Group 37

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Solidsam
Slave (off the Altar)

Group 37

Post by Solidsam »

It’s been twenty days since a Dark Elf with a sick scar running across his jaw jerked his head at you and motioned that he wanted to speak with you. For a reason that seems a lot less important now, you heard him out. At first it seemed the same old garbage from a different mouth. Ghrond, the watchtowers in the north are besieged. Assistance is required and will be repaid. The Witch-King commands obedience. Standard Army recruitment sayings and slogans. But then things got interesting.
By fate, cunning magic, or luck, a Sorceress began having visions of an artifact in the north.

You try to keep your eyes off the indentation in his jaw as he speaks, but his skin moves in unsettling ways across chunks of bone with every word he says. He continues his explanation, saying that the artifact is not in the hand of Chaos yet, but it’s only a matter of time. A company of Dark Elves will soon be on it’s way North to the Kith Vull Watchtower, from the house of Larul Nidthe, but they need a special group to go further and try to seize the artifact. Ensuring the artifact is out of the Forces of Chaos is simple duty to be expected from any citizen of Naggaroth, but to return it to Larul Nidthe so that they may better serve the Witch King, that is above and beyond duty, and so will be handsomely rewarded. If you meet at the house of Larul Nidthe, more of an explanation will be provided, and maps will be given. He pulls his lips back in what must of been an attempt of a grin.

“Las’ group di'nt make it to the watchtoweh. More gold to the ones that do. Come to the house in twe’y days. The word is ha’berd.” He eyes your weapon for a moment, then walks on.

After arriving at the keep, just outside a small settlement south of Ghrond, you give the guards the code word ‘Halberd’, and they let you in the walls with a grunt. A gaunt looking Dark Elf is waiting for you. Wordlessly he beckons you to follow, and you walk past two stoic guards guarding a perimeter door. There is no sighting of the scarred Elf.

The building itself isn't anything special. The Lord is wealthy, but not incredibly so. His troops seem average, maybe a little tired. More information than that is hard to gleam without further investigation. You pass through a couple corridors and climb a flight of stairs, noticing a slight chill in the air.

You have arrived in a large stone room, outfitted for minor officers. Stout wooden tables overflowing with scrolls, maps, and lists line the wall directly in front of you. A series of weapon racks line the wall to your right. The weapon racks hold a simple selection of swords, spears, knives, shields, and for some reason, lances as well.

To your left you see several chains and manacles hanging from the ceiling; fresh blood is spattered all around this area of the room. It drips and runs down the stone into a cunningly designed grate at the floor. Whatever was held there, it was recently slaughtered and dragged off. The last few moments of it’s life must of been horrifyingly brutal.

The center or the room holds several wooden tables, chairs, and benches. Some have dried blood on them, most don’t. None of the tables in the center of the room have anything more than food, water, and whetstones. The food is mostly old fruit, some type of jerky, and berries.

You look back at the gaunt Elf that you lead you here, and you see him ambling down the hallway, almost out of sight.

It’s your choice as to if you enter. Regardless of where you are at, you hear the steady plodding steps of other guards as they patrol the corridor outside of this room. You remember hearing them earlier on your way in. Subconsciously, you note that they will probably pass this room once every ten minutes. Other sounds regular to a keep echo throughout the stone walls. You occasionally hear the clanging sound of soldiers training, the soft patted sounds of servants scurrying, and an arrogant voice yelling out commands. No servants in this room, you realize. They must be frightened of something. Your eyes flicker back to the bloody wall for a moment.

The house of Larul Nidthe...

OOC - Don't know if I was clear enough, but you are outside the room looking in.

OOC - Great time to get to know each other IC. :D

OOC - We may have two new members join us. Mod posts will be made without them until their first post, which will be following some type of introduction.
Last edited by Solidsam on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lokil
Warrior

Post by Lokil »

IC: It was raining, again. "at least it isnt hailing", Akish thought while pulling his cloak closer around him. The last couple days in Vikarh were terrible, eventhough he seemingly was the only one who felt the chill. "It will take a little longer till I'm used to the land of my fathers". He was living aimlessly in the city, one night sleeping here the other somewhere else. Until he heard that one word. "Artifact" he turned around and saw a group of druchii listening to a scarred faced elf who seemed to be hiring mercenaries for some task to recover said artifact. He stepped closer and listened intrigued... "in two weeks, hmm hate to wait this long but finally there is something worht dying for".

After traveling Akish understood why he was allowed two weeks to get here, it was a long travel on foot and carriages. Almost broke and very tired he arrived at the keep. Looking for the scarred elf that introduced him to this whole adventure he only saw some druchii who looked like his brains were frozen a couple centuries ago. "no wonder in this shivering cold" he thought. After saying the code word he gave him a look, that was a little bit too friendly, while letting him in, "now keep your hands off me", Akish thought, hoping he left all those queer elfs who were attracted to their own gender in Ulthuan... being led through the estate Akish noticed that the Lord had to come from money, "not much indeed but enough for starters." After passing some corridors and stairs, and feeling chilled again, Akish wondered where the heck he was being led. terrible architecture he noticed. Another room with scrolls and weapons and then the guide stopped and walked back giving him another look that left him feel uncomfortable. Akish saw others here as well, one male and two female druchii, both pleasing to the eye but different altogether, one in robes and orderly appearance while the others had a wild look to them, Akish liked the wild Druchii with her long black hair in particular. "If she knew what I'm thinking right now she would probably break my arm, or worse" he thought and grinned. Now he took a look at the other druchii. "a shaggy fellow" he decided, "a shade, from the looks of it". Trying to put on his most believable dark elf smirk he said "Seems like I'm in the right place, I'm Akish, did I miss the fun?" pointing at the place with the blood and the chaines.

OOC: Akish will smalltalk and try to get some info about the mission, If the others walk into the next room he will follow to hopefully meet the Lord of the estate and get the mission started. He will try his hardest to seem "normal" for Dark Elf standards...
OOC: I hope this is ok for a first post, if you have any suggestions let me know.
Nightcall
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Nightcall »

Clutching her iron staff, the top adorned with a serpent holding a dark gem between its teeth, Ithilsyn cast her gaze into the room before her. It had been some time since she had last been this far north. Believing her quest to power to lie across the sea in the lands of their traitor kin, she was surprised that fate had drawn her here.

