Blast from the Past!

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Maggotcarrier
Slave on the Altar

Blast from the Past!

Post by Maggotcarrier »

Greetings Ladies and Gentlenerds!

I know that is weird (and i dont know if anybody in the history of forums ever did this) but i already registered 2012 and barely posted anything and then not at all for 3 years lol.
Now i think it´s time for a proper introduction!

I have absolutely no experience with playing warhammer but i wouldnt consider myself a noob either. i have been interested in it for years and always checked new releases etc. i also enjoy watching battle reports on youtube or reading army books.i also read a lot about army lists on all kinds of forums. i think iam more interested in painting than actually playing but here nobody plays warhammer in this city, not even 40k (maybe i can make some people start it)

So why dark elves? i always liked dark elves from traditional d&s plus like the pirate theme. iam not interested in tournaments so i am mostly interested in getting models i like that atleast sometimes win. usually i go onto a shopping spree if i want something but iam holding back on warhammer because its too easy to waste money on stuff.

So far i have 20 corsairs, 20 crossbowmen and 5 cold one knights (that was some custom dark elf starter pack at some online shop). like the cold one knights aswell even though they dont look piratish to me. plan is to model everything for a shooty look as possible, so everybody looking at them will be like " holy , that is a lot of arrows!" i only assembled the corsairs so far, all with handbows because........ shooting! next will be the crossbowmen.......IT´S CROSSBOWMEN NOT DARKSHARDS THAT NAME IS HORRIBLE!

Not much potential for wrong choices yet i think, what do you think are must-haves for some shooty looking raiders army? my guess: bolt throwers!
also i dont know how much of everything for 2000 points but time will tell...

So much geek stuff, so little time....
anyways , see you around and lucky dice
I am not a geek, iam a level 28 corsair!
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Re: Blast from the Past!

Post by Amboadine »

Welcome finally to the forum. Glad you decided to start posting again.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Best to wait a few weeks before any shopping spree.

Welcome (back) to the Dark Side! :twisted:
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Praetorian1979
Corsair

Post by Praetorian1979 »

welcome back, as T.D said best wait, there are some changes upcoming with the 9th edition.

For shooting, and still being pirately I would imagen you can safely look at some Dark Riders. I've seen some nice conversions where some had corsairs-like riders with nets to capture the enemy and all.. looked very neat. And for shooting, oh the Dark Riders does that nicely.
Last edited by Praetorian1979 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walk in the light and live not in fear. For We are brothers, our blood ligates us and holds us to our deeds.

Pictures of my little dark elves army: http://s195.photobucket.com/user/xPraet ... /Warhammer
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

RHB Corsairs are said to work fine in two settings:
10 RHB, muso, as a taunting unit, for the fun,
or
30 RHB, FC, as a horde, for the nice sound of stand and shooting.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}