Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty

Discuss console and computer games here, including GW Universe computer games.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Meteor wrote:It's all true when you can properly prepare counters for void rays. Once they win though, you can't stop them even if there's just two of them left unless you've got like....five ports pumping a viking out each or three barracks pumping double marines out. Then again you're generally screwed if you lose your army, especially in your own base :roll:

Ultralisks are the bomb. My friend is a newb to RTS and SC2 in general. He played zerg so I told him to do nothing but rush and mass Ultralisks. We left him alone then I laughed when he trampled us all down with twelve ultralisks. Then again, there were no void rays or archons shooting them, don't think much else can stop them aside from those.

Against Ultralisks, I'd bring Immortals and Dark Templars. I think. I haven't really faced them in numbers yet.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Belial wrote:...and the real OMGWTFBBQ killer: Collosi.

Heh. If you face Collossi with Marines, you failed. ;)

When I started with Protoss, I also liked those Collossi, but they are sooo fragile. I still like them, mostly because they are cool, but I don't think they are really that strong.

Bye
Thanee
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Thanee wrote:
Belial wrote:...and the real OMGWTFBBQ killer: Collosi.

Heh. If you face Collossi with Marines, you failed. ;)

When I started with Protoss, I also liked those Collossi, but they are sooo fragile. I still like them, mostly because they are cool, but I don't think they are really that strong.

Bye
Thanee
Wait, what? The question was what mows down Marine swarms. A couple of collisi wil tear them to pieces in a few seconds.

I agree they are fragile, but they are a specialized tool for certain situations. Against zerg swarms and bio-terran, they rock. Of course, always have a sceen of zealots.

So, my cousin just spoiled the ending for me on my Facebook. Excited over what was probably an awesome ending, he wrote all caps: I JUST... followed by three words that made me rage. You see, I'm in the last mission. Having saved at a point where the counter you need to get to 100 is at 96.

Bastard.
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

hahahaha that sucks. punch his face in and confiscate his SC2 account till it stops being funny :P
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Belial wrote:Wait, what? The question was what mows down Marine swarms.

Not quite... the question started with mentioning complaints that Marine Narcophiles are too strong; which is during the stages of the game, where Colossi do not appear.

There is plenty around, that defeats Marines, but you must have it, when they come looking for ya... *tshhhh* Uhhh, yeah!

Anyways... now that I am through the campaign on Normal, I am trying my hand at Brutal... that name is really fitting... :shock:

Bye
Thanee
Meteor
Executioner

Post by Meteor »

As if you don't play the hardest difficulty on the first go! tsk tsk
What's mine is mine, What's yours is mine.
Now that we understand each other, lets get down to business.

Jacks -Shade
- WS 5 - - S 3 - - T 2 - - D 6 - - I 5 -

Equipment
Short Sword, MC Long Sword*, Dagger, RxB & RHB [20/10] MC Shade Cloak, 4 Throwing Daggers, 3x Healing Vials, 451C, [3]Dark Venom, [4]Unseen Chains, Food, Dark Steed- Spike

Skills
Basic Stealth, Awareness, TWF, Suithenlu Khythan, Ride

Magic Item
Eye of the Jabberwock

*Magical properties possibly imbued
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Heh. Some of us prefer not having to restart a mission 7 times, when we are craving more of the story. I have done it mostly on hard the first part, and normal for the later missions, just so I wouldn't get stuck on a map, but be able to get the story without too many obstructions.
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Belial wrote:Against Ultralisks, I'd bring Immortals and Dark Templars. I think. I haven't really faced them in numbers yet.

Does the Graviton Beam work on them? If so, I'd definitely take some Phoenixes along.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Gnosis wrote:
Belial wrote:Against Ultralisks, I'd bring Immortals and Dark Templars. I think. I haven't really faced them in numbers yet.

Does the Graviton Beam work on them? If so, I'd definitely take some Phoenixes along.

Sadly, no. If they did, I agree, it'd be the perfect Ultralisk counter.
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

Just finished the single player campaign. I really liked the play balance on 2, they flattened out all of the slightly dubious units and the game is very even now. I'm sort of annoyed at the loss of medics in multiplayer, but I usually play Zerg so it will be no big deal in the end. I'm very curious to see what becomes of the Zerg in the second expansion.

I have no trouble paying good money for good games, and so paid nearly retail for my copy.
"Luck is the residue of design"
Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

You still have medevacs that, while slightly more expensive and takes another building, is all around better.
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Anyone still playing this game? I sometimes fire it up for a lazy co-op vs AI game, but I never get in the mood for competitive 1vs1 games anymore.
Count them:

Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

I might get inti it again when I get my new computer. My laptop can't handle the heat it produces, but I'm gettin a proper beast of a computer in a few days. Then perhaps it's time to get back in SC.
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Aight, let's play a match then? Have I got you in my Blizzard friends thingy yet?
Count them:

Belial
Modest Member

Post by Belial »

Yeah, let's! Dont remember, but I think so. We can work something out when my new machine is here.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

My only regret with the game is that my desktop isn't powerful enough to see how this game was meant to look, that and it is a fun game.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra