Diablo 2

Discuss console and computer games here, including GW Universe computer games.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Diablo 2

Post by Gnosis »

Does anyone still play? I've recently recommenced and am looking for a steady set of companions. Sadly, I don't have the expansion pack. I play in the Europe gateway. Drop a line here!
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

I played a few months back. Just casually, with some friends. I would be tempted to start up again to play with you, but... MW2 is out in a few days.
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

Personally I'm waiting on the next patch before starting over since there'll be a wipe.
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

I tried playing once and found the sloooooooow text scroll to be a deal-breaker for me. The expansions shouldn't be too hard to find in the 5 euro bargin bin of your local games store.

Belial wrote:I played a few months back. Just casually, with some friends. I would be tempted to start up again to play with you, but... MW2 is out in a few days.
You newbie gamers need to stop refering to CoD6 as MW2. It's
confusing the hell out of us old-timers.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Newbiegamers? I'll have you know I happily tapped away on my Sega Megadrive.

I only refer to it as such, since it actually used to be the official name. It was supposed to branch away from the CoD franchise. Many months of using that acronym has simply become habbit, even after they changed it back to being a CoD game, for marketing reasons.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

But I thought that MW2 was not a CoD sequel (ie CoD6) but actually a CoD spin off franchise? So it still has CoD in the title but it is not a direct sequel in the main series.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

I did play last year while my sons were home.
Now they study in Paris and I spend more time P&M and writing articles for D.net.

But that is a nice game.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Jaycee
Assassin

Post by Jaycee »

Diablo II never really appealed to me the same way Diablo did. Running around in a desert killing monsters just isn't the same as descending through the catacombs of a God-forsaken cathedral. The atmosphere was just better in the original in my opinion. I'll admit that I didn't give it much chance though.
Perhaps I'll give it a try once I get a new computer.
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

I recently borrowed the game off my friend, if I can manage to get his damaged disks repaired and thus enabling me to install the multiplayer files... well I'll let you know.

~T'Keela
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Zardock wrote:But I thought that MW2 was not a CoD sequel (ie CoD6) but actually a CoD spin off franchise? So it still has CoD in the title but it is not a direct sequel in the main series.

It was originally intended as such, but when it became apparent that interest in the game actually waned, they decided that it would be better, PR-wise, to keep it in the CoD family. So they changed it back.
Brokenstone
Cold One Knight

Post by Brokenstone »

Yeah, i have bursts of D2 far more regularly than i should admit. I think i have about 25 different character builds that have been played for various amounts of time. Have played it mostly single player as my copy may or may not be legally acquired. My old flatmate and a few friends and I used to play pretty solid LAN games though, back in the day.

Any idea on when the latest patch will arrive? Curious to see if it finally balances the handful of really impractical skills throughout the game. Amongst other things
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Belial wrote:Newbiegamers? I'll have you know I happily tapped away on my Sega Megadrive.
Pft... Megadrive. Come back and talk to me when you cut your teeth on a C64 ;p
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

A what?
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:
Brokenstone
Cold One Knight

Post by Brokenstone »

Someone poke that man with a Commadore, not the one with Lionel Ritchie in it
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Okay, so I found a used copy of the expansion, but I can't install it - it doesn't recognise Diablo 2 on my machine. This isn't really a surprise for me, as I have installed the latter on my external HD, but is there any way to get the expansion disc to recognise my D2 install without the hassle of reinstalling the latter on my internal HD?
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Polybus
Slave on the Altar

Post by Polybus »

I got really into D2 again for a while. I found the Eastern Sun mod version and went nuts with it for some time. I think it is way more enjoyable than the original. The community there is a tad small but it is still worth it in my opinion.
Savonarola
Highborn

Post by Savonarola »

MW2 is the Mechwarrior 2 right? Cool game if you asked me. Shortcuts, even more confusing than words itself.

I played D2 some 8 or 9 yrs ago, spent so many nights on the battlenet, had all classes on lvl 95 and higher, some classes in more variants... all in HARDCORE - back in those times, hardcore meant the char had one life and if you died, finito, no way back to the game. So hardened guys we were, beware! Yeah, the old times. All the set items I had, and some of the most rare runes as well.

Problem solved, as on Vista, almost no game works - almost no program works on Vista, honestly. Cheap or expensive, old or brightest new game, Vista stops all. Unplayable. More time for D.net.
We hate what you hate. And we hate you. With eternal hatred!
Asikari
Highborn

Post by Asikari »

Arquinsiel wrote:
Belial wrote:Newbiegamers? I'll have you know I happily tapped away on my Sega Megadrive.

Some of those games were fantastic. I'd like to find a C64 emulator and download the old games.

I tried Diablo 2 again this past year on my most recent computer. Got into the basement of the palace in Act II and the computer forgot to render the exit to the next level. Haven't played since.
"The strength you normally use is like the small visible segment of an iceberg..." Tohei-sensai

"Few problems can't be solved by the judicious application of brute force" Asikari
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

I just ran through Titan Quest with a friend. Actually quite an enjoyable game, if one ever tires from Diablo II. I've also completed Torchlight, but the lack of multiplayer is baffling.