Hello

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

jb1
Slave (off the Altar)

Hello

Post by jb1 »

Hello,
John Here (jb1). I am not new to Warhammer, but I am also not an "old hand" at playing it. I first got into WH about 1997 never played it then but painted up quite a few figs. Just got back into it a couple of years back but played it a lot less than more in that time. I did play WoC most of that time though, but I have had a DE army always itching to go. So, I just picked up the new DE codex about a month ago and I have had about eight games since. I have won two of those and I can say they were against inexperienced players. The other games, well a couple were close and the rest were "Custers :killed: " last stand, me being Custer.
I find that against the old hand players ( I like to call them the "Masters") my lists just don't seem to really match up against theirs, it almost makes it seem like the DEs are broken. To me they have no real strength and toughness characters or units, for the points cost that compare. Any suggestions would be appreciated... :D
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Hello

Post by Daeron »

Welcome!

The Dark Elf army certainly has strengths and would be considered rather powerful... But some units don't work at every point size, some units work better in combinations and some units rely on specific tactics.

What was your list like, and what kind of opponents did you face? What kind of playstyle are you looking for?
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Hello and welcome.
Plenty of experience here to help you on your way, post your lists and question and I have no doubt you will get the guidance you are after.
Saintofm
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Saintofm »

Howdy. Let us know if you need any advice or feel free to go through the old threads.
Who needs sanity? I have a Hydra