The Dark Princess Returns (sort of...)

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Darkprincess69
Slave on the Altar

The Dark Princess Returns (sort of...)

Post by Darkprincess69 »

Hi girls & guys;

I've been away from the forum for a few years but now I'm back, but I can't access my original account on here as I've forgotten my old password and no longer have access to the email account that I used to register back in december 2003. Hopefully one of the mods in here can help me reactivate the old account so that I can get back into the swing of things :)

If a mod can PM me then maybe we can see if it's going to be possible to reactivate my account. If not I'll have to stick with this new one...

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a look around the forums to see what's been happening in the last 4 or 5 years however long it's been since I posted in here :)
Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nightmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever

All Hail Slaanesh!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: The Dark Princess Returns (sort of...)

Post by Calisson »

Hello, and welcome back!
Please PM Daeron and myself, and please provide your old avatar name and your current email, we will see what we can do.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Darkprincess69
Slave on the Altar

Post by Darkprincess69 »

Thanks very much. I did just try to send a PM but it wouldn't let me as it said I'd only just registered and that I had to participate more before I could send messages. Oh well, maybe I'll try again in a couple of days :)

All Hail Slaanesh!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

IIRC, there is a setting preventing a slave on the altar to send a PM.
Once you reached 3 posts, you should be able to send the PM.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Darkprincess69
Slave on the Altar

Post by Darkprincess69 »

OK thank you, I'll give it another try :)

All Hail Slaanesh!
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

...what's been happening in the last 4 or 5 years
*Tumble weed enters, stage left. Tumble weed slowly rolls across center stage. Tumble weed exits, stage right. End scene.*

Yip, now you're pretty much up to speed. Welcome back :)
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Darkprincess69
Slave on the Altar

Post by Darkprincess69 »

Yeah it certainly seems a lot quieter in here these days :(
What happened? Was it all the Age of Sigmar stuff that killed the buzz here (it kind of did for me, but our group still plays 6th edition WFB anyway with a bunch of house rules and bits cherry-picked from other sources) or is it the anti-fan rhetoric coming out of GW these days that's caused it?

Either way a lot of the people I used to interact with regularly in here don't seem to have been active for a few years either :(

All Hail Slaanesh!
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Age of Sigmar was the catalyst, sadly.

There was a lot of argumentation in the run up to its launch about whether or not D.Net would survive losing the core game that fueled interest in the site. I was one of the doomsayers, who was contradicted by lots of positivists who claimed that the site would adapt and the userbase would not only remain but would even grow. Sadly, I was proven right. Within about a year, almost all traffic had dwindled to almost nothing.

There were some gallant efforts by some of the mods and more active posters to retain interest - including by posting discussion threats that encouraged input and discussion - but these floundered and ultimately stopped.

Now, the only posts seem to come from the occasional new player who wants help with a list and some guy who posts long-winded (and presumably posted to every Warhammer and table-top gaming site he can find, not just D.Net) posts about things relating to Chaos Dwarfs or even just random history.

My understanding is that quite a lot of folk moved across to the 9th Age Forum and perhaps you can find more activity there.

That all being said, part of the bigger issue is that forums as a form of communication are dying. Many younger people find them too ponderous compared to things like Discord or even just regular social media. So, yes, AoS dealt D.Net a mortal wound, but its failure to stagger on for longer can be partially attributed to the dying of forums as a whole.
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman