The Week 2 update...confusion.

Talk about all aspects of the Nemesis Crown summer campaign here

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Either that or GW have desided to start mixing their games so soon we will have a WW campaign when the imperium of man invades the warhammer world :D
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

GW fluff rule #1- High Elves always beat Dark Elves, even when Dark Elves are #5 overall and High Elves are #7. It's a good thing I find way more satisfaction in player written fluff rather than GW garbage, otherwise I'd quit.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
D'jihurccen
Executioner

Post by D'jihurccen »

Maybe i missed something, but i believe when the week one dispatch was originally released it put us at third place overall, and now the week two update puts us at 11th in week one, and 11th in week 2, why was our week one result modified? or am i just off my rocker and somehow read the wrong report?
Dark moon Host (druchii) w/d/l 9/2/4
Tacitus
Cold One Knight

Post by Tacitus »

No, you're not insane, they really did go back and change it for some reason

What on earth? that page read 'week one - Dark Elves 3rd' now its 'Week one - Dark Elves 11th' .... this is nuts, we've gone from doing well to being right at the bottom.
- The Black Host (Druchii) - 47/17/5
- Shamblin' Horde (VC) - 9/2/2

Working on - 10k of Druchii (Done) / 3k of Vampires (250 left to go) / 12k of Tau (Done)
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

so what???
what happens if we come last in this campaign?
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

This is not fair. Week one even still has the list, which has us "Doing well" at

In their quest for the Nemesis Crown, the forces of the Dark Elves have subdued their foes in the following areas:

The Reik's Marches
The Talabec Borders
The Raüberthal
The Draken Downs
The Howling Heights
The Barren Hills

yet they've gone in afterwards and meddled with the stats, so we're doing bad at all of them. We can't win. This is plain cheating.
Lord Veshnakar
Highborn

Post by Lord Veshnakar »

Yeah, well that does it for me. I am not playing anymore battles for this bullhish.
"Do unto others before they do unto you."
Vallorn deathblade
Noble

Post by Vallorn deathblade »

if anyone would be so kind as to get an answer as two why they changed our results i would be happy to have a quote. that or virus spam them till the system crashes... whatever works for you! :D
Belial. wrote:Fighting Eldacar over fluff is like fighting Socrates over philosophy...

Alkkrision wrote:-Alkkrision: Druchii.net's own source of bad ideas :).
Itcamefromthedeep
Slave on the Altar

Post by Itcamefromthedeep »

All it takes to seriously skew the results is two or three Dark Elf cheaters reporting 50 or 60 massacres each, then getting removed. I noticed suspicious DE players were overrepresented at the top of the leaderboards the first few days. Once those reports got tossed out, perhaps 11th is closer to how the army actually did for the first week (I have to say that makes more sense considering the terrible state of elves these days).
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

on the german website its even worse: they still say we´re doing good at all these parts and put us 11th but i agree with itcamefromthedeep (something like that), may be because of all these cheaters too, i simply don´t know and gw is not gonna tell us...
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

itcamefromthedeep wrote:All it takes to seriously skew the results is two or three Dark Elf cheaters reporting 50 or 60 massacres each, then getting removed. I noticed suspicious DE players were overrepresented at the top of the leaderboards the first few days. Once those reports got tossed out, perhaps 11th is closer to how the army actually did for the first week (I have to say that makes more sense considering the terrible state of elves these days).

that is actually a pretty good point....
i think you may have hit the nail on the head there
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

No. On results, the BH were 11th that week. But we shot up to 3rd in dispatches, on events. That's where the confusion is.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

I was under the impression that the cheaters were removed before week 1 even ended. But whatever, a friend is checking up on things to see if it's a typo or if we're screwed.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Bonemagus
Cold One Knight

Post by Bonemagus »

Back the the fluff thing I think we should quit whinning. The fluff for this campaign is being written from the view of the Empire and their allies. They said they didn't stop us from landing our ships and setting up camp. The fluff is just from the "Forces of Lights" view that the High Elves will bail out the empire and defeat the Druchii like the petty Asur did before.

People need to learn how to look at the narration style when reading fluff and quit whinning that the world is falling even if the fluff "goes bad" for our favorite armies. The Dark Elves won big victories in the Dark Shadows campaign and from my understanding the Druchii weren't only more popular then than now.

Also we took 3rd overall week 1 (includling events) and took 11th week 2. We just need to make a comeback and besides 5th overall now is good in one repect. The Asur are in 6th. :)
Ranieth
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ranieth »

Problem is that we didn't get 3rd overall first week, they changed that to 11th that week to. That's what the confusion is about I think.
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Sorry been away for a while, but I'm now back and I was breath taking (In a bad way) When I saw our results were changed and I was appaulled that we had fallen so far down and crashed like blazes.

The question is, are we going to do anything about it, you know complain, ask or something for it's nice that everyone is unhappy with Games workshop for they have still written good fluff for both weeks yet we are thrown to 11th.

We maybe wouldn't of been in 11th if we knew most our victories were been won by cheaters and would of taking more action, this sort of things happened before but not on Games workshop and it boils me up knowing that I would of fought harder to achieve victories if I knew we were on red.
Sanity... is for the weak!
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

I've got someone to post the problem along to the Top Brass. We're awaiting results.

We can still win though. Just play as many games as possable. Try for more small scale stuff. A 500 pts battle counts just as much as a 2000 pts one.[/repetitve prep talk]
Tilmann spyri
Cold One Knight

Post by Tilmann spyri »

Hi guys

I've had word back from the Brain Boyz. The recent figures are correct. The earlier figures that showed DEs doing a lot better were the result of an input error. Everything's been double checked though just to be sure, and we are.

Thanks for bringing this up!

Regards, Andy
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

Okay my heads kind of spinning from what your telling me. Like are you saying this is a good thing or a bad thing as in week 1 was a mistake and it had nothing to do with cheaters?
Sanity... is for the weak!