Group 41 - OOC

Where the RPGs take place

Moderator: The Makers of Chains

Marchosias
Assassin

Re: Group 41 - OOC

Post by Marchosias »

A hunter learns to know the habits of his prey. An animal trainer learns the body language of the species he works with and uses it to his advantage. A druchii raider learns the human tongue. I see no problem.

Besides, it is too arrogant even for a druchii to view humans as animals. It is a race that uses magic, sails the ocean and builds impressive buildings. Uncivilized barbarians, sure, dirty and stupid, but not beasts. The analogy should not be if we would learn dog barking. It should be if an European conqueror would learn the language of, say, the Zulu or Aztecs. And this some of them did.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

So now that i have accepted Analya's quest, how do i go about this? I gave myself until our next raid to report vack with findings, so ample of time :P

but do i have to write how i try to get the information im looking for or is this gonna be decided by dice rolls?
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Would the two extra mercenaries be part of the evening meeting?
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

I'd guess as much, tho they seemed to have worked together before so might be less inclined to form alluances.
And Thraundil... who you calling a Sneaky-Stabber! Your absolutely right but still ;)

Also in these multiple time lines are gonna do me head in if they keep up xD

Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Ye xD lots of stuff going on at once. But with this number of participants we need a system for multiple timelines, and I think what Analya put up with separating her posts

_____

Like so, such that people can keep track of what event occurs when, works out okay. But daym : P

And yeah, I just went ahead and assumed the two unnamed mercs shows up. If they dont, its the simplest thing in the world to edit the post, as what I wrote generally doesnt approach them in any specific way. They are redshirts to me ;)

And keep in mind I say those things in Ladrys head! She saw your combat style from her vantage point at the helm, its clear you are not a brawler like Dolan and Paithan ^^
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

I know but i was reading it and i could instantly see who you ment, the i came to 'sneaky-stabber' and i had a moment like "wait... does that refer to me?" xD

Cananatra
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Cananatra »

Searinox, just strike up a conversation with whichever corsair you feel like and I'll puppet him so you can get your answers.
Group 28- Name: Cananatra; Warrior; Follower of Slaanesh
WS:4 S:4 T:5 D:4 I:3
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Skills: Defensive Fighting, Ride, Endurance
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Ok, I'll make a seperate timeline for any information gathering then :D

Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

(Just waiting for Dolan to say something, now ^^)

Also; first instinct is ALWAYS to distrust the guy in charge ;)
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Yeah, I try to help ease the tension between sailors & mercenaries, all the more that I was the one to mention first the captain's surprising idleness during the battle.
Let's allow the mod to remain along his storyline.
Anyway, we're not playing orcs, are we? So a little discipline is not out of reach.
Of course, that does not prohibit to remain cautious...
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Its more the combo of beeing a Dark Elf and a Hired Sword that i dont fulle trust the captain :P
im not planning on starting a mutiny but knowledge is power :wicked:

Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Searinox Nagharha wrote:im not planning on starting a mutiny but knowledge is power :wicked:

This. A thousand times this ;)
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

You can mutiny if you like, it wont really effect the main storyline. (heh, bet your confused now)
Equipment: MC Long sword, Throwing Axe, Dagger, Heavy Armour, Slaanesh Amulet, Dalvian Hunting Horn, Rations x 7, Null stone x 1, 525 Gold, Dark Steed, Blackpowder Pistol [18/18]
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Noooooo! !mad! Don't spoil us by telling us what's next! :(
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Cananatra wrote:
You can mutiny if you like, it wont really effect the main storyline. (heh, bet your confused now)

I think whats going to happen is we're going to either be assaulted by an overwhelming force or we're gonna get stranded in this next village we're headed on to, left to find our own way in life :p

Uhm. With regards to very simply magic tricks. I did post that I lit a fire in the forge for Paithan. Is that the sort of thing that requires a roll, just because snakeeyes would mean something bad? It seems like one of the most trivial spells imagineable for a fire mage, and it would be easier for the flow of the story to just go ahead and light the fire. Is this sort of thing alright to do in the future?
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Wow, what a pace!
Fortunately, I'm jobless atm, otherwise I could not keep up.
(OK, I also spend some time drawing my comics).
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Starting up a forge or campfire outside combat doesn't need a roll. It's just a starting flame so your char should be able to do it easily enough.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Pfff some ppl have all the luck Calisson ;) :P
but i agree the pace is going very nicely

i also hope that my attempt to start gathering info is within the limits of what im able to do as a player :D

Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

This pace is crazy. We should probably set a limit of one post per day for each of us or something. I mean, Analya is constantly yelling at me that I am not doing justice to her impulsiveness and the fire she should show, but I have other things to do besides writing posts. And in the contest for group leadership, it seems to me that the biggest advantage Ladry has is that Thraundil is a faster poster than I am. I do not mind, but Analya might. How am I supposed to explain this to her? :D

End rant, do not take this too seriously, I have just spent another hour or more writing. :)
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Marchosias wrote:This pace is crazy. We should probably set a limit of one post per day for each of us or something. I mean, Analya is constantly yelling at me that I am not doing justice to her impulsiveness and the fire she should show, but I have other things to do besides writing posts. And in the contest for group leadership, it seems to me that the biggest advantage Ladry has is that Thraundil is a faster poster than I am. I do not mind, but Analya might. How am I supposed to explain this to her? :D

End rant, do not take this too seriously, I have just spent another hour or more writing. :)

Oh. I can slow down a bit if you want, to give a better contest :p

Actually, I'm gonna pause for now and wait for a mod post or for everyone else to post.

I dont know about the "one post per day" cap. It could easily be that two characters have a conversation on the side, and that could easily be a flurry of smaller posts that would be limited if you could only do one post a day. But, I see your point also. The pace is sky high :)
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

I think im gonna slow down aswell xD the pace is getting ridiculess

edit: nvr mind about the sparring btw :P ran out of work to do xD

paithan darkshadow
Trainee Warrior

Post by paithan darkshadow »

with posting, if people want a faster pace of posts they can always address paithan I enjoy posting a lot so i can act as a foil to people if they want. if everyone wants to slow it down I dont mind that either though as I realise I can get a little fast paced at times, its another hangover from when i used to do live chat rp where it was a post every few minutes.
Name: paithan darkshadow
Sex: male
Height: 6ft1
Weight: 245 lbs
Class:khainite
Statistics: weapon skill 5 strength 3 Toughness 4 dexterity 3 Intelligence 4
Equipment: draich, Medium armour
Skills: endurance, smithing
Cananatra

Post by Cananatra »

Well the inter-personal posts can be whatever speed you guys want. Mod=posts wont be that insanely fast though.
Marchosias
Assassin

Post by Marchosias »

The slower pace than on chats means we can try to make it a bit better literature. Suits me well. :)

As we probably do not want to spend to much time with the sparing, I have decided that we can sort that out simultaneously (I would just assume the duel between Dolan and Paithan takes place right after the one between Analya and Searinox). And I think it suffices to describe the general style of both combatants and then decide that something worked for both of them. We can fight several rounds of combat, after all. So for example, instead of a long string of posts like "Searinox attacks from the left" / "Analya makes a step backwards" we can say "Analya fights in this way, Searinox in that, in one round Searinox was able to lead her weapon away with one of his blades and to score a hit with the second, but right after that, he got surprised by a quick counterattack." Spares a few posts. :) Hope this makes sense.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

sounds good, but we'll have to wait and see what our Mod thinks about our sparring :3

also Searinox's sword is single edged like so

actually, that is Searinox's sword :mrgreen: