Group 36 - Trouble with the old world

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

OOC: Nice posting guys.. ^^ next deadline saturday night? say if thats inconvenient. ^^

IC: The first arrow Nardiz shot, hit and plunged into the base of the viper. However the second arrow, also hit the viper, but bumped off on one of its scales. At the same time, both nardiz and Talahisior ran towards the viper, Talahisior pierced the left eye with his remaining sword, and Nardiz its right eye with a shot from a very close distance.

If you look around, this is what you can see: The far end of the cave (from where the man came from) the ceilng has fallen down, it will take 2-3 hours to remove the rubble, to be able to go through that exit, if its not completely collapsed. The pool is still the same, and there are still a druchii on the island. The reaver is lying in a pool of blood, both his own, and from the viper. He is still in the mouth of the snake. Evazorek is behind the two of you, half leaning against the wall, and half lying down, apparently dead. And kailleth is lying facedown, between you two and the closed exit, turned towards you. The entrance you came from is just in front of you behind the viper.

I think that is it. You are the only two remaining, and everything is quiet... for the moment.. If you check the viper aint breathing anymore. but i don't mind, if you just keep hacking on it... though you may destroy some valueble things... :D
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

Nardiz looked around ’Wow what a mess! Um I suggest that we gather our equipment, and after doing that goes thru the other guys pockets just to see if there is anything interesting. Oh and it might not be a bad idea to hurry up, don’t want that pale man coming back.’ While talking Nardiz looks for his arrows and tries to recover as many as possible. Nardiz suddenly stops ‘I wonder if we cut the head or the upper part of the snake of, if we could use it to scare the rats away. Taking that going back is the only way we are left with.’ Nardiz looks for his sword and shield. After finding it Nardiz cleans his blade, before putting it back in the scabbard. ‘Oh and what about using the venom from the snake to coat our weapons? It might work, but don’t cut yourself’ Nardiz says with a smile. Nardiz heads over to Kailleth and checks his pockets for anything that might be useful ‘Oh and please resist the need to drink the glowing water, don’t want to fight you again.’

Nardiz gathers his weapons again and start going thru Kailleth’s pockets, in the mean while he chats with Talahisior. Nardiz assumes that the snake is dead.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills: WS4, S4, T3, D3, I4
Equipment: Short Sword, Shortbow, 1 quiver of 17 (5 poison), Medium Armour, Shield.
Inventory: 12 gold, water bottle (1 liter).
Skills:
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Talahisior surveyed the aftermath, and nodded at Nardiz's remark. Noting the corpses scattered all around, he walked over to his lost second blade and picked it up. 'Yes, you might want to cut the snake's head off. We want to be sure it is dead.'

Looking at the partially collapsed cavern, the Khainite wondered what they were going to do now. 'If we manage to get out of here, we need to convince the crew that we didn't murder the Reaver. I suggest we take his body back to the ship with us as proof. The bite marks will show them it wasn't us. The last thing I want, is to be marooned on this wretched isle.'

Taking Nardiz's advice, Talahisior coated his swords with poison from the snake's fangs, and then pulled the Reaver free. 'I'll see if the Captain here has anything useful on him.'

He laughed at the warrior's remark about drinking the water. 'What can I say? I was thirsty!'

Talahisior has coated his swords with venom and is rummaging in the Reaver's clothing for anything useful. He will drag the body back to the ship.
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

Nardiz looks up when Talahisior talks about getting the reaver back ‘Oh yeah that is right didn’t think of that.’ Nardiz looks at the Reaver ‘That basted is going to be a pain to transport up to the surface.’ Nardiz walks over to the snake again and coats a few of his arrows (5) ‘Anyway i will get to work on cutting the head off then.’ When Nardiz is done his will coat his sword with the poison.

Nardiz will start cutting the head of the snake, when he is done he will coat his sword with the poison.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Equipment: Short Sword, Shortbow, 1 quiver of 17 (5 poison), Medium Armour, Shield.
Skills:
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

OOC: Nice guys not got much to add, only with how much succes you guys do your job. ^^ next deadline, if your conversation has ended, 2 days.. ^^

IC: Of the arrows, that pierced the snake, the one at the base the snake broke when it fell down on it. And the one through its eyes Nardiz succesfully removes, though with a bit trouble since it got quite far in. The one that completely missed the viper, boke when it hit the wall, and the one that bounced off can be reused. So Nardiz gets 2 out of the 4 arrows. After he head over to Kailleths body, he found 12 gold pieces in one his pockets. While Talahisior found 23 in the reavers pockets.
The poison that you coated the weapons with, are viable for 3 cuts with full poison, and another 10 where it doesn't completely paralyze but makes more damage than normal cuts. The arrows only got one full paralyze shot, due to, that they stay in the body they are fired at. And Nardiz succesfully cuts the vipers head off.

OOC: Spectre, how does you keep in check the coated arrows? And if any of you wants the equipment from the dead druchii, there are 2 shields, 4 long swords, a dagger, a sea dragon cloack with a bite hole, light armour, and a medium army as well, though also with a bite hole where the right arm meets the shoulder.

Good luck figuring out how you want to get out... ^^
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

Nardiz cuts thru the snakes head slowly and thoroughly, he makes his way to the spinal cord and with two quick chops he sewers it. Nardiz stands up and looks over at Talahisior ‘Okay the head is off now, um would you mind checking Evazorek’s pockets? I don’t really need anything, I am fairly satisfied with my equipment, so take what you want.’ Nardiz looks at the section of the roof that collapsed ‘I don’t know about , but I don’t really want to dig my way thru that mess, risking that the rest of the roof collapse, just to kill the tale pale man. What about we just make our way back up to the surface the way we came?’

Nardiz doesn’t want to dig his way thru the roof so he suggests that they head back up to the surface.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills:
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Talahisior finished rummaging the Reaver for useful items, and smiled as he found a pouch containing some gold. He stepped aside as Nardiz severed the snake's head, and nodded grimly as he searched Evazorek's still warm corpse.

'I'll only take what I can carry. The Reaver will be burden enough.' With that, he unclasped the sea dragon cloak from the slain captain, before undoing his thick hide plastron and greaves, replacing it with the medium armour. It was dented and a little too large around the shoulders, but would offer him better protection than the light armour, that he cast aside in the cavern. He disliked the purple enamel, but now he had his gold, he would be able to get it recoloured once they returned to Naggaroth. Fastening the cloak around his own shoulders, he noted the bite mark and arched a brow as he did up the clasps. The damage would reduce the value of the garment, yet it was still worth a small fortune.

'Agreed, let's get off this Khaine forsaken rock.' he replied, hauling the dead reaver over his shoulder.

Talahisior wants to go back to the surface too. He has taken the cloak and armour which he now wears. He also has the dead reaver as evidence they didn't murder him.
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

‘Do you have any ideas about what we could do when we run into the rats again? Do you think the snake head might scare them?’
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills:
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

'I'm hoping so.' The Khainite paused, an idea forming. 'You could skewer it upon your blade and carry it in front of you. Maybe the rats will think the entire snake is heading down their tunnel and will flee from it. Might just buy us enough time to get back to those ropes.'

It was a crazy idea, but it might just work. The Skaven were not renowned for their courage. If that failed, things didn't bode well for the Druchii. It was the two of them versus who knew how many ratmen. "Stay in this cavern, risk the sorcerer returning to finish us off... return the way we came, we risk getting gnawed to death." He thought, shaking his head as he looked at the tunnel through which they had entered the cave. "Well at least we survived thus far. Better than the others."

'Let's get going before this fool starts complaining.' He joked, patting the dead reaver slumped over a shoulder. 'Worst comes to it, we can always use him as bait.'

