Group 36 - Trouble with the old world

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

By some strange power, Talahisior found that the heavier armour he now wore did not hinder his flight. In fact his legs moved easily through the water, and joined by a corsair from the second boat, quickly shoved the rowing boat into deeper waters and vaulted himself in. For a moment their escape seemed to e doomed as a gaggle of rats leapt into the boat with them. But as suddenly as they had boarded, they disembarked, their tails snaking behind them as they swam back to shore. Talahisior took an oar, and again, found his limbs invigorated. Soon they were back at the sleek corsair ship.

Climbing a rope ladder up the side, the zealot wondered what would happen, and whether his answers would suffice. If not, he had no doubt the crew would not hesitate to torture or even slay him and Nardiz. But then a grin appeared as an idea formed.

Once he had flipped himself over the deck rail, he waited for Nardiz to join him and grabbed him, pretending to help him up. Noticing the crew ganging up and looking concerned he whispered to the elf, 'I have an idea to get us out of this mess. Leave the talking to me, and go along with what I say...' It wouldn't be the first time his cunning had saved his skin. He hoped it would work now. The crew looked angry.

OOC: Waiting for Spectre to post before Tala speaks.
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

Nardiz ran to the boat and seeing that Tala had gotten help by one other druchii, Nardiz jumps up into the boat. Nardiz sees 5 rats jump onto the boat with him, he takes a swing at one of them but as quickly as they got onto the boat they where off it again.

Nardiz grabs Tala’s hand and helps him into the boat ‘Wow that was a close one. Glad we are finally off that island!’ Nardiz sits down and starts to row.

The two boats made their way back to the main ship they had launched from, and a rope ladder was lowered down to them Talahisior was the first to climb up the ladder and Nardiz followed right after him.

Nardiz climbs the last few steps up and just as he is about to climb up over the railing on the ship, Talahisior grabs his hand and helps him up. Tala quietly asks that Nardiz leaves the talking to him and to go along with anything he says, Nardiz looks over his shoulder at the rest of the crew and the first mate ‘They look like they are ready to throw us back overboard.’ Lacking any better plans or ideas, Nardiz looks back at Talahisior and makes an almost unnoticeable nod.

Nardiz will follow Talahisior’s lead and, unless it is needed, he will stay quiet. Nardiz will position himself behind and on Talahisior’s right side ready to go into a back to back fighting stand. Nardiz will try to seam as relaxed as possible, but is expecting to get attacked if the first mate doesn’t believe Talahisior.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills: WS4, S4, T3, D3, I4
Equipment: Short Sword, Shortbow, 1 quiver of 17 (5 poison), Medium Armour, Shield.
Inventory: 12 gold, water bottle (1 liter).
Skills:
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

All eyes were upon them. The crew gathered around them in a circle as Talahisior and Nardiz walked into the middle of the black deck where the First Mate waited. Many of the corsairs had their weapons drawn, and the zealot noticed a few loaded crossbows were pointed at their throats.

'The Captain is dead. Murdered.' Talahisior held his empty hands out to his sides, palms facing outwards in a gesture of neutrality, as a ripple of gasps and the odd shout came from the crew.

'It seems there was an assassin amongst the landing party... Evazorek. Hired by whom and for what purpose, we shall never know. We had barely begun our exploration when he shoved the Captain down a hole leading to Skaven tunnels. Kailleth tried to stop him and was thanked for his efforts by having his throat slit. That wench, Nardiz, and I were able to avenge the Captain by killing Evazorek, but by the time we reached the bottom of the tunnel, the rats had got to him. We tried to recover the Captain's body... but were heavily outnumbered. They killed Ariel too.' He added with a sigh, feigning grief at the heavy losses.

He looked around the crew, his expression as earnest as he could muster. 'So here we are. Come to fetch reinforcements so we can finish off those rat bastards for good.'

'One last thing...' he paused, rubbing his chin before addressing the First Mate. 'That would make you the new Captain...'

Talahisior hopes he has wooed the crew with his tale of loyalty and brave heroics.
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nathra could see the rats catching up with the two Druchii male who were speeding along quite unnaturally, it seemed. She readied a shuriken and took careful aim, it was a long throw at a moving target. nevertheless, it wasn't such a difficult throw for someone as skilled as Nathra, who took her time and put extra muscle behind the throw for it to be as effective as possible. The shuriken hit the leading rat squarely in the neck and sent it sprawling into it's two friends that were running behind, all three landing in a crumpled heap. Ha! Take that you verminous filth!

The shade quickly climbed aboard her boat in time to watch to two warriors board theirs. Once under way back to the ship they all sat in relative silence. Once back at the ship, Nathra was the first to climb aboard. The tension on board was palpable, something was amiss but the Heiress knew not what. The crew had gathered in a sort of circle, the two rescued warriors facing their wrath. Knives are drawn and violence is threatened. How interesting!

Nathra positioned herself at the side of the circle so she could get a good view of what was happening. The corsair crew had weapons drawn and crossbows pointed at the two rescued Druchii, one of which was speaking. Assassination of the caption, two dead friends, a male and female, these two barely escaping with their lies, Nathra didn't really care about any of that. Would bloodshed ensue? Or will diplomacy win the day? Nathra hoped for the former, she couldn't remember the last time she'd had a good fight!

'So here we are. Come to fetch reinforcements so we can finish off those rat bastards for good.' This was not good, for if the new captain and his crew wanted revenge on the rats, or try by some foolish notion of honour to get the murdered captains body back, Nathra would likely get pulled into the conflict, and fighting vermin was not her idea of a worthy opponent. She was far more interested in the current situation on board the ship.

Though standing calm and relaxed by the side of the circle, Nathra is ready to unleash hell! If fighting does break out she will distract the crossbowmen with a hail of shurikens before rolling in with her sword and taking them out in melee. If a fight is not in the works Nathra will simply watch the proceedings.
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

Is that so? Okay men you heard the man! Since the storm is over and the captain is no more then prepare to take off towards the old world towards GLORY!.

The new captain repeated the last word and the crew joined in the shout of glory!...
Afterwards he turned around with a quite satisfied smile. cause what meant two or three druchii other than a couple of fewer to share the spoil with.

It is done, and if you want a bit of time to talk to one another now would be the best time.

Anyway, the deadline is still tomorrow, and if neither of you start a conversation I will bring you directly to your next adventure. But if any of you wants a pvp, or a fight against an NPC that can be arranged now... ^^ so just take your time and imagine what goes on on a ship.
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

The trip back to the ship was uneventful. It seemed that the Skaven were none too fond of water and the few that had made it onto the other boat had lived up to their cowardly reputation and quickly retreated. His spell had seemed to work, though not quite as effectively as he had hoped. Perhaps it was the range, either from me to them or between the two targets. he mused to himself as they neared the boat. Completely ignoring the sailors he scrambled up onto the ship and left them to deal with the boat while he continued to mull over the spell’s effects. Pulling clear his small notebook he jotted down a few ideas.

A general cooling of the atmosphere aboard the ship brought his head out from the notebook and he absentmindedly tucked it back into one of the numerable pockets in his robe. It seemed like the crew was less than thrilled at the loss of the captain and one of the Druchii from the landing party was obviously trying to placate them. Now he thought about it Valin couldn’t really remember what the captain’s name had been, or when you got right down to it even what he looked like. If the Druchii was to believed he was assassinated on the island; though the question presented itself as to why the hell the assassin would choose a Skaven den to try it. As the story wound down with an appeal to the avarice of the first mate Valin was already moving towards the two from the shore.

Before he arrived the first mate promoted himself to captain and all was sorted which helpfully opened up plenty of room to approach them. “So, did it work?” Valin asked as he arrived. “The range was long and I could feel a drain but didn’t see much, and of course the Skaven where fascinating. I wonder how they would react to the same method; though perhaps their systems are different.” Valin stopped as he realised he was probably not making any sense and decided to backtrack to fill in some gaps. “Eh, I was referring to the spell. It was supposed to make you faster. Did it work?”
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

There was that strangely dressed female again. The look in her eyes told the zealot she was itching to spill some blood. "Like half of the crew." he thought. He swallowed, subconsciously signalling his nervousness as the First Mate considered his tale. Then surprisingly and without question, he accepted the lies. "He has more to gain by raising anchor." the zealot realised. "No point in wasting time and more men in a profitless trip back to that isle. Besides, he must like the prospect of his promotion." Wearing the looted sea dragon cloak, which was removed from the dead Reaver's still warm shoulders, he approached the new Captain.

'A fine ship. It must soften the blow of losing your Captain so early into a raid to become custodian of such a sleek vessel.' He patted the Druchii on the shoulder and stepped across the deck to the port rail, watching the isle diminish as the ship set sail for the eastern horizon.

He was stirred from his thoughts by a barrage of disjointed questions. The white haired Khainite turned to see a short and scuffy fellow. Slightly taken aback by his appearance, Talahisior found himself staring, before replying, 'A spell? Make us faster?' he thought for a minute then smiled thinly 'Ah, so that was what it was. Well the water did not hinder my sprint, nor did my armour. It felt as if I were in a kheitan, not steel and leather. I am no sea dog, yet we were able to row at quite a speed.' Being polite, he knew it was unwise to upset a spellweaver. After his experience in the cavern he had no desire for further dark magic channelled in his direction. "Bloody magicians..." he thought to himself. 'I am Talahisior, and who might you be?'

Mod, Group 38
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

“Oh I see, so that was why you didn’t seem much faster. It was rather a function of stamina than outright speed. The boost counteracted the weight but not sufficiently to overcome your set pace. How interesting.” Belatedly realising that this Druchii was unlikely to be as interested in the spell mechanics as he himself was he reeled himself in. “Ah yes, my name is Valin, though it has been a while since I’ve had need of it with any regularity. I’m here as a healer.” he paused briefly as he ran that through his head, satisfied he continued, “Well, more or less. Chemical and magical. Don’t spare yourself injury for me.”

I’ll have to write down that name. It’s quite unlikely I’ll remember it come tomorrow. He repeated it a couple of times in his head to cement it for now before actually looking at who he was talking to. All swords and armour. Typically that would be a bad thing but it meant he’d be in the thick of combat and was therefore likely to get wounded; something which was a point in his favour from Valins perspective.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

OOC: Well guys not sure when i got time for my next post... Probably wednesday or thursday... so deadline tuesday.. ^^

IC: The corsairs had dared to go as far north as the sea of claws. Here they had followed the coast with precise knowledge when the big cities arrive, so they could sail around them and hit the small villages. The first village they came to, didn't have that much loot as a couple of the youngest and most unexperienced druchii, found them self blowing up the entire armoury along with 3 other corsairs and a whole lot of humans. That was the only time any of the druchii didn't know what black powder did. But the first slaves and since they didn't planned to return already there was no point in filling up the cargo. Only taking the best, after all they can fill the cargo with the useless ones in the last city they raid.

As the druchii prepared to raid the second city, the saw the ships from the rest of the fleet they got separated from. They had made all the preparations and the two ships prepared for the raid. So all of corsairs just hurried in the boats to get a bit of the spoil from this village. Since they had three ships, and not all of the cargo space was filled, they had to strike another village. That led the druchii up east of Salzenmund.

Valin had been stuck with the healers on the two first assault, but since it was quick in, quick out most of the druchii that got injuries were left behind. There were only minor wounds, and enough healers to take care of those. So he didn't have much to do. Therefore he also found himself in a boat along with the three other druchii he had come to know pretty well, Nathra, Nardiz and Talahisior.

Nardiz had on the first two cities prooved to be quite the tactician. Therefore he also had a small command of seven druchii. Talahisior among those seven. Since Nathra normally was with the scouts she had her commander with the other shades. But Nardiz had on the first one when the armoury exploded seen the disorder starting to show in the fighting corsairs, and had shouted a command which Talahisior due to their previous fighting together were the first to respond to. And afterwards some other druchii as well. thanks to those to minimizing their loss at that raid.

Ever since they came to the old world and started the raids, the shades have been used almost as dark riders! They had stolen horses in one of the first villages, and had been a one dayride ahead of the ships. exploring, and sending daily reports. They went only back to the ships prior to a raid. Normally the shades were the first on the shore shooting the guards and then scouting the surroundings. But since nothing have happened in the first two raids, Nathra had just been talking with Valin, and since nobody have called for her, she took part as one of the raiders instead of scouts.

Talahisior had without a doubt been the most active during the raids. It was frightening to see the zealot. He was the first one of the boat and then immediately stated his lethal dance. Slicing, stabbing and chopping up whoever came in his way. Wether it being druchii or man. For sure it wasn't him who took captives. The only time he stopped killing was to follow the order Nardiz shouted, and that was only very brief then he started his dance again though responding to the commands that were shouted.

And now they were in the boat. A total of 10 in the small boat. Nardiz' command including Talahisior. And Nathra and Valin. It was early night, there were no wind, and clouds covered for the moon, as the druchii slowly and quiet rowed towards land. Still there was no alarm. So the shades probably haven't started killing the sentries. Or it could be this village had even worse security than the last one. The big ships quickly left for more open sea so they shouldn't be spotted from land.
The shore was wide and open, there were a small habor out to the see, and a fjord leading from the habor 300 meters further in, where the village was located. Those 300 meters, were a road that started 50 meters from the shore, and after another 50 meters began grass and plants to grow. The city were open to the shore, but to both sides of it, were trees and bushes that could provide very hard cover.
The boat hit the shore, and still no sound from the village...

This is where i let it be up to you. How much you describe of the other two raids is up to you. You can even come up with stories of what happened there. Or just briefly sum it up. What is more important is what to do know. Nathra and Valin, is expect to be able to read out of your posts wether you accept Nardiz as your commander, or plan to do as you wish.
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Just like everyone else aboard the raiding vessel, Nathra had had a busy few weeks. Much of the time was spent stood at the prow of the ship, watching the horizon wrapped up in her harpy cloak. Winds, rain, and even backlashes from the sea occasionally bothered her, but her cloak protected her from the worst of the elements. Nathra stayed under-deck during particularly bad weather, and slept fitfully for a few hours each night, curled up into the foetal position wrapped up snug in her harpy cloak.

Of the times raiding Nathra enjoyed time with the other shades the most. They were quiet, in speech and when stealth was the order of the day, though efficient in their numerous and varied tasks. They were also rather too withdrawn and set in the ways of the strange customs practised by the Autarii for Nathra to really become 'friends' with any of them.

Valin was... strange, in a good way, of sorts. He would require some time to get used to. It was unusual for Nathra, rather short of stature herself, to come across a male who was shorter than she, it was humbling in a way, but mildly comical in another. Valin would require careful handling, his talents as a healer seemed dubious at best, but for now the shade was content to give him the benefit of the doubt - provided that he never had an opportunity to practice his 'methods' on her.

Despite his obvious Khainite tendencies Talahisior was humble and well spoken, and seemed quite chatty much of the time, not that he had occasion to chat with Nathra. Nardiz was another matter, the shade did not know enough about him to formulate an opinion, and the only time she heard his voice was when he issued commands to her and the crew.

Much to the raven-haired lady's dismay, nothing of any particular relevance or interest happened during the first couple of raids. The detonation of an armoury provided amusement for all of ten minutes on the first raid, aside from that the raids had been relatively dull. On this, the third raid, Nathra made sure she was on the boat to get a piece of the action, she needed intrigue and espionage to keep the adventure exciting. Riding around on an unfit, smelly horse 'sight-seeing' was not her idea of an interesting time!

Thus far, on these raids, Nathra had yet to kill a single enemy, and the fretful shade was most displeased that almost everyone at every turn wished to deprive her of that privilege. For now she might take orders from Nardiz provided they actually make use of her abilities as a shade and as a fighter. Alienated though she was, Nathra felt more at ease with the other shades, despite not being 'clan-born', at heart, she was one of them. On the next raid, the noble-born vowed to lead the Autarii herself, if they didn't accept her leadership Nathra would just have to convince them, wouldn't she?

