New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Discuss console and computer games here, including GW Universe computer games.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Jaycee
Assassin

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Post by Jaycee »

Apart from the awful title (why didn't they just call it Super Mario Bros. 6?) what do you guys think of the game, is it worth picking up?

It has gotten good reviews and sold alot but I am not really sold on the concept. The game's main appeal is the chaotic madness that ensues when playing multiplayer yet this can also be frustrating, or so I have been told,
and unlike the other great multilplayer games like Brawl and Mario Kart, the lovely GC controllers can't be used here so I'll (finally) have to invest in extra wiimotes which aren't exactly cheap.
So has anyone bought or played it?
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

I've played it, but primarily as single player. If you like a bit of old school platforming, it's worth getting. Its simplicity is quite addictive.

If you like something with a bit more depth, you may want to give it a pass. Multiplayer can be co-operative or competitive, so that side of things depends on the sort of people you would play with.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

I like it. I don't own the Wii but i played it at a friends and that game is a blast. It was a bit awkward at first with the controls but I was ok after a few minutes. I recommend the game.
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Hmmm. I might get it for my Wii. Maybe that'll make me turn it on for the first time in three months.
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

Belial wrote:Hmmm. I might get it for my Wii. Maybe that'll make me turn it on for the first time in three months.

This tends to be the trend with everyone who ever bought a Wii.

Game was abit average from what I played of it, was just a re-release of a SNES game, and wasn't really my cup of tea.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

This game is quite fun but rather hard to play on the Wii - I don't think this console is much suited to this type of retro-style game to be honest. It rocks on the DS though !
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
War wizard
Slave on the Altar

Post by War wizard »

For me, I didn't buy it expecting to be blown away. What I wanted was an updated version from the the first 3 games of the series and a little bit of flavor of the DS game. That's exactly what it is. One player is fine, 2 players with someone that knows how to play is good as well. 4 players is a death match. Half the time I die simply because someone else is jumping and I get stuck between a gap and fall to my death. ARGH