Group 41 - OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

paithan darkshadow
Trainee Warrior

Re: Group 41 - OOC

Post by paithan darkshadow »

sounds like a good plan all in all. and thats a nice sword. looks a little short for a two handed weapon or the pictures proportions are off. nice though.
Name: paithan darkshadow
Sex: male
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 245 lbs
Class:khainite
Statistics: weapon skill 5 strength 3 Toughness 4 dexterity 3 Intelligence 4
Equipment: draich, Medium armour
Skills: endurance, smithing
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

paithan darkshadow wrote:sounds like a good plan all in all. and thats a nice sword. looks a little short for a two handed weapon or the pictures proportions are off. nice though.

I believe Searinox fights with two hand weapons ;p

But yah, nice looking piece. The handle seems abit odd though.
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

Actually a 'longsword' tends be anywhere between 100 and 130 cm in total length. (mine is 110)
Some are also know as '1 1/2 handers' as the can be wielded with both 1 or 2 hands.
Im a sword freak :oops: :lol:

but yeah Searinox dualwields :D
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

Longswords are also double edged with a straight blade, so that isn't a long sword.
Does look cool though.
I'll get a post up either today or tomorrow.

As for sparring, there are a few ways we could go about it. As it isn't actually a competition I would suggest both of you getting together via PM and sorting out a combat sequence and then both write that sequence from your chars point of view.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

True, but a longsword was the only option of the available equipment that came close to that sword :P

Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
paithan darkshadow
Trainee Warrior

Post by paithan darkshadow »

as far as what that sword is it fits closest in my mind to a falchion
Name: paithan darkshadow
Sex: male
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 245 lbs
Class:khainite
Statistics: weapon skill 5 strength 3 Toughness 4 dexterity 3 Intelligence 4
Equipment: draich, Medium armour
Skills: endurance, smithing
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Silent WE. Surprising.

Calisson wrote:Before the meeting closed, the pilot mage suggested once more, for the sake of harmony between the crew and the mercenaries, that those who had some smithing talents would consider to help the crew maintain the ship in the best floating conditions they could achieve.
Nobody reacted to indicate how they would take this piece of advice into account?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

We have overestimated our strength and are now too exhausted to write. :D
My post about the duel is ready, I am just waiting for Searinox. Then there will be some more conversation and such.

As for the repairs, it is a very good suggestion. However, I am struggling to find something reasonable. Actually, I have no idea what kind of repairs can be needed. I am thinking about carving some wooden pins, attachments for sails or something but I fear it makes no sense.

By the way, Cana, how big is the distance between the captain and his crew? Does he help with mundane tasks? Eat with them? Stand on guard? Does he join their chatter?
Last edited by Marchosias on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

same, all i can think off for Searinox would be that he can help with the sailing of the ship.

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

You probably gave sufficient indications.
Expect the sailors themselves to know best where the ship needs more repairs.
Knowing that, the Mod should be able to integrate our expressed godwill into the next mod-post that will cover several days at sea.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Well my post is up :D Sparring, asking if one of the smiths could rework his shortsword into something more manageable and replied to Caroac.

Suggested that Searinox helps with the actual sailing of the ship itself

Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Damn, Searinox is boringly modest, I was hoping that from your post it will look like he was utterly smashing Analya the whole time. That would be a nice contrast. :D

Finding a good repair job for Analya is complicated for one more reason: she sees herself as a commander and as such she cannot do task that are too "dirty" or "mundane" unless in emergency. We have no emergency yet. But if everything fails she could at least take watch from time to time.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Well its more that im boringly modest xD it should have come across as Searinox putting himself way above Analya looking doen on her because she is younger (though i dont know how well elves see ghis in eachother so might be an error on my part) and ( dare i say it :shock: ) a woman. but is then gladly suprised to see that she does know her way in combat.

On a side note: I just realized Searinox is the oldest git in the bunch !eek!

Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Ladry has a similar problem with regards to interacting with the corsair crew. She's noble, and have never really done any mundane tasks like that. Its not that she wouldnt want to, but she simply doesnt know how for the most part. And of course, to avoid losing face, she just chooses not to. Interaction with the mercenaries, whom she sees as allies-out-of-need, is simply to know them better, but she sees the lot of them as a means to an end :p
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Searinox wouldnt mind helping to much. while he is/was a noble he came from a raiding family and knows that on smaller ships every extra pair of hands help, until that pair of hands starts to get in the way ;)

Btw Marchosias, what foes Analya mean my debt has increased :shock: is she gonna challenge Searinox every moment she gets now because she finds him a worthy sparring partner? :lol:

Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

The captain is quite close to the crew, most have raided with him for decades and a couple for nearly two centuries.

Do you guys have more sparring/planning/integrating/spying to do before I move the story on or shall I move on? It is your story after all so as long as you lot are having fun we can hang around at this point until you have everything you want sorted, well, sorted.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Thraundil: I think Ladry could do most of the things needed on a ship. She led a few raids and in emergencies (most of the crew dead, the ship damaged and pursued by a big warship), even the most prominent elves have to help.

Searinox: She means that while she enjoyed the duel, Searinox was obviously delighted, too. And that it was a far bigger honour and pleasure for Searinox to be allowed to fight her than it was for her to duel him. Being allowed to spar with Searinox = nice, being allowed to spar with Analya = experience of the century. Or this is at least what her words are meant to imply. :)

Cana: I only plan minor things - some swordsplay with Caraoc, if he is willing, and I wanted to discuss something with Ladry but that can easily wait.
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Marchosias wrote:Thraundil: I think Ladry could do most of the things needed on a ship. She led a few raids and in emergencies (most of the crew dead, the ship damaged and pursued by a big warship), even the most prominent elves have to help.

She was never in an emergency of that sort. The (rather few) raids shes participated in has been on rival dark elf settlements (ssh! no tell), and these were always planned to such an extend that the victory was overwhelming. Remember she's a relatively young elf. Her part would've been to command the corsairs of her ship alongside probably other ships, and carry home the spoils of victory. She doesnt really know the harsh life, which is why she promptly took the chance to join the expedition; living in the wild was NOT her thing ;)
Or at least, thats how i see it. Bit of a luxury person.

With regards to storyline, I think we might see a few more sparring matches. Will the storyline depend on the outcome of these? Otherwise we can probably resolve the sparrings in an independent timeline.
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Marchosias wrote:some swordsplay with Caraoc, if he is willing
Done!
Couldn't resist the allusion! :lol:
I expect a spectacular stunt as a reaction. :P

As far as I'm concerned, ready for next modpost.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

i guess Searinox could indulge in abit of sparing with Ladry :P i'll work something up

also im pretty much ready for the mod post. want to know how Searinoxs espionage is going :D

Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Where do I know this girl from? *scratching his head* :D

(Reaper, Bladesinger Sister from the Sisters of the blade series)
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Aside from Paithan/Dolan sparring match, we're more or less set for more mod action I think :)
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Oh, by the way, sorry for those of you who have noticed already,
but here is how Caraoc has been found to master the Lore of Heavens: Comics: beware the hydra and other boot camp sayings

Thraundil, you have probably noticed that I borrowed Ladry's name for the Boot Camp ost displayed a couple of strips above: Comics: beware the hydra and other boot camp sayings
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Calisson wrote:Thraundil, you have probably noticed that I borrowed Ladry's name for the Boot Camp ost displayed a couple of strips above: Comics: beware the hydra and other boot camp sayings

I am honoured! :)
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

Up to this point I was unshakably convinced that the "someone important in human politics" is himself in the village. :shock: I should probably read more carefully. :D