The Barren Hills (UK)

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

A Druchii stronghold in the middle of the Empire is major

Not that major, as it will be hard to reinforce, and is quite a way from well inhabited areas.

the Empire

are weak after SoC and have many more pressing threats to deal with.

Asur, the loyal Druchii

Both of which are mostly too far away to come in true force. And the Goon remark was just a joke, and not directed at anyone here. I only made it cos that raid on Egondorf got mentioned atop us, and I was still bitter about it.

and don't take Sabad's writings as gospl on our internal politics, Besides, just being ambasador does not make them more important.

Why would we want it?

As an insult to them, But I agree, it's a win win. for Naggaroth . However, simply withdrawing will make the Asur suspicious, and they might guess what you want.
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

I for one am still with Anubis, if Malekith wants something, he wants something and as a ruthless lord he is not up for suggestions. Taking Tor Thana will most likely seem pointless to him and that's what GW may write. I'm sticking with my focus and my raiding of slaves on Egondorf, so count me (And hopefully still Anubis) out of the attack on Tor Thana.
Sanity... is for the weak!
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

Absolutely Walrus. And just to add some legitimacy to what I have been saying, here is a quote from a post by Andy Hoare on Warvault:

As far as acknowledging story lines goes, I'm doing what I can with the time I have, but please consider that storylines that entirely ignore or go against what's already published are far harder (and less desirable) to integrate.

That seems pretty clear to me - particularly in light of the last update. It is time to pull our goals more into line with the published GW material. There is plenty of scope for interesting stories there and we are far more likely to get something out of it. Here is the link: http://www.warvault.net/nemesis/viewtopic.php?t=211
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

That would be a point, except for one thing. He's acknolaged us as attacking Tor Thana in the Week Three report. That means it is in line with GW. If he didn't like it, we would be ignored (like the heartstone was)
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

We were for the first and second weeks. Now we are being told to stop this Tor Thana plan. I think that means that they are not happy about it.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

1st and second weeks, there was too much going on. It was after second that the summery of our goals was put up on warvualt.

And, take a look at this. It's the "warning" the VC got.

As successful as Waldikir has been in his scheme to establish dominance over the gravesites of the Great Forest , his mind has been disturbed by whispers of treachery, audible only at the very edge of his far-hearing senses. For Waldikir has recruited or coerced many of his kin to join his course, yet now, he senses, they plot against him.

Reclined upon his dusty throne, Waldikir chuckles with the menace of eons, for he has defeated many such a plot in his unnaturally long lifetime. That the younger vampires would even consider themselves capable of outmanoeuvring such as he is of great amusement to him. But when Rahtep's dark mirth passes, then should the conspirators tremble, for the wrath of a vampire as puissant as he is such that his enemies will be turned to dust at his very gaze…

Notice the similarities? They have continued with their objective, and it is working. They have gotten more mentions since. I think that we should follow their example.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

And it means Malekith is unhappy about it. cos of all the rebels present. GW's attatude is probably diferent.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

also, A paragraph, in a generic report covering all reigons and races, is an accomplishment. I say this is encouragement.
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

I still disagree. The Vampire plot is entirely different to ours - they are not seeking to establish a new stronghold that would change the balance of power, just to overthrow a scheming Necrarch created especially for this campaign and who GW are unlikely to be particularly attached to when all is said and done (and there is still no guarantee that they will succeed). From my personal point of view (IC), there is also no reason to work with rebels, vampires and Chaos worshippers any longer.

As I've said, I have had doubts about this for over a week now, and this has crystalised them. It seems that there are two options for people to follow. Stay with Tilmann, Fingol23 and carry on a futile attempt to take Tor Thana which is never going to be ours (due to our relatively low position in the scores, as well as the background and all the other reasons noted above), or try something more in line with the Druchii background and our king's orders as well as being infinitely more likely. I look forward to seeing the loyalists in Egondorf.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

I still disagree. The Vampire plot is entirely different to ours - they are not seeking to establish a new stronghold that would change the balance of power, just to overthrow a scheming Necrarch created especially for this campaign and who GW are unlikely to be particularly attached to when all is said and done (and there is still no guarantee that they will succeed).

