Big Hello

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Crowsfoot
Trainee Warrior

Big Hello

Post by Crowsfoot »

Hi guys,

I'm mostly a painter but recently started playing AOS with my 8 year old son, started with Lizardmen but I'm slowly building a collection of Dark elves.

I'm 45 and live in the uk.

Cheers

Crowsfoot
Checkout my Lizardmen and others Here
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Big Hello

Post by Daeron »

Awesome! Welcome aboard! Let us know about the games with your son and how you introduced him to the hobby.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Hello and welcome to the forum.
anthalont
Shade

Post by anthalont »

Hello and welcome!
Please do share with us your hobby related adventures with your son:)
Crowsfoot
Trainee Warrior

Post by Crowsfoot »

Daeron wrote:Awesome! Welcome aboard! Let us know about the games with your son and how you introduced him to the hobby.

Long story but here goes,

I started at 13 and painted nearly every night after school at 19 my girlfriend (now wife) went to Liverpool Uni and I went over every weekend and always popped into GW.

We went in one week and The Golden Demon award posters were up with a few display models scattered around the store, my girlfriend commented on how they were not as good as mine I disagreed and said mine were rubbish but agreed to do an entry.

I did a diorama which won best in shop and a place at the finals, we travelled down to Derby for the final but the shop manager had left my model behind, I was gutted and wrote to GW and soon after stopped my first love.

Some 23 years later my son spotted white dwarf magazine and then on my 45th birthday my wife (bless her x) got me a goblin shaman and painting starter set.

6 months on and I now have around 200 Lizardmen, 300 Dark elves, 100 Ogres (my son's army, beastly) and I have just started falling for the Khorne AOS mob, which I have bought.

Nearly finished my Lizardmen and am now slowly working on my Druchii and Khorne in between messing around with Ogres and now Orcs!

Long story but a bit of background on me :)
Checkout my Lizardmen and others Here
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Welcome such an experience to D.net!
We will appreciate sharing more.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}