House Fellblade NC background

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

I've got another bit (or two) I'll be posting tomorow that assumes you two have joined. Don't worry about that, just carry on and finish it off.

Oh, and if you want a way to discourage your characters from trechery, fell free to have Lisa attending the meeting, and explaining to the pair that she now serves Rackeith.

Vamps tend to get people scared. Can't think why....
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

yh i was gonna write about Lisa in the next part as Areon and Kaihlik are unaware that rackieth has a vampire in his service, i also have a plan that will stop you rebels(and vampires) from betraying us.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Hay, I'm more worried about you betraying us. ;)

Just remember, we outnumber you. But, if it;s a concilation, if Rackeith outright betrayed you, Lisa would break her alliance. (don't ask, complex)
Kaihlik
Cold One Knight

Post by Kaihlik »

Yeah Kaihlik is not going to like the situation but as you may be able to tell he needs this to pay for him. Though as a proper Druchii he will make plans for treachery in case things all go pear shaped. The fact he is desperate is enough incentive to keep trecherous thoughts at bay for the time being.
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

the possibility of Lisa fighting on our side is quite interesting, i'll probs PM u kaihlik with some ideas for a back up plan 2moz, i have an idea for the intitial meeting but i'll think up some other stuff you do the same.
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

_Maelstrom_ wrote:thanks,

@Slerac: i may have an idea on how to mention your character in my fluff, it''l probably be in the next part, plus im sure Areon would send his cousin a souvenir such as a severed head or a nice weapon. lol

cheers,

Unfortunatly slerac chooses his souvenirs it's kinda like a mental/spiritual compulsion if anything he would just want 1/10th of your total slave count.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
_maelstrom_
Shade

Post by _maelstrom_ »

Hi guys sorry its taken so long to get this up, but now it is finished so i think im up to date with everyone else now anyhow onto the fluff:

It was now two days since the meeting, the short journey up the river Narn had passed with little incidence, although many of the warriors on deck reported seeing human scouts following the ships along the river banks, Areon had dismissed these reports, if the humans knew they were here they would have sent an army to investigate not a rabble of huntsmen.
When the small fleet had dropped anchor at the agreed meeting place they had found a fully fledged camp complete with palisades, Areon had been impressed with the swift work of Kaihliks followers. Most of Areons army had now disembarked with only a small guard of corsairs remaining on the ships to guard the river and the only escape route should things turn ugly. Areon and Kaihlik were ready to depart, they each took sizeable bodyguards partly as a show of strength to the rebels and also incase they had to fight their way out.
"I should be riding Aspheroth into their pitiful camp, not ride in like a mear messenger on a cold one" said Kaihlik with a sneer
"I think if you rode your dragon in, you would be killed on sight as I dont think these rebels would take to kindly to a loyalist lord droping out of the sky mounted on a few tonnes of beast" said Areon

"Well at least I would get to kill some of the scum before I died" hissed Kaihlik, again showing his displeasure at having to aid rebels
"Restrain yourself my ally, the time for that will come eventually" said Areon, with an evil glint in his eyes
One of Areons knights approached the two lords, bowing before he addressed them.
"My lords the preparations are complete, the convoy is ready to leave at your command" announced the knight, before bowing again and returning to his mount at its place in the convoy
"Come let us meet this "great" rebel lord" declared Areon, with a grin before kicking his spurs into the flanks of his cold one
The convoy wound its was through the forest on a small dirt track, the rebel camp was a mear league away from the loyalist camp according to Kaihliks shades. Many times along the way they had felt like they were being watched which lead to a tense journey, Areon had waved his guards off a few times as they had gone to draw their swords, telling them that it was mearly the rebel scouts tracking their progress. After an hour long trip the convoy arrived at the gates of the rebel camp. Areon was actually impressed with the structure, the whole camp was surrounded by a high palisade wall, they had even constructed a gate house.
The gate guards had spotted the convoy approaching and had a look of shear supprise on their faces at the sight of the loyalists, one of them ran and started ringing the alarm bell. With this all hell broke lose the gates burst open and out rushed a large unit of vanakat excutioners as well as many warriors armed with repeater crossbows the convoy was quickly surrounded. Areons and Kaihliks bodyguards quickly formed up around them with Alrek and his executioners at the front, there was another tense silence both sides ready to strike down the other. The the leader of the vanakat executioners came forth from the ranks.
"And to what do we owe the honour of your company, puppets of the false king" he said mockingly
"I am no ones puppet!" snarled Kaihlik, drawing his sword
With this a row of repeater crossbows were brought to bear on Kaihlik, all of Kaihliks bodyguards including Taris then drew their swords. Areon put his hand on Kaihliks shoulder motioning for him to lower his weapon, he did this reluctantly as did his guards although Taris kept his sword unsheathed ready to respond to any threat to his lord.
"And who are you?" Asked Areon
Before the elf could answer Alrek interupted.
"He is Kazakha formally a master executioner of Khaine, until he was exiled" spat Alrek