Casting the bones had sent her to Vikarh, the gritty town of sell swords and cut-throats. It was in the tavern that she had taken lodgings that her path had revealed itself. A druchii, severely maimed from some sort of misadventure, had spoken of Ghrond, of an artefact to the north. The fortress city from which she had come, so many years ago, was now besieged. The Witch King himself had commanded a party recover the artefact and deliver it to some House she had not heard of. Coin would be paid. Ithilsyn had agreed to the quest, letting the messenger believe it was duty to His Dread Majesty that had driven her. And yet her dreams had been haunted of the rippling skies, the dead plains, and rainstorms of blood, of the Umbra Chaotica. This artefact interested her greatly.

And so she had arrived at the house of Larul Nidthe twenty days later. Located in a small settlement just south of Ghrond, the small keep was nothing extraordinary. After uttering the password, she had gained entrance and led to some sort of waiting room. The gaunt druchii that had led her inside had not even offered her a drink, and she tutted at his lack of etiquette as he ambled down the hallway. "Clearly the Lord of the house is no man of good breeding," She thought to herself, "or else he would have beaten some manners into his servants."

She removed her cape, casually folding it over one arm, and gracefully stepped into the room. Examining the table, she also noticed the weapons, and signs of recent violence about the chamber. Scrolls and maps were scattered on a table in the middle of the chamber, as was a meagre excuse for a welcoming meal.

Striding across what she assumed to be the briefing room, Ithilsyn took a seat at the table, smoothing her skirt. She reached forwards with a slender hand and took a handful of berries from a bowl on the table. As she slowly snacked on the fruit, she cast her gaze around herself, noting others were arriving. A male wearing outdated light armour, sporting a shaven head, introduced himself. Ithilsyn regarded the stranger with her dark eyes as he gestured to the spilled blood.

'Missed the fun?' she asked. 'I certainly hope not.' she added, with a lascivious smile before popping another berry into her mouth.

Ithilsyn enters the room, takes a seat, and waits for the others to arrive before introducing herself properly.

OOC: I haven't mentioned the others yet as they haven't posted their entrance. I can amend though if it helps the flow of things.
Casaythe Blackstorm - Warrior (Corsair) - Group 22
Skills: Awareness, Endurance
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations
Stats: WS4, S4, T5, D3, I4

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

It had been too long since Nathra had tasted adventure, and this was but a prelude to greater things. A permeable sense shimmered in an invisible nimbus, she could almost taste the anticipation in the acrid air. More likely it was the stench of stagnant blood. The shade stood looking into the room, her guide had made no mention of what was expected of her, he had simply left her standing in the doorway.

When in doubt, follow the scent of blood. The Nobless strolled into the room and took it all in with a cursory glance. All manner of detritus littered the morbid room, Nathra took no notice of the mess and instead studied the weapons lining the racks. They were decently made but nothing special. She fingered the rune on the hilt of her finely crafted short sword, the sword which had once belonged to her father.

Of course, there were others in the room when she walked in. Nathra gave each of them but a cursory glance, raising an eyebrow at the male and flashing the seated female a thin but leisurely smile. The looks were short, enough to glean enough information for a first impression, but not long enough for them to take offence at her attention.

The female in the room was sitting at one of the tables, she was ornately dressed - or not dressed as the case may be. Obviously a mage. The shade had known scant few mages in her short years of existence, two to be precise, but Nathra was only barely an adult. She wears even less than I do. Oh, think I might like that one.

The male didn't look that much older than her, perhaps about two decades at a stretch. He was also similarly armed to herself, with two swords and throwing daggers. He also wore outdated but sturdy looking armour. Looks a decent fellow to have as an ally in a scrap, at least.

The two of them could not have been here for long. They spoke as if they'd just met and were breaking the ice, not as if they knew each other intimately. She felt the urge to contribute to the conversation, but what could she say? Must mind my manners, will wait until spoken to.

Nathra will speak if she is spoken to and will introduce herself if asked.

OOC: Had to edit my post (lots) as Lokil beat me to it... Then Nightcall did the same, lol :(
I would have thought Akish would be first to arrive (since you were first to post), and the rest would arrive whenever they post, but never mind ;)
Sorry to not give your character a mention Arturo, but you haven't posted yet :)
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Arturo
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Arturo »

C: So this is what a keep looks like in the inside. Rafan thought while walking up the stairs with the others. He had heard the tales at the campfires of his clan but this one was nothing like anything he had heard of. He felt unwelcome, like the building didn't want him there. He missed the wilderness already.

To shrug off the feeling he concentrated on the other elves. They seemed capable enough and one of them seemed like the wilderness type. Not from a clan but a shade nevertheless he reckoned. The manners mage on the other hand screamed citydweller, but even Rafan had to admit she was quite the looker. Then again it's not good messing with mages, never know when they'll explode. He couldn't quite get a grasp on the bald male. It seemed like he was trying to hide something, but it just didn't occur to Rafan what it was.

The sight of the room stopped his pondering abruptly. The grey stonewalled room seemed nothing like a dungeon, sturdy tables, weapon racks and all, yet the smell of fresh blood filled his nostrils. What had happened here he could only guess, but it was nothing pleasant, that he was sure of. The voice of the male cut his thought short. Strange ideas of fun this Akish has indeed, and it seems the mage is no better, if they like spontaneous blood splatters I better watch myself. Strange ideas of fun this Akish has indeed, and it seems the mage is no better, if they like spontaneous blood splatters I better watch myself.

"If getting my blood splattered on the walls is called fun I'm glad I missed all of it. I'm Rafan but I didn't catch your name or should I just call you Mage since you definetely look like one", Rafan commented then turned to the one who had been all quiet ever since they had arrived. "And who might you be?"

Rafan tries to learn the names of the others while keeping an eye on the room

OOC: Heh no problem, seems I'm fashionably late for the game anyway :D

Oh and since I'm having trouble with the OOC-thread I'm just gonna say it here. I'm going to be on a holiday next week from monday to friday(20.-24.3.) and I have no idea if I'll be able to post during that time :(
Rafan Ashpacer
Male Shade Group 37
Stats: Ws 5 S2 T3 D4 I4
Equipment: Crossbow (22/25 bolts), Short sword, Dagger, Shade cloak, Rations
Skills: Precise shot
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

The bald-headed rogue had not replied, and Ithilsyn sighed to herself with boredom. Crossing her legs, she drummed the table impatiently with one hand, her long fingernails tapping the wood.

After a few moments another elf stepped into the room. Dressed strangely, she was a beauty, despite the scars that showed on her flesh and the tattoos on her face. "Are those harpy wings?" Ithilsyn thought as she regarded the female's cloak. Noting a talon among the bones and fetishes in the druchii's hair, she assumed they were. She turned from inspecting the weapons, regarded those that were already here, and cast Ithilsyn a thin smile. The sorceress nodded politely back, not wishing to offend. A smile only ever meant one of two things; that the bearer meant to assert their dominance, or that they were after something.

