Group 41 - OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Group 41 - OOC

Post by Cananatra »

Come one come all to the opening of the newest, and therefore shiniest RP group on the amazing Druchii.net.

The Character Creation thread is groaning under the strain of new players, so they will be getting messages and first call on slots. However for you RPers who currently reside in another group, feel free to apply too. I'm hoping for a grand total of six, a rather large group, because this will be quite an arduous journey.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Re: Group 41

Post by Jcitalia4 »

oooo exciting times! I love watching a new group develop!
Cade Thanal (TN: Gaelus Stormscythe) (Group 38 warrior)
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold
Skills: Disguise

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2
Equipment: Glaive, medium armor, shield
Skills: Endurance

Taldein, the Draich'Arha (CC Thread)
WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Equipment: Draich (EP4), Helmet (EP1), Pendant
Skills: Power of Ulgu (1)
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

Im happy to be aboard such a shiny new RP thread :D
hope my RP skills havent rusted to badly ;3
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Well up to two confirmed players nice and fast. Hopefully we can get this started in a timely manner.
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
paithan darkshadow
Trainee Warrior

Post by paithan darkshadow »

Thanks for the invite. Cant wait to start
Name: paithan darkshadow
Sex: male
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 245 lbs
Class:khainite
Statistics: weapon skill 5 strength 3 Toughness 4 dexterity 3 Intelligence 4
Equipment: draich, Medium armour
Skills: endurance, smithing
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

OK, still only two replies. I'll be giving it till Saturday and if no reply by the others messaged it will be open to any other players who wish to step in. First come first served. Looking for a group of 6 total so any slot not taken by the people messaged can be filled by any other RP'er.

Get yer name in the hat here if ye be interested....yar
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Count me in! :D
After having tasted some magic in TMRS, Group 22 and Group 40, I'd like to keep exploring the might of the Arcane - with cynic humor, as usual. :twisted:
Would it be interesting to re-use Clavisson (Gr40, Light detective), or Caraoc (Gr22, Heavens pilot), or Cab’um (Town of Vikarh, Metal smith)?
Or a new character with an attempt to be a practitioner of the Power of Dhar?
Or would it be better to start a beastmaster apprentice, to be created?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Well, it is hard to say if I am interested given that I know absolutely nothing about your plans. Any teasers regarding what to expect? :) Is the feeling of the story going to be heroic or down to earth, shiny or gritty, joyous or melancholic or depressive, focused on fighting or politics (and general diplomacy) or emotions or atmosphere of paranoia or something completely different? :)
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

I'm planning on it being hard survival after an initial lead in to get everyone settled. I actually gave a slight clue about how it would start in my last post.

EDIT: I swear you edited your post didn't you Callison? Take whichever strikes you as the most fun for you.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

I tought the last line was abit funny :P

Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Cananatra wrote:I swear you edited your post didn't you Calisson? Take whichever strikes you as the most fun for you.
You're right, I did.
For some reason, D.net does not register when I edit.

All my proposed characters will take the light side.
They are never combat characters. They always have an odd job which gives them flavour.

Cananatra wrote:I actually gave a slight clue about how it would start in my last post.
What I wish is them to be compatible with the rest of the group and with the story line.
So that would be... Caraoc, the singing pilot-bard! :D (Heavens mage)
Question would be about his starting equipment & characteristics.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

yarrrr!
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5
Equipment: Light Armor, Short Sword, Repeating Handbow (9/10), Helmet, Asur Short Sword, High elf Mage-prince pelt, Lion pelt cloak, Sword belt with gold buckle and sapphire, 10 gold

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Well honestly all character types will be compatible with the story, though certain scenes may favor one type over another. Is caraoc particularly advanced stat wise beyond the base?
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

I particularly liked Clavisson's style. Was different and interesting to read. Though I'd admit, I am unfamiliar with Caraoc or the smith.
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Cananatra wrote:Is caraoc particularly advanced stat wise beyond the base?
Caraoc the scald pilot - WS3 S4 T3 D5 I5 - A saga or it didn't happen!
Equipment: staff, repeater handbow (20 clips), Sea Dragon Cloak,
Inventory: "Beastbane" Horn - Mount: Locke (ex Fiat's) - Gold: 433 - 2 months rations, sailing equipment
Skills: Power of Azyr (2), Evasion, Raiding
Class: Mage (Astromancer)

Obviously the inventory should be reduced to 0.
"Raiding" skill just represents the corsair background. It is not necessary.
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Hmm, I like allowing characters from previous groups to keep their character progress but I don't want some members being too advanced compared to the fresh characters.

OK, Caraoc loses the gold (living between missions), the horse (killed by a rabid rabbit), rations and sailing equipment but can keep his horn. I assume anti-beasty magic in it? He also keeps his skills.

Cade Thanal, which is JcItalia’s, loses his gold (what little he had), his jewel encrusted scabbard (to feed himself) and his battle standard (the dye ran with the rain). He keeps his other equipment and his skill increases.

Well, that’s the returning players dealt with. Fortunes have been hard, but innate progress is maintained. Now to be fair to the newcomers. You all magically get struck by lightning at the beginning and gain...stuff.

Searinox Nagharha, the shade, played by Searinox Nagharha, the person. Gains 1 stat point to bring the total to 19 as of the other players. You also get to pick one skill.

paithan darkshadow, the khainite, played by paithan darkshadow, the person. Gains 1 stat point to bring the total to 19 as of the other players. You also get to pick one skill.

Ladry, the mage, played by Thraundil, the person. Gains 1 stat point to bring the total to 19 as of the other players. You also get to pick one skill.

That should have the new and old even enough that nobody is overpowered and we can have some fun.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Wow!
Caraoc is really glad to keep his horn :D
Here is the link to the epic fight in Group 22 where he carved that horn from a Verminlord antler.
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

Sounds great! In the last post in group 38, I had grabbed the elven mage-prince's skin from the battlestandard (as the battle had been abandoned and it needed to be left behind in the retreat), he had killed the mage in the previous battle so it was sort of a memento, with the intention to have the skin stretched over his breastplate. Purely for cosmetic effect, would this be alright?
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Cananatra wrote:Caraoc, played by Calisson (Gr22 Heavens Mage)
Cade Thanal, played by JcItalia (Group 38 warrior)
Searinox Nagharha, the shade, played by Searinox Nagharha, the person.
paithan darkshadow, the khainite, played by paithan darkshadow, the person.
Ladry, the mage, played by Thraundil, the person.
Marchosias is not with us?
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

ow goody goody goody :D didnt expect to get any upgrades so soon xD
I'll have to think what I'm gonna spend it on
I'm getting way to excited about this :lol:

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

To state for the record if six other players sign up I wan't to let them get a group, that would mean one more doing so at this point. If one doesn't then Se'alara stills wants her 100 worthy kills.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Calisson wrote:Marchosias is not with us?

Marchosias is not sure.
I do not want to recycle Zarathi, I would have to scroll with her back to the beginning, which would confuse all of you who were able to see some progress and me the most. I can hardly say that she somehow left her former group in the Chaos Wastes and joined a new adventure. Besides, if the majority of this new story is going to happen in the wilderness, her concept would not be that interesting.
I could come up with a new character, of course, but oh, so much work! :D And although I have some ideas for new characters, I am not able to foresee how much character development they could get from traveling in the wild and how well would they merge with the story and the rest of the group. I mean, a character like Clavisson or Valin is interesting no matter what happens around them. But a character like Zarathi and probably Taldein is not that much interesting alone. You need to make it interesting by the things that happen around, let the character express opinions, argue with companions. But for this there is some input needed - and sometimes quite an effort from the poor writer, i.e. me. :)
This is why I have asked for more details about the story. It would help to shape the character in such a way that a good input, whatever this might be, comes at a higher pace.
paithan darkshadow
Trainee Warrior

Post by paithan darkshadow »

Hey thanks for the upgrades. Wil take an extra dexterity point and smithing if I can please? As executioners make their own draich it fits pretty well I think
Name: paithan darkshadow
Sex: male
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 245 lbs
Class:khainite
Statistics: weapon skill 5 strength 3 Toughness 4 dexterity 3 Intelligence 4
Equipment: draich, Medium armour
Skills: endurance, smithing
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Cool way of getting a magical horn.

Cade can keep the skin if it’s just cosmetic and have it attached to his breastplate some time before our group starts.

Marchosias, I don’t want to give away any more about the story. You’ll be starting your adventure on a ship rather than a plot in the city or the surrounding lands. That’s as much as I’m going to divulge.

I do intend for this to be quite a trial once it gets into full swing, so expect difficult situations.

Dexterity and Smithing it is. (You cant tell the future can you? That skill will be more useful than normal in this RP)
Jcitalia4
Beastmaster

Post by Jcitalia4 »

grand, just for the record though, i'd say the plan is still to use taldein/a new character until i hear back from NC and see where G38 is heading etc as Cade is still technically in that RP. She's responded to my PM and if the group is continuing, it would be great to continue with it etc
WS3 S4 T3 D4 I5

Dolan Steelshorn
WS4 S5 T5 D3 I2

WS4 S3 T4 D3 I4