The Barren Hills (UK)

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

_maelstrom_
Shade

The Barren Hills (UK)

Post by _maelstrom_ »

Hi,

I know some of you guys including myself are teaming up with Fingol23 to count our battles and fluff towards capturing the ruins of tor thana, to set up a colony/base in the old world.

anyhow i was looking throught this months UK white dwarf and found abit written about it in the frontline section for events at GW birmingham, don't no if any of you guys spotted it but here it is:

"..also this half term, fight over the ruins of Tor Thana, still infused with the powerful magic of ages past and stalked by the spirits of its former inhabitants."

hopefully this will help with writing any fluff themed towards the ruins.

cheers,
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

If anyone needs some help with writing stuff up about Tor Thana, I'll be happy to oblige- even if you just need an editor. It sounds like the sort of relic that would have been left over from Ulthuan's glory days. It would be the biggest insult to the false-elves if the Druchii claimed it 8)
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

Is there any information online about Tor Thana so i can start planning some fluff? I'm definitely up for this if I can figure out why my cult are helping regular Druchii...

Who's going to orchestrate the fluff so we're all singing off the same hymn sheet, so to speak?

EDIT: Are we going to be doing the hunter/rogue thing in our area?
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

Hi,
i haven't found anything online about it, the only stuff i have seen about it is the stuff i posted above and a little paragraph in the nemisis crown booklet.

i dont no who will organise it all, most likely Fingol23 seen as it was his idea, im going to start writing my campaign fluff up soon so once we know every1 that is involved i can include ur leaders names in my fluff.

what do you mean by hunter/rogue? like raiding or sumthing?

in my fluff probs battles before the campaign and during the start i will count as raids on villages as my army advances towards the ruins, but thats only a rough idea.

cheers,
Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

Sorry I should have been more specific. If you check the thread about the USA battlezone, the Talabec Border, people are talking about rogue druchii being hunted down by armies loyal to Malekith. This would certainly fit my background so I was wondering if we're doing that on this side of the pond (or Forest, depending on which world you prefer to exist in)?
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

sorry, i hadnt read that post in the talabec border thread.

I'd be up for somethng like that my army is loyalist plus ive got a master executioner as a character, he and his executioners could have been sent with the rest of the army to kill any rogue druchii, the overall leader of my force could team up with you rogue druchii to capture the ruins then turn on you after or something, or he could be un aware of the true purpose of the executioners who joined the force. i think im going to put this stuff into my fluff

cheers,
Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

Sounds like a plan. My general thinks he has the support of Malekith although really the Witch king wants him and his cultists dead, so that would work really well from my point of view.
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

Sorry guys been away for a while. To help anyone start planning their fluuf for the attack it might help if we gave names and maybe some background for the major characters in our armies.

Rackeith: An exiled lowborn Druchii who was once Lord Yuerl's favoured champion. He was exiled for learning sorcery. He now plans to start a new elf state based around Tor Thana.

Alexia: Rackeith's sorceress sister, had to flee Naggaroth in case it was found that she was the one that had taught him magic.

Ares: Rackeith's most loyal champion who is trusted with Rackeith's standard.

Diane: Rackeith's illagitamate daughter, also a sorceress. She is an expert at entrancing men.
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

hi, heres my main characters:

Areon Fellblade: current head of house fellblade hailing from Har Ganeth, Areon plans to use the confusion caused by the nemesis war to boost his coffers and upon hearing rumours of Tor Thana intends to make it his base in the old world.

Alrek Felllade: brother of Areon who severed ties with the family in order to join the ranks of the executioners, after many years he is now a master executioner and Tullaris himself has dispatched him with a large contingent
of executioners on a mission asigned by Malekith himself. Alrek has joined Areons army but his true motives are unknown.

Vetka: Areons advisor and member of the sorceresses convenent

these are my main characters i'll post up some of the lesser ones soon

cheers,
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

So your a loyalist then. It would be nice if you could post whether you intend to take Tor thana for Malkeith or for Rackeith

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

Areon would join Rackeith to further his own agenda seen as he is in overall command and gaining control of tor thana (or atleast a position of power) would serve as an ideal place to lauch raids and bloster his coffers,
but Alrek may have different ideas seen as Rackieth is a renagade, plus his assignment is to eliminate any rogue druchii he encounters, with Rackieth being a sorcerer he is percieved as a threat to Malekith, he may use the alliance to get closer to the renegades and complete his mission, however Areon is unaware of his true agenda.

cheers,
Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

General: High Priest Gorgoneth

Gorgoneth is the self appointed living incarnation of Chroesh, the Serpent Lord, most glorious Aspect of Khaine. He is despised by Malekith and hates the Witch King just as much in return. He believes he has been sent by Malekith to retrieve the Nemesis Crown when in fact he has been sent to die, preferably in battle but at the hands of loyal Druchii if necessary. He wants nothing more than to continue the worship of his fell lord and return the Cult of Chroesh to its rightful place in Druchii society.

Gorgoneth and the Cult of Chroesh will fight alongside any Druchii factions willing to accept them, they just want to be loved... in a torturing worshipping poison and pain kind of way. Their first loyalty however is to each other, and they wiill eventually turn their murderous intent on anyone who does not bow to Chroeh. I'll leave it to you guys to decide whether your willing to fight with Gorgoneth or whether you want to hunt him down and take his head.
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Tor Thana will need a temple and Rackeith's very religious...

P.S also any help you could give Darkwater would be greatly appreciated

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

Then with promises of starting the cult afresh in Tor Thana ringing in his ears Gorgoneth shall swear loyalty to Rackeith (at least for now ;) ). Whether Rackeith has any intentions of keeping his promise only you can know... I'll get to work planning some fluff which I'll PM you for your approval Fingol.