A moment later, a male joined them. His long, black hair, was tied back with straps, and Ithilsyn noticed his eyes were as striking as the females. "Green eyes. Most unusual." she thought, noticing that the male had brown flecks in his. He had a wild look about him, and Ithilsyn hoped that he was not a tribesman from the hills. They were so primative with their rituals of salt and meat, and had the mannerisms of animals. Not much better than the cattle that worshipped the ruinous powers to the north of Malekith's domain. She wondered if he had ever taken a bath, and could not help but smirk at the thought. Much bolder than the others, he introduced himself as Rafan, and asked for names.

Ithilsyn stopped tapping the table and looked at the druchii aloofly. "I am Ithilsyn of the House Khadathaibh, sorceress in service to the Witch King's convent of Ghrond. The fortress is besieged, I mean to save it.", she lied.

She held her gaze with the shade, to gauge his reaction. It had been some time since she had left Ghrond, her departure somewhat unofficial. The less these Druchii knew, the better.

Making friends and influencing people...

OOC: Just some "getting to know you banter! I'll post again later to respond to Leunel Arvaya's arrival. :) Yellow is fine, BTW!
Last edited by Nightcall on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Equipment: Short Sword, Glaive, Medium Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, clip of bolts [11/20], 405 gold, Talisman of Darkness, Tool Kit, 2 months' rations

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nathra was finished studying the weapons and had settled herself into a shadowy corner of the room, from here she studied the chains and manacles which hung from the ceiling. She had barely gotten herself comfortable when another Druchii entered the room. He was obviously a shade and used to hardship, whereas Nathra was a shade who was used to luxury. His clothes were sturdy and practical, and there was a definate ruggish charm about him. That was, until he spoke.

He's obviously not used to the polite ways of society. The mage didn't give you her name, and I am disinclined to give you mine. After being rude to the seated lady, Nathra then assumed he was asking her who she might be, but it was the mage who answered the question. Ithilsyn of the House Khadathaibh... Wow, that's a mouthful. The shade wasn't sure if the rest of what she said was truth or not as it didn't sound quite right, but for the time being Nathra would take it as truth.

"A pleasure to meet you, dear lady." Nathra piped in from the back of the room as she took out her dagger and began cleaning her nails, they were a tad haggard and broken despite their cleanliness. She did not give the other shade the courtesy of a second look.

Making polite conversation.

OOC: Once again Nightcall you beat me to my post. I had quite a lot written out but it's for after the Sorceress arrives so I will post it at a more suitable time, probably after said Sorceress actually arrives and gives us her epic speech ;)

EDIT: When she does arrive to do her thing, would you guys let me have the first post? It is all written and saved already, I would just need to post it.

Edit again! Nathra's introduction is included in this post so you don't need to wait for her to introduce herself prior to Ms Sorceress' arrival. But I can always edit it so feel free to beat me to it again if you want to post, lol
Last edited by Minigrift on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Lokil
Warrior

Post by Lokil »

"If getting my blood splattered on the walls is called fun I'm glad I missed all of it.". The shade Rafan said. Damnation, I thought it was so Dark elf like to make fun of gore and violence, at least the mage seemed to like it Akish thought. Ithilsyn of the House Khadathaibh, thats a name, he thought and felt a shiver as he studied her further. Turning his head to the shade with the Harpy cloak he said "Seems like we all know the names of each other but yours, fair Lady"

Trying to make conversation and find out the names of his possible companions on this upcoming task

OOC: sure you can post first if you like
• Name: Akish Shadowborn
• Male Khainite
• WS4 S3 T3 D4 I4
• Equipment: Dagger, 2 Short Swords, Throwing Dagger x4, Light Armour,
• Skills: Basic Stealth
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

'Not squeamish are we, Rafan?' Ithilsyn replied to the wildman. She purred the words as she posed the question, as if savouring his discomfort. The architecture and decor of the keep was ghastly, and she imagined whoever had decorated the room with vital fluids had attempted to brighten the place up a little. She never had been a fan of "rustic charm".

Her attempts at toying with the druchii were interrupted as the female greeted her from a corner of the room. Ithilsyn turned her attention from the male shade and smiled, amused by the elf's nail cleaning. 'Witch's blessings. I am relieved that at least somebody here has conversational skills. Our expedition to the north was beginning to look rather bleak.'

She leant back in her seat as the one who had introduced himself as Akish enquired about the druchii's identity. It was in her best interest to gauge the strengths and characteristics of the others here.

Still chit-chatting

OOC: I'll shut up now with Ith until the next Mod post. :lol: Edit: And sure MiniGrift, I will hold fire with posting until you've responded once Sam posts again.
Last edited by Nightcall on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mod, Group 38
Arturo
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Arturo »

So, a sorceress of the convent then, he thought and frowned slightly. If that's all of it then why are we still waiting our host. No, there's more to that story, I'm sure of it. Apparently the mage mistook his frown for a worried one and teasingly asked if he was feeling uncomfortable. If se thinks I'm concerned about her presence then so be it, she'll change her tone soon enough when we go out into the wilds. He gave Ithilsyn a stern glance before turning to find a chair from which he could see the rest of them properly.

When he sat down he heard the other female reply to the introduction and couldn't help rolling her eyes at the remark the sorceress gave about the journey. "If conversation was the only thing to be worried about in the wastes we wouldn't be here in the first place", he retorted but regretted it right after the words had left his mouth. Have you learned nothing you fool! Don't make enemies of those about to hunt with you, unless you crave a bolt in the back! He sighed silently at himself. "Then again it's good someone takes care of that too, so we don't bore to death before all the action." he said with a bit friendlier tone. It's too little too late, but it's better than nothing, he thought and was glad Akish interrupted his thoughts by requesting the female shades name.

While waiting for an answer he decided to help himself to the dried fruits on the table. Mmm, that is tasty. Not sure if that sorceress would approve but if she thinks we'll get anything better out there she'll be surprised. With that in mind Rafan leaned back in his chair and raised his right foot on his left knee and took another bite of the fruit while waiting for an answer to Akish's question.

Waiting for the female shade to answer while enjoying a dried fruit. Will engage in conversation if spoken to but otherwise will be happy to just observe his to be companions.

OOC: I think it's just fair that you get the first post since you already have it written and all, Minigrit :)
Rafan Ashpacer
Male Shade Group 37
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nathra flashed the bald Khainite a grin when he had fished for her name, had he actually asked she may have given it to him. Ithilsyn then asnwered the rather civil greeting Nathra had given. Conversational skills? I only greet you, as is proper. Rafan was talking then as well, seems like Nathra would have to wait a little before putting her 'conversational skills' into practice.

So far we have an edgy shade, a mage of dubious talent and a bald fop. Wonder who else will show up? Rafan snapped at the mage for giving Nathra a compliment, though misplaced, it was still a compliment. She is toying with him and he doesn't like it. Not surprising, really, males are often like that.

"No need to be uncivilised, Rafan, there will be oppurtunities aplenty for indulgent discourse and tantalising action, no doubt." The shade looked up breifly from the nonchalant task of cleaning her clean nails. "If it is indeed to be bleak, dear lady, then the two of us will just have to make things more interesting. Certainly wouldn't want the males dying of boredom, would we?"

The heiress put her dagger away as she stepped from the wall and bowed extravagantly towards the bald Khainite. "My name is Nathra." She introduced herself, and offered Akish a flirtatious grin.

Chatting.

OOC: Thank you guys for allowing me to go first after the mod post, however, that will no longer be necessary! So, just go ahead and post, no need to stall on my account 8)

Sam, I apologise if I had inadvertantly slowed the RP down, that was not my intention. This shouldn't happen again so it would be good if we can keep a moderate/regular pace from now on.
Solidsam
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Solidsam »

You hear several heavy footsteps and conversation dies down. Two soldiers in medium armor arrive at the door, flanking a pale, blood-spattered sorceress. The blood contrasts sharply with her pale skin and dark hair, and you sense a deep magical aura around her.

The Sorceress strides to the center of the room, wiping her hands on a dark red cloth. She pulls a strand of hair away from her eyes, careful to avoid getting blood on her face.

“One of the beastmen decided to play dead. He fooled one of my soldiers. I showed both of them my idea of playing dead.”

A slow grin spreads across her face. "I heard a bit of your banter. Very interesting group, compared to the last lot."

She takes off a blood-soaked tunic and tosses it on the floor.

“And naturally, the servants are nowhere to be found.”

She jerks her head to from the bloodied tunic to one of her guards, he nods curtly and walked swiftly out of the room.

The Sorceress surveys the group, glancing from each members eyes to their weapons. She pauses at Ithilsyn, keeping eye contact for nearly a minute. A subtle whisper of wind whips around, you have the feeling it wasn’t a spell, but some type of attempt to gleam information. The sorceress’s lip twitches and she looks away.

"My name is Sorceress Leunel Arvaya. You are obviously more than simple soldiers out for easy coin, and that’s what we need. Rikael told you nearly all that you need to know, but since I feel you’ll get farther than the last group, I will give you more detail.”

She leans to sit on a table, then glances to the door. You turn and see a different soldier nervously looking from the Sorceress to the hallway.

“Yes, Cevul.”

The guard clears his throat. “We have another mercenary.”

"Help him find his way."

The guard nods and quickly leaves the room. She turns back to the group.

“We sent out soldiers originally, but any group large enough to be effective against marauder bands is large enough to be seen from miles away. The Chaos wastes are possibly the worst place to be outnumbered, we lost dozens before we began switching tactics. Now we’re looking for a smaller group, one that can move fast, hide when needed, and get me what I need.”

“There is an artifact, in an ancient temple. It must of been buried or sealed away somehow, because I haven’t seen it before, and so far it’s been uncontested. I need it. Bring it to me, and you will be rewarded.”

Her eye’s glance to Nathra’s jeweled dagger, then to Akish and his armor. Her eyes pose questions, although she doesn’t ask any.

“There is much to gain in this world, and I can help you, if you are useful.”

She reaches into a pouch to pull out a bright blue eye, handing from severed nerve which is wrapped around some type of bone. She holds out a scroll and the eye, which twitches as it glances back and forth.

”Take this map, it’ll get you close enough for my charm to be able to help you locate the artifact. Once you are a day or two away, the eye will strain against the bone and point to the artifact. Don’t break it.”

“None of you seem like riders, so you will need to march, before you leave, give me your names and what you can do. I will send the information ahead to the Kith Vull watchtower and tell them who to expect. They will give you rations, resupply bolts, and maybe let you stay a night.”

She looks at the shades.

”Ordinarily, the groups we hire march with the soldiers, but you lot seem like you could move faster on your own. The soldiers will need to link up with other forces before heading to the Watchtower anyway.”

”Let me know if you have any questions, and decide how you want to travel. Once the servant fetches my attire I will report to the Lord and you will be escorted out.”

A guard appears at the door and shoves in a slave who is holding tattered rucksacks. "Sorceress," he says, as he bows and walks out.

The Sorceress gestures to the rucksacks. "Simple rations that will last you a couple days. Take what you need.

The slave nervously arranges the rucksacks and backs out of the room, bowing as low as he could.

Someone will need to take initiavie and grab the eye-charm, the map or both.

The Sorceress asked for your names and a short description on what you do. Now's your chance to state if you want a specific role in the group. (Scout, ranged support, first in melee.) Feel free to be creative. :D

OOC - @ Minigrift No apologies necessary from anyone. :D . I like where this is going.

OOC - Feel free to ask Sorceress questions, decide if you want to march with the soldiers or try to go on ahead of them to cover more ground. You can discuss with yourselves or simply answer.

OOC - You guys did such an awesome job with current post protocol (with bold text for speech, etc) that I'm editing my posts to follow suit.

OOC - Smiler666, your intro is all up to you.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Who might I be? I might be Hekarti reborn as a jugglers dream, I might be your mother in disguise, I may even be a Bretonnian damsel in distress. But I am better than all and any of those things… Her thoughts were interrupted by two set of heavy feet that were heard approaching the room. Two guardsmen entered, quickly followed by a Sorceress.

She had an undeniable presence about her, Nathra was no mage but even she could sense this person had power. The sorceress took off a sweaty tunic and threw it to the floor then made some remark about her servants being suspiciously absent. Nathra was amused but chose, probably wisely so, to keep her face impassive. Those servants, I wouldn’t like to be in their shoes any time soon.

The Sorceress locked gazes with the seated mage and the air became still for a second, Nathra felt nothing untoward, she only sensed a slight stillness creep into the room. The woman spoke and the group listened. After a time Leunal glanced at Nathra’s sword. She is curious, as am I. What does she sense? The sorceress offered them both a charm and a map to help the group find their way, Nathra made no move to collect them.

