Dark Elf Fluff, Objectives and Personal Fluff

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Dark Elf Fluff, Objectives and Personal Fluff

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Alright, I'd first like to say that I'm very, very pleased with the recent surge of campaign fluff. I'd also like to say that for the record, just because you don't get many comments doesn't mean that people aren't reading and enjoying your writing.

Speaking of allowing others to read what you've written, a fluff coordination webring has recently become public. This place was created so that participants from all of the major race specific sites can get together in one neutral setting to coordinate their fluff for the campaign. This isn't a hub where planning and brainstorming will take place, we have good old Castle Kitrik for that ;) , but we can show our stuff on this website and pick up new ideas.

I've tested the waters here and it seems like a good idea. So if you'd like some new feedback, or would like to assist in the fluff coordination, head on over to The Warvault Neutral Site.

Now for the discussion on the overall objectives. All comments are welcome and encouraged.

Here's what I posted in the other thread before we forgot about fluff objectives and started focusing on the greenies.

My own thoughts
I think we should keep things short and sweet. No long list of fluff goals, just general guidlines in which individual players can interpret. For example- in my fluff, the Witch King himself gave my character an order to bring a list of fugitives to justice in any way he could. This is just vague enough to allow me to do almost anything I want. Hell, I'd probably be able to work it so Crazen ascends to daemonhood so he'd be able to round up the fugitives.

So as far as fluff goals are concerned, I say we should keep them general and have as few as possible. The Druchii are here to take advantage of situations presented, so let's make goals to reflect that.

1. Get the crown- 'nuff said. Obviously we may not have a real opening right away to take the thing, so let's see if we can make one. Maybe we'd like to ride the Green Tide to the crown's location?

2. Thwart the false-elves. Some elves wear black, some wear green, and some wear white. We know who the true kindred are, so let's mess with the plans of the other ones Finubar sends Teclis to deal with the undead problem, so let's find some locations with enough ley-energies to make the undead even more of a nuisance... that sort of thing.

3. Don't screw up. Failure here means a failure in Naggaroth, and that may mean a swift visit from the assasins. To insure that we don't lose in this war, we need to raid the hell out of our battle zones and nab all of the magical artifacts we can find. Tor Thana is the big prize and I've got my sights set on Vragthar's Monolith.

Any other thoughts?
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Morvai
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Morvai »

4. Raid them dry. Get as much profit out of this little war as we can, be it from magic items, slaves or just gold. Make sure you have lots of it when you return to Naggaroth.

I have plans to combine goal 2 and 4 in the Howling Heights.
We raid the Temple of the Fallen, stealing every valuable artefact before we leave. Just before we leave we do some big magic yadda yadda together with the chaos dwarf and make the already restless spirits even more alive and kicking.
If that doesn’t mess with the asurs plans (who want the temple as a base for their operations in mandredsfeld) then I don’t know what will.
Masters of Mischief (NC background)
The Black Blades (DE). W: 2 D: 2 L: 1
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Conqour Tor Thana and raise an army of spirit hosts from the guys floating armournd there (or use them for some thing more imaginative)

P.S I would join in on the War vault but I dont have an e-mail adress at the moment, am working on the problem.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Benedicts retreat, will steal the treasure of the old ones and will farm the treasure in the green heart. This counts to EVERYBODY now. We have slim chance of obtaining crown but it is certainly not far off. We gotta try to snag as many magic items we can. Cmon people! lets plunder the world like its never been plundered!
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite