Group 28 - The Invasion of Ulthuan

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Group 28 - The Invasion of Ulthuan

Post by Syjahel »

"Lecture you?" Syjahel smiled at that; she could have taken offence, but there was clearly something weighing on her retainer's mind. "Master Maveric, I have no intention of doing so, let me assure you of that. It is far too hot."

Her face darkened as Carathyle told of his suspicions.

"I understand your caution. However, I believe that if they had spoken Druhir, Drukh-Eltharin, if you prefer, we would all have noticed it immediately. Eltharin is the language of the nobility here and as such, it was recognised. I believe the lady travelling with them may be of some higher class, possibly a magic-wielder but I cannot be sure and it is very much the guess of the paranoid."

"However, I do agree that speaking nothing of the common tongue is going to make us all stand out like a Maibd on a cold day, so by all means, take the lead in any future contact. I am sure that you know by now that I much prefer those that are the most skilled to take on any given task. I do not think that we need to become too elaborate, though; we will aim to avoid all contact, and for any that we do make, you can speak where necessary."

She paused, weighing the latter part of his conversation for a moment, her expression thoughtful.

If you wish to know exactly why I have learned the language of our hated kin, I suggest asking now. If not, and you hate me for being tutored in it, I would suggest you to be faster in drawing your sword than I am raising my shield. She had long known that there was more to his history; the sword the young noble bore, containing the soul of his father, was proof enough of that. Syjahel, however, was a very practical Druchii.

"I should not be surprised if you were to have some knowledge of the language of our 'cousins'," she said, slowly. "After all, it is necessary for the master to understand the slave, or who knows what they may be plotting? A torturer must be able to understand the confessions of a prisoner. A spy must know the language in which his enemies converse. And more than this, I know that some of our oldest legends and most venerable histories are written in the language of the times, the language of Aenarion. I am certain that the Witch King himself knows it well, and thus ... mere knowledge of Tar-Eltharin I would not account a thing for grave concern. I do not hate you for having useful knowledge."

This was true; a glance at Carathyle, however, showed him to be uncharacteristically on edge. I would suggest you to be faster in drawing your sword than I am raising my shield... Did he think that she was about to attack him? Her eyes narrowed, but she did not reach for her blade.

"There is more to this," she said, evenually, "and, as you have tied your star to mine, I will need to know. If my retainer is found wanting in any way, the fault will be assumed to be my own. But do not look so concerned; though an ancient lineage runs through my veins, it has not left me so elevated as to be above reason. I will hear what you have to say, Carathyle." Her voice, already low in the private conversation, softened just a little, more or less as much as the highborn lady knew how. First balancing the strange desires of the chivalrous Shade, and now this. She felt she was becoming quite the diplomat.

Listen to Carathyle, hear him out to the end - she does not have any plans to try to run him through at this point! (I guess it depends quite what he says ...) From a distance, it probably looks like quite a nice conversation between two young nobles.

OOC: a Druchii diplomat! I'm sure they exist ... but they're not Syjahel :D
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

The shade offered by the trees as they pulled off was a welcome relief for Cananatra who was beginning to find the sunny day a bit too warm, even plated as he was in steel from head to foot. As soon as they stopped he jumped down off his horse, almost of a time with Jacks and began to check his equipment. He had little experience fighting on horseback so he’d rather be on his feet if a fight was in the offing.

As jacks disappeared into the surroundings, a feat which still astounded Cananatra whenever he witnessed it he saw Kykysh closing her eyes, which would be somewhat unusual for someone expecting a fight. Must by trying some magic, he thought to himself as he watched her. Trying to see any pursuers perhaps. Shrugging away his lack of knowledge of the arcane arts he pulled out his pistol and checked to make sure everything was in order before trying his horse’s reigns to a convenient branch and started some stretches to loosen muscles made stiff by riding.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

A stone bear? What madness is this? Petrified like the Petrified Forest back there...A basilisk lurking? Or is this work of Chaos? Jacks pondered at the strange phenomenon. Something was amiss that was for certain, but what exactly, he did not know. Sense told him to turn back and inform the others before he disappeared too long, but curiosity and foolhardy pride urged him to investigate more on his own before returning.

Jacks wasn't satisfied with the answer he got, it wasn't like him to abandon his group like this in order to pursue something so trivial on his own, they had always did things together, but something is compelling Jacks forward to find the source of this disturbance.

Unslinging his Repeater Handbow and mundane Short Sword, he melded back in with the darkness and continue further off track, using the Bear as a landmark to the edge of the forest.

Explore deeper to obtain more information. Use the Eye again to scan the area as Jacks moves further in.
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Kykysh's magical investigations had yielded interesting results but she was not yet prepared to reveal them to her companions. A little extra information was required first, then she could decide just what they needed to know. Having identified the basic position of the disturbance the Azyr mage wove a new web, drawing strands of air from all about and lacing them together like a Khemri carpet. Slowly, deliberately, like a team of beaters driving out prey for the noble hunters Kykysh drover her net of air forwards. She would not catch anything in it, she did not intend to do anything so prosaic. Feeling the disturbances in the air at large was a tricky thing but feeling a bulge in a tendril of air she was directly controlling... that was somewhat easier. The net reached something, something tall but not so very wide, the net tightened. With every second that went by the sorceress drew a clearer picture in her mind of just what they were facing, details eluded her, this was not a technique she had often had call to use, but the basic shape was familiar enough. Two arms, six legs; it was either a mutant of terrible ugliness or an elf atop a horse.

Oblivious to this Carathyle and Syjahel went aside for a little chat. This was something of a big moment for Carathyle. In form his speech focused merely on the practical, almost brushing past the fact that he spoke Tar-Eltharion, hopefully well enough to fool a native, but his tone and words betrayed his nerves. He was afraid of her suspicions, after all he had come to value her good opinion; besides while in a battle with Syjahel alone they were well enough matched that he might emerge the victor he had no illusions who the others would side with. Thankfully for the young noble and the group as a whole Syjahel kept a lid on her suspicions in favour of practicality, as he had hoped she would. Her curiosity was more than piqued but for all that she could often be hot headed and tempestuous the young lady Vasht could be diplomatic in her own right, for the most part. Carathyle would have to choose his next words with care though he had good will enough to carry him through, probably.

Knowing full well that some things require privacy and knowing damn well that he didn't care enough to eavesdrop, not in this heat, Cananatra instead focused his attention on Kykysh. She appeared to be casting a spell of some sort and after all they were supposed to be protecting her. With unknown followers and the others absent or distracted that task seemed to fall to him. Sliding off his horse, much to the relief of thighs unused to the saddle, he drew his pistol and set to checking it. This warm dry weather seemed to be good for the powder and mechanism, it had been hell to keep the powder dry at sea with all that moisture everywhere. There was a speck of rust on the guard however and so pulling out a rag he set to polishing it, more for something to do than anything. More than one though his eyes turned to Kykysh, her face twitching ever so slightly as she muttered softly under her breath.

Oblivious to all this Jacks has more than a little curious about this latest phenomena. Petrification was something which many considered to be out of legend (or the convents, but what was not legendary about those witches?). Jacks though had seen plenty of it already and knew that there were forces in the world capable of doing such things. It was disturbing to think that one of those forces may well be close by but for all the danger inherent in hunting such a prey the shade just couldn't help himself. Arming himself and keeping the Eye close to hand he set out deeper in the woods, taking note of the way back almost subconsciously. Any shadeling who couldn't remember the way home was never destined to grow up. For a time little seemed out of the ordinary, it was a wild wood but not so wild as those of his youth nor his recent travels. Aside from the bear there didn't seem to be any large beasts around although he did spot some boar tracks leading down a twisted and briar laden path. With no reason to think he would fair any better down that way and knowing that the sharp thorns would be hell to move through without picking up a dozen scratches Jacks was about to carry on a more appetising route but just as he was moving away his sharp, pointed ears picked up an agonised squeal coming from that direction. Still not fancying the path the shade took hold of the Eye once again painting the world in silver and bronze. He had gotten better at judging distances by the strength of the life force, though with different creatures seemingly inconstant in their levels of energy and lots of living though not sentient plant life in the way it was far from an exact science. Around 120 paces along that boar trail through a twisting route a ruddy brass form was almost swallowed by the light of another, larger even than it. Several more smaller forms bobbed around; three, four... they kept merging and splitting, he could not be sure. Another agonised squeal and the brassy form wavered and went out. Of course there were many creatures that might hunt boar in these unfamiliar lands and if he went into that passage way he would be vulnerable to them with no way to flee at speed, still it was a lead.

Back on the road Cananatra was becoming a little bored with waiting, Carathyle and Syjahel had been conversing in low voices for some minutes and half muttered gibberings aside Kykysh had yet to say anything.

This was because Kykysh was concentrating, trying to lace together a pattern to identify the one following them. She asumed it was an elf, she knew it was mounted but beyond that things were still blurry. As the sorceress struggled to master this technique she was shocked, in the literal sense of the word, by a sudden break in her magic. It had not come from her. A tiny bolt of static danced across her forehead as her spell was broken, the gathered energy needing some way to manifest itself. Thankfully she had not been using so very much power for this scrying.

Kykyish cried out in surprise, the first loud noise in several minutes but not the one that caught Cananatra's attention most. Iron struck hard against stone work as an invisible mount tore away at break neck speed, hoofs making a racket as it was driven hard. To Cananatra it sounded like a foundry set up by rats and he looked to the arcane Kykysh for some kind of explanation.

Carathyle and Syjahel are a little way in front and to the left of Kykysh and Cananatra who have remained where they were last post (Cananatra now unmounted). Kykysh has managed to discern that the invisible presence appears to be a mounted humanoid, she assumes elf, but has had her spell dispelled as she tries to discover more; both can hear the clatter of horse shoes on a flagstone road coming from the last known location (known to Kykysh that is) Jacks is deeper in the forest having found nothing else of note. He has spotted a boar being hunted but unidentified creatures using the Eye. -Drainial
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

Jacks had begun to question on whether he had been chasing something of little importance when he heard a faint squeal down the boar trail. The Eye picked up something of curiosity to Jacks, he wasn't sure what was attacking the boar, or whether it was magical or not due to its strong glow, and going down that direct path was dangerous for him, but it was the quickest way to discovering what was happening. He was gone for far too long already, he couldn't afford to waste more time taking detours, besides, he was at home here, not directly, but it was a familiar environment, he was confident he could proceed unnoticed, especially if the creature was busy feeding on the boar.

Checking his gear and securing his artifact, Jacks made sure his Handbow and Daggers were easy for him to access before melding into the shadows and carefully picked his way into the boar trail to find out if this was the same creature that attacked the earlier beast.

Go straight down the trail, stay aware and stealth in, pull out at the first hint of trouble or if something seems off. Investigate what this strange creature is

Jacks -Shade

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Kykysh cried out, which snapped Cananatra’s attention back to the road after he made sure there was nothing directly attacking her. Obviously whatever magic she had been up to had backfired somewhat, but whether it was a failure of hers of a dispel Cananatra couldn’t say. That was until he heard some horse take off down the road. His ears told him that it was nearby, definitely in view but his eyes told a different story entirely. As far as they were concerned the road was empty.

Narrowing his eyes he looked at the road surface trying to detect any dust or leaves being disturbed by the retreating horse and pointed his pistol roughly towards the sound.

Cananatra is going to try and shoot down the road and hit the rider either by ear or hopefully by seeing the trail of the horses footfalls. Probably wont do much but if it does, woo.
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

It was a tense moment it seemed, the two young nobles deep in a conversation that might have had serious repercussions had one or the other phrased things slightly differently, or been of a more volatile mind. As it was, the revelation would have to wait for any more details. Syjahel had heard nothing of treason in Carathyle's words, so far, and so she kept her temper. Though curious as to her retainer's secrets, she was about to be prevented from learning anything more, at least for now.

There was a cry from the Sorceress, who had been concentrating for some time, and then the sound of hoofbeats from the empty road. Cursing, the warrior-noblewoman spun her horse around, searching for the cause of the ruckus. The last thing they needed was to spied on in enemy territory.

Her first instinct was to ride the interloper down, but she couldn't see them. Snarling in frustration she drew her handbow - it hadn't much range, but then she also had nothing to aim at. Glancing at the Sorceress she checked first that she was broadly all right - she looked a little stunned perhaps, but she wasn't bleeding from an assassin's knife - and made ready for pursuit or shooting.

"Kykysh, can you give us a target?"

Can't see a damn' thing, so try to get Kykysh to make the rider visible of possible. If not, try to look for cues such as dust, etc much as Canantra is doing (good plan!). Get ready to ride after whoever it is if necessary.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

With no better lead Jacks set aside the danger and set out to peruse the beings he had seen through the Eye. The path was narrow and cloaked with thorns but pulling his shade cloak around himself and keeping a steady grip on his trusty old sword and bow Jacks crept stealthily towards the disturbance. The path was winding and it was impossible to move quickly without shredding his clothes not to mention his skin but patience was a virtue well understood by the shade clans. Besides streaking headlong into a hunt with any large beast from a wolf upwards was a good way to find oneself with an extra cavity. After several minutes Jacks began to discern a crunching, munching sort of a sound. The tearing of flesh and crushing of bones; such sounds were not unfamiliar to a hunter but they did instil a renewed sense of caution. Any small slip in concentration and he might be next on the menu.

The boar trail narrowed even further at the end and thorns scraped at Jacks as he squeezed out into a forested area of less dense foliage. It was not a clearing as such but the trees were sparsely placed and the undergrowth not thick enough to impede the movement of a woodsman. Jacks eyes' were immediately drawn to a scene he had expected, a kill. A large boar lay on its side quite dead with half of its porcine body a bloody mess. Three beings tore at it. The largest captured his attention first; stooped over feeding it was hard to tell but Jacks would have said it was about the height of an elf, perhaps a little taller and probably quite a bit heavier. Covered in feathers it was winged but the Shade would have been surprised if it could fly though with magical creatures these things were never a certainty. In place of legs the Cockatrice had a serpentine tail that reminded the shade of the Lahmia they had fought what seemed so long ago. Its head was avian but twisted in a manner familiar to the shade, he had known beasts wrought by chaos before. It's beak was lined with razor sharp teeth quite unlike most natural birds and those teeth were dripping with blood as it looked up. There were three eyes on that primordial face, two where one would expect them to be and another raised above that remained closed. Beside the cockatrice two others fed, like unto their parent in miniature they could only be its chicks but were perhaps a third the size. Even so their beaks , seemed more than capable of tearing apart a full grown boar. The creatures were about fifty yards away and did not yet seem to have noticed Jacks where he peered out from the thicker brush; the next move would be his.

Ignorant of all this Cananatra was focused on the sudden realisation that there was an invisible presence in their midst. Syjahel too noticed the disturbance and called out to Kykish to give them a firm target. The sorceress seemed dazed though, perhaps stunned by the dispell. Knowing that it could not wait too long on an answer Cananatra snapped off a shot from his dwarvish pistol, the crash rang out through the woods seeming to echo off of every tree. Even Jacks would be certain to have heard it as would any other adverseries nearby. Aiming as best he could Cananatra's bullet did not meet with success, a moving and invisible target was after all not one easily struck. Seconds after Cananatra Syjahel opened up with her hand-bow, spreading three shots in quick succession over the dusty ground she perhaps had more chance of success but no blood blossomed and the bolts flashed into the undergrowth. Without magical assistance firing blind had always been a long shot. Now it was clear that their stalker must have gotten away for the time being. What they were going to do about it, now that was an interesting question.

Jacks has emerged into a wooded area where a boar is being devoured by one adult cockatrice and two juvenile ones; they have not yet seen him. Both Cana and Syjahel have missed the invisible follower, given that he was galloping away it is most likely that he is now out of range but it is impossible to tell for sure with the naked eye. Neither Cara not Kykyish are doing anything. -Drainial
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

Gazing upon the scene, Jacks' paranoia was lifted about Shadow Warriors stalking them, but it also created another problem, in which it was evident that something was amiss in this place. Cockatrice warped by Chaos doesn't bode well, especially in a land of magic where Chaos Stones that they're tampering with are guarded, by ignorant Asur. If the quality of of their hated brothers were as weak as the ones they faced, Jacks could only shake his head in embarassment.

Nonetheless, his curiosity was satisfied for the moment, he had been away from his group for too long without a word, there was nothing too out of the ordinary it seemed, although the urge to hunt those Cockatrice was high, his craving will have to be held for another time more suitable. Melding back into the shadows, Jacks slowly backed away from the feed, he wasn't in a good position, and should he be caught in here, things can only be bad for him.

As he backed away, a loud bang echoed through the forest, his sensitivity picking it up earlier on, his ears pricked, and Jacks let out a low curse. He tensed and stood still, in case the noise alerted the Cockatrices.

Stealth and wait to make sure the Cockatrices aren't alerted or might spot him. If they attack, wait for them to get close then shoot one to cripple it and have it block the entrance so Jacks has time to fire another shot. If all is well, slowly back away but maintain facing the Cockatrices. Check the path at the end for movement, do a scan with the Eye in the direction the noise came from to see if Jacks could see what was going on. Then make way back to the group.

Jacks -Shade

Equipment

Skills

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Syjahel snarled a highborn curse that was, to those with an interest in anatomy, quite unlikely to be a feasible occurrence. She reigned in both her steed and her patience. There was no use following the enemy, for even if their tracks could be seen they could only be seen once made - giving ample time for them to get ahead. There could be untold invisible Asur out there. Even a scatter of fresh tracks in the making were not going to protect her band from bow fire. And whatever else the Asur might be, they were not poor shots.

Their mage was still stunned, perhaps affected by the strange energies of the fecund landscape. Syjahel rode closer to Kykysh with the aim of guiding her horse along if necessary. She had heard it was dangerous to disturb a magic-worker while in a trance, so she did not want to risk touching the Sorceress herself.

"Well," she said, after the air had finished blistering around her, "we are discovered, and we should not sit here. Let us at least not make things easy for our foes. I know we cannot go far without risking losing our Shade, but let us try to follow in the direction he went and hope to meet up with him coming back."

Syjahel could not know of her wood-dwelling companion's chilling discovery, but she did think it prudent not to stray too far from their origin in case they passed him on his return.

Suggest we go towards the Shade and at any rate off the path.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Stunned, the spindly mage had her magic stripped away as if it were a child's toy. She had tried to play the subtle game... and failed, dismally. For Kykysh, who prided herself on her knowledge of the nuances of arcane technicalities, this was a strange feeling; the feeling of total helplessness. Not only that, to have her magic stolen away from her in such a callous manner had left her reeling, she felt sick, her shapely belly seemed intent on tying itself into ever more complicated knots, and the dread feeling of stars going supernova in her mind was both sudden and inexplicable. She should have been prepared for this. She had underestimated the enemy.

Next time, Kykysh would be ready.

A loud bang resounded around the countryside, shortly followed by Syjahel's voice but Kykysh could not discern what the warrior-woman was saying. The tall sorceress grimaced at another painful spasm in her brain and she threw her spindly fingers up to caress her scalp, willing the pain to subside. Seconds later, with blurry gaze, the mage opened her red-tinged eyes to see Syjahel approaching her but was still too dumbfounded to gauge the warriors intent. But she was talking again - something about going to find Jacks.

With shaking hands, the bald mage gripped the horses saddle and managed a compliant nod of agreement.

Kykysh is still disoriented from having her magic dispelled (she was not prepared for that) but is capable enough to agree with Syjahel that they should go look for Jacks.
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

The pistol kicked against his hand as he took a random shot at the invisible tail. He hadn’t really expected to his so he was unsurprised when the shot thocked into the road and clearly missed. The sound of bolts whizzing forward followed his shot but Syjahel was equally unlucky. Shrugging to himself he reloaded the pistol and hung it back where it came from.

“Prepare to be berated as we stumble around the woods after our shade.” Cananatra laughed as he got ready to head out after Jacks.
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

"Ah, no doubt he will not miss a chance to tease me about it right enough." At least the tall Corsair's words had lightened her grim mood somewhat. She wheeled her horse around, careful to make sure that Kykysh's mount was led if need be. "If he gets too restive, I shall remind him that he owes me an evening of Autarii culture in return for our trip to the opera."

Not too quickly, and not too far - really having no skill in tracking, and not wanting to go too far away from their rendezvous - the Warrior-woman led the way cautiously into the woods.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Carathyle maveric »

Carathyle had dozed off a little . His guard was down, his sword was in the scabbard, and for the first time in his life, he actually felt safe enough to keep it that way. The warmth of the Ulthuan sun, the breeze from the ocean cooling him a bit, the rustling of leafs as the wind blew through them, it all added up to the feeling. Though the unknown, invisible foe was running off, Carathyle couldn't seem to be bothered too much with it. It didn't attack, and since it was running away judging from the sound of the hooves, it was safe to assume it had noticed it's detection and decided to flee.

"it can't be a High Elf," Carathyle plainly said, "Whoever it is, the magic they used was powerful enough to shock the Witch, so either it was a spellcaster or the caster is nearby enough to sense Kykysh. Secondly, who says it's an actual person and not a phantom? I've heard of Mages conjuring sprites to scout around. If that were the case, it would explain why it's only trailing us and not simply attacked us when we had not noticed it." Carathyle turned Syphira around in order to look at the others, "If I may be so bold, I suggest we do not pay too much attention to this. Our initial mission has been a suicidal one, the longer we stay here, the more we decrease the odds of us getting back alive..."

Carathyle knew that the part up ahead would slow the horses down significantly, instead, he prefer his own feet in such terrain as he dismounted from the horse's back. "If we're going into the woods, at least one of us has to be on foot in order to buy the other's time to dismount. Besides, I prefer a walk in the forest over a ride in the forest, horses can misstep after all."

Carathyle will take the reigns in his left hand, put his shield on his back. He'll head into the forest first in order to be a form of vanguard due to his acrobatics(it should give him an edge over the others in these situations... I think)

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

So the situation was this; they were in a forest, in enemy territory, split up, their magic user was dazed and they had been discovered. All things considered the last half an hour or so had not gone all that well. On the plus side with the sun beginning to dip below the tree line at least it was getting cooler. Given that the invisible being was likely far beyond their reach by now there really wasn't much the assembled mercenaries could do but press on and link back up with their wondering scout.

With Jacks absent Carathyle took it on himself to take the lead, dismounting and leading his horse with a drawn sword, ready for anything. They headed off the path, Kykysh still shaking off the dispel; it had not been the force of it that shook her but rather the sudden shock, still she would be right as rain soon enough. It would have been quite a pleasant ride through the forest were it not for the building tension. It could hardly escape their minds that they really had no way to track Jacks down if he didn't want to lay a trail for them, which he had had no reason to do. They simply had to hope that the Shade would be able to track them instead.

