Dark times, Nemesis crown Fluff. LONG.

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Sure. As you may have guessed, I've assumed Drainial knows that Vampires oppose Chaos, but that the other two don't (as it's quite obscure knowladge.)
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

I would like to know how you and Drainial want this put in the compilation since Drainial has written up the same story from a different point of view. I'm not sure if I should put in the conversation twice or pick one. Maybe the two of you could find away to combine the two versions into 1. I will put Tillmanns in atm simply because it is longer but please let me know what the two of you want.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Put in Darinel's and then Gooners, if he writes one, and then mine. Shows the same scene from several points of view.

That's what I thaught we were going to do.
Flameseeker574
Dark Rider

Post by Flameseeker574 »

great fluff,I was wondering what i should do to introduce Malice to the story? I was thinking that he would be sailing around the forest raiding and looking for rakeith when he stumble upon the camp. then he would come ashore and demand a meeting with him. what do you think?
Step 1: Find a High Elf
Step 2: Find a preferably sharp object
Step 3: ???
Step 4: 3 Pieces!

my characters
rules
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=609716#609716
fluff
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=50387
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Sure. We've got so many warlords kicking about now, it's quite raesonable to supose you wouldn't encounter them all at once.
Flameseeker574
Dark Rider

Post by Flameseeker574 »

Tilmann Spyri wrote:Sure. We've got so many warlords kicking about now, it's quite raesonable to supose you wouldn't encounter them all at once.

ok im currently writing up some pre discovering the camp fluff I added a part where malice sees Lisa and the necro walking thru the forest and wonders where or not to ambush them( he decides not to because if he did he'd get owned)
ill have it up in a day or two mabey
Step 1: Find a High Elf
Step 2: Find a preferably sharp object
Step 3: ???
Step 4: 3 Pieces!

my characters
rules
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=609716#609716
fluff
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=50387
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Heh. Thanks. :D
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Either post all of them or just Tilmann's, that one explains it more fully and besides Tilmann came up with it first (that said I am on the use both of them team)
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

Could you wait until Maelstrom and I have encountered the group first. It is just that for the compilation it would make it easier if we didn't meet another new character until we have the current ones in place (there is already alot of characters and I have found it easier to learn who each one is when they all get together). Since your character hasn't been mentioned yet it doesn't make much of a difference when he turns up.

Tillmann feel free to contradict me on this. You are a much better writer than me, I just felt that we should get to know existing characters before writing in new ones.

Also I have the existing stories in a rough order (still some bits I want to change and I havn't added that conversation from drainials point of view yet) and was wondering if you wanted to see it as is. It would be good to know what you think needs changing and also if you could suggest filler text. Some bits im hoping are filled by Fingol23 when he writed his.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

No contredictions, thanks for the catch, didn't make that clear.

Feel free to send me the compilation as it stands, I'm at bronallen(/at\)waitrose.com .I'd like a look.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Ok, Not much point in a preview, when the full thing is just below.
Last edited by Tilmann spyri on Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

Which sorceress?
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

All of the ones under Rackeith's command. Sorceresses’ , both plural, and possessive.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I hope that he is one powerful necromancer if he wants to aviod a very very horible death.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

No, but he won't need to be. If anything, this scene is going to be a tad comic if anything. It'll become clear when you see the full thing.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Chapter 5, Shadow meets Shadow

Tillmann Spyri strode thru the dark elven encampment, struggling to keep pace with his elegant and far faster guide. Even though she wore armour, and he did not, he had to keep up a brisk pace to stay anywhere near the woman. He was intrigued, however, by the camp. He had fought besides the dead before, but he knew little of what the camp of a living army was like. He was notably surprised, as he passed what seemed to be a bar of some kind. A bar? In a camp? But every new turn brought a fresh surprise.

Kilana was puzzled by the stranger she was accompanying. She had seen the lady knight’s actions outside the camp, (though much to her regret, she could not hear what passed between her, and old Kazakha). If this one was anything like her, he was a powerful individual, and yet… he seemed as though he’d never been anywhere near an army camp in his life. How could anyone, supposedly worthy enough to ally with the glorious Druchii know nothing of war?

The Dark Elven soldier made up her mind. A little test was in order. She changed her course slightly. Her companion failed to notice the new direction they were taking. It wasn’t long before they stopped outside a notably bigger tent. It was clearly illuminated within, but it was still hard to tell what it was from outside

“The armies joining us have stretched our supply lines. I’m afraid you’ll have to do the best you can in here.” The executioner’s aid told the green cloaked man, who smiled, and replied.

“No matter. I am accustomed to sleeping in rough conditions” And without another word, he went thru the tent flap. There was immediately a cry of surprise. His companion made herself scarce pretty quickly.

As she left, Kilana wondered for a moment how the stranger would fare in the Sorceresses’ tent.

Diana, daughter of Rackeith was tired. It had been a long day, and the Sorceresses had to work as hard as was possible ever since they pitched camp. Her father had commanded them to try and work out any sort of mystic advantage for the coming battles.

“Anything may be vital. The slightest advantage may well turn the tide. I would aid you, but” She remembered his spiting on the ground with some amusement “I have to try and hold this little group together.”

The sorceress sighed. She alone had been left in this work tent, from which she had rarely exited for days, whilst the other enchantresses under the Exile Lord had departed to their own tents; with their playthings from the ranks in toe. It was simply not fair!

At the last thought, she punched the well-carved, dark-wood table, and then rose. She started to pace round the room, taking long elegant strides. She was the daughter of the commander of this force, not to mention one of the most talented and beautiful of the users of Dhar and yet, instead of being given superior treatment, or even equal rights, she was forced to work endlessly in this damnable tent, whilst her “contemporaries” relaxed in luxury. And why? Because she was the youngest, and “least experienced”. Hah! She’d like to see…

As her lithe form reached the tent flap though, she ended up stopping dead in her tracks. Some sort of cloaked slave had just come thru, with no one accompanying him, and no apparent explanation. This meaningless happening was the last straw. With an exclamation of anger and bewilderment, the beautiful sorceress brought forth a bolt of ebony, pulsating Dhar from the winds, and hurled it at the slave.

With a cry of surprise… the cloaked human brought up a shield. A jet-black shield, also obviously made of Dhar. The furious attack of the sorceress was dispersed easily, breaking upon it, like water upon rock.

Diana stared at the human. In her anger, she had failed to look closely, but the shock of her spell failing had cleared her mind. Now she could sense that this human could also draw upon the winds; and that his power equalled, or perhaps even supposed hers.

He looked surprised, however, at her attack. For the first time, he glanced round the tent, and this seemed only to make him more confused. Then.

“Why, precisely, did you attack me?” He asked, with some slight bitterness. “I thought I was supposed to be your ally.”

“Ally?” Diana was reeling now. Atop the fact that the stranger spoke passable Drukh-Eltharin, she’d heard of no humans working with them.

The stranger clicked his tong in annoyance at himself, and held his hand to his head.

“Damn. I should have remembered, the information couldn’t spread that quickly.”

He bowed low to the daughter of the Exile Lord.

“Yes, I am Tillmann Spyri, and I, along with my friend, Lisa von Kahajen, are to work with your forces here.”

Normally Diana would utterly fail to believe the story. But she was a good judge of character, and was pretty sure this “Tillmann Spyri” was telling the truth. That did not settle all her questions, however.

“But how could a common mercenary…”

“Mercenary!?“ Spyri seemed surprised at being called that, but thought for a moment, and the surprise lifted.

“Well, yes I suppose, from a technical stand point, but anything from common, as you may have realised. Now, what was the term?”

He tried to remember, whilst the enchantress just stood there, in shock. Suddenly, he snapped his fingers.

“Vachi Caerthal. That was it.”

Diana stared. Vachi Caerthal? The dead? But this human appeared alive and well.

“You are… “

“Oh no.” Spyri seemed amused at that; he laughed with a heartiness not normally credited to necromancers. “I command them, raise them, and bind them…”

Bind them. This was it. This human knew how to bind dead sprits to serve in an army. And they were to fight the Asur within a ruin haunted by a Tor full of the ghosts of the false elves. If that was not the advantage Diana was searching for, she didn’t know what was. This was a chance to finally gain status and greater power amongst the sorceresses. Before too long, she’d be free of this miserable tent. Free to relax, perhaps, with a plaything of her own.

“but I am not one of the... Hello?”

Tillmann waved his hand in front of the Druchii’s eyes. She snapped out of her thoughts at once

“Nothing.” She tried to think of how to put this, and decided on simple honesty. Deceit was, perhaps, not the best idea with this one

“Can you teach me to bind spirits?”

The Necromancer looked surprised, and not a little dubious. However, he answered truthfully.

“I suppose so. Though Necromancy is different to your art, the princi...”

The dark elf beamed, as she thumped the table again “Yes!”

Spyri blinked

“I’m sorry?”

Diana laughed. She was actually beginning to warm slightly to this human.

“It doesn’t matter. Just teach me how to command such shades, human, and I will see that you are well rewarded.”

Tillmann Spyri seemed uncertain for a moment. But for a moment only.

“Deal done.” He held out his palm, and the sorceress took it eagerly with her own, slender hand. They shook, both gripping firmly, the Dark Elf struggling to contain her excitement. Tillmann chose that moment for a gentle reminder.

“Just remember my name. Tillmann…”

“Yes, yes, yes. Sorry. I am Diana “ She curtsied, letting her raven black hair fall about her. Tillmann smiled at this gesture from a Druchii.

“Good to meet you, Diana. Now, let us begin…”

And then the pair talked, long into the night. Talks of energies, of commands, of frailties, of death and of control.

Such are the subjects of talks, between masters of Dhar.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I think you mean that his magic surpased hers rather than suposed, but good and I like to see my ideas taking flieght.

Gentleman of Moderation
Gooner
Corsair

Post by Gooner »

Excellent, I like the writing style and I appreciate the manner in which Gorgoneth and Shadowheart's animosity is portrayed- its clearly still an issue but not to the extent that it will interfere with the campaign.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

There will be more before this, but I can't write it yet, or even know for sure how much there is to write, as it is somewhat dependant on Maelstrom's work.

Lisa von Kahajen looked up at the old Tor. It was hard to call this place a ruin. It was in the main intact, it’s towers were still standing tall. From this distance (she was still some way from the elven city itself) the damages of time could hardly be seen. Only the walls revealed the abandonment of this place. Large portions were still intact, but moss grew over them, and breaches were commonplace. The Blood-Dragon was first and foremost a strategist, and whilst she could note the condition of the stone, and the beauty of the architecture, her main thought was just how quickly this place would fall in a siege.

And there are no shortage of candidates for the role of attacker, the vampires thought grimly, as her eyes lowered to regard the rest of the plains outside the majestic ruin. It was night now, and thus action was minimal (with the exception of the occasional beast-men ambush), but the camps of the countless small warbands coated the pastoral scene, leaving it hard to see the grass.

Wherever there is a prospect of loot, plunder, magic or anything of that nature, half the world jumped and ran to the carcass. Reflected the noble Vampire with slight disgust. The other half followed them.

Mind you, some come stronger than others.

The elves were everything the Lady Knight had expected. The white tents were large, elaborate, and brightly lit. The encampment had the appearance of a city on its own. It was not fortified, but the watch was very visible (and made up of Swordmasters no less)

Also, there was a second, smaller camp, outside the borders of the first. No pitch white tents here. No illumination either, but the Countessa’s eyes needed no light to see the dwarfs here. She had made a study of diplomacy recently, and had heard that the High King had made some sort alliance with Ulluthan. She had laughed it off, but this seemed to be proof. Well, well. A lesson in modesty…

The two camps were set up outside the city, as the Asur were taking their time to move in. The exile lord’s knight had expected as much. The bands already in the city were fierce and Asurite forces always tried for minimal losses. This was an obvious message to the smaller groups. It said, “We are here, in force, and will claim this place. Fight and you die. Run and you may survive.” She approved of that. Minimise losses; shorten the conflict, without so much as drawing a blade.

Fighting such foes will require tactical brilliance. We can’t afford a misstep at this stage

The plan of the Druchii was brilliant. Lisa couldn’t help but respect Rackeith for it. Several small groups, of which she commanded one, were to establish a presence. They must however, appear independent of each other. Then, around the end of the week, the main army would arrive, and make rush for the gatehouse. The Dark Elven warbands already held most of the path the armies would travel. Unfortunately, the last part was the outskirts of the Elven camp

Lisa von Kahajen regarded the small protrusion of the elven camp that the Druchii were going to have to storm straight through. The troops there were within their tent. For all she knew, it could be a battalion of Phoenix Guard. Their plan was hanging by a thread. She smiled

Oh well. A problem for later. Once we control the gatehouse, we have an easily fortified position, wall breaches or no. From there, we can launch raids into the Tor itself. The Asur had numbers on there side, but strategy and tactics were always going to be the deciding factor in this fight.

As the Chaos Moon rose (as it had nigh on every day since this “Nemesis war” had begun) The Blood Dragon turned away from her goal for a moment. The ancient elven city at her back, she walked towards her own troops. The great battle was about to begin. She knelt, and reflected on her foes for a moment. Then, in the quiet of the night, with only the dead for company, she whispered a few words to herself; amidst the long, rain soaked grass

“Lord Abhorash, I swear to you, and every principle you ever held dear, that these elves, these “Asur” shall pay for their arrogant part in this thrice-dammed “Nemesis War” This vow I make on every drop of blood within my veins, and may Nagash return to this plane if I depart from what I have sworn this night.”

She removed her gauntlets from her wrists, and punctured each palm with her fangs. The blood flowed upon the already wet grass, but only for a second. Vampires heal such small wounds quickly. But their blood stained the earth for a long time, even by their reckoning. The small patch of ground would serve as mute testimony of her oath.

The Lady Knight looked back at the plains, and the warriors resting there. Suddenly she drew her sword, pointing it at the elven camp, she laughed, and shouted to the winds

“Death has come here for you. I know, for I am his herald. Your end is at hand”

Any who heard it dismissed it as a lunatic’s word.

But they would yet prove to have some truth to them, if Lisa von Kahajen and the forces of the Exile Lord had their say.
Draknir
Dark Artist

Post by Draknir »

Nice story. I liked the description of the Tor.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I liked the oath bit, sounds about right for a Blood dragon.

Gentleman of Moderation
Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

Great how you make the Druchii sound like the good guys.
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

What do you meen sound like? :D

Gentleman of Moderation
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Eveyone's a good guy. Just ask em. ;) Thakns guys. Part two will be up on wednesday (before the GW reports.) I'm busy tommorow i'm afraid.