Druchii Goals for the Campaign + Poll

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Are you in favor of a fluff alliance with the Orcs and Goblins?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:03 am

yes
78%
no
22%

Total votes: 51

Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Druchii Goals for the Campaign + Poll

Post by Fingol darkwater »

First thing's first
Do you want to enter into a fluff alliance with the good people of Da Warpath? Here's a good idea of what a fluff alliance is:

Arfa of Da Warpath wrote:Regardless of who actually wins this campaign we can all be small winners in the fact that we can get ourselves and the online community in general recognised, and our fluff published. After all whilst the Skaven are mentioning Jim [...The purple gyrocopter pilot...] flying over them as they go to charge a Dwarven force, the Dwarves will be reporting that not only was Jim flying over, but the great gigantic seven-headed Rat Ogre Hydra thing was coming towards them. In the next battle that that particular Skaven army (or sector, as it may be) comes into battle against, say, a Wood Elf army, the Wood Elves might mention the giant rat ogre hydra thing, and the mighty hero 'pointy eared git' managed to sever one of its heads before escapign as another grew in its place. Should that wood elf player then play a Dwarf player, they can mention Jim flying over and the Dwarves can mention the 'pointy eared git' being the leader the army/warband of wood elves.

I'm personally in favor of a fluff alliance. I believe it would make things more interesting for us and would introduce a new idea to warhammer (ie. we don't always have to ally with Chaos in major conflicts :roll: ). The poll will run for five days. When you vote, please voice a reason for your decision.

Other business
Well it's quite obvious that we haven't really formed anything coherant yet. We've got a good start, but other communities are far ahead of us in this department so let's get down to business. What do we want to accomplish? Why the hell are we setting sail and investing all of this time and energy into running around the old world looking for wonky headwear? It's time to find out. It would be nice if we could come up with goals we could all work towards in this treasure hunt.

Overall Goals of the Cold-Hearted Kindred
yet to be decided

Specific Region Goals

The Draken Downs- Italy
Here's the official website for this location. Let's try to make something of it.

The Drakwald Deeps- Spain
Official site. Those hag trees sound promising

The Reik's Marches- Canada
Blame Canada... They get to fight near Altdorf

The Howling Heightss- Northern Europe
Official Website. The villagers here sound like easy pickings

The Raeuberthal - Germany
Official website. Maybe we'd want to take advantage of the unruly bandits in this area?

The Great Confluence- Australia/it's neighbor
Click

The Talabec Borders- USA
Click. So far we've decided to check out the monolith and the stone of blood.

The Barren Hills- Uk
Tor Thana land. I believe there's already been discussion about taking that old fortress, but see if you can't flush it out a little more. Just from glancing at the map, I see a location where you could round up some giants. Haul those suckers back to Karond Kar and you could make yourselves a tidy bundle.

The Taalferd Lowlands- France
Click. Not sure what there is to do in this area...
Last edited by Fingol darkwater on Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

My own thoughts
I think we should keep things short and sweet. No long list of fluff goals, just general guidlines in which individual players can interpret. For example- in my fluff, the Witch King himself gave my character an order to bring a list of fugitives to justice in any way he could. This is just vague enough to allow me to do almost anything I want. Hell, I'd probably be able to work it so Crazen ascends to daemonhood so he'd be able to round up the fugitives.

So as far as fluff goals are concerned, I say we should keep them general and have as few as possible. The Druchii are here to take advantage of situations presented, so let's make goals to reflect that.

1. Get the crown- 'nuff said. Obviously we may not have a real opening right away to take the thing, so let's see if we can make one. Maybe we'd like to ride the Green Tide to the crown's location?

2. Thwart the false-elves. Some elves wear black, some wear green, and some wear white. We know who the true kindred are, so let's mess with the plans of the other ones :twisted: Finubar sends Teclis to deal with the undead problem, so let's find some locations with enough ley-energies to make the undead even more of a nuisance... that sort of thing.

3. Don't screw up. Failure here means a failure in Naggaroth, and that may mean a swift visit from the assasins. To insure that we don't lose in this war, we need to raid the hell out of our battle zones and nab all of the magical artifacts we can find. Tor Thana is the big prize and I've got my sights set on Vragthar's Monolith.

Any other thoughts?

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

wow your first post can really help people, very well done.
I voted yes on the alliance and i agree with you with using the Orcs and Goblins to our advantage. Though this will deifnitly will be fluff and it will only be for this campaign. My thoughts exactly on all your points. THough here are a few of mine that has been worked off from yours.

1. We have a slim chance of getting this crown, but with the green tides help, we have a much better chance of obtaining it. Thats why we should take the chance to try to plunder all the items we can get from this campaign and bring back as many slaves as your pockets can hold.

2. Make it much harder upon the elves or anything else in our way. But above all if there are some High Elves and Beastmen, we should try to counter the High Elves first. dividing up Orc forces with a bit of our help can come to a big surprise to our opponents.

3. Yes if you screw up on a certain battle, or you see a hint of you going to lose. Try to make it as close as possible to a draw or even a minor victory.

Me? I have my eye's on Benedict's Retreat and the Green Heart. Benedict's retreat rumours to have a hell of alot of gold and magic items of the old ones stolen from the empire.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Me? I have my eye's on Benedict's Retreat and the Green Heart. Benedict's retreat rumours to have a hell of alot of gold and magic items of the old ones stolen from the empire.

Right on. All the magic items you can grab the better.

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

I for one am still against this fluff alliance overall. The thought makes my spine tingle with sickness (No offence greenskin). For one us Druchii maybe manipulative, but heck I doubt the orcs would fall for our cunning.

Also remember that the orcs are being led by old Grimgor Ironhide. One quote a dwarf player gave me is 'Da more allies we have, less enemies we haz' this maybe a fluff alliance, but that was fluff facts. Like sure I don't mind the idea of allying with 1 or 2 orc warbosses but I seriously doubt allying with a dozen orcs.

A few players were jumped by how this site is even think to ally with greenskin. Like they find chaos dwarfs and greenskin going together is bad enough... But Druchii and Greenskin. Two races who are opposite, I wonder what the goblins are saying. Sure they might not having a saying at all, but they'll sure be complain to one another about our perfume.

Also if you don't mind me saying Fingol Darkwater you are a rouge dark elf, fair enough that you'd go hanging with them bunch. But ones who stick side by side Malekith, I doubt the Witch King would be interested in getting ourselves caught up in Greenskin affairs, he just wants us to loot and sack while them Greenskin are fighting the Empire. Sure convincing the Greenskin to distract them humans already, but - isn't that what they're doing right now. High elves same story but if they caught drift of us allying with the orcs they'd know we'd be wanting them to fight the orcs and try and get around them.

So there's my points and I feel their pretty decent.
Sanity... is for the weak!
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

May I also add that, so far the only one wanting the greenskin are a bunch of rouge druchii. All chaos worshippers and male sorcerers if I might add. Like I am being of no offence here, I'm not saying you don't have a saying, but most of you are pretty much non-loyalists so my idea would just to you non-loyalists to Malekith can make your own fluff alliance or something.

And I've also had look at Da Warpath and I'm annoyed how orcs get to vote in this. They maybe involved but this is a druchii matter, to see if we druchii want their alliance why should they vote for us. Like I'm getting pretty annoyed at this fact. I'm already annoyed how this is brought up again when it was brought back down a moment ago.

Like I maybe not minding getting attention from GW, but with all these orc players coming in and fluff alliances I don't want them to get Druchii&Orc.net, I just want plain druchii. Like it's alright to have a bunch of orc players on this site, but eventually the two sites will join together and I for one don't want that!
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Since when was I rogue? I've always been a loyalist, that won't ever change. :?

And I've also had look at Da Warpath and I'm annoyed how orcs get to vote in this

It's the Druchii.net community who gets to vote. That means anyone who's registered can either click yes or no. That also means that a high elf player could come out of the blue and click whatever button they choose if it fancies them. Just the way it is and I can't really do anything about that.

I'm already annoyed how this is brought up again when it was brought back down a moment ago.

It wasn't shot down, it was only left inconclusive because we didn't have a poll to see how the community truly stood on the issue. From what I remember, it was about half-and-half.

Like I maybe not minding getting attention from GW, but with all these orc players coming in and fluff alliances I don't want them to get Druchii&Orc.net, I just want plain druchii. Like it's alright to have a bunch of orc players on this site, but eventually the two sites will join together and I for one don't want that!

:? Probably the wierdest sentiment I've read all day, but I think I know what you're getting at. Personally I enjoy intersite relationships, but you're never going to profoundly change a community just because you get a few new members. Druchii.net has over 1000 registered posters, how many of them do you think play dark elves exclusively?

Like they find chaos dwarfs and greenskin going together is bad enough... But Druchii and Greenskin

What's so strange about the chaos dwarfs registering their battles as greenskins? Half of their armies are composed of greenskins. Who was so shocked about their alliance? I admit I was a little suprised they didn't just go with Chaos, but greenskins made sense for them.

Now in reply to the rest of your points, we're moving into the realm of opinion here, so just hear me out. I've read what you posted and I get the feeling that you aren't in favor of a fluff alliance simply because you don't like the idea of collaborating with participants from a different community who play a different race. From what I've gathered, you don't like the idea because you don't like the greenskins very much and you can't see why the Druchii would be involved with them at all.

IMHO, that's just limited thinking. The Druchii pride themselves in being the most civilized race in the world because they have more ways to kill than any other. Reaching just below the surface, this idea tells us that they can think of ways to murder you without even lifting a sword. I'm not sure why you think the Witch King would frown upon manipulating the lesser races. After all, he's done it many, many times in the past himself. He tricked the Dawi into attacking the high elves and he had Nagash tutored in dark magic, ruining the lives of countless people. Also, just to make sure you understand- a fluff alliance would be nothing like this:

Dark Elf: "I say, it looks like that village over there houses a great many Empire knights. You boyz should go fight them."

Orc: "OH YA! Poity ear sayz we go FIGHT!"

We wouldn't even need to have our generals talking to each other. In fact, you could write in your Battle Reports how many greenskins you slaughtered that day. Personally, I'm just going to acknowledge their individual characters should the community decide to have this fluff alliance..

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Alright so ya've got a few points and yes some of us as I know don't all collect druchii, but we shouldn't be encourage it. We might as well change the banner saying all other races come here.

Right now I find it offensive you say I hate Greenskin (I use to collect 40K and I was the most favoured opponenet when I use them), it's like saying I hate myself, me and them orcs have a few things in common. I route for the orcs to be on our site, but it wouldn't be the orc thing (Yes I am saying the Da Warpath aren't be orcs right now)

Yeah Malekith did that but it was his plot, if others did it, he would might think he's trying to take control of his lot and so far it's the rouges of this site taking it into their hands. And besides being a former orc player aren't that dumb and why run to a village while a good opponent is standing next to him pointing.

Why should we have to be the ones to fight on our own when most of us will perhaps be loyalists, as I've said so far most the ones fighting along side the orcs are the non-loyalists, so I say all the non-loyalists fight for orcs and the rest of us fight for the loyalists.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Right now I find it offensive you say I hate Greenskin

Just the impression I got, no harm done.

And besides being a former orc player aren't that dumb and why run to a village while a good opponent is standing next to him pointing.

That's the point. I was illustrating how such a set up wouldn't work ;) Rather we'd need to be more creative.

In any case, you're free to do what you please. Actually, I think it would be interesting to reflect our different views in our fluff. Maybe your character could condemn the actions of having anything to do with the lesser races, even though one of them is a straight-up loyalist ;)

He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

No temper harm done, I was being in a sarcastic and kidding way away the hate Greenskin thing.

Then why make it official that, why not just keep in your own fluffs, why everyone elses and make it a big alliance sort thing. The reason why I hate this whole thing is because you think the whole site is in on it, like look at the votes, three people are against it and why because they maybe don't like that your saying the site is. So far it's only five of you so why don't you five just go to the orc site and keep it there.

I might as well if we are being forced to those who do not wish to ally with the orcs.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Well you don't have to fight with the Orcs, you can stay as far away from them, but a few house holds are going to be fighting allied for the time being with the Orcs. Im sure after this Campaign, all can go back to using them as boots and what not.

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Yeah so why not now. Why not just forget about our alliance with the orcs. I have plenty of orc players to fight (And most likely lose to some times) so why not those house holds ally with them without treating it as an official site thing, why not divide them into some sort of group that wants to ally with the orcs and so the rest of us don't get treated like we've allied with them.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Why forget about the alliance? Because if we don't have an allaince with a strong side (The orcs) then we have pretty much lost alot of our chance at the Nemesis crown. It's up to the household if they want to ally with the Orcs. And only the Houses that are allied with the Orcs will be reconized as allied with the Orcs. If a few households ally with them, then it doesn't mean that the rest of the druchii who are not allied or who do not want to allie with them are treated like they are for this whole thing. Plus this whole site isn't for the alliance, but a few people are, and those certain people will incude them as being allied in their reports. Fluff or not. If you don't want to be allied with them, people won't say you are for it's a household alliance not a race alliance.

Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Okay I seem a little confused here. Are we debating about a fluff alliance or not? Because I was just going at it with Fingol Darkwater (kindly and still calm sort of discussion) and now I'm going on about it in the actually table-top board game, which is it?

I was saying that the household could ally, but stop treating it as the whole site. Encouraging the lot that do into their own little group, not the whole site. Like I know as well as an orc that I can't stop you lot that do want to ally with them, but I do not like some of you going over to Da Warpath and saying 'Us druchii and Orcs are allies now!"(Sorry if that sound offensive).

Like I said those who do want to ally have their own little group, where they can stop acting like the who sites on it.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

whoa...Table Top alliance is a bit far there...no i am not talking about table top alliance, for that kinda goes against the grain. This alliance thing is strictly Fluff wise i would think. And i have certainly not gone over to Da Warpath and started saying we are allied. And the people who have i would say are going a bit over board.
I don't think Fingol ment that the whole site has to allie or has allied. the main point of this topic was to see the people who were in favor of the alliance, and the people who are not. Plus the rest of this topic is about Fingol stating his views of the matter and what the people shoudl try to do who support the alliance. It is only his thoughts and his opinion. If you do not support the alliance you can post here saying that you do not support it and what you are going to do throughout the campign to help us all in obtaining a few more magic items.

Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Well if that's true, I suggest Fingol shouldn't say things like this 'those at Druchii.net who are actually involved seem like they wouldn't mind this fluff alliance'. Almost half the voters disagree, it may be 4 out 9 but heck that's still plenty that are not happy thinking we are allied with the orcs, because people like Fingol are treating it like such a big deal as though we were allies. I am an example of my thoughts of this alliance. So like I suggested (And no aggression) don't go around say stuff like D.net are happy and making all these deals.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

See, only the higher's of the site of D.Net could make an alliance with the Orcs and i agree with you the poeple who keep going over saying there allied, they gotta carm down for the orcs know and we know that it isn't really an alliance. Plus I don't see where fingol says 'those at Druchii.net who are actually involved seem like they wouldn't mind this fluff alliance'. But if he has and i have missed it he would of ment by in other posts around the site people have shown a greater interest with making an ally with the Orcs and there hasn't been as much of a word of people disagreeing, there has been of course but not as many as the poeple who are for it. Fingol is basing this whole topic on other posts which he has read, which say that they support the greenskin alliance and the ideas for what we should do with this alliance.

Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

Correct me if I am wrong but it won't actually mean we are fighting on the same team just that we will keep the fluff between us and the orcs consistant so we don't end up saying warboss whatever was killed by our new super mutant hydra while the orc player reports that his warboss was laid low by a bolt thrower and the hydra was ripped apart by black orcs.

If this is correct I can't see any disadvantage because all it means is that our fluff is more widely and consistantly reported.

Whoa! I have just relaised Darkwater says I am in charge of the attack on possiably our most important goal in the Nemesis crown.
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Well I am in favor of a fluff alliance for a few reasons, first and most importantly I want the Druchii to make GW to sit up and take some notise of us, if that meens alling with the green skins then OK.

Second I for one like the idea of riding the Green Tide as Fingol put it, we are not major players in this acording to GW and certainly Druchii net is not so stired up about it as Da Warpath is, if we can use the green skins to achieve our objectives in the fluff then maybe GW will make it official thus linking back to point one.

Oh and Khelmor you didn't read when Fingol said that because he said it on Da Warpath.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

I’m in favour of the fluff alliance.
I’m still going to fight them and report the battle’s, but I will also be writing about their warboss’s. After all, the guy that just bashed you into the ground must have a name, right? :lol:

As for the goals I have no creative ideas. I’m in northern Europe so I guess I will just be raiding empire villages.
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Oldone
Dark Rider

Post by Oldone »

The main consistent character in my army is actually a low level sorceress with a few troops who just happens to be good at manipulating highborn into furthering her goals/joining in with nobles and their armies when their objectives help her further her own...

Having talked her way into a strong raiding party heading for Tor Thana she's planning on using the same skills on the greenskins when the opportunity presents... and then leaving the dumb brutes facing the Empire gunline while she takes the loot "somewhere safe" :twisted: !

I'm in favour of the fluff alliance - anything that gets the Druchii profile up has got to be good, and a nominal non-aggression pact can only help us. Let's ride that green tide and steal what we want.
You need to get out more.
Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

I'm in favour of a fluff alliance, I see no harm in it at all. I shall slaughter greenskins (or more likely be slaughtered by greenskins!) regardless when the time comes but I'm more than happy to promote their fluff goals as long as they're compatible with mine/ours.

Personally I shall be fighting over the ruins of Tor Thana. With Fingol 23rds permission High Priest Gorgoneth, having dicovered Malekith's treachery in sending him to his death, will be fighting for Rackeith and his rogue faction. It is his hope to establish the Cult of Chroesh as the foremost khainite temple in the new Druchii stronghold.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Thanks Drainial for that, I don't useally check out the Da Warpath. Guess i better now then. Im still for the alliance, though alot of things can go wrong. For Dwarves men and HE could team up for all we know. Or the greenskins get unlucky and this whole campaign could be a disaster for them, so we gotta make sure we clean up after the Orcs help them out intil the end when we pry the crown from there green fingers.

Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

Incidentally would it be sacrilege to suggest that we have as much chance of ending up with the crown as the Halflings (no disrespect meant to Halflings, the Hot Pot was one of the greatest war machines ever)? GW will never allow an evil army to carry off such a powerful item, and we're not even in the mix of main armies. I honestly think that without this fluff alliance we may be entirely forgotten, unless we in the UK can kick up enough of a fuss over Tor Thana.

Just my opinion...
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

I say: Yes, with the help of the Green Horde we would be able to achieve at least something during this campaign, if we go only by ourselves we will be completely trampled under the feet of the races that are in bigger roles (figuratively speaking in the case of Dwarfs) As a Corsair I am in favour of raid to Benedict's Retreat (the word "gold" caught my ear)

I'm in favour of the alliance.