When Leunal was finishing her speech backpacks were brought in for each of them, the Nobless ignored the slave and the packs for the time being and continued to give the Sorceress her full attention. She had asked for their names and what they were capable of and Nathra wished to be the first to volunteer her information. Nathra hated repeating herself, better to introduce herself to everyone simultaneously than as individuals. She had previously grown bored when she had given the group her name, but the now the Sorceress was here things were rather more exciting.

The shade stepped forward from the back of the room. “I am Nathra, of House Severain. Born and raised in Karond Kar, but the wilderness shaped me into the Lady you see before you.” As Nathra spoke in her melodious and sultry voice she thumbed the rune on the pommel of her short sword – her family insignia – this was in no way and act of aggression, it was simply an affectation Nathra had become accustomed to, more than that, it was a constant reminder of her birthright.

“My talents are many and varied. I excel at fighting in close-quarters and at range. Against groups I will kill or maim the weaker adversaries with a hail of throwing stars before taking on the stronger enemies with deadly strikes of my blades, using obstructions and my natural athleticism to my advantage. Skill, agility and speed make me all the more efficient when I hunt, and I hunt to kill." Nathra grinned wickedly. "Stealth as another ally of mine, something which I will use when necessary.” Nathra tried to give a clear and concise summary of herself without coming across as arrogant or naïve. Though barely an adult, Nathra possessed the confidence and self-assuredness of a much older and more experienced Druchii.

"I am accustomed to working alone, though I have led bands of mercenaries before. With this group I could act as a scout or as an advance infiltration unit. Or I could just kill our enemies in a suitable gruesome fashion. I am not fussy so long as there is quarry to hunt and enemies to kill."

She took a deep breath and relaxed somewhat before finishing what she had to say. “I would prefer the five of us” - Nathra included the mercenary that had yet to find his way - “act together as a group, and I feel we would accomplish things much more easily if we worked by ourselves. Since I am evidently saddled with the pleasant company of these noble Druchii here, I will leave any questions to them, for I have none.”

Think that covers everything. Once finished Nathra bowed to the Sorceress and stepped back to resume her position at the rear of the room.

Letting the group know what she is capable of!

OOC: Seems I got to post in first anyways. Awesome :lol:
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

Valeth hobbled down a corridor, following the house-soldier who had finally turned up to guide him to where the meeting was taking place, leaning heavily on his staff with each step. The hood of his cloak remained up despite being out of the rain, for the temple has eyes even this far north, Valeth snarled in the shadows of his hood at the thought of his self-imposed exile, no matter how necessary it had been the idea of it still stuck in his throat.

He arrived in the doorway of a large room while a sorceress, presumably the one who had visions of the north, was mid-speech. Pah, in my day having visions of the wastes was reason for a visit from Har Ganeth's finest, not being given armies to throw away on what was most likely a wild goose chase after nothing more than a shiny, chaos-infested rock. Times have indeed changed since I was shut up in the libraries...

Valeth realised he had stopped listening to the sorceress in favour of his silent rant and he quickly refocussed on the girl's briefing in time to hear her ask for names proficiencies and a rough little girl responded with an airy title and a description of the typical filthy Autarii. Valeth shifted his hood back slightly, just enough that the lower half of his face was visible and stepped into the room, "I would prefer to keep my name to myself, at least till we leave druchii soil," turning to the sorceress he added, "if you must send a name to the watchtower then it can be 'One-Eye'."

"As for my abilities: I am more than experienced enough in mêlée for the scum that inhabit the wastes, though combat is often the bluntest and last resort of the tactless, if things do turn bad I would prefer to avoid danger than pit my old bones against it. In my long years I have fought alone, with groups, and as part of armies, but in my dotage I should probably keep an advisory role." Valeth chuckled and shuffled over to a seat by the table and picked out a large hunk of jerky.

introductions and a snack :D
Opus vos liberaverit
Lokil
Warrior

Post by Lokil »

Still wondering who was responsible for the formidable slaughter Akish got lost in his thoughts, "footsteps, finally Lord Nidthe will inform us about our task". As the three Druchii came around the corner Akish knew this wasnt the Lord. "He sents us his housekeeper" was his first thought but then he noticed the bloodsprinkeled tunic and more importantly he felt a magical aura of power when she passed him and he knew he had to be cautios around this one. He didnt fail to notice her glance at his armour and the little stare off she had with Ithilsyn in between her sentences.

After her introduction and speech some Rucksacks with provisions where brought. "We will probably need more than that" Akish thought.
Nathra introduced herself first "quite full of herself and of noble birth, strange how it seems that those two always come together" he thought chuckling to himself.

Then an elderly Elf joind the group with a guard and introduced himsel as One eye. Akish didnt let the old Elf fool him, he could see that there was more power in this Elf than he would want to make us believe and Akish had a good idea of what this One eye was capable of doing.

"I am known as Akish Shadowborn, I have slayed many times sacrificing my foes to Khaine as an offering. I have a little experience in infiltrating enemy lines and improvising in the field", he couldnt help but smirk a little about the memories these words brought back to him, " youre Lord and you are in Luck, this task seems like my kind of thing". Wondering about how much he could reveal, the old man seemed to think it wise to sorround himself in shadows, he added " Sadly because of the nature of my work most of the witnesses of my prowess dont live to tell the tale, seems like I have to make an exception this time seeing that I wont be working alone." He took a look at the map and eye " I will take the map, but dont care abot the eye, maybe our mage would like it?"

Rethinking the information Leunel had given them he said "Sorceress Leunel a few questions if you allow: whoever kept this artifact hidden probably meant to keep it that way, do we have any information about who or what might have kept it safe and who we will be dealing with? Is there anything you can tell us about the artifacts powers? Also I see your Lord has his keep well equipped, we will need a few extra things other than provisions. Lastly I wonder what the reward looks like, coin is of little value to me."

"How much do you value this aritfact little sorceress, how much?"

Telling them about his skills and awating answers to his questions[/b]
• Male Khainite
• WS4 S3 T3 D4 I4
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

The wild Rafan replied to her remark with barbed sarcasm, before speaking more favourably, then busying himself by eating some dried fruit. "Nervous, hmm?" Ithilsyn thought to herself, noting the druchii seemed to be quick to temper, yet unsure of himself. This one would be useful. He could be sent in first to the dangerous places they were most likely to be visiting. His rashness would draw any peril from the rest of the party, she imagined.

The female dressed in a harpy wing cloak replied to Ithilsyn's comment with refreshing wit, before replying to the Khainite and introducing herself as Nathra. The sorceress laughed at the remark with a melodious chuckle, edged with cruelty. 'Oh, I can find ways to be amused, have no fear of that.' she grinned, throwing the wildman a brief smile. 'And should all else fail, we can always play dice, can't we?' she added innocently, twirling a strand of hair through her fingers, returning her attention to Nathra.

The sound of marching feet caused the room to fall silent. Ithilsyn looked up to the doorway to see two armoured druchii approach. They flanked a blood stained sorceress. "Nice entrance." she thought to herself, "Yet nothing more than dramatics. This one wants to give the impression she is to be feared." Ithilsyn sat quietly, with a confident posture as their hostess entered the briefing room.

The sorceress stared at Ithilsyn for what felt like a dragon's age, and her power was felt clearly. She was trying to reach into Ithilsyn's mind with her will, to force some sort of thought from her or gauge her weaknesses. A needle of pain wracked through her head, and she was careful not to reveal anything, instead disguising her thoughts and secrets by reciting to herself the ingredients to wyrmsblood poultice as she used her strength to conceal the pain. Finally the gaze was broken, the sorceress unlocking her eyes. Ithilsyn realised she had been gripping her staff tightly, and loosened her grasp as she allowed herself to relax.

Leunel Arvaya then introduced herself, explaining the cause of the mess in the chamber. Ithilsyn wondered whether the beastman's hide had been saved to make a warm cloak, but judging the sorceress's wanton display of violence, doubted it very much. As the Leunel cast off her tunic and sat on the table, one of the guards wandered off, the second announcing the arrival of another mercenary. Ithilsyn struggled against the desire to roll her eyes, instead keeping a look of interest and amiability forced on her face. She listened carefully as the sorceress spoke of the artefact, and previous parties that had not returned. She forced herself not to remark inwardly of her suspicions and thoughts on the matter. To do so would be to condemn herself.

'Carry rations, how novel.' she instead retorted, looking at the heap of rucksacks. 'It will look simply delightful with this gown. I see our hostess's taste is impeccable.' she added sarcastically, still irritated by the magical intrusion a moment ago.

She held her tongue as the female shade stepped forward and spoke. Despite her young age, she seemed capable, and Ithilsyn did not get the sense that any of her claims were exaggerated. The final mercenary arrived, introduced himself coarsely, then took a seat and began gnawing a piece of dried meat. Ithilsyn looked at him for a moment disapprovingly, and wondered whether the old codger still had any teeth left to chew the jerky. 'A pleasure to meet you, "One-Eye". 'she replied, turning her attention to the disembodied blue eye the sorceress still held between finger and thumb. It twitched as it seemed to focus on the gathered Druchii in turn.

She sat quietly as Leunel Arvaya was questioned by Akish, the Khainite. The questions were valid, but Ithilsyn had her suspicions that his queries did not address. He suggested she might carry the eye, and she thought that would be an excellent idea. When he had finished speaking, she rose from her seat and looked at the sorceress. 'Dear sister, I am Ithilsyn of the Convent of Ghrond. As a fellow weaver of dhar, you should know what I am capable of.' she announced, with a thin, almost threatening smile. 'My powers reach to enemies at a distance, ridding them of their affliction of life. I am also well versed in scrying, reading the bones, and some divination. I have served our "beloved husband" for many years. But enough about me.' she smiled warmly. 'I have a question about that eye of yours. It works both ways does it not? Not only will it guide us, but will guide your vision... that you might keep watch of our progress, no?'

Is suspicious but doesn't want to give anything away. Isn't pleased she will be "roughing it".

OOC: Hope her powers are okay, wanted to reflect her fairly low RP stats and abilities.

Mod, Group 38
Solidsam
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Solidsam »

The Sorceress listened carefully, paying close attention to them as the group members spoke.

"Nathra, of House Severain." She smiled after Nathra's introduction, once again eyeing the dagger. Her eyes linger on you before she turns to Valeth. She listens to his introduction and smirks when he doesn't give out his name.

"One-Eye, who values anonymity, but emenates proficiency..."

In response to Akish, the Sorceress shifts position and crosses her arms.

"The artifact was buried or sealed away. Some type of old magic kept it hidden. Something must of disturbed the ancient rites, or perhaps it was only meant to be sealed away for so long. I can't answer more than that. What I can tell you is that most likely you will be robbing an old tomb, complete with it's traps and puzzles. However, if you don't make haste, you will be competing with others to secure the artifact. I can't of been the only one to notice it."

"The artifacts powers? Her eyes lost focus. It will... It can... bestow certain attributes, but of course all Magic Items do, even if most can't see them. Possibly it is the remnants of a powerful being, so there is the chance of communication with the dead. Perhaps even the possibility of Necromancy. Of course, this is all an estimate."

"Your reward is yet to be determined" She slipped a hand into a pouch and pulled out gold coins and simple gems.

"It will vary depending on the state of the artifact you return, but I can tell you this is more profitable than most work you'd be offerred in these parts. Simpler and quicker as well. Perhaps the equivalent of four or five hundred gold in gems if the artifact is as valuable as I think it is. "

"Also, several of our officers have died, provided you return, you can choose one of their fine weapons. I'm not in the habit of giving out weapons of those in rank, but the men need to learn success is rewarded, not simply service. "
Sorceress Arvaya smiles. "Really quite an opportunity."

"For that reason, I can't give you anything other than simple tools that are discarded after battles or during marches." She jerks her head at last soldier in the room, and he rushes to leave the room, presumably to fetch the gear.

She hands the map to Akish, and the soldier that left returns with a rolled up bundle of weapons. He unfurls it on a nearby table, and you can see a motley collection of daggars, shortswords, simple axes, and a mace, all of them worn but still functional.

"Nothing to replace your armor, Akish, as the amor, shields, and spears are reserved for our troops. But like I said, this is dangerous, but profitable."

Done answering his questions, she turned to Ithilsyn's statement, raising an eyebrow at the sarcasm.

"I'm glad you like my taste, I'm actually looking to make an addition to my wardrobe." Sorceress Leunel looked Ithilsyn over. "Good skin is hard to come by."

She shook her head at Ithilsyn's question.

"No. Very clever of you to think of that, but I don't wish to see wastes or ruins any more than I have to. Keep the eye wrapped in a rag for all I care. Once you are near enough, the charm will be very obvious about the direction you need to go."

She extends a hand holding the eye-charm, smiling wickedly at Ithilsyn.

"Sister... Ithilsyn, from Ghrond... When you return, I may want to try your hand at divining. I'm sure I can find what you would need from this estate."

She smiles again, her eyes unreadable.

A guard strode in, followed by a hunched servant who throws a robe over the Sorceress, but seems unwilling to touch Leunel's skin or the blood.

The Sorceress curls her lip in disgust and grabs a new garment from the servant.

"I believe this is all I have time for right now. Since you wish to move independently of our body of soldiers, Gevhal can show you the North gate."

The Sorceress moves to leave, grabbing the guard that brought the servant in and whispering in his ear as they leave the room.

OOC -First dice rolls! :D Akish hears the words scout and mountains when the Sorceress whispers, Ithilsyn hears scout, mountains, karond kar, gold.

OOC - Akish your map has directions to head north, then go around a mountain chain, then it's a fairly straight path to the Kith Vull Watchtower. You estimate that if you go through the mountain chain, it may shave off a day off a three or four day march, but you will be completely off any roadway.

OOC - Next modpost will come once you guys leave. Gevhal the guard is waiting patiently at the door.

Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Nathra was glad that she had the opportunity to introduce herself first. Now everyone knew her name and what she was capable of. The young shade could have taken either of the items the Sorceress offered them but she instead allowed the others to burden themslves with either responsibility.

An old and worn looking Druchii entered the room just as she was informing everyone present of her talents, the ones relevant to the task ahead, anyway. She gave him a cursory once over after she had finished saying her piece to the group. One-Eye, as secretive as he is ancient, makes a good first impression, though. Nathra smirked at the thought but gave the old codger no more of her attention.

The bald Khainite and the mage both had questions for the Sorceress and Nathra listened intently to her answers to try and glean any useful information. The answers were nothing she could not have guessed at herself, still, she was thankful for anything that could be of use once they were underway.

Nathra had everything she needed, the shade was self-sufficient if nothing else, but packs of provisions would indeed by a luxury to have - that would not be enough to deprive Nathra of a hunt if the opportuinity presented itself, however. Gold is useful but not necessary, likewise with gems except they are prettier to look at. A new dagger could prove useful, and the chance of some new aquaintances has all sorts of... interesting possibilities.

Nathra is ready to go but will stay and chat a bit if the group wishes to!
Lokil
Warrior

Post by Lokil »

Akish smiled at the vague answers the Sorceress had given them and figured it was for a reason they hired mercenaries to fulfill this mission. While he was looking at the map and studying the path it suggests he determined that it would be best to make this travel as short as possible and go through the mountains to save a day of marching and smalltalk. He didnt have much to talk about anyway, no ambition no dream, he didnt really know what kept him going and motivated. "Maybe the killing?" Akish indeed felt most alive when he was taking it. Just as he was tracing his finger along the new way through the mountains he heard the Sorceress whisper "scouts" and "mountains". "You wretch, we will see who will scout whom" he thought. Maybe it was some kind of test to see if they were worthy to go further than the tower but it all smelled of treachery. "I will have to consult with the group" he thought. Akish didnt like when he had to rely on other poeple and their opinion, but already before this journy really started he saw himself in need of others.

Observing One eye he noticed the familiar feats of his bodylanguage and decided that he had to have been trained in the same way Akish himself was trained, he was a Khainite. "The way of Khaine is strong in you, old one" he said as he snatched a dagger of the table that still looked usefull and made preparations to leave.

Akish will wait for the others to get ready. He will try to avoid conversation till they are outside and keep an eye on the old elf[/b]
• Male Khainite
• WS4 S3 T3 D4 I4
Arturo
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Arturo »

I'm being uncivilized? Look who's wearing harpy parts! Rafan decided to leave the remark unanswered and instead chose a different fruit to taste while Nathra gave the group her name. So, she hasn't forgotten who she is. That's a start I guess. It seemed to him that their conversation was but a snarky remark after another, so he couldn't say he wasn't happy when it ended abruptly when yet another sorceress entered the room. Not more of those... Even though not an expert when it came to magic and it's wielders he sensed power radiating from her and decided to play it carefully.

After the sorceress had given the briefing Rafan was surprised when Nathra was the first to open her mouth in introduction, and quite a mouthful it was. Well that was unexpected. Seems we weren't worthy of her time, but give her a sorceress and she won't stop talking. Strange breed these nobles, if she's even telling the thruth, he pondered. Thats when the old "One eye" started to talk. When did he enter? Really I should pay more attention. His introduction was short, but he did seem capable, so Rafan left it at that. If he can manage himself out there he's a useful addition. Never turn away a companion in the wild.

Lost in his thoughts he almost missed Akish's introduction altogether. So much for paying attention I suppose. He was surprised of the khainites interest in the artifact and it's properties and was slightly disappointed by the lack of a proper answer. Were they really supposed to go to the wastes guided by a map and an eye? Didn't sound too great of a hunting plan. He didn't really pay attention to the little exchange of pleasantries the two sorceresses were having, instead concentrating on his snack, and was taken by surprise when the sorceress turned to leave. Am I really that good at hiding that I'm invisible when I sit down for a snack? Oh well.. Instead of making a big deal of it he walked to the table and picked up a dagger, small enough to be conceal but large enough to be used in skinning and cutting any beast they might come across to.

"Well she didn't seem too interested in what I can do, but then again it's pretty much what any shade can, and while she won't be traveling with me, you will, so I'll just go through it quickly. Wilderness is where I grew up, and that is where I know how to move and hunt, so if you need a scout or a tracker I'm your man. I also prefer staying out of combat us much as possible so I can use my crossbow to it's full effect. That said, I'd like to have a look at that map we were given, Akish. Maybe we can figure out the fastest way to that watchtower since those rations aren't going to last forever. Other than that I don't see any reason to linger here. Best we gather what we need and head out there."

Rafan picks up a dagger if any are left then look at the map with Akish. When the route to the watchtower is decided he'll pick up his rations and be ready to leave when the others are ready.

OOC: Back home now and back to being able to post regularly :D
Rafan Ashpacer
Male Shade Group 37
Lokil
Warrior

Post by Lokil »

"Akish. Maybe we can figure out the fastest way to that watchtower since those rations aren't going to last forever."

That saved Akish the embarassment to ask for advice and he was more than happy to consult the shade but still grumbled something about wanting to leave this place while he spread the map on the table to give Rafan a look and anyone else who might want to.

"This is the proposed route the sorceress would have us take, however there is a faster way." Akish points it out with his finger and then turns to the others. "but maybe its best to keep our plans to ourself, every keeps walls have ears..."

Akish hopes that everyone understands his concern that they are being spied on and that it would be best to leave...

