The Hero warband - witch elves as henchmen?

Discuss and participate in the development of the Mordheim Druchii warband here.

Moderators: Loflar, The Dread Knights

Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

implies that the witch would still count the WE

Erm, yeah, should one witch lose frenzy she will be able to count other witches as friendly, note the phrase:
for a warrior of the other sect

It makes perfect sense to me.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Arquinsiel wrote:
implies that the witch would still count the WE

Erm, yeah, should one witch lose frenzy she will be able to count other witches as friendly, note the phrase:

Typo on account of fatigue (sorceress = sorcière = witch). I've edite the post, so that should actually make sense now.
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

A neutral shade of black. wrote:Typo on account of fatigue (sorceress = sorcière = witch).

Yes, this is one of big mysteries of Warhammer, at least for me.

I know, that my English is not perfect, but AFAIK "witch" is a term for a female magic user (usually inclined to natural magic, compared to sorceress, who is more hermetic-like). The frenzied girls are, by they job description, priestesses, and are not magic users. Why are they called Witch Elves is simply beyond me ;-)

(Just a random rant...)
Lord aldarith
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Lord aldarith »

Yeah ! I also thought that for once, the french translation "Furie" was much better than the english term "witch elf"... But then "Fury" refers to another creature of the WFB world so I would say that is sort of a problem and I doubt anyone would ever consider translating into the english version a word from French :roll: :lol:
"Devoted of Khaine" would have been much closer to the "reality" of what a witch elf is ! Not even talking about "Hag" which, to me, refers both to an insult and a really old and disgusting woman practicing magic, which is not exactly what they are supposed to be - even if these girls do actually age, such as Hellebron. Does anyone think that we should, as a matter of clarification, ask GW to rethink the name of "Witch elf" and "Hag" - maybe suggesting "Devoted of Khaine" for the first and "High priestess" or simply "Priestess of Khaine" for the latter ? What about the Mordheim band ?
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Oui, sauf qu'une furie an anglais, c'est une gargouille du Chaos. Vive GeuWeu et leur département traductions, hein? :roll:

The hag is actually a reference to just that. Hags are those priestesses of Khaine that are old. Hellebron is not the only one to use a Cauldron to rejuvenate.

And as far as the names are concerned, I'm inclined to agree - but once again, this is going to be official warband, so deviating from the GW official line isn't possible. We could always go off and create our own game system. :P

(Ou on se fait embaucher par big R? >.>)
General Kala wrote:
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Oui, sauf qu'une furie an anglais, c'est une gargouille du Chaos. Vive GeuWeu et leur département traductions, hein?

Mais il's sont les arbitrés du fate dan les mythologies Grecie.
[IE: you use a different language and I'll have to maul it.]

Anyway, to sort it all out:

Sect Enimity:
Witch elves and Sorceress do not count as a friendly model for the purposes of an All Alone test for a warrior of the other sect. Note that for a witch elf this will only apply should she lose her frenzy.

Better?
ImageImageImageImage
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Arquinsiel wrote:Anyway, to sort it all out:

Sect Enimity:
Witch elves and Sorceress do not count as a friendly model for the purposes of an All Alone test for a warrior of the other sect. Note that for a witch elf this will only apply should she lose her frenzy.

Better?

Yeah, pardon my French. ;)

That's fine, though I still think the last sentence is redundant. In it goes, next update. >.>
General Kala wrote:
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

YAY! I'm helping!

*cough*

Meh, you know there'll be someone who forgets that rule. I know most of my group fail to remember the All Alone rule in it's entirety on a regular basis.
ImageImageImageImage
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

nice... what is next?

schould'nt be there a poll for the name of the counterstriking skill?
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen