Group 40 OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Marchosias
Assassin

Re: Group 40 OOC

Post by Marchosias »

I calculated the date wrongly, I was there for the whole duration. It is something like a summer camp for adults, organized by a bunch of enthusiasts, full of different creative activities. I would recommend, but I fear you do not speak Czech. :)

Leaving Zarathi alone for now is no problem. There will be plenty of time to interact with others later.

I am content with four daggers. Nathra having five shurikens per set is a decision specific to Nightcalls story, if you think in your story it is a good thing to supply us better as well, than do it (although the difference between four and five seems quite small), otherwise I see no reason not to stick to the standard rules.
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

apologies for the quick post, have a plane to catch shortly to Cairns. Ill be backpacking for the next 3 weeks so if im unable to get online and post, please just carry my character long with the story. As far as looting goes, no worries, im sure plenty of opportunities will come along!
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

We seem to have stalled somewhat...
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Stalled indeed.

Minigrift Modpost Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:04 pm, 11 days ago.
Marchosias Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:04 pm, 2 days later, fair speed, apreciated.
Drainial Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:42 pm, 5 days after modpost, a bit slow but nothing too bad.
Jcitalia4 Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:53 pm, 5 days after modpost, slow too.
Calisson Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:34 am, 7 days after modpost. That's too much, I owe you all apologizes, please receive them.

We're still missing Cananatra, last heard 11 days ago (also in his other group). Minigrift indicated that the next modpost would involve him.
Last time, it took him 7 days after modpost when everyone else had posted in 2 days. Obviously, Mini was waiting for him already.

I'd guess that we're waiting for Cananatra.
Sure, if we could have an extra modpost, that would allow us to feel more deeply involved.

That's a bad sign when people lose interest to quick replies. I hope our group will resume quickly and steadily.
I hope Cananatra makes it fast, especially since I like so much his character.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

No need to apologize. I feel like the worst addict, checking every day if something new is up. :D I guess it shows that I am really new to this story and to written, internet-based roleplaying in general. :)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Cananatra has posted! :D
Up to Mini, now :P
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

Indeed I have.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Well, we might have a problem.
Where's Minigrift?
Last heard, Mon Aug 12, 2013.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Sometimes people do lose internet access for a time, there are plenty of reasons he might be delayed. Hopefully he will return soon though, his leaving would put rather a large hole in two RPGs both of which I have something of an interest in.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Same. Am genuinely worried about him considering some things we've discussed before. I hope he's just had a lovely random holiday and is due to return shortly!
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

I blame his internet provider. Or maybe his rabbit chewed the cable. And because there is summer in Scotland, it is very well possible that libraries are closed.
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Hey guys! How are we all?

Really sorry I haven't been online recently. Life just has a way of kicking me in the balls every now and then ... Hope none of you were overly worried!

Got a lot to get through, for G40 and for the other 2 groups in which I am involved. Hopefully, I'll be able to post tomorrow in all the groups. G40 isn't the only group that has been going slow lately!

I may have rushed things, not sure, the story threads seem to be all over the place. With 3 people it was easy to keep everything in order, not such an easy task with 5! It has meant that some of the characters have been pondering around not doing a lot. I'll try and get things straightened out in the next Mod post - hopefully tomorrow - and get some things for your characters to do!

If there is anything in particular you would like to do (not your character) e.g. more fights, more conversation... Or we could just get it all wrapped up ASAP and move the characters into the second part of the Prologue. Not having to separately Mod 5 players would be less stressful for myself!

Thank you for your patience 8)
Nathra Severain - Shade (Group 38)
WS:5 S:4 T:2 D:6 I: 3
Skills; Acrobatics; Basic Stealth; Free Running
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Inventory; Ornate Tiara; Sword Belt; Asuri Orb; 106 gold
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

2nd part just fine for me. Eager to meet with the other players! :)
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

The important thing is that you are OK.

I look forward to meeting others, too. The scene could be quite hilarious. :)
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I would say it is about time for a meeting, but you know the story not us; mod as you feel.