OOC Maybe way paranoid but hey he lived as a spy among the asur.. there is bound to be some PTSD :)
• Male Khainite
• WS4 S3 T3 D4 I4
Arturo
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Arturo »

The route Akish pointed would take them through a minor mountain range, nothing big, but it would shave off a couple of days. Well well, the long way or the hard way. I can manage the mountains, but can they, we'll just have to see about that when we get there.

"I think it would be nice to go through the mountains and save that day or a bit more, but I don't want to risk it if it looks like we might get stuck in there with little to no food at all. I know of shades better than me to have gotten themselves stuck in the mountains and never to return because of risks like these so I propose we head to the mountains, see what the weather is like and if it seems like an unnecessary risk we can go around them. In the end it's not that big of a deal, just a few more days on the road." Having said his thoughts aloud he turned his head from the map to Akish and whispered: "I couldn't agree with you more, who knows what spyholes this keep holds and that mountain range looks more than made for an ambush, so keep your eyes open and I'll keep mine, alright.

The khainite seemed to think much in the same way as he, and Rafan was glad of it. Trust, even if misplaced, is often better than no trust. At least in the wilds. Besides he doesn't trust this building and that can't be a bad sign now can it. Having someone to work with again brought back memories of his father. He shook them away. Now was not the time. The thoughts - even after gone - left him with a thirst for fresh air that could only be sated one way.

"Unless anyone has anything to add to the plan we might as well leave this keep. Any conversation not regarding this little quest of ours might as well happen on the road. Of course if you want to linger here so be it. I'll be waiting for you outside", he said and walked to take his rations for the journey.

Rafan will pick up his rations and then head outside for fresh air and will wait for the others just outside the keeps gate
Rafan Ashpacer
Male Shade Group 37
Nightcall

Post by Nightcall »

Ithilsyn listened carefully as the sorceress described the artefact's powers and location. Clearly she was holding back much information, but the clues given were enough. It might bestow the wielder the power of Necromancy. The corner of Ithilsyn's lips curled up into the hint of a smile. She had studied the lore of Death for many years, and such an artefact would be... She quickly halted her train of thought lest Leunel Arvaya delve into her mind again.

Ignoring the discussion completely regarding the map, she stood up and took the eye from the sorceress, holding it by the severed optic nerve. She scrutinised it as Leunel assured her it was not a means for spying on them, watching as the eye wriggled on its stalk. 'Well dear sister, I had best keep it safe.' she replied, dropping the strange item into a small suede pouch hung from her belt.

As the sorceress continued to speak with veiled threats and insults, echoes of words permeated her mind, "Scout... gold... mountains... Karond Kar..." She frowned at this. The watchtowers were to the north, so why was the name of the city of the Tower of Dispair in her mind? Far to the east it was the home of the Beastmasters, and the sorting houses of the slaves harvested from the lands far across the Great Ocean. She would need to get her hands on that map and have a good look at it. But now it was for the best that she just allowed herself to go with the flow.

'I look forward to returning here with the artefact.' she smiled in return, before picking up a tatty backpack with a contemptuous expression. 'Have these been cleaned since they were last worn?' she asked as put her cape back on and she slipped the straps of the rucksack over her slender shoulders. ' No, I suspect not.' she added, noting a smell of body odour and damp emanating from the cloth.

She ignored the weapons upon the table, trusting in her iron staff. 'I will place my trust in those among us that have chosen to scout. I have a feeling I shall soon be in the mountains, and as you surely can tell, I am not accustomed to such... delightful... places.' The sorceress then waited by the doorway, watching as the rash Rafan headed out.

Has the eye in her pouch. Will hold back mentioning Karond Kar for now. Once the rest of the group heads to the gate, she will go with them.

OOC: Welcome back, Arturo! ;)

Mod, Group 38
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

It was not long at all before the group got down to business. Rafan and Akish quickly turned conversation to mission ahead of them. It seemed to Nathra that she was all but forgotten far too quickly, but there were more important things here than her vanity. The shade clasped her hands gently behind her back and her face took on an expression of innocence, her raven black hair shimmered in the lamp light as she stepped lithely over to the table to study the map over Rafan's and Akish's shoulders. The shade lingered and listened long enough to get a firm impression of the map within her mind, and the discussed plan seemed straight-forward enough.

"The quicker way should be better. If trouble does arise I am sure we can overcome it together." The shade moved off to collect one of the packs, she quickly rummaged through it's contents to see if it contained more than field rations. After moving her hair and cloak she tied it securely to her back, using the excess length's of strap to make the backpack as small as possible. Nathra stood to face the group just as the mage was talking.

"Who has chosen to scout? Not you, I imagine." The heiress flashed Ithilsyn a winsome smile. "Don't worry, dear mage, surely the group will take good care of you." After a step closer to the door, she turned to add a comment to Akish. "Something tells me it's not just the keeps walls that have ears, it is doubtful that that divine looking Sorceress would send us off on this mission without some way of keeping tabs on us."

"Since Rafan is evidently in a hurry, we can discuss this further on our travels." Nathra was already halfway though the door before she finished this last remark.

Is leaving to join Rafan at the gate - she might even speak to him about... something :)

OOC: Sam, what exactly is in these backpacks the Sorceress provided? Is it just a few days rations (and what kind of rations?) or are there other things like rope, flint and tinder etc... Things that us adventurer types might need on the journey ahead.
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

Valeth sat and feigned a singular interest in the meat he was chewing absently on while he listened intently to the self-introductions of his fellow mercenaries. The first to speak after hisself was the one Valeth was most interested in, he was an odd looking boy with an untrustworthy amount of the fey about him, who introduced hisself as Akish and claimed to be a follower of Khaine, the temple indeed has eyes this far north. This one is definitely to be watched. However both Akish and the sorceress, Ithilsyn, had questions to ask and thier host answered them at length, disturbing his train of thought, before dismissing them and herself.

When the sorceress had gone the boy Akish passed by Valeth and said, "The way of Khaine is strong in you, old one." Valeth visibly stiffened at the words, but before he could recover the boy was already talking to Rafan the shade and he couldn't confront the boy about it without making a scene, but we will be having words you and I, if only to knock some manner into you. After some orienteering and some discussion about mountains and navigation everyone became suddenly very eager to leave, the two shades heading out first, so Valeth decided there was little for him to do here and headed out to the gate, scooping up his pack as he went.

Onward to glory... Or slavery, death and spawnification, but y'know.

OOC: sorry it's a bit short, but I didn't want to just repost everything that has happened between my posts with "then Valeth went outside" tagged on the end, so *shrug*
Opus vos liberaverit