Blood Bowl

Discuss console and computer games here, including GW Universe computer games.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord malek
Beastmaster

Blood Bowl

Post by Lord malek »

Hi Iv just got Blood bowl for my x box and so far fairly pleased with it. The graphics are not the greatest and the real time mode can take some time to get used to.

Im just liking having the turn based game at the moment just wanting to know if anyone has any tips on running a Skaven team as at the moment I can only seem to draw with my opponents.

Any tips from long term BB players??
Sa'an'ishar
Brad
Executioner

Post by Brad »

I'm quite certain the PC version has built-in cheats for the AI. How else can you explain that opposition AG1 players will succeed in dodging every time (I mean this literally - one game it happened six times out of six!) whereas your own AG4+Dodge players will kill themselves nine times out of ten (this one might be an exaggeration)? Also don't bother with rerolls, I suspect the random number generator in the game is b0rked as rerolls seem to come up with exactly the same result more often than not.

Can't help you with Skaven, sorry, as I play Dark Elves.
A missive from the desk of Kylekin, Prince of Nhaeroth, Land of the Setting Sun

8th ed stats (W/L/D)
DE: 1/0/0
DoC: 2/1/0
Empire: 0/1/0
WoC: 0/1/0
Lord malek
Beastmaster

Post by Lord malek »

Cheers Thanks for the advice I seem to find the same with re rolls only got a positive like 1 in 10 times.

Iv managed to win my last 3 matches now playing more counter attack .
Sa'an'ishar
Darthvegeta800
Corsair

Post by Darthvegeta800 »

Is this game worth buying? I've read very mixed reactions to it.
Druzil
Trainee Warrior

Post by Druzil »

i found it enjoyable. i was on the good side of an ag1 player doing some rather acrobatic type moves. saurus picked up the ball and dodged out. then went on to score. so it goes both ways. haven't had to many deaths. a couple of injuries
Akimoto
Noble

Post by Akimoto »

I believe it would be much better if you played non-computer opponents. As the others have said, the computer has this funny way of passing pretty much any test it needs to make when it needs to, and as you play harder difficulties this just gets worse...

but my theory is, that if you're playing another person, you'll both get the same amount of terrible dice rolls, and it will be more balanced. In theory.
Yori Temel -- group 22

WS5 / S4 / T5 / D4 / I4

Equipment - Repeater crossbow, double-bladed spear, Light Armour, Heavy armour, helm, spiky vambraces, (stored: Zukhil sword, Shield)
Skills - Awareness, basic heal
Other: 1831gc, The Dragons Eye Amulet, Talisman of light, Healing Talisman, 15x healing balms, boots, gloves, woolen cloak, hatchet, backpack, rope, a Flint and Tinder, bedroll.
Druzil
Trainee Warrior

Post by Druzil »

vs PC killing time seems to work. or work on getting to the ball carrier
Borog
Beastmaster

Post by Borog »

The AI is ghastly, especially on the x-box where you cannot mod.
They AI teams manage to kill each other off in the games against each other, and they are pretty stupid in their games against you.

So to get the most out of it you probably should play against other people, not the computer. I haven't tried this as I have it on x-box, and I grew tired of the game. That being sad, it took long for me to tire of it, so it's a really cool game and got me considering this game as a tabletop game!