How does Darkwater need help?
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Sorry dodgy punctuation I was responding to Darkwater's offer of help with background

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

I'll get to work planning some fluff which I'll PM you for your approval Fingol.

Looking forward to it :)
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Yo-dilly-he-ho.

I just found out the two subjects Tor Thana and the Talabec borders were different boards and since this is the UK one. But heck I wouldn't mind becoming apart of this fluff.

Here's what I've got in so far. The rests on paper.

Look here for background

And here's my General Ekiel Akie's information.

When Ekiel Akie was born, he was seperated from his Mother and kept alone with his Father. Not truelly knowing why, and being the oldest of his four siblings, it was maybe because his Mother was a slave of his Father and his Father wanted children without the need of love.

His Father believed that hatred made our people strong. Raising and training Ekiel with hatred around him, Ekiel became a short tempered Druchii that cared for no one, but his Father made sure that he was still had his mind intact and kept him loyal to him and Malekith, but hating High elves like all Druchii his Father ensured he hated them the most. Though there is little difference that Ekiel sees between High elves and all the other races, he believes it is weak just to hate one race when you could hate them all.

When a hundred years old, Ekiel admired the life of the corsairs, Especially when his Father brought him on a slave raiden expedition in the old world. Enjoying the life of the sea and enslaving the helpless. It was much to his taste that he wanted to become one, but his Father never allowed him the life of the sea, seeing as he wanted his son to stay on dry land and enjoy the life of treachery on land.

During Spring, his Father journeyed into the chaos wastes to find true power. But instead all his soldiers where killed that accompanied him and his Father saw the madness of chaos. He returned home alone with his mind slightly misplaced, but still sane. The temple of Khaine were suspecious of his new personailty that they trialled him to see if he had fallen to mutation and hersey. Luckily though he was found innocent.

Still being innocent though, Ekiel lived in Har Ganeth and so did his Father where the most loyalist of Khaine lived. And being just accused of hersey by the temple of khaine, caused the people of the city to distrust Ekiel's Father, that even some of his personal soldiers who were executioners were not as loyal. They said that his Father had not truelly betrayed, until after Ekiel's Grandmother died and Ekiel's Father was the first to find out of his mother's death.

With his Father's mind out of place from his expedition in the chaos waste, his form is now weak and the slightest enragement can draw huge amount of energy from him, making Ekiel's Father very delicate. Luckily though his Father his wealthy in slaves, Ekiel though struggles with power and the number of slaves.

Only a few allies and short-handed on slaves and low on warriors, Ekiel struggles in life. It is said that is Father did this to Ekiel's poor power. Some say because his Father was depressed and took his depression out on his own son, while some say it was to make Ekiel strife in life much harder so he would become stronger - if he survives the angish that is.

(Sorry if it's a little too much, just a little excited)
Last edited by Walrusm3 on Thu May 31, 2007 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sanity... is for the weak!
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

It looks like Ekiel could do with a clean start then.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Drainial Athalir is a 5000 year old worshiper of Tzeentch (Tzeentch extends his life far beyond that of an ordinary elf) who left the shores of Naggaroth when Naggarond was first founded, he has the utmost comtempt for Malikith and all who serve the mummys boy. Drainial is a power hungry, evil, cuning, manipulative lord of the Druchii. Just what you would expect from a Druchii worshipor of Tzeentch. Drainial is curantly happy to throw his suport behind Rackeith in the conquest of Tor Thana, for so long as it serves his purposes.

Kilith is the eldest son and heir of Drainial although he is still only 400 years old (Drainial's offspring keep making bids for the throne and dieing) He is aragant and power starved. He is a worshipor of Tzeentch but only pays lip service to the God.
Drainial offten allows Kiltih small comands but nothing that could possibly allow any sort of armed rebelion. Killth loves to exersise what ever power he has and once stabed an elf for sneezing without permission.

Girithion is the youngst son of Drainial, he was raised amoungst the shades of Har Atha (Drainials Black Ark) to tie these warriors closer to him. Girithion is a pataint hunter both in temprement and tacktics. He has been dispatched with a small force of Shades and Dark Riders to steal the Crown from benieth the very noses of the great powers of the Warhammer World. Girition is very cold and calculation but suprisingly loyal both to his father and to the Shadow Serpant Clan.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

Hi,

yh Rackieth has Areons support however distasteful it is to him (being loyalist) , as it helps him with his primary objectives and secures him a possible base in the old world.

seen as i have alot of time on me hands, if u guys want to PM me with descriptions of ur characters i may knock up some artwork/sketches of all of our generals meeting (sum sort of evil council?)

cheers,
Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

Wow, the forces of Rackeith are certainly swelling. Dare no one stand against us?!

Ekiel looks like he might be a loyalist.

I'll PM you some details Maelstrom, but if you have a quick skim of my first and second stories you might get a feel for it (check my sig, they're not too long!)
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

5 of us so far, it should be pretty good writing up fluff for this, doesnt matter if Ekiel is loyalist, Areon is loyalist to, but its in the character of dark elves to act for their own gain.

thanks for the descriptions Gooner.

cheers,
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Glad to have you on board Dranial, who is going to lead your army?

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Don't worry about weither Ekiel's a loyalist or not. He really doesn't care about Malekith or his Father. He's just been brought up to respect them. In Fluff Ekiel doesn't care of others loyalty to Malekith, he views his entire race the same thing, like most other druchii (I believes), he just does it for power and money and if someone else can give him power well then that's a different story. Ekiel is a desperate druchii who has been quiet a weak highborn (In money and power wise) until now.
Sanity... is for the weak!
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Any way if he trys to betray us I think one of us will manage to stick a knife in his back.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5