Allies?

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Drainial Shadowhart wrote:Where are these dragon eggs your so concerd about? I have heard nothing about any dragon eggs anywhere else.

Ahem. Well you see, the Sorceress's of Naggaroth cast spells on the dragons of Caledor so they would slumber deeply and could not be roused against us in war.
With doing this, that is why the dragon rpinces the HE have, are not riding dragons'. Good move by Malekith.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

I'm pretty sure he meant dragon eggs in the context of the Nemises War, but yes, the Asur suck at waking dragons these days.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

And because they suck at that, they go off to the Old World to find themselves some new eggs. Which wouldn't be very funny if they succeeded.
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Well you see, the Sorceress's of Naggaroth cast spells on the dragons of Caledor so they would slumber deeply and could not be roused against us in war.

Actually, it has more to do with the decreasing levels of magic in the world than anything else.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Eldacar is right, our Sorceresses had only a minor part in the inevitable decreasing of magic. The Asur caused it themselves by creating the Vortex. At least they repelled Chaos by doing that, but weakened themselves a lot.
Malekith's psychologist
Beastmaster
Location: can't u feel my breath on the back of ur neck?maybe the cold steel on ur throat gives u a clue

Post by Malekith's psychologist »

Hmmmm i don't want to be lapidated for correcting Eldacar, but i was pretty sure dragons were sleepy because the warhammer world was brought closer to it's sun, making it warmer and therefore making dragons more sleepy as they were used to a colder climate. I didn't know there was any conection between magic and sleeping dragons, apart from the fact of our sorceresses casting spells on the Caledorian dragons....
DiscipleOfKhaine said:
Im not saying that makes them unworthy of a model, Im just saying...that Malekith is the greatest elven king in the history of the world and I will never concede otherwise.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Dragons are magical creatures, think of them like a snake. When it's warm out, they're active and all over the place. But when winter comes around they all go to sleep. Creating the Vortex was the equivilant of bringing about a really long winter, the old dragons who were used to such high magic levels couldn't stay awake.

But back on topic, I agree with Lethalis, we should stop the Asur from getting those eggs. Any word on what zone they're in?

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Urial
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Urial »

from what i gathered on asur.org i believe that the dragon eggs are in spain not sure what zone that is
KILL AND RAID IN THE NAME OF THE WITCH KING
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Should'nt we use our own dragon egg's to stop them? It says that the first batch has been born and they're been trained. It has said that for a few years now, plenty of time IMO to be in shape.

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Darthken
Assassin
Location: Australia, the place where kangaroo's hop down the street with a can of fosters in their pouch

Post by Darthken »

yeah i agree letting HE get their hand on more dragon eggs =pain for DE. besides im sure there are plenty of beastmasters out there who would KILL for a new clutch of dragon eggs
you don't know the power of the darkside
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Stopping the HE from getting the eggs can only be done if we get any players from spain, but that's kinda crucial anyway since we'd need to do well in all of the zones to really do well period.

Oh, and I just heard that Chaos Dwarfs will be playing as Greenskins.

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

I am planning on attacking Tor Thana, any volunters?

P.S Tor Thana is a deserted elven city in the Barren Hills UK
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

You got my armies support Fingol, better idea than just raiding and gives us a more interesting storyline.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Tastyfish is working on a minigame of sorts as well. Fingol the 23d's idea would be a good one for the British (heck, maybe even some of you might want to fight against him fluffwise... just for kicks), but there is still stuff cooking for those of us who don't live on that island ;)

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Shadow dark
Noble

Post by Shadow dark »

So Fingol, you are planning on attacking a deserted city. Ah well, i'll come along, i need something to do.
Hi, i'm Shadow Dark. I spend my time teaching dragons the difference between their food and the slaves that bring it in
Pariah mk.231
Noble
Location: The Eastern Steppe, assaulting the Great Bastion of Cathay ... well, Australia actually.

Post by Pariah mk.231 »

I agree with the alliance with the Chaos Dwarves, ENSLAVE THE WORLD!!!!

*Presses play on tape recorder and recorded maniacal laughter ensues*

What? I'm just too damn lazy to do the laugh every single time.
Formerly Marlus Chi Kai

In all ov da 'ole Orky race, der ar too kindz ov ladz an' only too. Der'z da one stayin' put in 'is propa place, an' da one wiv 'is foot in da uvver one'z face.
- Gurgit Trollpuncha
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

And then we can enslave the chaos Dwarves!?

Urial
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Urial »

i live in the uk so Fingol23 im in
KILL AND RAID IN THE NAME OF THE WITCH KING
Pariah mk.231
Noble
Location: The Eastern Steppe, assaulting the Great Bastion of Cathay ... well, Australia actually.

Post by Pariah mk.231 »

Nah, we need someone to trade with, and they've got some pretty funky gadgets too, maybe we can give them all the blueprints for everything that the empire, dwarves and skaven have invented, and they can make us some funky clockwork monsters to ride around.

OR

We rule the surface world and enslave all the races that live above ground, and they can have the subterrainian realms and enslave the races that live there. That way, we don't get in each other's way.
We could also combine our resources and build one hell of a wall to contain the other minions of chaos in the wastes.
Formerly Marlus Chi Kai

In all ov da 'ole Orky race, der ar too kindz ov ladz an' only too. Der'z da one stayin' put in 'is propa place, an' da one wiv 'is foot in da uvver one'z face.
- Gurgit Trollpuncha
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Khelmor Blackspine wrote:And then we can enslave the chaos Dwarves!?

you seem to be looking forward to it...

The Dragon eggs are in the Draken Downs, in an ancient dragon cave. The cave doesn't seem to be very far from the Gulf of Marienburg, so our Arks would be in very good position to snatch the eggs. If only the River Reik is wide enough...
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Just noticed this:

i was pretty sure dragons were sleepy because the warhammer world was brought closer to it's sun, making it warmer and therefore making dragons more sleepy as they were used to a colder climate.

They don't have any problems living in volcanoes. Given that the mountains cooled down, if anything, it'd be the exact opposite - more heat would be a good thing for them.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Malekith's psychologist
Beastmaster
Location: can't u feel my breath on the back of ur neck?maybe the cold steel on ur throat gives u a clue

Post by Malekith's psychologist »

Hey i live in Spain!!! I'll make sure those ponsy Asur don't get their hands on those eggs which only belong to the rightful king!!! (Malekith obviously)
DiscipleOfKhaine said:
Im not saying that makes them unworthy of a model, Im just saying...that Malekith is the greatest elven king in the history of the world and I will never concede otherwise.
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

Thanks for the support I will probably start a separate thread nearer the start of the campaign for all fluff concerning Tor Thana
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
51la5
Executioner

Post by 51la5 »

Well with all the discussion on an alliance with chaos dwarf I think we need someone to be ambassador if were serious I will volunteer since I am a member on the mane chaos dwarf site.
Silas Group 24

Weapon Skill 3
Strength 2
Dexterity 5
Toughness 2
Intelligence 5

Skills: Basic Stealth.

Equipment:
short sword, repeater crossbow, Light green shade cloak, Fire lighter, Stealth armour, Map, 48 gold.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

I believe I said earlier that the Chaos Dwarfs have already pledged to the Greenskins. If you want to try and get them on our side 51la5, then go for it. Worth a try at least.

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins