Group 40 OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Re: Group 40 OOC

Post by Minigrift »

Truer words were never spoken !lol!

Dranial, you posted as I was writing. It fits perfectly with the mod post so I didn't need to modify anything.
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Should I somehow specify what kind of knives do I want?

A related thing, I am not sure if it is a Dark Elven custom to kneel before royalty. If it would be appropriate to kneel before the Witch King, then Zarathi is going to do it even before the drachau, but she is not going to do something that has no place in the culture at all. :)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Wow, Marchosias, what a brilliant post you just made!
I'll have to give a thought before I dare post anything (and give a chance someone else posts immediately after Marchosias).
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Just to clarify; the blue warrior woman who got the group into city hall has shut the doors behind them, she is still outside while everyone else is relatively safe inside the hall.

Any questions, don't hesitate to task, there may have been a few areas that I glossed over.

Marcho, they're really just normal kitchen-style knives, nothing special about them but they can definitely be of some use to someone like Zarathi. As I say, she can take up to four.
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Now Mini when you say Fangs... has it become clear and obvious to our characters that the Drachau is Vache Cathal (vampire in the common tongue), or do you just picture elves with fangs?
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

I was born a werewolf!

The Drachau isn't a Vampire, haha, she just has fang-like, vampire-esque teeth. I have fangs so it's not uncommon (but might be for Druchii, who knows these things?).
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Canines aren't uncommon, fangs are not all that normal for humans in my experience though I am no dentist.

Anyway I shall wait on others posting before reposting myself.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Zarathi is going to stay back for a while and let the others talk. I do not want to write a post where nothing else is said apart from her first impressions on others, and so I want to wait for a few more posts from you. Even Drainial. :)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

First impressions are always good - I enjoy reading what your characters think of others (especially my characters! :D)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Calisson wrote: OOC: I imagine that the group of sorceresses do not show any sign of being from the same family. Could you confirm?

Neither the Drachau or her Inner Circle appear to be related to one another. We also have an OOC thread for OOC questions ;)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hello peeps!

My father has just taken me to the poignantly named Computer Shop to get my laptop fixed as it has decided it doesn't want to work any more. Will be picking it up tomorrow and it, hopefully, won't affect the RP at all as my prized possession will be returned in fully working order! Though there is a (slight) chance that I won't be able to post again... ever, lol.

Anyway, I'll be able to get a Mod post up today from my dad's PC!
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I don't know why it is but Khalea and varients thereof seem to be by far the most popular name for she elves in Naggaroth, at least on this site. So far to my knowledge I have had a character called Ki'lia, there was a shade named Khalea in group 28 for a time, if I am not mistaken there was one in the magic test group as well. Now we have the vhulkar. Don't get me wrong I like the name, I chose it for one of my own after all, it just seems interesting to me. So far as I am aware no other names have ever been repeated by a different character.

Gentleman of Moderation
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Maybe it's just such a cool name? Great minds think alike and all that jazz :lol:

For me, 'Kayla' was originally a character from my epic fantasy novel, though she was a subtle huntress and not a great hulking brute of a warrior. Later, I RP'ed a warrior named Kayla but changed her name to Khaela specifically for the RP for numerous reasons. It means 'bloody' in the Druchii tongue which is very fitting for this particular reiteration of my character :twisted:

As she's developed as a character though, I've come to like her more and more. Now she's probably one of my favourites. I even made her on Soul Calibur 5's character creator - which I shall now find for your veiwing pleasure!

Like here:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/M ... CN0488.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/M ... CN0502.jpg

Also, if you click the names of my RP characters in my signature, they are actually links to pictures of them. GO LOOK!!!

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/M ... CN0516.jpg (another one of Nathra)

Sad, I know, but I don't care :D

And some Chaos Knights that I painted (but haven't finished)
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/M ... CN0231.jpg
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

It was as I suspected. Got my laptop back and it works perfectly, only trouble is my back up wasn't so fortuitous. I will need to re-install all the original drivers for a lot of my programs but I don't have the cd's for which to do that from and I don't have the 'net at home either. I think if I take my laptop to my folks over the weekend I can use their internet to find and install all the drivers and programs I need.

In the meantime, I have written up the next Mod post (already? Yep!) but the internet in the library has blocked access to my RP (too much violence, apparently, hehe :evil:) though I had no trouble getting access to G28! Anyway, I have PM'ed the post to Drainial to post for me - hopefully 'Mistress' has adequately explained the situation and time is ever dwindling, she does have the defence of an entire city to attend to!

Will leave the RP open until next week so you guys can get your character acquainted with each other - we'll move onto the next stage of the prologue in the next Mod post ;)
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I am under the impression that Khalea is not currently with us and have posted with that in mind. I only bring it up because Clavisson was talking to her. From how I read the post we were sent outside, Khalea was to follow momentarily, i.e we would have a few moments to talk in private. I could be wrong, I just want to make sure we are all on the same page. A clarification from Mini would be ideal but with computer troubles that might not happen quickly.

Gentleman of Moderation
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

That is correct, Drainial. Khaela is still in the city hall with the Drachua. You guys are all outside in the courtyard. Left you there so you could all post freely without my interuption.

Might have my 'net back up and running on Friday, if I do expect a mod post then.

In the mean time, keep posting!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

OK; will edit my post, then.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Thank Calisson, appreciate it! Don't know you changed but I'm guessing Clavisson attempted to speak to to Khaela in some fashion.

Okay guys, I'm going to have the next Mod post up this evening at some point. Don't know when exactly, just tonight at some point. This one could very well take me several hours!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

I'll be resuming RL work starting from tomorrow.
Will have much less time for D.net.
Confident that there will remain some time to post in Gr40.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

No problem at all, Calisson, thanks for letting me know.

Spent an hour or so writing up the Mod post last night but laptop unexpectedly shut down ("bluescreen error") so I updated the crap out of it and it seems to be fixed now.

You guys now have a choice:

You can choose to continue with the mission

Or

You can choose to investigate the source of the devastation.

Will go with a majority vote vote for this one. What's your decision?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

The warpstone could be interesting, but the mission seems clearly excluding it, and Khaela seems not someone to skip easily the mission.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I agree, Evarin is buggered any way and this star of chaos has se'alara's interest.

Gentleman of Moderation
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Voting is unanimous so far and something tells me Cananatra and JC aren't going to be voting any time soon (though I could be mistaken :roll: )

I'll continue with the second half of this Mod post at some point today and we'll continue with the original mission.

As always, any comments and questions are welcome ;)
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

From the character point of view, Zarathi does not want to defy her orders without a really good reason. But you can give her one or change her orders. :)

From the player point of view, I do not understand what this warpstone actually is. In recent posts you showed us walking dead and strange creatures and there were suspicions about Chaos influence and some will leading all the evil things to some purpose. This is what interests me and what I would like to explore. If a warpstone side arc would somehow relate to this and raise some interesting questions (and not provide many answers, it is too early for this), go ahead. But do not do anything that is not related to the story of Everain as a whole or of the individual (both player and non player) characters.

As I think about it, it could be interesting if hints about this warpstone event would be scattered through different story arcs. A subplot hidden in the background that can in an unexpected moment rise to the immediate attention. But I have no idea if this is possible with your story, of course. :)

Looking forward to the next part of your mod post. :)
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hey Marcho :)

I didn't just throw a warpstone meteor in there for the sake of it, haha, as with most things in the RP, everything is related or linked together somehow. There's plots and sub-plots going on here, an intricate web all stored in my head! There's lots of little details and things going on that have been hinted at throughout the RP (subtly or otherwise) that neither you or your characters have guessed at. But, as much as want to tell you these things I can't as it would ruin the mystery of it all. I am trying to keep this as interesting and exciting as I possibly can for you guys and that just isn't going to happen if I spoon feed it all to you on a silver platter!