Hello everyone!

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Isolde
Slave on the Altar

Hello everyone!

Post by Isolde »

Hello! I,m isolde. Nice to meet you!
I was a chaos general at 4th edition (warriors/demons/beastmen together: so cool <3), when a personal issue forced me to leave (i keep only a Bloodthirster and Egrimm Van Horstmann) .
Many years later, while talking with friends, we decided to return to this hobbie. I want something different than chaos, so i choose Dark Elves.
Looking at websites i've noticed that things changed a lot (msu? two towers? what??), so i have much to learn XD.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by Daeron »

Hey Isolde! Welcome to the coolest race (and community) of the game.

So many thing to learn eh? Well then! Let's start with a few pointers!
- MSU: it stands for Multiple Small Units. It's a special way to play the game. It has great potential, but it's a challenge.
- Two Towers: it is a nick name for a style of army list including 2 Cauldrons of Blood, Bloodwrack Shrines or one of each. It's usually paired with a notable combat infantry unit for each tower. It's a powerful kind of list, but with a heavy cost in the two main combat units.
- Chaos: it'ss the collective name for inferior species, which can only be given a purpose in their existence if we give it to them.
- Friends: people one has temporarily allied with. They can have a purpose too... if we give it to them.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Sure we can help you find what you need.
Let us know if you have any specific questions straight up, and to answer the first couple.

MSU - Multiple small units, lists that have as alot of mobility, and a large number of small units, but on the counter side are extremely fragile if used recklessly.

Two Towers - Used to described army list using a mix of two of the following Cauldrons of Blood (CoB) or BloodWrack shrines (BWS).

For information Saintofm is just starting to put together a list of common terms and phrases.

http://druchii.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=74913

Edit - Beaten to it by Daeron.
xFallenx
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by xFallenx »

Hello & welcome.
Oct 2013-Current: 3-2-0