Elder Scrolls MMO... WTF

Discuss console and computer games here, including GW Universe computer games.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lethal elf
Slave on the Altar

Elder Scrolls MMO... WTF

Post by Lethal elf »

It's been confirmed bethesda is makeing an ES MMO and now they've killed one of the last great single player rpg series. Why does everything under the F***ing sun have to turn into an MMO this leaves a void that i dont think can be filled. Anybody else feel the same. here is the confirmation http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivion/news.html?sid=6246696&mode=news [/i]
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

Didn't they announce they were planning this almost a year ago?

Either way, I am not a fan of Elder Scrolls, but I can appreciate how well made the games were. In a way, I COULD see an MMO made out of it, but I doubt it would do very well. I don't know the game mechanics,but few MMO's stand up to the WoW juggernaut. They all end up being a flash in the pan for fanboys of what (x) MMO is based off of. (look at Conan, WAR, Star Trek, etc.)

I could see how playing with a few friends in multilayer would be enjoyable, but a full on MMO.. Well... I hope they make the right decision.

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Nocturnal
Corsair

Post by Nocturnal »

I liked the idea of the MMO but I was reading an article and it said that it was going to be similar to WoW(loud groans).
Smiler666
Highborn

Post by Smiler666 »

If bethesda can actually make it an elderscrolls MMO then I think it will be great, however if it ends up being generic WoW-based online game with an elderscrolls skin plastered over the top then it will fall apart like other games that have tried the same.
Opus vos liberaverit
Nocturnal
Corsair

Post by Nocturnal »

That's my opinion on it. I love them though.
Jadin
Black Guard

Post by Jadin »

Not for me. I play a few mmos now, but only because they are free. I would rather wait for a solid single player game.