Post by Solidsam »

And we are live!

Official Players & Characters

MiniGrift : Nathra Severain : Shade
Arturo : Rafan Ashpacer : Shade
Lokil : Akish (Dawnbringer) Shadowborn : Khainite
Nightcall : Ithilsyn Khadathaibh: Mage
Smiler666 : Valeth One-Eye : Khainite

Pace : Hopefully we can get a round in every two or three days. I can check D.net daily most days. If you don't post after three days without a PM we will probably skip your turn unless we were waiting on an important move from you.

Special Rules : Die determine the outcome of many actions in game. A skill you have or a high stat will give a reroll, good posts and favorable conditions give you a bonus to your roll. This may change in play as I haven't done dice before outside of D&D.

Modding : Occasionally I'll make a character do something that you didn't explicitly state in your post, just to keep momentum up. Example : The characters made the less-than-bright decision to storm a Bretonnian keep in the middle of the day and are charged by twelve guards. If player 1 rolls incredibly well, I'll describe the dispatch of his two guards, maybe have the character sling a shortsword at a third guard, then ask him what he wants to do. Versus the standard, 'You killed two guards, these are the weapons they had, what do you want to do?' I just feel that keeps the action up. If that doesn't work please let me know and I'll stop immediately.

Modding 2 : I'm very flexible and I hate railroading. You can go pretty much anywhere you want, ask for description or more info of anything, or simply meet at a tavern, discuss what you want to do, and ask for options in that area. Just don't be surprised if characters from main storyline keep churning in the background. :twisted:

New Members : Personally I feel the optimal group size is five and we have reached that size.

Posting Preference : Druchii RPG Standard.

My mod color will be orange.

But I did like violet.

Edit: Added Smiler666 / Valeth One-Eye to the Player Roster.
Last edited by Solidsam on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Senluthan
Beastmaster

Post by Senluthan »

hey if I post a char can i join in? :D
Senluthan Redskull
Group 36 Mod
Lokil
Warrior

Post by Lokil »

HAHA I guess I was to hasty with my post... I will learn in the future how this is done right! I was just so excited to get it started! Anyway .
Solidsam
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Solidsam »

Sorry Senlutha! We've got four in right now with two pending approval. I don't know if I can do seven :/.

I'll let you know if we open up though.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hi Sam,

Just a little niggly thing that annoyed me, lol. Could you not post a mod post then say "you can go back to before this time and finish what you are doing", it makes things more complicated and confusing. It would have been much easier and better to just let us all keep posting with our introductory posts, getting to know each other etc, then introduce the Sorceress via a mod post at a more suitable time!

Is there any possibility you can remove the mod post and insert it when our characters have finished their introductory posts?

Aside from this, though, your mod posts have been wonderful ;) 8)

I have a set path (amenable to change dependant on circumstance) for Nathra's progression, with skills, stat boosts, items etc. But I also have a few ideas for some 'side quests' for her. First, by birthright she is the head of House Severain, and at some future date, she will want to return to claim that birthright. Secondly, her short sword is a family heirloom passed down to each head of the House, and I am thinking it might have some magical ability locked within (that I would obviously need to unlock by some means), nothing gamebreaking or overpowered, perhaps it might have the 'Armour Piercing' ability similar to that of the Biting Blade (this would give her an extra edge when fighting heavily armoured opponents - something which she might currently struggle with), or do extra fire or lightning damage etc.

Do you think it might be feasable to incorporate side quests like this for each of our characters?

My sig is already cluttered with my character from Group 34, do you want me to include Nathra's information as well?

Fantastic RP so far, thanks to everyone for such awesome posts :D
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Yes MiniGrift, looks like it's a nice group! :) Sorry you keep having to rework your posts. Simuls are a nightmare, eh!

I like your suggestion about having details about side quests. If it helps the modding, now the outline has been given, Ith would behave in the following manner...

She is power hungry. After making a pact with Slaanesh in Ghrond with her sisters, she left to go a'wandering. News of this artefact has intrigued her and she means to take it for herself. She'll lie, double-cross, steal, murder, basically do what she can, to get it. All under the guise of glamoury and deceit. She'll play ball and be "nice" to everyone whilst it is useful to do so.

I will not plot god-mode, the above is just to give Sam a better idea of her personality and how she will respond. I don't want to disrupt your story, so promise not to be a pain in the ass. As a magic user, I will also be careful not to character god-mode... after all, she's only lvl 1 with Shyish at the moment!
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Solidsam
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Solidsam »

MiniGrift wrote:Hi Sam,

Just a little niggly thing that annoyed me, lol. Could you not post a mod post then say "you can go back to before this time and finish what you are doing", it makes things more complicated and confusing. It would have been much easier and better to just let us all keep posting with our introductory posts, getting to know each other etc, then introduce the Sorceress via a mod post at a more suitable time!

Is there any possibility you can remove the mod post and insert it when our characters have finished their introductory posts?

Aside from this, though, your mod posts have been wonderful ;) 8)

I have a set path (amenable to change dependant on circumstance) for Nathra's progression, with skills, stat boosts, items etc. But I also have a few ideas for some 'side quests' for her. First, by birthright she is the head of House Severain, and at some future date, she will want to return to claim that birthright. Secondly, her short sword is a family heirloom passed down to each head of the House, and I am thinking it might have some magical ability locked within (that I would obviously need to unlock by some means), nothing gamebreaking or overpowered, perhaps it might have the 'Armour Piercing' ability similar to that of the Biting Blade (this would give her an extra edge when fighting heavily armoured opponents - something which she might currently struggle with), or do extra fire or lightning damage etc.

Do you think it might be feasable to incorporate side quests like this for each of our characters?

My sig is already cluttered with my character from Group 34, do you want me to include Nathra's information as well?

Fantastic RP so far, thanks to everyone for such awesome posts :D

Absolutely on all counts. (Except for the sig.)

I didn't know how quickly you guys wanted to get to the action. I'll get the hang of it.

I had some ideas on possible side quests when I read bios. I'll double check with you guys individually once an idea solidifies and post OOC when we come across something that's related to a characters past.

You guy's don't need to include your character summary unless you want to. If you want to but it's cluttered, you can make it one line. Completely up to you.

Nightcall, thanks for the info. Everyone's been great so far. The way I see it, your characters make the story, not my environment. Feel free to try to do whatever you like. I've got contingencies for around six possible outcomes just on choices from artifact alone, not counting NPC's or enemy actions.
Lokil
Warrior

Post by Lokil »

And I was soo confused why I couldnt see the modpost anymore :)

Alright, as far as possible sidequests for Akish, I like to think that he has some family nobles he doesnt know of. So finding them would be great even though he himself has no clue and it never crossed his mind. How to find them though seems rather complicated... this however could be built in almost any other sidequest though, so we dont have to go on an extra quest for Akish. Unless we want to infiltrate Ulthuan (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA probably not ;) ) to find clues about his family. But it will probably be easier to figure it out in Naggaroth.

So far I really like this group and mod!
• Name: Akish Shadowborn
• Male Khainite
• WS4 S3 T3 D4 I4
• Equipment: Dagger, 2 Short Swords, Throwing Dagger x4, Light Armour,
• Skills: Basic Stealth
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

I can't really do 'proper' posts on my mobile. Just wanted to say I edited my last RP post. The work I have saved includes an introduction from Nathra, so Sam, you don't necessarily need to wait for her introduction prior to the mod post you have planned.

Likewise, disregard my question asking if I can post first after the next mod post. If you guys want to 'beat me' again just go ahead and I'll edit my work accordingly ;)

Sorry for the confusion Lokil (and everyone else), my bad, I did have the best of intentions, though!

Will write up a proper post in here tomorrow 8)
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Arturo
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Arturo »

I said it in the rp-thread already but I'll post it here also so here it comes: I'll be off for a holiday next monday to friday and most likely won't be able to post anything till I come back. I understand it's probably the worst timing ever, but it can't be helped at this point :?

But enough of the bad news. We have a great group and I have a feeling it's only going to get better :D

EDIT: Oh and should we count the amount of bolts, arrows, throwing knives, etc. our characters have and if so what would be the starting quantities of said items?

EDIT#2: Am I the only one who isn't at the moment allowed to post to the rp-thread? Down in the bottom corner it says "you cannot post on this forum". If you are already looking to the problem then just ignore this Sam :) but I do want to know if someone else has this problem too...
Rafan Ashpacer
Male Shade Group 37
Stats: Ws 5 S2 T3 D4 I4
Equipment: Crossbow (22/25 bolts), Short sword, Dagger, Shade cloak, Rations
Skills: Precise shot
Lokil
Warrior

Post by Lokil »

Are we going to stall a whole week or why is nothing happening? Not trying to be pushy just trying to understand the frequency :)
• Male Khainite
• WS4 S3 T3 D4 I4
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

I have been wondering the same thing, c'mon write me in already ;)

(btw I am the 'another mercenary' in modpost 0.5 not just some randomer causing trouble... *waves* )
Opus vos liberaverit
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Have good holiday, Arturo!

I hope you guys haven't been waiting for me to post, was planning on having the first post after the mod post to introduce Nathra, which will be tomorrow, hopefully. If there is no mod post by tomorrow I'll probably just post anyway so we can keep the momentum going!
Solidsam
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Solidsam »

Sorry guys, I had to cover for someone at work on Saturday and I was out of the house all day Sunday.

@ Akish, infiltrate Ulthuan? hmm. :twisted: We can look into it.

@ Smiler you are officially in.

Tracking projectiles? In D&D I kept track of projectiles and gave guys a head's up when they were at 25%, unless you guys really want to go cinematic and never keep track.

Starting bolts? I didn't see anything in character creation thread on bolts, so I'm setting it at 25.

If tracked, what I've got is listed below:

Arturo, Rafan has 25 bolts.
Lokil throwing daggars are in sets of 4 so Akish can have 4, unless you wanted a standard dagger instead of throwing type.
Smiler, Valeth is at 4 throwing daggars.
Minigrift, Nathra has 8 shurikens.

Projectiles can usually be retrieved at the end of combat, and you can take enemy weapons. (Although they may be sub-par.)

I have no plans for stalling for a week, nor leaving Arturo behind. The decision of either marching ahead or staying with soldiers will progress the story but it's not vital that he's there for it.

I miss the guy already. :?
Lokil
Warrior

Post by Lokil »

I meant to have throwing daggers, though a dagger will be needed and handy when I get to pursue my assassin career :)
• Male Khainite
• WS4 S3 T3 D4 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Hi Sam! Just wondered with this diceroll... Ith has heard "scout, mountains, karond kar, gold". Does this mean it's a hint for her RP? Just wondered as Karond Kar is far to the east of our current location, over the Spiteful Peaks...or is that what you had in mind? :)
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Arturo
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Arturo »

Thanks Sam, missed you guys too :) Oh and I'll insert the bolts to the signature and keep track of them the best I can. Also tried to include much of what happened past week in the post while maintaining the feeling of Rafan staying out of it all. Some comments on how it worked out would be appreciated so if something like this happens to me again I'll know if I should or should not do something like that again :)

EDIT: Oh and if you want to see some pictures from Rome I can try and put up some links :)
Rafan Ashpacer
Male Shade Group 37
Solidsam
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Solidsam »

Nightcall wrote:Hi Sam! Just wondered with this diceroll... Ith has heard "scout, mountains, karond kar, gold". Does this mean it's a hint for her RP? Just wondered as Karond Kar is far to the east of our current location, over the Spiteful Peaks...or is that what you had in mind? :)

It's a hint for what the Sorceress's actions or intents based off your character's actions and dialogue. It may affect your decisions on what to do with other NPC's you encounter. I haven't done dice before so this is just my attempt to give out a clue on what may be happening while you guys are in the norther wastes.

You guys aren't headed for Karond Kar or anywhere near it. ;)
Arturo
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Arturo »

Hello Sam. I got the impression that there was more than one rider in addition to the "lonely rider" and I'd like to know if this was indeed the case or was there only the "lonely rider" and one other rider. It doesn't really affect how Rafan will act, but it will affect the post a bit. Editing the post won't be a big deal but I'd rather do it sooner than later :)
Rafan Ashpacer
Male Shade Group 37
Solidsam
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Solidsam »

Arturo wrote:Hello Sam. I got the impression that there was more than one rider in addition to the "lonely rider" and I'd like to know if this was indeed the case or was there only the "lonely rider" and one other rider. It doesn't really affect how Rafan will act, but it will affect the post a bit. Editing the post won't be a big deal but I'd rather do it sooner than later :)

Right, multiple riders after the one Dark Steed. ;)

I wasn't 100% sure on how the votes were but I read three for the rider two for the tracks.
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

The Purple Sun of Xereus, from the Lore of Death (Shyish)

One of the GWs magical Vortices. It is horrible against low I armies with large units.

Basically weakens large groups of mobs, but can miscast, weakening or injuring the caster.

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hey Nightcall ;)

It is ultimately up to Sam, but I am unsure if the low status of an RP mage would allow them to cast 'super spells' - don't see why you shouldn't at least be able to attempt it, though. At the moment Ithilsyn is only a level 1 practitioner and not a 'battle field standard wizard'. I would suggest that she be at least level 2 before even attempting such a spell, and level 3 before casting it with some measure of certainty.

I am more than certain she would never have cause to attempt such a spell on Nathra, but there is a good chance your mage might explode and then we'll all be in trouble!

Quoted Drainials 'Shyish' entry just as a reference :)

Drainial wrote:
Power of Shyish (1): SP1
Prerequisites: Intelligence 4
You have a basic grasp of the principles involved in controlling the wind of Shyish and thus of death energy in pretty much all of its forms. You are not a battle field standard wizard; any attempts to drain the life out of a regiment are unlikely to end well for you (though you can try anything). This is the first step on a path to great power.

Power of Shyish (2): SP2
Prerequisites: Mage, Power of Shyish (1)
Your understanding of Shyish has grown considerably and you can attempt greater feats of the arcane while tasks that were once difficult are easier. You are still unlikely to be able to create a liche without accidently blowing your own head off but you are a force to be reckoned with.

Power of Shyish (3): SP3
Prerequisites: Mage, Power of Shyish (2)
You are an accomplished and skilled practitioner of your craft able to manipulate death energy to considerable effect. You may not be able to cause a city wide plague but you are one of the most powerful death mages in Naggaroth outside of the convents.

Ultimately it is up to Sam, I personally have no qualms either way. Just thought it was worth mentioning 8)

Hi Sam :D

Just curious how you intend to resolve our actions in a combat situation. I find it easier to 'act and react', ie I write about what the enemy is doing (even if you haven't necessarily told me exactly what the enemy is doing) and then I have my characters react to those actions - fighting is, after all, primarily acting and reacting.

I do try to keep in the habit of just doing actions without writing about or involving the actions of NPC's. It is just more difficult for me to imagine only what Nathra will be doing, especially if she is going to fighting several opponents at once - Nathra will be throwing stars all round, doing backflips, running up trees, backflipping and rolling her way 'round a fight as she takes on several opponents at once... That sort of thing, lol

Sorry for waffling on a bit there! In Smiler's group I usually do three or four actions per post in a fight situation. This keeps things moving at a reasonable pace instead of just doing one action per post (which would take forever) and also makes things more interesting.

It is your RP and I would like to know how you wish us to do things concerning our actions. Is one per post plenty? Is three or four actions per post acceptable? Furthermore, would you rather we just stuck solely to what are characters are doing, or can we also include the actions of the enemies we are fighting?

To everyone, keep up the good posts. This RP has been really enjoyable thus far ;)
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

EDIT: ninja'd
Opus vos liberaverit
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Hey MiniGrift! :) Yeah, I was wondering that myself after I had posted. It's a lvl 4 spell, isn't it, according to tabletop rules? I must admit, I hadn't checked the casting guidelines before I posted. More than happy to change it, as it's likely that if Ith attempts this spell she'll either a) have nothing happen at all, or b) blow herself up! :lol: Any suggestions on something that would be do-able, besides hitting them with her staff?

Mod, Group 38
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

What's wrong with hitting people with staffs? That's Valeth's strategy :) I'm sure there's plenty you can do with the magicks once the situation is clearer, a doom and darkness-esque spell could be useful... or just start pulling souls out of orifices not made for souls :lol:
Opus vos liberaverit