Need info on Druchii Events.

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Interrogator_chaplain
Slave on the Altar

Need info on Druchii Events.

Post by Interrogator_chaplain »

Greetings, before I begin I have come from the foul 41st millenium to your estimed homeland seeking information.

There is a writing contest being held by the Black Library for a fantasy anthology coming out, I have been waiting for something like this for years because well, I just love warhammer altogether and jumped at this chance, but, I'm not as knowing as you would be on the subject of the Dark Elves- the Druchii.

I would love to know about any particular Dark Elf "Holidays" or in particular any "Witching Nights". Anything you could give me on these subjects or on a simple free roaming Elfs' lifestyle would be absolutely awesome.

When I can secure some info and write up a summary and introduction to the piece, you wonderful people (Elves) will be the first to know, and should I make it passed the first round I will post my finished work.

Thanks in advance.
Interrogator_Chaplain.
A man behind the magic.
Blood shade
Executioner

Post by Blood shade »

you ought to buy the darkblade novels and the dark elf army book for some fluff
Why orcs have such low initiative:

"Hold still! Me aimin'."
Konrad von richtmark
Beastmaster

Post by Konrad von richtmark »

In the Dark Elf 6th edition armybook, two festivals are mentioned. Death Night, and The Harvest of Souls.

Death Night is a night of the year when Khaine culls the weak. Frenzied, drugged witch elves roam the streets of every major city, breaking into houses and killing maniacally. Obviously, common citizens lock themselves in and arm themselves to the teeth. The witch elves kill anyone they can, except for infants, who are taken to the Temple of Khaine, and thrown into the Cauldron of Blood. Those few who survive the Cauldron are trained to be witch elves or assassins.

The Harvest of Souls is another feast of Khaine, though one the common citizen actually can enjoy. It's a huge slave-sacrifice-fest, with noble houses competing with each other for who brings the most slaves to the party, thus showing their wealth, power and devotion. After the sacrifice, the slaves are flayed and all the skins from the same noble house are sewn together, to measure the donation. The greatest donors gain the favour of the Temple of Khaine, including being overlooked on Death Night.

That's how the dark pixies celebrate their holidays.
Unless you already figured out, I play Empire. And I like spearelves.

Read The collected tales of Khorandras the Fallen
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Hello, in order to help you with the fluff you want, you can always check the sticky on this forum that has several links to "our" fluff. I think it's the best I can tell you :)
Interrogator_chaplain
Slave on the Altar

I've got no time to buy any books because I live around a city hobby shop that doesn't have any books, plus I need to come up with a captivating plot and an overall mood. I've never actually played or know much about Dark Elves but have always wanted to write about them. This is my chance and I remebered your site from an article in white dwarf, and naturally knew you guys would be the ones to come to.

Also what is Druchii architechture like, I know that alot of buildings are slender and swordlike and end in points. Anything else you could tell me would be great.
A man behind the magic.
Mornar shethurith
Malekith's Speechwriter
Location: Probably throwing electronics around the room in frustration.

Post by Mornar shethurith »

I believe that on the Harvest of Souls, dark elf children stand at the door of the temples so that the Witches can hand them the heads of the flayed slaves. Then, the kiddos hold a race to see who can stick their head on a battlement spike first.
"Life is just getting ready to stay dead for a long time."
--Addie Bundren, As I Lay Dying
Heldrak
Renegade Priest of Vaul

Post by Heldrak »

The witch elves kill anyone they can, except for infants, who are taken to the Temple of Khaine, and thrown into the Cauldron of Blood. Those few who survive the Cauldron are trained to be witch elves or assassins.

The Witch Elves throw male infants into the Cauldron Of Blood, the female infants kidnapped are raised to be Witch Elves...
I've got no time to buy any books because I live around a city hobby shop that doesn't have any books, plus I need to come up with a captivating plot and an overall mood.

Anything that would be available from a well-stocked hobby shop should be available online direct from GW.
Interrogator_chaplain
Slave on the Altar

Anything that would be available from a well-stocked hobby shop should be available online direct from GW.

I've got no time to order anything and read it , because Iplan to enter the Black Library Fan Fiction Contest and entries must be in by the end of July. I just ain't got the time for it so am running off what you fine folks (bloodthirsty assassins) give me to go on.

Thanks

P.S. Please help me out on what their acrhitechture looks like, a good description of a main street would be great.
A man behind the magic.
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Well, as I said, check the links on the sticky of this forum:

Articles of the CoP

Read these and you'll get A LOT of insight and knowledge of the society of the Dark Elves. It's worth the read, I promise.