She was crouched the head of the boat, at this side or that, with nine other Druchii for company, Nardiz, Telahisior and Valin included. Dusk was fast approaching and the night was still. Before the boat had hit the shore, Nathra had jumped into the shallow waters and quickly made her way to the beach, where she settled herself behind a large boulder to get a better view of the ford and the short route of some three hundred metres to the village. Though, there was a road directly to the village, there were also plenty of trees and the cover of darkness to hide the approach of even the most remotely stealthy of the participant Druchii.

The scantily clad shade thought of the opportunities the night might bring with a predatory smile - finally a chance to participate directly in a raid and to practice the art of the ninja!

Getting a good idea of the approach to the village!
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

The zealot sat silently in the small boat. His posture slightly hunched, he had the poise of a carrion bird as he stared at the coastline. His hair was tacky with blood, his skin and armour decorated with the very elixir of life itself. A fine harvest so far had been reaped in Khaine's holy name.

The raids had been nothing short of brutal massacres. Led by Nardiz, the villagers had been cut down in their own homes, or in the streets defending their property. No-one was spared by the Khainite. Talahisior hacked down any that came in his way, his twin blades singing as he elegantly swung them around his body. He took particular pleasure in slaying those that attempted to fight back. They would make fine gifts to the Bloody Handed God, and the Khainite wore trophies taken from the corpses of the better warriors on his belt; fingers, scalp segments, even the flayed face of the chief of the village militia. His brass eyes gleamed as he remembered the screams, the cries of agony, and pleas for mercy. None had been given.

Soon the hunt would start again. Talahisior sliced his cheeks open with his knife, the sting reigniting the frenzy that burned within him. As the boat reached shallow waters, the female disembarked and made her way to the shore. The zealot followed, hungry for violence.

Tala has taken no supplies, believing the essence of those he kills will sustain him. He just has his weapons and armour, and that length of rope from the Skaven isle. Awaits orders from Nardiz. He is in murder mode, so don't expect him to be too chatty. ;)

Mod, Group 38
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

Nardiz saw the shore coming closer, he looked at the landscape and quickly noticed key points ‘We should use the trees and undergrowth on the right for cover while we advance. It seams like it is a bit more dense that the left.’ Nardiz looks over his shoulder at the rest of the raiding party ‘If we are to make a decoy for the rest of the of the force it would be plain stupid making a head on attack, and if we are already on the right we might as well just continue around the flank and attack from there.’

Nardiz looks forward as he feels the boat hit the shore and follows Talahisior onto the beach. Nardiz waits for everybody to gather at him and speaks quietly ‘Okay guys and girls this is what we will do, we are going to use the undergrowth and trees on the right for cover while we move up to the village. When we get to the village we will continue around the right flank before we attack. Nathra I need you to be 10 meters ahead of the rest of the group scouting, if you see anybody, take them out quick and quietly. When we attack Talahisior and Nathra should stay together and cover each others. Valin you should take command of our two repeater handbows and use your own bow as well, keep close to me and the rest of the guys whom I will command. Any questions?’

Nardiz will take his group around the village’s right flank and hit the village from there drawing any soldiers away from where the main strike will be.
Nardiz will use Nathra to scout ahead and to take out anybody the shades might have forgotten.
Nardiz will give Valin command of the crossbow men and tell Nathra and Talahisior to work together when the group attacks. Nardiz will command the remanding 4 guys.
Nardiz is carrying a water bottle with one litter water in it, besides his usual equipment.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Equipment: Short Sword, Shortbow, 1 quiver of 17 (5 poison), Medium Armour, Shield.
Skills:
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

The shade had a good impression of the route leading to the village, including all the places of trees and bushes that would provide good cover for the Druchii approach. And she was to lead them.

"Nathra I need you to be 10 meters ahead of the rest of the group scouting, if you see anybody, take them out quick and quietly. When we attack Talahisior and Nathra should stay together and cover each other."

When her name was mentioned, Nathra looked round to their 'commander' and listened to his 'orders'. Soon he would come to realise than nobody gave Nathra orders, for now, the shade would simply take it as him asking her to do it, since that was the more sensible thing for him to be doing.

"Sound tactical acumen there, oh, glorious leader!" Her sultry and musical voice was practically dripping sarcasm. "Send the lady with pretty bottom out ahead of all the randy males, that should definitely get them in the mood for raping and pillaging!"

Nathra then turned to Talahisior with a playful smile. "Do try to keep your murderous instincts in check until the raid has begun in earnest." And facing the group once more, she said: "Let's go, gentlemen, that village won't raid itself!" Once she had said her piece Nathra launched herself over the boulder she was crouching behind and sprinted over to the nearest batch of bushes leading to the village. Sticking to cover and using her harpy cloak, Nathra would quickly and silently lead the raiding party to the village.

Nathra will stick to cover and the shadows as she leads the troupe up the road to the village. She'll use either shuriken or stealth to take out any sentries she might come across. [/b]
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Talahisior nodded once to show his comprehension of Nardiz's instructions. His mindset was that of a predatory beast stalking one's prey. The female, he learned from Nardiz's orders, was named Nathra, a shade it seemed. He remained unmoved by her sarcasm and humour, as she purred her veiled insults. He cared not for what the others did during their little excursion, placing a small piece of courva root into his mouth, slowly chewing the enlivening herb. He was more interested in blessing those he came upon with the kiss of Khaine, and glancing at the edges of his razor sharp swords, smiled sadistically at the thought.

His smile widened as Nathra spoke directly to him, and he whispered a reply as she sped silently towards the village. 'Then best stay out of my way...' As she melted into the shadows the zealot followed a few paces behind, his brass eyes scanning his surroundings for any sign of soon to be ended life.

Talahisior follows Nathra. He'll behead any he comes across as it makes less noise. Of course if their cover is blown, he'll be more "artistic". :twisted:

Mod, Group 38
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

OOC: Oh well guys lets continue, next deadline Monday.
Cananatra everything ok?

IC: Nardiz gave his orders, and with Nathra leading the way, they ran for cover in the woods. And Nathra who led the way, could with her expertise walk in the forest without much trouble. The other in the party had a hard time getting du to the undergrounds thickness. Because of that the druchii did not get as far as planned when the alarm finally sounded.

They could see and hear doors opening in the village, and the men were assembling in the front of the city. One of the humans started shouting commands, and they could hear that a smaller party were heading towards their side of the village.

Nathra was about halfway between the beginning and the end of the village, the reamaining druchii was about 20 m behind her, they were walking 10m from the edge of the forest, and therefore also from the village. The village itself were around 200 meters in total.
Where Nathra is she can see a lone sentry 20m further ahead. And she is guessing from the sound, that the search party will be visual to the druchii approximately another 30 m up from the sentry.

In your heavy armour, it is difficult for you to move in the thick forest. Nathra as a shade has it a lot easier, and Valin as well since he doesn't have any armour. You can hear men coming to see if there are any druchii in the forest. But you can't see them yet.
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

Nardiz looks at Nathra as she spook ‘Ah great... Why do I always run into arrogant bitches?’ Nardiz looked at her as she sprinted towards the nearest undergrowth ‘But she is right, that is a really nice ass.’ ‘Alright let’s go men.’ Nardiz followed Talahisior into the undergrowth and started the walk towards the village.

As the group was moving thru the undergrowth Nardiz moves over to Valin and speaks quietly ‘Hey Valin, how many arrows do you have? Because I have some extra arrows and some of them are actually poisons. Do you want them for now?’

The group makes there way to the village and as Nardiz instructed them to do they continues around the flank. ‘Just a little bit further before we attack.’ Nardiz thought to himself. So far they hadn’t seen any sentries, so ether there was very few of them or the shades had already killed and disposed of them.

The group moves approximately 80 meters past the outskirts of town. Nardiz gets ready to order the attack just as he hears a bell in the far end of town. ‘Damn it, they have sounded the alarm.’ Nardiz looks for Nathra and sees that she is too far ahead in order for him to call on her, without warning the town about their presence. ‘She will have to fend for herself for now.’ Nardiz hears allot of doors opening and people running out. ‘They are gathering their men, most likely in front of the village. If we attack before they are ready, we might give the main force time enough to form a proper attack.’ Nardiz looks at his men who are waiting for his orders. ‘Alright lads, we are going to head thru the town and try to attack the men that are mustering from behind. And men no warcrys before we meet their main force. Now follow me.’ Nardiz draws his swords and quickly chops his way thru the undergrowth.

Nardiz bursts out from the undergrowth and immediately looks left and right. His left seams to be clear and there are a small force on his right approximately 70 meters away. ‘Tala, take out that group, Valin cover him with your archers. And when you guys are done with them, follow us. The rest of you, with me.’ Nardiz leads his men into the streets and slaughters anybody getting in their way.

Nardiz orders the group to attack from the undergrowth, as Nathra is too far ahead his will not risk giving the group’s position away and moves without her.
When he sees the scouting party he sends Talahisior over to take care of them with Valin and his archers as support.
Nardiz expects Valin to direct his men to take out anybody trying to flank Talahisior as he performs his dance, Nardiz also hopes that Nathra will notice the battle and will go help Talahisior.
Nardiz will lead his swordsmen into the town and cut down anybody that get in their way or pose a threat.
Nardiz’s plan is to go thru the town in a curved line and try to come out behind the force forming between the town and the shore, and by doing this he hopes to distract them long enough for the main druchii force to attack the town.
Nardiz has his shield ready to block any arrows or crossbow bolts and his sword ready to cut anybody who dares oppose him down.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills:
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

The armour he wore hindered his movement behind the shade, and the zealot cursed the spirit of the sets previous owner as he lost sight of Nathra. The corsairs were making too much noise as they pushed through the dense undergrowth. None of them had silenced the joints in their armour with cloth or oil, and soon the sound of dogs barking could be heard, followed by the ringing of the town's bell.

Talahisior paused, looking through the branches at his surroundings. Above, cloud sailed across a dark sky, trimmed with moonlight. His gaze returned to the town as doors were opened and men mustered to defend their homes and loved ones. He edged closer through the undergrowth, noting that some wore armour and carried spears and swords. Others were peasants, wearing nothing more than their normal clothing and wielding clubs, pitchforks, and woodcutting axes. He could not help but hiss a laugh at their frailty, not caring if it was heard now that their approach had been discovered.

The humans were splitting into two groups. One formed a main defence at the town's entrance, whilst a second smaller group came towards them to investigate the noise. Nardiz gave his orders and Tala's grip on his swords tightened as he prowled through the trees quietly.

Trusting that Valin had paid attention to the command, the Khainite walked out of the woods towards the force on the right. His brass eyes gleamed menacingly, whilst his ritual cuts across his cheeks marked his pale skin with blood. His white hair was tied back in a tight ponytail, still stained with gore from the previous raids, and his lip curled up in a cruel smile.

Blades held out to his sides, he was amused by the fear in the faces of the scouting party as he confidently approached them. They clumsily assembled themselves into a defensive unit, spears and swords pointed outwards. Talahisior's pace quickened as he got closer, then as he reached the desired distance, he whirled around, his swords knocking the spears out of the way. In the midst of the scouts, he paused and uttered praise to Khaine, before sweeping his blades across and up, neatly slicing the heads off two humans with a forward chop.

Their companions gasped in horror as the headless corpses slumped to the ground, gushing blood over Talahisior and the rest of the scouting party. Some were stoked into bravery by this wanton murder, and with battle cries, leaped towards the Druchii with vengeance in their hearts.

Talahisior breathed inwards then out with a meditative sigh, bringing his swords slowly back to a guard position as he inhaled the essence of the fallen. Then as the fervour of Khaine coursed through him, he snarled terrifying promises to his prey. With blinding speed he went to work amongst them. The introductions had been made... his dance had begun.

Having a delightful time going berserk. Don't interrupt, he might accidentally kill you too.

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nathra led the small group of elves quickly to the undergrowth and skirted her way through it. Though she did her best to lead them it soon became apparent that they too hindered by the lush undergrowth, and despite the many times she found herself waiting for them, she ranged far ahead of them every time. Furthermore, their un-oiled and noisy armour squeaked worse than a Harpy nest during the mating season!

Males are so noisy! If I don't take out the sentries we'll surely be discovered. She thought, juat as an alarm call was sounded from the village. Oh, great! From her position she guessed there was another ten metres to the edge of the village and the trees were still think enough to hide her approach. The shade climbed the nearest tree effortlessly and immediately spotted a sentry some distance ahead of her. It was too far to throw a shuriken, so the shade quickly stalked her way closer to her prey, using the foliage and her cloak to hide her approach.

Still several metres from the forest edge, Nathra positioned herself in a crouch as she watched the sentry walk past her position well clear of the trees. Once he was, she looked around for any potential witnesses to the murder she was about to commit. Seeing none, Nathra readied a shuriken and with a deep breath and a flick of her wrist, the shade launched a well aimed shuriken at the man's unprotected neck. She immediately readied another just in case.

After rolling clear of the trees Nathra approached the body of the sentry to finish him off, loot his corpse and retrieve her thrown weapon. Once done she closed her eyes and listened for anything out of the ordinary. Sounds of fighting were quite clearly heard, as was expected, but this was not what she was listening for and she filtered the sound out.

Killing the sentry.
Searching his corpse for any valuables - money, jewellery, weapons etc.
Listening to her surroundings - does she hear the scouting party?
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

OOC: Well Nightcall a step too far this time, since first of all there are a sentry, and second I haven't made it for you to see the search party yet, and third the part where you kill people should follow after i have described you taking them out (my decision wether or not you kill people.. :P) Anyway it could also have something to do with my last post being a bit vague. I will try to opt my posts, and then all of you just ask if you have any questions to how far the story is. ^^ Next deadline, if we say 48 hours I can post before the weekend (I am not at a computer friday evening - sunday night but since Spectre is also dane he can forward questions to me.)

IC: The druchii left the forest apparently they haven't seen the sentry, and when he saw them, he took a run for it. Nathra threw one of her shuriken, but missed by a hairsbreath as he started running. Even though Nathra quickly moved out of the forest, She only saw the sentry take a turn to the left two houses down. As she stood there, the human party took a turn and came visable to the druchii. They were obviously farmers, and when they saw Talahisior calmly walk towards them a thrill gave their fear away. Nathra stood in the shadow of a house almost invisible. Valin and the two corsairs with handbow, walked a couple of meters behind Talahisior.
One from the search party immediately made a run for it. Having seen all the druchii except for Nathra, he ran to report it to the main force. so only 7 human were facing Talahisior and his group.

10 meters before them Talahisior started his charge, since their armour was almost non existent, a volley from the three druchii killed the first three, and made chaos in the small group. Therefore Talahisior could easily chop the head of two in the second row, and afterwards finish the final two off.

Nardiz led his 4 warriors in to the village, leading them behind where there were fighting noice. Soon however the sound stopped. All of Nardiz warriors were prepared to fight. Suddenly a loud noice came, and one of his warriors fell down, shot in the head. And 5 human charged them. two equipped with forks, 1 with a spear, 1 with a hammer, and the final one their leader had a sword and shield. They charged quickly, Nardiz had to defend first from the fork, second from a spear. After that he pushed his way forward, finishing off the one with a fork. The spearman, fell from a stab in the womb from a druchii on his right side. And a druchii and a man fell to the right the druchii killed the human, and got killed with a blow to the head from the hammer. The final two human quickly fled again.

This is where i leave you. Talahisior, I expect you to take command of the two handbows and Valin. Nathra you are free to do whatever, none knows where you are right now. Nardiz you have 2 warriors left, what will you do from now on?
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nathra was sure her shot had hit the mark, by some irk of fate or a sixth sense, the man had bent down to scratch an itch or adjust his equipment and the shuriken missed him by an insects testicle! The nimble shade quickly rolled from the trees with another shot ready to take the man down, but the sentry was quicker than Nathra had anticipated and he quickly disappeared between two buildings up ahead. Lord! Those humans can run when they need to!

Coincidence or not, another group of humans turned into there path some distance further up than the man who had got away, Nathra quickly rolled from her spot to take cover behind a house. Wasting no time the lithe highborn quickly climbed up the side of the house, placing a foot on a ledge to propel herself up, she grabbed the edge of the roof, and with some considerable strain on her delicate arms and fingers, hauled herself up onto the roof. She immediately wrapped herself up in her Harpy cloak, then quickly and silently crawled along the roof like a shadowy stalker.

Her pointy elven ears were busy following the footsteps of the fleeing sentry, who was quickly getting away. From her vantage point as Nathra moved about the rooftops, she kept an eye on the farmers and noticed one split off from the group. Why are things never as easy as they seem? Nathra knew what she had to do; she had to stop the two men from reaching wherever it was they were going. Easy target first - the farmer.

Nathra jumped from building to building as she sprinted over the rooftops, caring nought if she was spotted by the group of farmers since the Druchii troupe were already engaging them. The raven-haired beauty was fast, agile and not encumbered by armour (or even many clothes) so she flew effortlessly from roof to roof as she chased down her quarry. She, being of pure blood, was also much swifter than any human could be and Nathra quickly got herself into shooting range of the 'bullseye' on the peasants back. Positioning herself to make the shot as easy as possible, Nathra took aim and with a quick but precise flick of her wrist, shot the throwing star twirling towards it's target with deadly accuracy.

Assuming the shot was successful, Nathra will reposition herself on the roof on which she is currently crouched - she's listening for the first sentry that got away so she can go assassinate him. Does she hear him?

OOC: Had fun with this post! Was going to have Nathra chase down her first target as well, but didn't know if it would be 'too much' for you. Will ask in OOC!
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

The Khainite flicked his twin blades, blood spattering to the ground where his libations to Khaine lay dead and mutilated. He bore a few cuts and scratches from the fight, but wore these proudly as marks of adoration to his god. The medium armour had deflected much of the townsmen's weapons, and he was pleased that the ghastly green and purple colouring of his salvaged attire was now streaked and stained a more favourable red. The Khainite looked like he had been baptised in blood.

'Sorcerer,' he called out to Valin. 'Our harvest is yet ended.' He turned to face the short mage and the corsairs stood with him, armed with bows. 'We take out the defenders.'

He gestured ahead to where Nardiz and his men were battling the larger force. Unsure as to where Nathra had got to, he assumed she was not an idiot. As a shade she was well suited to picking off individual victims with stealthy attacks, and he assumed that this was what she was doing.

He did not stop to loot the corpses. The pickings of the raid could be taken when the battle was done.

Heading further in the town to help kill the defenders. Will use his two swords again. Has ordered Valin and the archers to kill any humans they see.

OOC: Hope this is okay, Sen! Let me know if I need to edit anything ;)

Mod, Group 38
Spectre
Dark Rider

Post by Spectre »

Nardiz let his men through the town, sticking to back alleys and small streets. As the got closer to the out skirts of town Nardiz could hear a battle raging ‘The main force is already committed to the fighting, we may still be able to cause some havoc by attacking from behind.’ Nardiz continues leading his men through the streets with an increase in speed.

Suddenly the group walked into a small courtyard Nardiz stopped to get his bearings. ‘Something is wrong here.’ Nardiz looks around him and can’t put the finger on it, then it hits him he can’t hear the battle anymore! ‘Either our men slaughtered every one of the humans or they fled, because if the humans had broken ranks we would have run into fleeing men.’ Nardiz feels like he is being watched. ‘Be ready for anything men.’ He hardly finishes the sentence before a loud bang cripples his hearing for a few seconds.

Nardiz looks at his men and sees one of them lay on the ground with a big hole in his head. Nardiz looks up as he hears a warcry coming from the street directly in front of them. ‘Ambush! Attack!’ Nardiz charges towards the men coming into the courtyard, two of them attacks him, one armed with a fork and one with a spear. Nardiz uses his shield to block the fork and with great ease he pushes it out of his way, at the same time Nardiz brings his sword down and chops the spear head off the spear, rendering the man defenceless. Nardiz ignores the human for now and continues to push the man with the fork back. Nardiz thrusts his sword into the man’s exposed side and twists the blade making the wound bigger. Nardiz pulls the sword out of the man and brings it back in a horizontally swing from right to left severing the man’s head from his body.

Nardiz turns towards the man with a sword and shield, Nardiz sees the fear in the mans eyes and lets out a warcry the man turns and runs followed by another man with a fork. Nardiz looks at his group and with great irritation he sees that he have only two men left. ‘With this petty looking force it would be suicide to attack the human’s main force. The man with the sword and shield must be important. Why else would he be armed like that? And nobody ambushes me and get away unpunished.’ Nardiz looks at his men. ‘Let’s hunt down the bastards that did this to us. Follow me!’ Nardiz turns and runs down the street he noticed the humans used for their escape, while running Nardiz thought to himself ‘I might be running into another ambush, well guess we will just have to slaughter that one too.’

Nardiz is assuming that the main druchii attack force have either destroyed what forces the humans had gathered or fled. With this in mind he will not continue his plan, but will instead try to hunt down the man who led the ambush, thinking that this man must be somewhat important since he is armed with a sword and shield. When Nardiz finds him, he will not hesitate to decapitate the man.
Nardiz Taxokoar
Male, Warrior, Group 36
Skills:
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

OOC: Oops Spectre double post... Have deleted the other one. sorry even though you held your part of the deal I still couldn't find the time to post before going. Next deadline tuesday.

IC: All of the druchii could hear fighting breaks loose, men and druchii shouting and screaming, then dying out again, to start at a complete other place of the town. Always a short while before switching location.

Nathra chased the farmer, who was an easy prey for the skilled shade. Jumping from roof to roof, until she finally had a clear shot. She waited and aimed for a short while then firing, hitting in the back of his head, killing him instantly. After taking the shot, started heading for the Sentry who fled. But as she moved in to the village, she saw many small ambush forces, and a lot of archers on the rooftops as well.
During to these, she had to slow down a bit. And when she finally found the sentry, there were an ambush waiting for some druchii on roof directly between her and the sentry.
She could see Nardiz as well as two in his command in the street heading towards 2 humans, and three hidden archers on the roof.

Nardiz didn't hesitate, he immediately ordered his two druchii to follow him, and get the man with sword and shield. they pushed further into the village, and they always just saw the two men heading around the corners, and it didn't matter how far the next corner were away.
But they finally caught the two men, even though they could continue to run, they stopped there. Then the man with the sword and shield totally lowered his guard, and started laughing out loud. As he did that, 6 humans came from where the druchii had come from, and the three archers rose on the roof. The only ways out, was either through one or the other group.

Talahisior, took the lead of his group, they also went in to the village. They were walking down a road, and a slight creak from a door just next to Talahisior and his quick reactions, was the only thing that saved him from the ambush. He toosed himself out of the way, and got separated from the 3 archers. 5 men charged at them, but none of them had ever stood in front of a zealot before. He quickly spun around, to dodge a fork coming for him, and with the rotation he placed one of his swords in the stomach of one of the humans.

Nathra sees three archers that are in an ambush for Nardiz and his group. The ambush is between her and the sentry. Nardiz has caught up to the man. And the ambush is taking place. Talahisior has killed the first man, there are 4 left, and they stand between him and his archers.
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

The instant her throwing star had hit its mark Nathra smiled savagely. She rolled backwards along the rooftop at the side where the sentry had disappeared, she stopped, bent down on all fours, and concentrated on finding her target. Hearing his heavy footfalls even amongst the clamouring of several fights, she spotted him some distance ahead. Once again things had taken a turn, and not just for her. The shade quickly took in the details of several small clashes in a courtyard that she was now facing. Laughing was heard and when the scantily clad shade seen it's source, half a dozen humans were charging out at Nardiz and the two Druchii accompanying him. She quickly spotted three archers on the next roof, readying to launch arrows down at the raiding party.

The heiress instantly knew what she had to do. Her prey was getting away with every heartbeat but the man could not run forever, there were just a few complications to take care of first. Nathra was confident that Nardiz could handle a few men wielding impromptu weapons, but could he stop arrows in flight?

The shade quickly jumped to the next rooftop and commando rolled silently upon her landing, she came to her feet holding her longsword two-handed. The archers had their backs to her as she padded her way stealthily along the roof towards them. When she was close enough Nathra jabbed the sword into the nearest man's back and pierced his heart, her weapon going no more than a few inches into his body. In the same instant she pulled the sword away, Nathra shouldered the man over the side of the building as she struck a two-handed cross at the next man in line, catching the tip of her blade across his jugular. As the blood sprayed from his neck Nathra shouldered her way past him as she stepped towards the third man, lunging her sword at arms's length to pierce the third man in the chest, she twisted the embedded blade savagely to make a mess of the archers internal organs.

Nathra kills each archer with a quick and efficient attack, she will then take a look to see how Nardiz is doing, if he needs any help Nathra will try and 'snipe' at one or two of his enemies (but no more than two) if she gets a clear shot.
As she is still chasing the sentry she will not delay any longer than absolutely necessary before pursuing him once more
Last edited by Minigrift on Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

A creaking hinge betrayed a villager as their ambush was sprung. With a leap backwards, Talahisior growled as a small squadron of angry peasants appeared between Talahisior and the archers. "Has Valin run out of magic?" the Khainite thought to himself as he dodged a lunge at him and slew the townsman with a blow through the stomach, twisting the blade as he withdrew it. With a groan, the man fell to the floor.

'Archers, sorcerer, get some range and fill these gharbin with arrows.' he ordered as he took a step backwards and held out his swords, ready to parry any attacks. As the first of the humans jabbed a spear at him, a second swung an axe towards the side of his head. Ducking to dodge the axehead, he knocked the spear out of the way with his right sword, and made a slice at a third human, beneath his knees.

Four against one. He just hoped there wasn't another regiment of peasants coming up behind him.

Talahisior has ordered the archers and Valin to move back a little and shoot arrows at the humans. He is parrying their attacks and trying to kill them.

Mod, Group 38