Tomb Kings Siege of Altdorf?

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Khelmor wrote:Yes, But Nemesis Crown is set before the storm of Chaos.

After actually, a couple of years after i heard.
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Yes why do you think the Empire is so weak and devastated
Sanity... is for the weak!
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Really? I wouldn't see how the Empire could assemble such a force for this campaign. Sure, it would answer a few questions but could you clarify with a site or any reference of it being after?
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Well is there any evidence being before? After all GW normally make their campaigns in the current time of warhammer.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Well if you compile the information, it gets to some degree where you have enough facts to make a clear statement.
Here are a few facts i picked up from the official Neme crown campaign page.

Empire Page
Within weeks, a vast army was assembled on the plains outside Altdorf. With Kurt Helborg at its head, the army set off towards the Great Forest along the Talabheim Road.
The Empire could not assemble such a force i would presume inside the Empire after the SoC

Grimgor Ironhide wasn't really around much intil they released the new O&G book with him in it and that was during the SoC. He wasn't really around before the SoC so now that he has come through the SoC it makes me feel that this would be after the SoC

The Hordes of Chaos are not taking part in this for there force has been diminished so much after the SoC. So that's why there not taking part in it so much and that is why they are only looking for blood and skull as it says here. right this way

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Alright, ya maybe right, I'd continue but I have nothing up my own sleeves. I was maybe just hoping to make history since if it's before Storm of chaos nothing really matters of the outcome of the battle. But Games workshop might do something about, althrough not.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

This campaign isn't really that big off deal. THough it is for us druchii, for it gives us a chance to snag some extra awsome (Awsome being the key word) magic items before our new book is released. We gotta do everything we can to see that our book contains some magic weapons which don't suck so much (Sorry chill blade...). This campaign in my eyes, is just to playtest the dwarves, O&G and the Empire for they have ahd the latest update so far.

Giladis
Corsair

Post by Giladis »

Just to say this. Liche Priests can rise new skeletons but it is a much longer proces/ritual than that done by the necromancers.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Where do you get that from, the only place I have ever heard of Tomb Kings getting new skiltions is when some travelers drink some tainted water in the desert in a story in the TK army book. Other than that its allways seemed like they could only resurect the ones already interned with the kings.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Reanimate them would what he probably ment.

Giladis
Corsair

Post by Giladis »

It is from 5th edition and I have yet to see anything that would contradict it. They have some incantation that transforms a freshly killed creature into a skeleton by removing all its fleshy components and than the killed creatures spirit is bound to the skeleton, completely aware of everything but unable to make decisions.

From what can be gathered from that short story it takes roughly a day to perform it so it is undoable on the battlefield.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

We mean by reanimating the skeletons. But yes, i guess they couldn't raise minions from the dead ones on the battlefield.

Reanimating like, Liche priest do some weird incantation where they get life put back into them. Very complicated stuff, my brain hurts when i think about it ;)

Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Drainial Shadowheart wrote:Tomb kings dont have any guts at all, they all rotted away years ago.

No, when the kings died, all their organs were taken out, preserved in sacred fluids, wrapped up and put back in the chest cavity... they're still right there. ;)
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

You ever looked inside a Canopic Jar, if those are the guts your reling on then good luck to you.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Drainial Shadowheart wrote:You ever looked inside a Canopic Jar, if those are the guts your reling on then good luck to you.

Well, they work just as well as the desiccated muscles that heft the TK's great weapon...
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

This is Warhammer Fantasy. They use magic to reanimate the bones in them or something, i don't know something magicy. The Tk would not use the the Organs they preserved in the Tomg Kings. They would keeo them, though they wouldn't use them again.

Keralith
Dark Rider

Post by Keralith »

So, fluffwise, if Karl Franz gets his hands on the Nemesis Crown, he will be turned into Darth Frenzy, if I've gotten it right? (We all know how overconfidence in overcoming curses end...) That's how the crown works right?
"When envoys are sent with compliments in their mouths, it is a sign that the enemy wishes for a truce."

"I cannot express to the point I've regressed
If anger's a gift, then I guess I've been blessed..."
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

We are not sure how the crown benifits the user but a side effect is to draw out all of the evil within them, that canot be a good thing for a ruler of a race even if the crown did nothing.

Gentleman of Moderation