It's great to be here!

Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a little about your journey to the land of the Dark Elves...

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Arzarthanian
Slave on the Altar

It's great to be here!

Post by Arzarthanian »

Hello, all!
Full disclosure, I never played WHF. I saw it being played, and for a long time I wanted to but I couldn't afford to. Years passed, there is no local gaming scene in my city and no FLGS carried the range so it slowly moved out of my radar. I own a copy of The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade and of the three The Sundering books, so the Druchii were never completely forgotten.
A few months away I was notified that, due to a very convoluted and absurd situation, I had over a decade's worth of Dark Elf models waiting for me to pick up, from between 2004 and 2014. It took a while due to the current lockdown measures, but two weeks ago I was finally able to go and collect them.
I am now in possession of literally hundreds (202 as of my last count) of miniatures waiting to be painted, and very little idea where to begin.
which is how I ended here, I've been looking for resources and information, as if I'm going to start on such a large-scale project I might as well go all-in and make adequate terrain. I found the amazing build of the Dark Elf ship and so here I am. And I'm very happy to be here.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: It's great to be here!

Post by Calisson »

Welcome Arzarthanian to Druchii.net.
Unfortunately the site doesn't have anymore the activity it once had, but you will find in the Painting and Modeling section some help.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

Welcome to Druchii.net, and if you are interested in a very lively and active forum of DE players, I can recommend the https://www.the-ninth-age.com/ where they are called the Dread Elves.
Nevertheless, this still contains so much epic pictures and blogs, so keep enjoying. But if you are looking for a living community that enables you to play your miniatures and get active feedback on the painting, Ninth Age will be of great use!
Arzarthanian
Slave on the Altar

Post by Arzarthanian »

Thank you both. I know I'm arriving late to the party, but after a quick tour of the forum I've seen so many great references and comments that I think I'll be able to find most of, if not everything, that I'm looking for here.
I will also join the 9th Age forum, thank you for that reference.
Bobba Looba
Corsair

Post by Bobba Looba »

Welcome Arzarthanian,

I feel the same thing, about coming late to the party. After finally deciding to start up the hobby again after many years, I came here a couple of months ago only to learn about the changes that were made to the game and the discontinuation of Dark Elves.
Real shame as you can see by the content of all these threads how alive the community once was.

Glad there are still some people around to answer questions!