Mod, Group 38
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

‘Um yeah, think I will use the left over sword instead of my own through.’Nardiz picks to swords and puts them into the back of the snake head. Nardiz laughs at Talahisior’s joke ‘Yeah let’s go. Stay close to me, if we meet some rats that don’t run away, drop the reaver and take my left flank. Oh by the way would u mind carrying my shield?’

Nardiz picks two swords similar in length and skewers the snake head with them. If Talahisior don’t want to carry his shield, he will make a rope and tie it to the handle on the shield.
Nardiz will take point and if they run into rats he will try to hiss like a snake and move the head from side to side trying to scare the rats. If that fails he will drop the head and draw his sword and retrieve his shield from ether Talahisior or his back Nardiz will then rush the rats, trying to kill them before they alert others about the duchies’ presents.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills:
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

'Pass it here then.' Talahisior replied as Nardiz created his "rat scarer". The zealot slung the shield around his left arm, noting the combined weight of the heavier medium armour, the dead Reaver, and the shield.

'Just hope we don't have to run...' he added. His swords were sheathed on his hips and he felt uncomfortable. 'I do not have a hand free for sword wielding, so we need to be careful.'

He peered back at the tunnel again. 'And do we have any torches left? It's awfully dark down there...' He sighed to himself, the light from the glowing pool faintly illuminating the walls of the passageway. When they were out of range, would they be walking in utter dark? Perhaps it was just as well. It would allow more stealth, and would not give away their presence. Besides, they were sure to find some light eventually from the hole in which they had descended. If they got that far, of course.

Following Nardiz. If the Skaven, or anything else attacks, he will drop the dead Reaver and the shield so that he can draw his swords.

Mod, Group 38
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

OOC: Nice guys uhm guy and girl... :D well next deadline sunday night... ^^

IC: The two surviving druchii prepared to go back through the tunnel, Nardiz aiming for the snake head to be a distraction for the rats. And Talahisior was carrying most of their stuff. They were walking in complete darkness, due to the lack of torches.
Nardiz were walking in front, and moved the head from side to side, while Talahisior were walking just behind him, trying to be as stealthy as possible. They could hear that the rats were whined in fear and ran away, though the further they went for the hole, the braver the rats got. Only around 50 m away from the rope, they could see the light shine, but also the rats were just a couple of meters away. It seemed like they didn't dare come close to the Viper head.

On board of the ship, the corsairs were starting to be unpatient. The search party had been gone for 5 hours, and the storm had lessened. To pass time, the corsairs had made a ring, and were watching fights. Lietih were standing in the ring and watching the current fight. The corsair on the left had already beaten 2 opponents. And were fighting his third. Whoever won over him, would get a better share of the spoil from this raid. But the unlucky opponent got disarmed in a couple of fast strikes with his two swords and had to surrender with one sword against his throat.
The winning druchii were slowly spinning and looking out on the crowd then pointing his sword at Lietih How about you? you up for a fight? 8 gold pieces to the winner, and 2 percent on the spoil! How about it?

OOC: So guys this is the setup. Tala and Nardiz do you try to run, continue the steady moving forward or do you fight?
Tip: Rats are cowards!...
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

The Khainite walked slowly behind Nardiz in the pitch dark, hoping that he did not run into the back of him should he stop. Occasionally his foot brushed against some debris on the floor; old discarded bones, scraps of cloth or armour, then as they came across the scene of their earlier battle, the fallen corpses of skaven. They carefully stepped around the cumbersome obstacles, whining noises and scuttling claws heard as the rats smelled the snake and fled.

At last the darkness subsided as a single shaft of light illuminated the tunnel from the hole in the passage roof. Four lengths of rope dangled from above. But salvation was not yet theirs.

Alerted by angry squeaks, he looked ahead in the passageway and say a handful of vermin. They dared not come close, but chattered among themselves as if goading each other to be courageous enough to launch an attack. Talahisior gritted his teeth and whispered to Nardiz, 'What now?'

As Nardiz has the snake head and is in front, Talahisior will wait to see what he wants to do. He has the shield over his left arm and has the Reaver's corpse slung over his right shoulder which he supports in place with his right hand. His weapons are sheathed. He is standing very still and is trying not to give himself away, hoping the skaven have not seen him yet (fat chance!).

Mod, Group 38
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

‘On my mark, give me my shield, draw a sword and run to the rope. I will cover you while you tie the reaver to the end of the rope and climb up.’ Nardiz prepares to throw the snakes head to the rope, and cover Talahisior while he tires the reaver to the end of the rope and climbs up ‘Okay now!’ Nardiz throws the snake head with the 2 sword sticking out towards the end of the rope. Nardiz then looks over his left shoulder and reaches for his shield, while he draws his sword ‘RUN!’ Nardiz charges forward while he screams at the rats trying to scare them. Nardiz uses his shield to block any attacks from the left, while he chops at anything coming close to his right. Nardiz expects Talahisior is right behind him.

Nardiz will throw the snake head towards the rope, hoping that it will land close to the rope. He will then retrieve his shield from Talahisior, draw his sword and charge towards the rope while screaming like a mad man.

When Nardiz reaches the rope he will turn and start swinging his sword and shield wildly. If the opportunity to kill at rat occurs he will change the path of his sword and bring it down in a killing swoop.

When Talahisior is back on the surface Nardiz will sheet his sword and start climbing the rope while telling Talahisior to start pulling the rope up. Nardiz doesn’t expect Tala to be able to pull both him and the reaver up, but he will still ask Tala to do it.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills:
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

The rats shuffled menacingly as Nardiz described his plan. Talahisior nodded his understanding and readied himself for a dash. When word was given, the zealot lowered his stance, tossing the shield to Nardiz a split second after the warrior threw the serpent's severed head forwards. His left hand now free, he fumbled for a sword as he lunged behind the thrown head, freeing it from his left scabbard and holding it pointed forwards as he dashed towards the rope with the Reaver's corpse on his shoulder. "I hope this works..."

Talahisior is running to the ropes with a sword drawn, carrying the reaver. If the rats scatter, he will tie the reaver's feet to one of the ropes, then climb up. If the rats do not scatter, he will drop the reaver on the floor and prepare to fight.

If all does go well and Talahisior can climb the rope, he will pull Nardiz up first, the Reaver's corpse second (it may get nibbled...) :lol:

Mod, Group 38
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

OOC: Next deadline saturday night, Matt, I won't continue the story where you are unless you want to wait till after your exams.

IC: Nathra were standing on the faraway side of the ship, with the 4 other shades on the ship. The crowd where the fights were taking place, was loud from all the shouts. Though it seemed to have paused and the winning druchii were seeking out his next victim.

In the tunnel Nardiz prepared to throw the head and charge for the rope. Talahisior just waited for the signal. And then Nardiz started, he tossed the head, and grabbed for his shield. And then charged for the rope. Making a loud warscream. The rats pulled back in fear and surprise. That gave Nardiz and Talahisior a free run to the rope, Nardiz started swinging both his shield and sword wildly around himself, and not long after they stopped running the rats started closing in around them again, and when Talahisior climbed up after tieing the reavers foot to the rope, the rats had made a circle around Nardiz and slowly closing in on him. However, since the druchii had killed so many before, the rats were scared of getting in too close to him. And finally Talahisior called down to him, Nardiz made one big swing, and sent a rat flying with his shield, before grapping the rope and started climbing up. And shouting to Talahisior that he should pull him up. Talahisior started pulling, but it didn't give much And the rats were at the rope, Finally Talahisior succeded pulling the rope, and together, Nardiz climbing and Talahisior pulling, Nardiz also got up the hole. When talahisior afterwards pulled the rest of the rope up the end of it were cut off.

If Nathra looks out over the island at this time, he will see the two druchii, and see a couple of rats starting coming out from a hole 500 meters up the shore.

