Firstly, let me introduce myself...

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Sinthoras
Slave on the Altar

Firstly, let me introduce myself...

Post by Sinthoras »

I am Geek. Not the most inventive user name, but hey I'll try and keep the creativity for my army.

I've been very fond of the WFB world / background since I was a kid, and after a long absence from any real gaming I've decided I wanted to get back into the hobby properly. Back in the day I had a dwarf army that saw little actual game time, but from the games I did get, I do remember they were pretty slow. Even though I do still like the bearded fellows, I wanted something with a bit more variety this time round. With the new DE book released last year, it seemed the perfect choice.

Not sure how I will build my army yet, but as indicated movement is quite important. I was thinking of maybe an advance scouting party that's been abandoned by the main force following a failed campaign. This would probably be a mounted force mainly (cold ones, dark riders, warlocks). The leader of this army will be an arrogant young noble, bitter and resentful at being discarded, and in their isolation away from naggaroth, has fostered delusions of his own superiority. He now leads his band around the old world looking for an artifact that he believes came to him in a vision and would grant him the power to overthrow the witchking himself (clearly he has kept these details to himself). I think this should be in keeping with the DE mentality (ambitious/malicious/vengeful/deceitful/arrogant etc).

There are other models I would love to include, but not sure how they would fit in to the above theme, particularly the Sisters of Slaughter.

Anyway enough rambling, I'm meant to be working. Any advice / tips would be more than welcome, and gratefully received.
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: Firstly, let me introduce myself...

Post by Amboadine »

Hello and welcome. You will find many a good idea and a lot advice here.
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Welcome to the site mate! Take a look around, lots to see & read.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0
Sinthoras
Slave on the Altar

Post by Sinthoras »

Amboadine and Fallen, thank you for the welcome messages. I will indeed browse the site a lot, doubtless picking up loads of tips along the way.