battle march

Discuss console and computer games here, including GW Universe computer games.

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Taijushue
Cold One Knight

battle march

Post by Taijushue »

Just wondering if anyone has played mark of chaos battle march?

I've been wanting a video game where i can play dark elves but will not pay monthly for WAR.

I've been thinking about getting it for a while but havent heard much about it.

I like older games still go back to heroes of might and magic a few times a year
Creedence
Dark Rider

Post by Creedence »

I played it. If you keep in mind that it is an old game and don't set your expectations too high it is okay.
IT gave me something to do for a while. Also if you can find a copy you can normally pick it up cheap.
Lord Admiral, Creedence Vendral, Commander of the Black Arc Murderous Pride.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

It's not great. Unlike Dawn of War, which is still a very fun and engaging game several years on, Mark of Chaos and its expansions suffered from several inherently flawed game mechanics, including a weak AI, unengaging storyline, overly complex and fiddly interface and a general failure to deliver good quality game play. I wouldn't advise it.

If you like Heroes of Might and Magic, check out the King's Bounty series instead (King's Bountry the Legend, King's Bounty: Armoured Princess and King's Bountry Crossworlds). Based on the original King's Bounty (which, as you may know was the original inspiration behind the HOMM series), it provides many many hours of truly excellent gameplay and I think you can now get most of the titles for £5-10, depending on the vendor (it is discounted on sale at Gamersgate fairly regularly, so watch out for it there). Note: don't buy Armoured Princess, because that game is autobundled within Crossworlds IIRC.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Taijushue
Cold One Knight

Post by Taijushue »

I've played kings bounty. but the only game that has come close to being as fun as heroes for me was disciples. i really liked how the units upgraded in that game.
Heroes is still the best old game off all time but only up to heroes 3.

back on topic, I don't expect it to be as good as DoW. I think if i can find a copy for like 5 bucks or so i may get it, i am definitely not going to get an illegal copy
Brad
Executioner

Post by Brad »

I played the demo of MoK and I must agree with Red. Compared to the similar Total War style games, it just doesn't do it for me.

There's a WH mod for M2:TW out there somewhere. I think there might even be a thread about it on this forum. Haven't played it myself so I can't give an opinion.
A missive from the desk of Kylekin, Prince of Nhaeroth, Land of the Setting Sun

8th ed stats (W/L/D)
DE: 1/0/0
DoC: 2/1/0
Empire: 0/1/0
WoC: 0/1/0
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

There are two now

Call of Warhammer and Sundering: Rise of the Witch king

both on this page at TWC

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556

I have played battle March and it is not a very good game.
"Luck is the residue of design"