Said shade was currently trying to be very quiet, he had never encountered a Cockatrice, they were not native to Naggaroth (if such creatures could be truly said to be native to anywhere). Three of them would likely be the death of him though even if two of them were juvenile. With his curiosity satisfied he began creeping back the way he had come. He was more than half way up the path when a distant CRACK rushed through the forest. It was certainly no normal sound, Jacks recognised it as a pistol blast. Cananatra's work and an indication that the others were in some sort of trouble. It also meant trouble for him, Jacks' attuned senses picked up a flurry of rustling and scraping just as the now familiar sounds of ripping and tearing died away. The Cockatrice trio seemed to have a curious side themselves. Freezing in place for a moment Jacks realised that if he was caught in this narrow space he might kill one of the things but he would be unable to manoeuvre or get away from the rest. He had to get clear. They were coming. Moving faster now that he did not have to worry about being heard Jacks pulled clear of the goat trail just as he saw the first Cockatrice round the bend half way down. Snaking low to the ground they were moving faster than he had been able to but he had a head start.

Bashing through the undergrowth the rest of the mercenaries were not being quite as quiet as they would have liked. No matter how good a horseman you were the simple fact is that horses are neither small nor dainty by nature, certainly not ones trained for war by Druchii beast masters. They made no more noise than any other party of comparable size but nor were they any more stealthy. At the head of the party Carathyle stalked along on foot, casually hacking an over hanging branch out of the way it was he that came across a startling sight. The petrified bear was just as Jacks had left it and even now it was remarkable enough to bring the party to a halt for a moment or two.

Things were far from relaxing for Jacks; the shade was running, monsters were chasing him, it was a whole thing. Weaving in between trees Jacks was fleet of foot but the Cockatrice were not slow and they were in their element just as he was. Though he had begun well ahead the chaos beasts were whittling down his lead, Jacks needed a plan, or better yet some reinforcements.

It often occurred to Jacks that taking a crash course in awareness from a crazy old she elf had been one of the better ideas he had had in his life. It had already saved him and the others several times and seemed set to do so again. There were voices to the south west and though he could not make out the words the Druchii accents were impossible to miss (a worry in itself). Without further thought the shade veered in that direction, fortunate since a lunging Cockatrice, unable to anticipate his sudden change of direction, flew past and crashed into a tree. Rather annoyed the creature joined the other two in the chase once more.

The other mercenaries were just about to leave the bear when suddenly Jacks exploded out from a large laurel bush. This entrance very nearly earned him an obsidian sword through the chest but fortunately Carathyle's reflexes were good enough to check the blow. Barely two seconds later the first of the Cockatrices burst through the same bush, lunging at Jacks with a beak already dripping with blood. The other two would not be far behind.

I have taken some liberties here with Jacks, I hope you don't mind too much. You are back together again, all of you are at the petrified bear, it is not a clearing but most of the trees nearby are quite spaced out giving some room to move. One of the junior cockatrices has just missed Jacks' head by about an inch, you can't see the others but they are very close. Kykysh is recovered (she might have a slight head ache, nothing to impede performance). Carathyle and Jacks are on foot, all others are mounted. -Drainial

Gentleman of Moderation
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Kykysh more than plodded along behind the group on Jacks' fine steed, though she actually preferred riding the mule; it was comfier for a start as she could kneel on it without falling and it didn't have a saddle shaped to someone else's bottom. The effects of the dispel quickly wore off, leaving only a numbing sensation that would not linger long. Had she been preparing a spell of far grander magnitude the effects would have been much worse. Next time, though, she would be more vigilant. The supple mage made a mental note to renew the magical wards she placed on her lithe body, they seemed to be waning and she could not remember the last time she had imbued them with 'the gift'.

As the sun settled a calming shade settled across the land and the air grew just a little chillier though that was nothing for citizens of the Land of Chill to be concerned about. Kykysh had enjoyed the suns caress and now the gentle wind prickled her delicate skin in tantalizing ways. Since her utter failure in warning the group of the invisible watcher, the group traveled deeper into the forest but Jacks was still missing. The bald mage didn't know him as well as she hoped she might, or as well as the others of the group, though from what she knew of shades, Jacks would be fine. Waiting for those blessed arms that seem to wrap around me several times a night I have played with time memorial for the scorning of the old ways past to the future we roam and with it all mesmerized and elusive histories entwine flesh and mind into a vague semblance of love twisted into an parody of a beautiful flower all twisted and serene...

The mages apt attentions were suddenly caught by a stone bear; it looked so real, so alive that Kykysh instinctively took a second look. Either it was a sculptor of remarkable skill or something more sinister was at play. She reached out with her mind, subtle, ever so subtle, and could get a faint whiff of magic from the statue which meant something unnatural had done this to the poor creature. Flipping the pages of her mind Kykysh quickly drew several assumptions to the cause of the bears atrophied state.

Sound. Snap. Loud. Nearby. The sorceress whipped her head round to see a most wonderful sight, Jacks! The shade burst from the foliage and avoided a sword point in his chest as Carathyle reacted to the sudden explosion of hurtling shade. The mage almost breathed a sigh of frustration and relief - had Jacks been wounded it would give her an excuse to nurse him, though, with Carathyle wielding that sword it would more likely end in the shades death. But another entity soon followed Jacks from the shrubbery.

The page was turned: Cockatrice. A whelpling but still a potential threat. Fortunately, as Kykysh rode at the rear, the bird-like creature was still a fair distance ahead of her. Unfortunately, the 'attack' was very sudden which meant Kykysh had no time to prepare a spell and she had been taking it all-too-easy since the encounter with, what she assumed to be, a High Elf of considerable talent. Now she began to gather the necessary energies to react to the threat of a possible Cockatrice ambush. A child wouldn't wanswer alone, it's mother will be nearby. Jacks, my flower, what have you done?

"Don't look at it's eyes - it will turn you to stone!" She yelled without thinking, but probably a good thing that she did.

No actions as such, just posting to get back into the swing of things. Gathering magic for a spell or two and warning the group of the Cockatrices stone-gaze.
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

Jacks cursed at the loud crack of a pistol firing in the setting sun, the peace broken and nature interrupted. Jacks had no power where he stood, it was an awkward moment for him, but it wasn't exactly the kind of awkward moment would had liked to be in! His ears pricked up at the shift in sounds and movement, no small detail could escape his attention, so he thought, Kykysh's affections however, would prove him wrong and naive. Nonetheless, with Jacks' cover jeapordised (however you spell it, too lazy to google), he made a mental note to throw Cananatra's gun into a pit of Cold Ones, or perhaps the giant himself, when they got back to the Land of Chill as he shoved his way less gracefully and carefully out his barbed confinement. He let out yet another silent curse as the barbs jabbed, sliced his less refined garment and grazed his flesh, making him look like he got attacked by a Witch Elf as he winced at a gash across his cheek as he broke out of the undergrowth hurriedly. Bursting from the track, the first of the Cockatrice rounded the corner to greet him, Jacks' eyes widened at being discovered, but only for a moment before turning his gaze and running for his life. He didn't leave a trail for his companions to pick up on, he rarely strayed from their side even as a Shade, they wouldn't know what sort of trail he'd leave them, regardless, the fools were making such a ruckus even the deaf and the blind could find them!

He rounded the bend just as one of the creatures lunged for him, causing Jacks to instinctively duck. "Cananatra! I will pay you back for this!" his mind wondered to the vials of paralyses swirling in his side pouch. Jacks launched himself through a clusp of vegetation in the direction of his group only to nearly have himself greeted with impalement. By the Dark Mother! What's with today!??

He spared little time for greetings as he rushed to the side of his companions, noting everyone was there and seemingly unscathed, and pleased to see his steed behaving and being minded by the mage. However, that made Jacks further confused by the gunshot that has him in his current predicament. Nonetheless, there was a more immediate concern where the damned pistol will be useful, Jacks yelled a bemused comment to his companions as the first of the creatures burst from the vegetation after Jacks.

"I found us dinner!" Jacks let out a smirk as he rejoined his companions and brought upon trouble to them. He let out a smile in the direction of Kykysh, although in the ensuing chaos, it wasn't clear if Jacks smiled at the sight of his steed or Kykysh.

"Three of them! Two young and a mother Cockatrice!" Jacks hung back a little to keep an eye out for the mage and to do a quick survey of their surrounding in case of more birds coming to ambush them down trees like with his not too recently lost second partner. I'm not going to make the same mistake a third time! Jacks vowed to himself silently as he drew Handbow and Short Sword.

Draw weapons, rush past to let the armoured warriors absorb the charge rather than Jacks' flesh. Hang back and check the area for signs of disturbances and possible enemy ambushes. Prepare for battle.

Jacks -Shade

Equipment

Skills

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Having jacks burst out of the woods directly before them was a surprise, though where that shade and woodcraft where concerned it really shouldn’t have been. From the sound of it he was being chased by something which was soon revealed to be some sort of bird. What is with that shade and finding killer birds? he wondered to himself as he pulled his sword free. Kykysh’s warning tugged at his memory, turning to stone sounded familiar, so these must be Cockatrice. Not the most helpless of birds but at least not magically growing book-birds.

Not bothering to dismount, though being careful to focus his gaze on other parts of his targets body, Cananatra kicked his horse forward. Sure the bird was dangerous, but as he’d found out more than once in the past, birds have hollow bones, and he along with his horse sure weighed a lot.

Cananatra will urge his horse forward to just straight up trample to the bird. If it gets close enough he’ll also introduce it to his sword.
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Following Cananatra's example, Syjahel kicked up her horse and drew her sword back ready to attack as the beast met the cockatrice in the charge, planning to wheel her mount around and take a Parthian shot as she did so with her handbow if she was able. Or, given the charging mass of angry Corsair and warhorse ahead of her, if it was still necessary.

OOC: Sorry guys. Flu and no internet, charming combination that means a v short post while I am able to get online. Engineer comes Tuesday for the internet, the flu? Eh. Pills and sleep.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Even in this land of plenty nothing good came bursting out of bushes. Not today at least. Diving forward Jacks was chivvied along by the blood spattered snapping inches from his flesh. Hurtling past a stunned Carathyle Jacks drew his weapons, a little out of breath from the short but vigorous chase. This left the miniature Cockatrice with Carathyle to contend with, and Carathyle with a vicious bird apparently lacking in fear. Despite his proximity the bird seemed dead set on rending Jacks' flesh. On slender but powerful legs it propelled itself forwards in a leap that brought its head above shoulder height. Swift and strong the bird might have been but if it had expected Carathyle to move it clearly had not dealt with Naggarothi warriors before. Raising his guard Carathyle was able to take the beast primarily on his shield, even so its momentum staggered him and forced the shield out of place. Whether through mindless aggression or and understanding that Carathyle would have to be dealt with first the bird immediately struck out, faster even than the elves. It's beak closed around Carathyle's shield arm, fortunately for the warrior his armour held firm against the razor like vice but the Cockatrice scuttled back before he could bring his sword into play.

This exchange lasted only a few seconds, enough time for the rest of the party to gather their wits. Shouting a warning of what she knew of these creatures (the beasteries of the convent were good bed time reading) Kykysh cursed the laxity of the last while. She had not been re-gathering the power spent on trying to track the invisible stalker, this would delay her for at least a moment or two.