Tala and Nardiz will se the rats when they are charging 200 meters from them, unless someone from the ship warns them. Lietih you are challenged and i expect you to respond to that - if you accept also how you will fight. Nathra the two most obvious things you can do, see the rats and act properly to that, or join the brawl...
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Chaos and confusion reigned in the dank tunnel beneath the earth. Nardiz roared as if on the field of battle, and the rats scattered. Talahisior swiftly ran to the rope, tying the end of it tightly around the dead reaver's ankles. Checking the knot with a sharp pull, he cast his gaze behind as he sheathed his sword, and then hauled himself up the rope.

He could hear the sound of combat below, and was surprised to find that he hoped the warrior would make it out alive. The camaraderie of having survived their unwanted adventure in the Skaven tunnels had made him respect the Druchii, and together they had kept each other alive. But there was nothing he could do now.

Upon reaching the lip of the hole, Talahisior pulled himself out and blinked as his eyes adjusted to the sunlight. He crouched and peered down into the gloom, and made out the warrior attempting to climb. The rope taught with Nardiz's weight, the zealot grabbed the twisted hemp and stood, leaning back on his heels as he aided the warrior by pulling the rope up. Finally with a great effort, Nardiz was on the surface.

Talahisior said not a word, but frowned as he saw there was nothing on the end of the rope. Holding the frayed end in his hand, he sighed. There would be some explaining to do once they got back to the ship...

'Did they eat him?'

OOC - Just fluffing about, will post Tala's next action once Spectre posts ;)

Mod, Group 38
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

Nardiz made his way over to the rope. Luckily the rats had pulled a little back, making a path to the rope. Nardiz turned around and saw the rats closing in fast ‘Quickly Talahisior get on the surface.’

Nardiz started swinging his sword and shield around trying to scare the rats, it some what succeeded the rats where hesitant to attack him and the ones that came with in was ether knocked back by his shield or sliced open by his sword.

Nardiz heard Talahisior call down to his and looked up seeing that the druchii had made it to the top. Nardiz looked back down and noticed a rat trying to thrust its spear into Nardiz’s stomach, Nardiz deflected the spear with his sword and swung his shield around and slammed it into the face of the rat.

With out seeing where the rat lands Nardiz turns and jumps as high as he can, crapping the rope and starting to climb up ‘Tala, pull me up!’ Nardiz screams at his companion, fearing for his own life.

Nardiz gets up to the surface and falls on his back and breath heavily ‘Never again, never again I tell you. I will never again go down into a tunnel or cave, unless I can see gold at the end.’ Nardiz sits up and looks at Talahisior standing with a end of the rope in his hand and a great frown on his face ‘Tell me isn’t the reaver supposed to be at that end?’ Nardiz hears Talahisior’s comment and starts laughing loudly ‘Ha ha, well I hope they chock on him, in that case.’ Nardiz looks around and sees the ships ‘Well I don’t know about you, but I am ready to get off the cursed island.’

Nardiz will stand up sheath his sword and put his shield on his back. Nardiz will then wait for Talahisior before heading back to the ship.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills:
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

'Can't say I've enjoyed this voyage much either.' Talahisior replied, untying the rope from the rock and winding it up. Placing it over a shoulder, he drew his right sword and looked ahead to the shoreline. The purple sails of the corsair vessel were up and the black ship rocked with the ebb and flow of the waves.

'Let's hope that boat is where we left it.' He remarked as the two Druchii began walking across the rocky shore. 'I doubt I could swim to the ship in this heavier armour.'

Returning to the ship with Nardiz. He is scanning the shore for the row boat they embarked on the isle with, so they can row back to the ship. Hasn't noticed the rats. He is carrying the frayed rope back with him.