"Ah Alrek Fellblade it has been many years since we last met, I see you still serve that weakling Tullaris" said Kazakha confidently
This provoked pure outrage from the loyalist executioners, who all leveled their weapons at their rebel counterparts. Alrek quickly barked orders out, to get them back in line.
"Your feeble words mean nothing Kazakha, lord Tullaris was appointed by the high priestess herself and he is the mortal embodyment of Khaine in the aspect of an executioner. Because you opposed him is why you were exiled" said Alrek with a grin
"You are deluded Alrek, he is nothng more than a mere peasant" said Kazakha

"We will see who is deluded, when this confict is over I will take your head, and then present it to Lord Tullaris" hissed Alrek
"Enough of your minor bickering, take us to your master the one called Rackieth" declared Areon
"Yes, I am most eager to meet this "great" lord" said Kaihlik in a mocking tone
"You will have an audience with Lord Rackieth, but I can't promise you will make it out of this camp alive" said Kazakha with an evil grin.
At Kazakhas command the assembled rebels allowed the convoy to pass through the gates, they were greeted with a sight that few would witness, a huge camp that seemed to strech on and on, at the river side in the distance they could see several ships at anchor, they were lead through the camp and greeted with suspicious looks and insults shouted out by the encamped rebel army.
They passed troops of various factions; choreshi cultists whose hideous features disturbed even the most experienced troops, and other troops clad in fine metallic blue armour that bore the symbol of the fell chaos god Tzeentch, Areon noticed that these two factions camping areas had been kept apart obviously to prevent any infighting. After passing many tents the convoy arrived at what appeared to be the center of the camp, the tents here were home to what appeared to be Rackieths personal troops who looked like any normal druchii foot soldier found in naggaroth, before them was the largest and most imposing tent obviously belonging to Rackieth himself.
The convoy was again surrounded by troops armed with repeater crossbows, Areon and Kaihlik both dismounted from their cold ones. Areon instructed Alrek to stay with the convoy, Taris attempted to join the two lords, Kaihlik turned round.

"No my loyal champion, I wish you to stay with the convoy and protect it, as it may be our only means of escape" said Kaihlik
"Yes my lord" said Taris, looking slightly disappointed that he wouldn't get to see this Rackieth himself.
"Come my ally let us see for ourselves this great gatheringof rebels" said Areon, before stepping into the tent
They walked along a long carpet that headed towards the center of the tent, on either side of this they were met with the steely glares of other minor nobles that had pledged themselves to Rackieth. When they reached the center of the tent they went trough a second opening and were now in a large room.
The center of the room was dominated by a large elaborately carved circular table, this table was covered in parcement obviously battle maps and plans for the coming conflict. At the head of the table sat on a large and elaborate throne sat the form of the rebel leader Rackeith flanked by 2 Vanakat executioners, he was fully armoured as if expecting to face a battle at any moment, Areon noted how fine his armour was if he was only ment to have been Lord Yeurls champion how did he acquire armour more fitting of a highborn.
To the right of Rackieth sat a figure in finely crafted blue metallic armour his breast plate bore the symbol of two talons gripping a heart, and the armour was adorned with other emblems of talons and beaks, his skin seemed to shimmer and he had unsually coloured short hair that looked like copper, on his forehead he bore the fell symbol of Tzeentch, this was obviously Drainial Shadowheart the lord whom Kaihlik had warned him about.
To the left of Rackieth sat Gorgoneth, he was easily recognisable wearing a large horned helm and adorned with many symbols of the serpent, through the eye holes of his helmet could be glimpsed parts of his hideously scarred face, he wore a suit of heavy armour and was draped in a large fur cloak.
Sitting a seat away from Gorgoneth was a female human, clad in crude human plate armour with various symbols of a dragon on it, her hair was sholder length, there was something about her but Areon couldnt quite place it, but why Rackieth had human mercinaries in his service Areon could not understand, he had seen no humans camped amongst the druchii this was a puzzle.
"ah I see you have finally arrived Lords Fellblade and Rashia and why do you loyalist scum join us here" said Rackieth, his voice oozing pure confidence
"Loyalists!" spat Gorgoneth, before standing and drawing his sword.
"Sit Gorgoneth, let us hear what they have to say before we dispose of them" said Rackieth while staring Gorgoneth in the eyes.
"Kill us if you want but it will only bring you swift death" said Areon calmly
the assenbled rebels let out a loud laugh.
"bring death to us? your rabble outside would be dead before they even got into the tent" said Rackieth
"That "rabble" would each take down 10 of your men before they died" Snarled Kaihlik
"I have many more to replace those that would be lost lord Rashia and you and you ally there would be handed over to Gorgoneth and his cultists" said Rackieth menacingly
"Our troops aren't the main threat to your plans, I have instructed my officers to inform all of the loyal Lords i the area of your location and plans if we do not return, you may kill us but you will have all the noble houses of Naggaroth descend on you, not to mention our accursed kin who are also bound to be interested in the Tor. Your army would be annihilated and you carried back to Naggarond to be killed for Malekiths pleasure" said Areon calmy
A look of pure anger crossed Rackieths face, he stood up from his chair and smashed an armoured guantlet onto the table.
"Your bluffing!" bellowed Rackieth, all his composure lost
Drainial had his eyes fixed on Areon for the duration of the exchange, he began to speak.
"He isnt bluffing, I have looked into him and see no deception" stated Drainial
Rackieth smashed his armoured hand on the table again before sittig back in his throne.
"What exactly is it that you want from me?" hissed Rackieth
"Our request is simple, our forces will aid yours in the capture of Tor Thana in exchange for positions of power, if you wish we will continue this little conflict once the city is secure" said Areon

"And why do you think we need your aid?" asked Rackieth
"Because your troops are to weak to take the city alone, you need the aid of true druchii to defeat the accursed Asur and any other weaklings that get in the way" said Kaihlik mockingly
"And why would I need you when i have Lisa at my side" said Rackieth, motioning at the human
The two loyalist lords let out a laugh.
"You place your faith in a mear human, you are truely insane" laughed Kaihlik
"I am no mear human" replied Lisa
A look of complete supprise crossed the faces of Areon and Kaihlik.
" You can speak Drukh-Eltharin?" said Areon, still shocked
"I am well travelled" stated Lisa, Rackieth nodded to her and she opend her mouth to show her fangs
Areon and Kaihlik took a step back in utter disbelief, she was a Vachi Caerthal one of the walking dead, no wonder they had seen no signs of a human army in the camp, she hadn't yet summoned the undead hordes to her.
"See I even have a Vachi Caerthal in my service" said Rackieth confidently, now having regained his composure
" I will permit you to join my forces, return to your camp when I need you I will send for you" declared Rackieth
Areon and Kaihlik left the tent and returned to their convoy, and began the journey back to the camp.
"how did it go" Asked Alrek, Taris also listening in
"lets just say that Skaven are probably more trust worthy, we will have to watch our backs while dealing with these rebels" said Areon
"good, gives me more of a reason to kill some of them" said Kaihlik with a grin

------------------------------------

let me know what u think

cheers,
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Yay. Well done Maelstrom. Better late than never, and it didn't suffer for the delay.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Exelent, allways glad to see any story with my charactor in it (vain I know) and though you be the lap dogs of the mumys boy its good to have more troops to crush the Asur and every one else.

Oh and that makes our total count three dragons now, wow would any Caldorions be getting jelus.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation