail and slid smoothly between the ribs fouling the corsairs left lung.

Riddick felt the druchii go ridged and gargle in his embrace as he twisted the dagger and wretched it free. He stagerd of a moment before Riddick planted his boot to his chest and sent the corps spiraling backward. Riddick took stock of his serenading quickly noticing his lunge had taken him in to the middle of the melee, then he saw the other kainite rushing towards him,

Grinning Riddick sheathed his daggers and drew his draich from his back and held it one handed low by his side, as the kainite approached him he started snarling insults towards Riddick, making his grin broader as he listened. Brining his draich up level to his shoulder with the point of the blade aimed towards the kainite’s chest and the flat of the blade skyward. In a low and calm tone Riddick said kaine dose not fever temple dogs like you… the temple lost its faith long ago. And with that he lunged.

Riddick will faint a high thrust to the kainite eyes hoping its blocked then using the rebounded to swing the blade in a wind mill fashion to block and incoming trusts. Then bring the blade back to a thrusting pose, if the kainite rushes in he will use the length of the driach to his advantage trust towards his hip then step in to the blow closing the dissents and swing the draich from high low right to high left.
Twitter @dreadlord7476

the dead savoir nothing, revenge is a dish for the living

kailleth blackthorn Group 38
Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
2long swords, light armour, sheld
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nathra stepped out from behind the tree with a grin on her face in anticipation of the coming fight. She held her sword two-handed in front her in a defensive stance. Come to play, have we? His first swing was brash, she jumped back and used the tree to block the blow. After in-stepping quickly to flick her sword out at his exposed shoulder, she scored a nick on his arm - she was going to need more than a glancing hit to take this foe down - the corsair quickly recovered and launched into a series of attacks.

The raven-haired shade jumped, crouched, side-stepped and dodged his attacks, expertly scoring a few more hits as each of his barely missed. She had the advantage of speed and agility, but wore no armour. In the forest the shade was in her element. His weapon was the slower and more powerful, one wrong move and she'd likely lose a limb or be carved in twain.

After a few attacks and counter-attacks Nathra back-flipped backwards to give herself some manoeuvring room and the two of them were facing off again, she landed crouched amongst the foliage with her sword facing her enemy. This would have been the opportune time to launch a distracting shuriken at his face before she launched her own assault. Alas, she had none left.

Nathra will wait for Kairon to make the next move before counter-attacking.
She will step to his left or right and roll around him to get an opening on legs.

OOC: Not the greatest post I could have made - it's difficult to think when your friend is mowing down mutants with a shotgun! Would now be a good time to mention Nathra's harpy fetish? :roll:
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

OOC: So got time again for my next post... ^^ MG thinks 2-3 mod a week. If the rest of you agrees I will try to manage and get to a computer that often in my summer holiday. Just so you know, from now on all wounds, that you get I roll dice about. If you attack someone, I will roll dice for how the battle goes, and from the dices I will continue and make up the story.
And this time the dice fell on you Riddick! ... :twisted:
I will hopefully (probably) have a short trip to germany from monday to thursday, which will make it quite unthinkable that i can get to a computer. But I will then post when I get home thursday night/evening.
So if you will make sure you got your posts up at wednesday or thursday noon at latest.

IC: The sudden charge forward from Kairon surprised Nathra, the female shade was still however quite skilled managed to toss her out of the way to the right. But the evasion were to big for her to slash at his legs. And also for her to keep balanced, and the warrior were after her. He stabbed down at her exposed throat and the shade only managed to deflect the blow to lightly scratch her neck. Before she succesfully retreated, and got balanced again.

Riddick slashed his draich down, which Talahisior succesfully deflected, then dropped down to aim for his knees with his other sword, this was however expected from the Khainite, who parried the sword and immediately turned the defence to a thrust, however Talahisior easily avoided the stab. For a short moment they exchanged blows without any effect, as a hunting dog suddenly jumped at riddick, it aimed for his hand and bit at it, the khainite swang his arms and the dog as well, forcing it to let go, and before the dog had time to recover he killed with one hit from his Draich.

At this moment Valin who were one of the only other survivor, and just killed his opponent yelled:

We have to wait with the battle for later. They hunt us, and if we stay anymore we will get killed! NOW RUN!
Just as he turned to run for it he himself fell for a bullet next to the heart.
The two other druchii that were fighting each other didn't even think but just ran away from the barging and the trempling in the forest.

As you can figure it would be dumb to continue the fighting, Valin is wounded but not dead (yet) and he might still survive.
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

The razor edge of the heavy draich slide off his angled blade, and Talahisior lowered his stance taking the opportunity to slice across his opponent's knees. His move anticipated, he was evaded and quickly a thrust with the head of the great weapon was aimed towards him. Talahisior threw himself to the right, then hopped to his feet again before launching an attack on the Druchii's upper body. Hoping that he would be hindered by the heavier weapon, he aimed at the fellow's shoulders, neck, and head.

His opponent was able to parry with the head and shaft of his draich, and counter. He was skilled, all right. Talahisior narrowed his eyes as he thought about how to break an opening in his guard. More feints perhaps... or...

"Where did that dog come from?" He thought in surprise, as a hound leapt up from nowhere and bit the draich wielding druchii on the hand. The Khainite threw the animal off and then butchered it.

"Perfect." Talahisior smiled. "Khaine provides..." believing the distraction had granted him the opening he needed. He dropped to one knee and was about to stab upwards to his opponent's stomach area, when Valin began shouting. He was silenced by a gunshot.

'Khaine's teeth, what now?' the zealot complained, glaring at his opponent. Locked in combat, a true Khainite would not stop until death. Yet again the call to flee was given. 'Well, blasphemer... let us finish this. Come die on my blades so that this fight may be over.'

Talahisior isn't prepared to flee, and might need some convincing. Sorry Sen, but I can't see him running off from a fight. It would go against his fluff.
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

The nimble shade had jumped away but the corsair was quickly charging towards her. Given no time to think, Nathra dived to her right and rolled through the thick undergrowth, which tangled her up and impeded her progress. Heavy, crunching footfalls had followed - her opponent was not going to give up. She heard the flash of his weapon and instinctively blocked it with her own, wincing at the sting of pain in her neck.

She pushed her sword against his with all her not-so-considerable might, to push it away and give herself leverage. Simultaneously, she sweeped out her legs in a scissor motion to cut the legs from her opponent to make him tumble to the ground. Using the leverage from her weapon and the momentum of her legs, the shade twisted herself around like a corkscrew and rolled backwards onto her feet. Having regained her balance and her posture, Nathra prepared to attack the bastard-sword wielding foe.

But then, Valin called out that they were under attack. She heard the snarl of a dog, and then she heard a resounding boom. Nathra looked over just in time to see Valin lurched forward and tumble to the ground. No, Valin! Don't you get yourself killed... Momentarily distracted, the distraught shade again returned her attention to her opponent. Holding her sword two-handed in front of her, she slowly began to step backwards towards Valin, her emerald eyes flickering between him and the corsair.

What Nathra does next will depend on the actions of Kairon. She wants to disengage to see to Valin, but will continue fighting if Kairon won't let her.
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Sim2k
Trainee Warrior

Post by Sim2k »

His opponent glanced briefly in the direction of the shot druchii. Where had the hound come from? And the gun shot? No druchii would wield such a clumsy weapon, something was afoot.

He knew that in battle to hesitate was to die, but the shade seemed distracted, he allowed himself a moment's pause. He drew his sea dragon cloak around him and surveyed the battle. First he would need to ascertain what was going on, lest a stray bullet should find him too.

Kairon is on his guard and is surveying the battlefield to see what just happened. He is ready to guard from any new assailants, or slip into the undergrowth if need be. He also has one cautious eye on Nathra...

I Love Daisy
dreadlord7476
Cold One Knight

Post by dreadlord7476 »

Riddick and the kainite traded blows back and forth at a blood trusty pace, Riddick relished the thrill of the fight, but he was rudely interrupted by a mutt as it jumped out of the brush and clamped down on his right hand.

Cursing Riddick shuck off the beast and dispatched it with a back handed flick of the draich, then there was a sound like thunder and the druchii that was shouting fell dead. Riddick know that the time for fun was over, turning to flee in to the trees, the kainite he was fighting started taunting him, Riddick turned with a grin on his face, “if you want to finish this come and get me ur dead any way” he then turned and started to jog in to the brush,

Riddick will make a run for it, if someone gets to close to him he will spin mid run with his draich at gut height then countinue to run is the person is hit or he will fight if he has to
Twitter @dreadlord7476

the dead savoir nothing, revenge is a dish for the living

kailleth blackthorn Group 38
Warrior
ws5 s4 t3 d3 i4
2long swords, light armour, sheld
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

It seemed she was not the only one distracted by the sudden calamity approaching them. Her gaze flickered from Valin to the corsair once more, he had paused to survey the scene just as Nathra had done, and now wrapped his cloak about him in readiness for whatever transpired next. The shade judged it safe enough to disengage from the speechless enemy and turned to sprint over to where Valin lay groaning.

As always, Nathra used the trees and thick vegetation to mask her approach to her fallen comrade, who lay face down in the dirt. She knew he had been shot and there wasn't much time - the shade had already seen first hand what these human weapons were capable of. There was a bloody, gaping hole in his back bigger than her fist. Too bad I left my medi-pack on the ship, not that it would be any use here...

Nathra crouched over the sprawled body of Valin and laid a consoling hand on his shoulder. "Valin, it's Nathra. You saved my life, sorry I could not return the favour." She spoke, low and even, into his ear. And then she kissed him on a very pale and soggy cheek. "See you in hell." The raven-haired shade wasted no more time, she rose quickly to her feet and, with a swift two-handed strike, decapitated her friend.

There was no way Valin could be saved and he would only slow the group down. Nathra had done the only thing she could do, she ended his pain and saved him from the torment of being picked apart by the human dogs, and their hounds.

Nathra jumped back into the safety of a nearby tree.

Nathra will take a few seconds to gauge the strength and numbers of the human party.
She'll then retreat back into the forest using her shade skills to mask her withdrawal.
She'll also keep an eye on Talahisior and Kairon.

OOC: Hope you don't mind if Nathra kills Valin, Sen, might save you a sentence or two... :roll:
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

With Valin most likely dead, it just left Nathra out of their trusted band, with him against these new strangers. Introductions had not gone well at all, mostly thanks to their murder of Nardiz. The situation seemed impossible. They were most likely to die out here anyway, so might as well die with a sword in your hand. Their ship had been set on fire, the villagers seemed to have caught up with them, and their new companions bent on killing them. It as all Talahisior could do not to laugh at the absurdly bad luck they were having. He wondered if he would have been better in Vikarh, against the Temple spies and assassins sent to kill him.

'May the Lord of Murder strike you down for your shame, coward!' Talahisior roared, fury sweeping through him as his opponent mockingly calling that he chase him before fleeing into the woods. 'It will be my privileged task to carry out His sacred will!' he called, before running after the glaive wielding Druchii, his face a mask of hatred. With no regard for Valin or Nathra he pursued his opponent.

Tala is following Riddick to try and cut him down. Thanks dreadlord, that's a great idea to get Tala out of there! ;) He will chase him, aiming to cut wear him down with slashes across the back when he gets the opportunity.

Mod, Group 38
Sim2k
Trainee Warrior

Post by Sim2k »

Kairon watched. Before the source of the gunshot was even evident the rest of the druchii had made their moves. The two Khainites had darted off through the wood, bellowing curses at each other, and the shade had seen to her fallen comrade and melded into the undergrowth. Kairon had witnessed the way she had granted the man a quick death, and then disappeared, like the shadow of a ghost. A worthy druchii.

Kairon had no more allies here, the corsairs were dead or scattered, there were new enemies in the woods, and the Khainite, Riddick, had left. The wilderness called him again, he knew, but these were strange places, in strange lands, with strange races. Although he was confident he could survive, he knew that times would be hard.

He decided to take his chances among the servants of Khaine.

Kairon will follow Riddick and Tala at a distance to see what will happen. He hopes that he may have an ally in Riddick yet so he may help him should he be needed, but, as a man of the wilds, he is always ready to disappear into the woods should things go badly

I Love Daisy