Mod, Group 38
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

OOC: Okay Guys sorry for the wait... I couldn't find my laptop to bring in the train. Next deadline wednesday before midnight (GMT+1)

Valin who got hired with the medics were standing and looking in on the beach, also seeing the two druchii coming up again from the hole. But only the two of them. After a short while he saw a lot of rats getting up from another point and running towards the two druchii. He let out a warning, and immediately the man in charge let out a cry:
Man the boltthrowers, get some men in a boat! We don't want to loose a boat here, if the two druchii doesn't make it never mind! But we need the boat!

Both Lietih, Valin and Nathra all ended up in the boat along with 4 other druchii. And before they even have hit the water the bolt throwers started singing.

Nardiz and Talahisior saw the the ships crew starting to move, and another boat getting lowered in the water. And after a short while they understood why, the first rats came over the hill. And ran straight towards them.

I haven't engaged any of you in combat yet... Cause you still have the option for runnning, Nardiz and tala what do you do, and if the rats start gaining on you (if you run) what then?
The three new guys... your orders are just to get the other boat back to the ship... but you can try and scare the rats away if you want to.
Valin, you have enough powder to make one sort of a bomb (free of choice what it does... however not the size of it.) If you have ranged attacks you can do that on the cost that you probably won't get the ammo back...

Then good luck and see you in ooc and on wednesday.. :D
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nathra, ever vigilant, was first onto the boat and placed herself at the front whilst it was lowered into the sea. Once floating freely she stood at it's prow with one booted foot up on the edge of the boat. She scanned the beach as the boat was rowed forward. Two fellow Druchii, both male, stood collecting themselves as they stood on the beach. Nearby, a whole swarm of vermin were erupting from another hole.

Filthy Skaven, the worst of enemies, if their disease ridden claws aren't the death of me, their stench likely will be! Neither of the two warriors had noticed the rats crawling from a hole in the ground, Nathra could well have called out a warning, but if they weren't observant enough to hear them, spot them or smell them, then what sort of Druchii could these two call themselves? The vermin would be noticed soon enough, Nathra had no doubt of that.

The shade watched with avid interest as the boat approached the shore. Using her left hand to steady herself as she crouched down, Nathra jumped into the shallows at the beach and waded closer to shore, and to the two males. "You got rats on your tails." She called to the two warriors. "Get to your boat, we'll scare them off." The water was now shallow enough for Nathra to freely run in it, wishing to keep her distance from the rats for fear of their unbearable stink, the shade would dare not get any closer.

Nathra will cover Nardiz' and Telahisior's backs as they run for their boat. She will only throw a shuriken or two to keep the rats at bay if totally necessary. Otherwise, she will stay in the water and stay close to her boat for a quick getaway.

OOC: Senluthan, don't mind if I call you Sen, do you?

Hope this is okay for my first post, you didn't really give us much in the way of information to work with, so tried to keep it as non-specific as possible :roll:
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

As they continued towards the tide line, Talahisior felt the ache of exertion through his body. How long had they been down there? A day? More? His stomach told him he had gone without a meal for too long. At this rate, he'd eat that severed arm. He was relieved to see the rowing boat remained where it had been tethered.

He could also see a second boat coming towards the shore from the corsair vessel. "A rescue party?" he wondered. 'Nardiz, it seems like they grew tired of waiting.' he said to the only other survivor of the landing party. Before he could muster a reply. Talahisior heard a scrambling sound on the rocks behind. He turned slowly to see a mass of angry Skaven erupting from another hole up the beach.

'Blessed Nethu...' he blasphemed with a hiss, drawing his second sword. He turned his head back to the tethered rowing boat, in time to see a black bolt fly though the air into the swarm from the larger ship. 'Run!!' he yelled to Nardiz, increasing his pace in a dash to the rowing boat.

"You got rats on your tails." Came a cry from the second rowing boat, a female lithely splashing into the shallow water.

'What keen observation you possess!' he growled back, loosening the rope from a rock and shoving the row boat into deeper water, hoping Nardiz could keep up. Grateful for the unexpected reinforcements, he held himself low as the bolts whizzed overhead. The female wore a ragged cloak of unusual design, but he had no time or inclination at present to inspect her appearance further. For now, all attention was focussed on escape. Dead eyes saw nothing.