Cananatra was not so hindered but he was a little out of his element. The champion was unused to mounted warfare, never the less he had a horse and was determined to make use of it. Wheeling round a little to be dead on with the cockatrice Cananatra lashed out with his heels driving his dark steed forwards. Well used to orders urging sudden bursts of speed the horse surged forwards. Carathyle was damn near trampled but managed to hop away in a slightly undignified manner. The cockatrice didn't get away with much dignity either. Agile as it was Cananatra was only able to strike it a glancing blow with the horse's shoulder and it bounded away squawking too fast for his recently drawn sword to find flesh. He did drive the creature back from Carathyle and Jacks though giving the foot soldiers a moment to gather themselves.

Spurring her own mount forwards Syjahel did not seek to close, there would be no room with Cananatra already charging forwards, but rather dashed a few yards forwards so that she could get a clearer shot at the damn thing. Drawing her hand bow she attempted to track it but with her comrades so close and the skinny thing was moving so fast and so erratically that she had to give it up for a bad job. She was just in time though to see a new threat emerging from the trees. Very like unto the first this second Cockatrice was at least twice the size though still wiry and light. This one did not leap, screech or flail. It stared. Kykysh had warned them against gazing into its eyes and Syjahel averted her eyes swiftly. She was not turned to stone but nor did she get away unscathed. She felt a sudden numbness flooding through her arm and shoulder, trying to move her right arm she found it impossible to so much as twitch above the elbow. Risking a glance round she could see a grey patina like a dense moss settling on her upper arm.

Watching this Kykysh wondered many things, most of which were driven from her mind by a screeching call almost directly behind her in the trees, the last of the trio no doubt. They were surrounded by the birds, some quick thinking was in order.

[Jacks is slightly behind Carathyle about two feet from the bear (picture that as the centre of the scene as a reference point). Carathyle is about a foot towards the thicker trees and brush (there are trees all around but relatively thinly spread directly around you) with the Cockatrice about three feet to his fore and two feet to his right. Cananatra is parallel with the bird and about a foot to Carathyle's left. Syjahel is several feet towards the centre of this, perhaps four feet right of the bear and behind the three boys. Kykysh is behind Syjahel facing her back but is about seven feet behind her. -Drainial [/u]

Gentleman of Moderation
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

As the chaos unfurled around them the warriors all burst into action; they were clearly used to having to work at a moments notice for not one paused to deliberate their actions, they simply acted. Kykysh on the other hand was not quite so attuned to physical danger though had quickly set herself to business with mental preparation. The main threat of a cockatrice was being turned to stone, and it was still debated whether such a thing was reversible. Reversible or not, it could be prevented.

Where is thy mother, child? Has she abandoned you, too? Have you been raped in the shadow of a Watch Tower?

Prevention was the mages goal and she gathered the necessary energies with which to do it. The spell would be tricky for she could not physically blind the creatures, to stab it in the eye with her staff she would need to look the creature in the eye to make sure she didn't miss; much too risky. She could blind them with leaves and branches but the trees in the immediate vicinity were much too sparse. Too bad that Kykysh did not carry a mirror in her handbag.

As if from no where a second Cockatrice appeared, though it was much bigger than the first Kykysh was sure this wasn't the mother of the brood. Syjahel moved to intercept the beast but quickly averted her gaze - too late, a blossom of petrifaction erupted on the warriors arm. The slender mage dug her long-staff in the muck and rummaged it around to loosen the soil, then she flicked her staff with all her might towards the cockatrice which Syjahel was facing down. If she could blind or distract the creature for just a moment it might give the female warrior a chance to strike.

Just at that moment another loud cackle erupted from behind the mage. Found you! The threat of impending doom panicked Kykysh but that sense of peril only spurned her into action. Vaulting from Jacks' steed, she risked a quick glance towards the cockatrice but thankfully it was still amongst the trees and obscured. Steadfast, Kykysh planted herself on the ground, feet apart, staff held white-knuckled.

Kykysh will try to help Syjahel out by flicking dirt into the Cockatrice' face/eyes to blind or distract it momentarily. After that she will prepare to 'face' the other Cockatrice coming up behind her - I reckon it's still obscured at the moment so Kykysh does have a little time to prepare something, I really have no idea what, though. I hope that I'll manage to post again if I think of something!
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

Catching his breath, Jacks hung back, the damned beasts wanted him dead badly, it was a good thing his companions didn't gut him while he fled and backed him up with their armour. Jacks counted and noted a second one appearing, but the third was yet to come, he reached for his artifact in hopes to locate the third and any further potential threats, not wanting to repeat his previous partner in crime's fate.

Before he could do much further, Jacks' ears pricked at the sound of movement and disturbances some distance behind him and where Kykysh was. Surely enough, the missing creature sprung its ambush at the party, quick to respond, Jacks aimed his handbow at the creature to stall its charge.

"Use it if it gets close!" Jacks yelled at Kykysh, tossing the handbow in front of her, if she doesn't catch it, it'd scatter harmlessly onto the ground for him to gather later. He needed melee weapons here, and he drew his dagger and newly obtained longsword out instead.

"I leave the two for you three to handle! Jacks yelled to his three armoured warriors as he charged to intercept the sneaky Cockatrice.

Blasted creatures, I am done running, to flee from an animal to be hunted by a hunter? How will I deal with Leifon if I can't handle a bird!? Jacks gritted his teeth irritably at the thought as he flashed a quick stroke for the head of the bird with his longsword.

Engage the ambushing Cockatrice with his Longsword and Dagger

Jacks -Shade

Equipment

Skills

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

Carathyle maveric
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Carathyle maveric »

From the rather solid position Carathyle had taken up in preparation of the attack, it seemed as if there was little that could possibly hold back the Cockatrice youngster from his body. The gauntlet on his arm saved him the lose of his limb, and his shield saved him the sneering glance of the creature's dreadful gaze, without him going into the offensive, it would be more of a one-sided combat. Though it would work in theory, the ancient harassment technique's flaw was that it would require a splendid amount of stamina. Surely, neither of them lacked that but the biggest of Carathyle's fears in such situation would be his armour failing to protect him from any nasty wounds.

Though the brash youth knew little about the creatures of Chaos, he knew how to combat anything. His sword was made to cut through hardened skin, an ability he much appreciated, especially since it was caused by a magical effect, effectively granting him the only magical weapon besides the hexes from their mage that could battle magical creatures. Cockatrice on the other hand, he knew weren't magical, and due to their surroundings and their rather aggressive nature, Carathyle figured that a long sword would be too much of a hassle to be of any use against an agile opponent. Instead, the maibed dagger that he hid in his boot was much compacter, lighter and thus allowing him to swing it more swiftly. Keeping his guard up, Carathyle crouched down a little, making sure his position could not be toppled... easily, and instead of readying his longsword to strike parallel to his shield, he returned it to its sheath. The blade gently sank into the metal coffin until the crossguard was placed on top of it, before he lowered himself even further.

Though the boot was an ideal hiding spot for weaponry, especially when already in disguise and most of the marks would reveal his true nature, it had one fatal flaw and that was the issue of reaching it. Where normally, thanks to his acrobatics training, he'd be leaping around this letting him take it out of its concealment in one fluid motion, this time he was nailed to the ground, any movement would require him to relocate his target, forcing him to open up and if he was in terrible luck, his gaze would be met by his targets. Instead, Carathyle favoured his current position. He knew the Cockatrice would no doubt try to move around him, it would only be natural for the creature to do as such... but that, he could counter. Slowly, his fingertips made for the ring at the end of the dagger, in an attempt to pull it up out of his boot and into his hand.

Carathyle will go for a shorter weapon in favour of a defensive nature and the knowledge of his rather aggressive enemy, keeping his position while the shield between the two. He'll brace if and when the cockatrice charges at him, keeping his dagger at the ready to strike at it. Were it to go for the shield again, stab around it. The sides would be either the shield or the dagger that would slam into the creature.

OOC: I do not have the liberty of an excuse, I simply forgot that you guys were active(the rest of the RPG's I'm in are dead.)

Carathyle Maveric:(Group 28 Warrior)
Ws:5 S:4 T:3 D:4 I:3
Equipment:
Enchanted* Obsidian Long sword, MC Light armour, Dark Steed(Sephirah), Shield, MC Longbow(89 arrows), 56 Circlets, Maibed Dagger, Asur Spear and Disguise.
Skills: Ride, Acrobatics
*Increased Strength, holds the soul of his father
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

The charge had not quite had the desired effect. The bird had bounced harmlessly off the horses shoulder sure enough but it had likewise suffered little damage. Growling to himself he swung his leg over the saddle and slid to the ground facing the bird. As his feet hit the ground he charged forward straight at it. It had some sort of magic, but he had a surprise in store for that sort of attack and its beak or claws would do very little to a heavily armoured Druchii.

Cananatra will hop off his horse and charge the bird. Use his greater weight and steel skin to bully it to death.

OOC: Horribly short post that it is.
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

Syjahel heard Kykysh's shout at the same time she belatedly remembered the tales of her own childhood. Many a chill evening in Naggaroth had been spent curled up beside her nurse, listening to her read aloud. While still younger than Naylia she had loved to hear all about the history of the Druchii, of the brave stories of the Sundering and the subjugation of the Land of Chill. But her favourite book had been her father's bestiary. There were illustrations of many great and noble and terrible beasts,and no doubt the woman had grown tired of fielding questions about whether Tanathrys had captured one of those on his raiding voyages, or if it was true Kythrian had defeated this one in single combat. A grim smile flickered across her features: growing up, she had come to realise that her brother was probably ... she'd kindly say exaggerating, somewhat, to impress the ladies.

She struggled to recall exact details but at the moment, the main one was all she needed to know: don't look into its eyes. Wheeling her horse around, she shied away from the hideous creature. But too late. She felt a strange numbness in her shield arm. Looking down with a curse, she saw a creeping grey furring. Even through her armour, and past her shield, she'd still been affected by the paralysing stare. For a moment she almost froze in horror even without the creature's gaze. She knew she hadn't locked eyes with it. What if it had the power to somehow project?

However, Syjahel was a martial soul, and a Druchii to boot. If she was going to face peril, she knew there were two things they'd always been able to rely on in the realm of the Witch King: determination, and sheer bloody-minded spite. With hatred, all things are possible.

In a heartbeat she'd considered her options. If the beast was as fast as it looked to be, darting about like the world's most maddened chicken, then she couldn't manoeuvre her horse fast enough to keep up. No, the only way to kill it would be to get in close, keep distracting it and keep under its guard. By attacking in pairs, they stood a better chance of keeping its gaze too distracted to focus and this should give them a bit more of a fighting chance. She'd lost the use of her shield arm, but thankfully it was frozen in the guard position. She slid down from the dark steed and broke into a run, jinking left and right to close with the cockatrice without giving it time to get a bead on her.

"We need to work in pairs! Keep them distracted, keep moving!" she shouted as she closed, running to help Carathyle. It wasn't that she didn't think the Mage could help, but that she didn't expect Kykysh to get into a melee fight. Well, not if Khaine was watching over them this day.

Close with cockatrice, try to keep moving and attacking it from different directions, from behind if possible. What we do about multiple targets, she doesn't know - one death chicken at a time. Carathyle is closest to her so far as I can work out, if another pairing is more logical feel free to adjust.

OOC Note: Drainial, this post is not meant to sound like me passively-aggressively whining about it getting through her armour, that's just what she's thinking in disbelief! :) If I wanted to complain I'd do it directly and you'd know :P
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~