You miss my point. You're too obsesed on Tor Thana "Changing" the balance of power to argue well (It dosn't, for all the reasons outlined above) . The point is, they were also "Discouraged" in a report, but persisted, and are now in. We can do the same.

As I've said, I have had doubts about this for over a week now, and this has crystalised them. It seems that there are two options for people to follow. Stay with Tilmann, Fingol23 and carry on a futile attempt to take Tor Thana which is never going to be ours (due to our relatively low position in the scores, as well as the background and all the other reasons noted above), or try something more in line with the Druchii background and our king's orders as well as being infinitely more likely. I look forward to seeing the loyalists in Egondorf.

Please, don't bother. Tor Thana is not out of line wirh Druchii backround in any way, the scores will effect any objective we try (and we are currently actually doing better), and giving up now is foolhearty, especially after so strong a mention
Last edited by Tilmann spyri on Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

On a brighter note

The Barren Hills
Reports of the presence of Skaven spies in the great forest begin to filter in to the armies of the other races in this region, and rumours of an alliance being struck with the Druchii assaulting Tor Thana continue to abound. This is seemingly backed up by reports of two major Clans, namely Virulus and Vexzkar, marching from the Middenheim area; their aim could well be the Elven City, though this is of course pure conjecture.

From UE's report.
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

You miss my point. Youre too obsesed on Tor Thana "Changing" the balance of power to argue well (It dosn't, for all the reasons outlined above) . The point is, they were lso "Discouraged" in a report, but persisted, and are now in. We can do the same.

And you are missing mine. Aside from changes to the setting (which is why I think no one will be holding Tor Thana when the dust settles, except maybe the Empire) there is a fundemental difference between the VC plot and ours. Theirs is (so far as I can tell from what you have said) purely internal. No other race is affected by it. Yours, on the other hand, would require them to ignore the High Elf plot, which was also mentioned, as well as being fundementally different from the original goals assigned to us.

Please, don't bother. Tor Thana is not out of line wirh Druchii backround in any way, the scores will effect any objective we try (and we are currently actually doing better), and giving up now is foolhearty, especially after so strong a mention

Alright. How does taking Tor Thana help us to defeat the Asur, which is the primary Druchii goal? Or, a little more current, how does it help us fulfil the orders given by the Witch King for this campaign? It doesn't. Simple as that.

As for the scores, that is entirely true. However, I would expect that we are far more likely to be successful with a less ambitious goal. Why? Because we would not be operating in direct opposition to every army in the area. Anyway. Everyone must make up their own minds on the matter.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Yours, on the other hand, would require them to ignore the High Elf plot,

No. It requires us to beet them so ours can be implemented, and they can fail. It dosn't require them to be ignored. The HE plot is no more a divergance than ours.

Or, a little more current, how does it help us fulfil the orders given by the Witch King for this campaign?

Lord Khalik already answerd this one. A raiding base in the old world will spread discord amoung all the races present. To do so is one of the goals Malekith asigned us. He also said, "muck up the Asur plans". Where can we do that better than at Tor Thana?

you cold even pull a "War of the Beard" and dress as Asur whirlst raiding, resulting in discontent between Ulluthan and Altdorf.
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

I think this has reach the point where we agree to disagree. If anyone other than WalrusM3 or myself wishes to join us, I suggest that we set up another thread and decide on our own plans.

Finally, I just want to quote Fingol Darkwater:

GW fluff rule #1- High Elves always beat Dark Elves, even when Dark Elves are #5 overall and High Elves are #7.

Good luck with that.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Yeah, we're more or less at a deadlock. Are you on warseer as MadDoc by the way? You remind me of him.

But even if the HE win this time; they loose, for the reasons you outlined. And we have a contingancy plan for the last week, courtacy of Giladis. ;)

(I'll go into more detail then, if it looks like we're failing)
Tacitus
Cold One Knight

Post by Tacitus »

Personally so long as we actually perform better within the campaign I couldn't care less about this internal bickering over what would seem to be simple things. On the other hand each person should be entitled to choose what they want to do, although 'jumping ship' at the first sign of trouble is hardly impressive.

On a brighter note - I got my original account back ( !eek! ) as it seems to have re-appeared, the only problem being I now have 2 identical armies on the Barren Hills Druchii top 10.
- The Black Host (Druchii) - 47/17/5
- Shamblin' Horde (VC) - 9/2/2

Working on - 10k of Druchii (Done) / 3k of Vampires (250 left to go) / 12k of Tau (Done)
Lordanubis
Dark Rider

Post by Lordanubis »

No, as far as I remember I am on Warseer as LordAnubis if at all. Don't think I've ever posted there although I have certainly read some of the threads.
Giladis
Corsair

Post by Giladis »

And we have a contingancy plan for the last week, courtacy of Giladis. ;)

Please keep me posted on that one :P
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

Could someone PM me this plan please. I would just like to point out that there are several reasons for staying at Tor Thana for one if Malkeith did declare war on us then you are in a perfect position to capture us and claim the reward. Second what would he say if you abandonded an entire city to the asur without a fight.
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

That was my contingency plan anyway :D. If this went badly i was going to deliver you guys to Malekith. This would give Kaihlik enough political power to survive the failure of the raid. He would prefer the rewards if it worked though.
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

I will remember that Kaihlik
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

Well we have to have an ending if everything goes poorly which with current results is all too likely. Considering I am loyalist it was hardly surprising. I never said that I would be successful. If we could work out a way for giving prevolance for certain players goals in the end (perhaps based on the leaderboard :roll:) e.g the people at the top of the leaderboard get what they want when writing the story and WalrusM3's character dies a brutal death (joke).
Lord malek
Beastmaster

Post by Lord malek »

O.k as i see it if we split then we just make things worse.

I can see both points of argument Lordanubis mayb right that they could just ignore us and we would have more luck doing well if we follow the raid and pillage thing... However I do like the idea of trying to create a base in the old world I mean it would be hard but if we can gain enough support from allies and get enough druchii playing and winning then GW can NOT ignore us ( well mayb they just will...)

But if we take this route we need to be clever and play into the GW fluff. Which means getting Malekith on side. Lord Raihlik Rashia could send an envoy or message to Malekith pledging Tor Thana as a gift to him and explaining that a strong base would distract the Asur from their goals aswell as furthring the Druchii empire win win.

If we fail well then our lives are forfit but hey who said being Druchii was easy??

To further the impact we could get a base message made up which EVERYONE will post in their battle as the message is passed and ran to the Arks and back to Malekith.

If im talking faff lol then just tell me. But being Loyalist then I will follow LordAnubis
Sa'an'ishar
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

I was thinking along those lines as well steveb and I think I posted something like that earlier on.

The problem being that I need the support of the others that make up the council i.e Rackieth(Fingol23), Lisa von Kahajen(Tilmann), Drainial Shadowheart, Areon Fellblade(Maelstrom) and Gorgoneth(gooner) if he is still around.

I would have included Tacitus in that as well as he has most victories but I am unsure about his background (you havn't written any fluff) even though he has more battles that everyone else combined (now he has his old account back, which is good to hear).
Lord malek
Beastmaster

Post by Lord malek »

Well I won't be playing any games till the weekend so mayb we still have time to swing them around?

I assume you are in contact with these players? if not if anyone can get in contact with them? (apart from the obvious lol) :roll:

Personally I would like to follow the Tor Thana route I just think it gives us a better plot line rather than the whole slave thing...
Sa'an'ishar