Talahisior has warned Nardiz and has run to the rowing boat as they are so outnumbered. Hoping Nardiz has followed. He is shoving the boat into the water and as soon as Nardiz jumps in, will leap in too and grab an oar. If the rats get to them before, he'll fight for as long as possible!

Mod, Group 38
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

As Valin watched first one, then a second Druchii climbed out of the hole. It was rather anti-climatic he felt. Strange island, has to be some monster or other bouncing around here. His interest in dissecting something new overshadowing the obvious problems the shore party would have faced; in his mind anyway. As he continued to lean on his staff he saw several other shapes appear from the ground some distance from the first. They resolved themselves into some sort of rat. Before he could actually figure out much about them a bellowing order came and he ended up in a boat, rather to his own surprise.

The two Druchii on shore no doubt saw what was happening as they made for their boat, but those rats were fast. Well then, I’m sure as hell not wasting any arrows on those things. Time to try out a new spell. Valin briefly considered standing up but the rocking of the boat convinced him otherwise. Focusing on the two Druchii he gathered his power and let it trickle out towards them. If he was right this spell should help. If he was wrong the results would no doubt be interesting to watch.

Valin will cast a spell to increase the speed of the two Druchii running for the boat to hopefully give them an edge on the rats.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

Nardiz was walking back towards the boat, he looked out at the ships and he saw a lot of activities. ‘Hm, wonder what they are doing? Are they lowering a second boat? That doesn’t really make sense.’ Nardiz saw the first bolt being fired from the closest ship ‘What the blaze are they doing?’ Nardiz looks over his shoulder to see what the bolt where fired at ‘Oh, its more rats. That is nice.’ Nardiz looks at Tala as he screams ‘Run’ Nardiz starts running. ‘What did you expect me to do? Walk?’ Nardiz says with a smile, he draws his sword just in case the rats would catch up with him and Tala.

The two druchii got down to the boat, Nardiz stops and quickly looks over his shoulder to see how far back the rats are ‘Man those little bastards are fast, well we better get this boat off the beach, unless we wants spears up our ass.’ Nardiz looks back over at Tala and the boat and rushes over to help him push the boat out.

Nardiz will help Tala push the boat out, when the boat is far enough out he will get up in it and pull out his bow and shoot any rats that is threatening to hurt Tala with a non-poisonous arrow. If there is none he will put his bow down grab an ore and row.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills:
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Sorry for the wait guys... was out all day yesterday... Well lets continue, deadline saturday.

IC: Tala was the first to start running, and Nardiz quickly followed. Valin took a look at them, and started gathering the winds of magic to try and make them a bit faster. Succeding to some degrree, Both of the druchii took up the pace a bit. But even with the spell, the rats were still gaining on them. The first one that close in, were hit by a shuriken, and when it fell, two other rats tripped over it.
Talahisior was the first to reach the boat, he started pushing it out on sea with the help of one of the druchii from the other boat that also has reached shore. Nardiz didn't even have time to stop, but just jumped onto the boat as they took off. however 5 rats also managed to jump on. But when they saw that they were all by them self with 4 druchii, they quickly fled again.

The parties got back to the ship. Where the first mate (is it called this?) stood waiting for Talahisior and Nardiz

What happened to our captain and reaver? where are the other merc?

Nardiz and Talahisior stood in the middle of a circle with most of the corsairs around them, and the first mate in front of them. Everybody listening to their answers. (I presume both Valin and Nathra are interested as well - but it is your choice wehter or not you join the circle.)

You made it back, and have a bit of explanation to do... :D

To make it fastest and easiest, I will edit your posts with a note from the first mate what he is replying. And then give you the opportunity of getting to know your rescuer... ;) Valin is one shuriken down btw...
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod