Diablo 3

Discuss console and computer games here, including GW Universe computer games.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

T'keela
Noble

Diablo 3

Post by T'keela »

Soooo, fellow dnetters, with the 15th of May, 2012 (probably the year that the world ends, since it is finally being released) marking the release of Diablo 3, I thought it might be worth seeing if anyone else is:

1. Purchasing the game/vehemently refuses to play the game out of principal,
2. Interested in playing grouping up sometime,
3. General thoughts?

Anyway, let the civilised discussion begin (aka trololololing.).

T'Keela.
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:
Amarok
Executioner

Post by Amarok »

On pre-order. Not as excited as I once was (its hard to keep that level of anticipation up for years), but still looking forward to it. Should be cool (regardless of how good the game actually is lol).

Never actually played Diablo 2 online (due to various reasons), but this time round it seems I won't have a choice, so why not?
Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position.
Such a heavy burden now to be the One.
Born to bear and bring to all the details of our ending,
To write it down for all the world to see...

But I forgot my pen...
Lokil
Warrior

Post by Lokil »

After the open Beta weekend I am not as excited for it as before.
It just seemed like the same old use 5 buttons all game long and click your enemies to the death regardless of class or skill. All together it seems like a faceroll game but and this is a HUGE but! I only played the first chapter (obviously) and hope that the following chapters will be better and especially more challenging. In the end however I dont want to pay 50$ for a game that doesnt seem like it will challenge me.
• Name: Akish Shadowborn
• Male Khainite
• WS4 S3 T3 D4 I4
• Equipment: Dagger, 2 Short Swords, Throwing Dagger x4, Light Armour,
• Skills: Basic Stealth
Amarok
Executioner

Post by Amarok »

Lokil, I gotta say that's one of the reasons I am looking forward to it.

I loved Diablo 2 because I could boot it up, crank the tunes, have a couple of glasses of wine and just flick the big 'OFF' switch in my brain (although had to tone down the wine after my lvl 80+ hardcore character got instagibbed through lack of attention lol). All those flashy lights and repetitive button clicking induced something of a catatonic state. Pure escapism. If I want to get involved with something, I'll put on a good film, read a book, or paint my minis. If I want to escape for a few hours - Diablo baby.

But I forgot my pen...
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Each gameplay video I see enforces me in my opinion on Blizzard.
They never release anything new.

Doesn't mean it's bad... it's just Diablo 2 with slightly better graphics (slightly)

That said, I'll probably get it when the price drops in half, like I did with Starcraft II (which is just like Starcraft I >.>)
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Omnichron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Omnichron »

I was also first negative after the open beta. Mostly it was because of the lack of skills in trees and "builds" you could go for. After sitting down and feeling a bit like... "Meeeeh", I decided to give it another go. It felt alot better when I got into the new way of skills with runes and everything.

It's not so much about the builds directly anymore, but more about how you use them and what you use when. The beta didn't give us much of resistance... it was just way too easy, however I think the game will be better when it gets harder as well.

Other than that, I like the game, and it felt kinda good to sit back, relax with a glass of whiskey, and smash mosnters completely.

I'm buying it and will play it to death most likely.
Personal quote: "It's better to do little damage and lose nothing than to do lots of damage and lose everything."
Final tournament score for 7th DE book in 8th edition - W/D/L: 25/5/10
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Two of my sons are going to buy it.
Since they are studying in another city, I consider doing the same.
Could be cool to play with them.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Amarok
Executioner

Post by Amarok »

Just wondering how ya'll are getting on with it/initial thoughts etc.

I stayed away from the beta, and really didn't follow the development at all, so I'm playing with no idea at all to whats going to happen next, which is quite different then how it was with D.2. When I got into that it was with the battle box, with full walkthrough etc. Spent many an hour planning out builds, and assigning skill points was always a tense moment!

Not so the case this time round it seems. The skill system seems much more flexible, fluid, simple, and yet at the same time, overwrought and a little confusing. Tried to change a skill on the fly yesterday, got thoroughly confused, and couldn't use it when I had figured it out anyway!

Enjoying the game though.

Have not had much time with it (stoopid work), but just unlocked Hardcore (which was a nice surprise as I was expecting to have to play through) so I can now start playing 'properly'.

Although, I can't help but feel a pang of sadness and regret that my lvl 93 (HC) Druid is sitting in a computer file somewhere, an old adventurer with no dungeons to crawl, no demons to slay, no loot to loot. A moment of silence for all the retired Diablo heroes........ Level 93 not out.

But I forgot my pen...