Gentleman of Moderation
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

Mod post up. Sorry it was so late!
Equipment: Longsword; Shurikens (6/10); Shade Cloak; Asur Arm & Leg Armour Plates; Misericorde; Gutting Knife
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Minigrift wrote:the robed one, whom Valin could ascertain was a mage judging from the faint magical aura he sensed about him.

When I read that, I wondered: do Vauvalkas betray themselves by merely being themselves or only when they actually use magic?

If illegal magic-users had an aura at all times that all magic users would detect passively, they would be very easily hunted down by legal magic users, and Vauvalkas could not survive long in any civilized area.
IMO, Vauvalkas should be able to hide their status as long as they avoid to cast anything.

On the other hand, as all magic users tap off from the same winds, the disturbance might logically be detected, possibly the origin could be determined accurately.
When strolling the dark streets, Clavisson uses Light magic to warn ambushes. That might be detected - hopefully at close distance only.

Unless told otherwise, I will not consider that Valin irradiates anything that Clavisson might detect, until Valin practices magic actively, or until Clavisson purposedly casts a specific spell to know the truth, whichever comes first.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

I have some questions:

1. Are there any indications why was the woman killed or by whom? Signs of an illness? Rape? Was she fighting? Does she have other injuries?
2. Did the looters leave something behind? A piece of cloth, pendant of the city watch :D, fingerprints, ooze, slave collar...

I ask because the scene feels very differently if it is a work of some twisted creatures from nightmares, or if the culprits were elves raiding their own city.

For the looting, Zarathi is most of all interested in practical things that help with survival. A good knife (not a one for fighting), rope, food, pieces of cloth for bandages, flask that could be filled with water, sewing kit... this sort of stuff. What of these things does she have, actually?
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

That's entirely up to you, Calisson, you can RP your dude however you like!

The Mod post was written rather hastily as I didn't want to keep you guys waiting any longer - will make time to do a proper job of the next one! Feel free to disregard that bit of information, Cananatra, if it doesn't sit well with you...

The woman has had her throat slit, possibly as she tried to defend her home from whomever was looting it. You can fill in the extra details yourself if you fancy. As far as Zarathi can tell the looter(s) haven't left anything behind, except for a mess!

Your characters start with their equipment, but you can add bits and bobs purely for 'fluff' reasons (like Calisson did). Kykysh has an apothecaries satchel, for example, in which she keeps honey and herbs for brewing tea, as well as other paraphernalia... When she eventually learns Alchemy and First Aid, she'll also keep her reagents in her satchel.

There's no guarantee she'll even find anything - it all depends on the roll of a die! Se'alara got lucky, but Zarathi may not be so fortunate!
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Does she? Damn I had forgotten that. On another note is she going to post before I do seeing how almost everyone else's posts depend on her actions?

Gentleman of Moderation
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I am going to be out of town for a few days, I will may have some internet access but I wouldn't count on it and I won't have my laptop so posts will be at a minimum. I will try and keep up the conversation with Taldien but if you want to move things forward don't hold back on my account. It is her intention to explore the temple if there is anything more to explore and then carry on to the Drachau, preferably with Taldien in tow. If there isn't anything to explore the moving on part still holds true. Obviously that depends of Taldien.

Gentleman of Moderation
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

No bother, Drainial, were just taking it easy for the time being!

Thank you all for posting. I should be able to get a mod post done over the weekend, perhaps even tomorrow. Wanted to give you guys the opportunity to chat with each other for a bit first. I know Zarathi had only a corpse to talk to, but I have other plans for her - not going to say anything more than that!
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Mini do you think we could get a quick yay or nay on whether there is any more of the temple to explore?

Gentleman of Moderation
Minigrift
... And Hell Followed

Post by Minigrift »

The temple consists of the one massive chamber down the stairs from the entrance room. That's it. Andiril did say it would be disappointing!

I shall have the next Mod post up in a few hours - we'll be moving into the next part of the story - just need to give myself a massive kick up the arse first!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

:badh:
Minigrift wrote:just need to give myself a massive kick up the arse first!
You already proved once to be effective at that! :lol: