Salvation (NC fluff)

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Fingol23
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Fingol23 »

Ares watched from his room as the Druchii and Asur forces exchanged volleys. Ares knew that unless they could find some way to replenish their dwindling supplies both ammunition and rations would soon run scarce. The problem was that they were completely cut off by the Asur forces. What they needed was another way out. Ares considered the options. The Asur had both ground and air blockaded. What about underground Ares wondered. An old city must have sewers he reasoned and these sewers must run outside the city. At the very least they should be guarded against any attack by the Asur.
He turned from the window and began to don his armour. While he was absorbed by the task Diana emerged behind him. “Are you preparing for battle my love?” She asked curiously.
“Merely going for a little explore, interested?” He responded smiling.
“Of course,” replied the sorceress breaking into a grin, “When do we leave?”
WIP First War Against Chaos Expansion
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t= ... e7da5c4719

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Skills: Basic Stealth
Items: Short Sword, Repeater Crossbow, Shade Cloak
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

“We’ll need some men.” He said buckling on his sword belt.
“That can be arranged.” She responded pulling on a studded leather jerkin.
“Who have you got in mind?” He inquired gathering up the quarrels for his repeater crossbow.
“A few, shall we say unique characters.” She answered fastening the clasp on her cloak. Briefly she stood in front of the extravagant mirror propped against the wall, admiring how her smooth milk white legs and face contrasted with the sombre colours of her jerkin and cloak. Behind her Ares whistled appreciatively. Smiling she gestured towards the door, “Shall we or do you merely want to stand their staring all day.”
“Of course after you Diana.” He answered eloquently ushering her through.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Flameseeker574
Dark Rider

Post by Flameseeker574 »

hey, I would also like to say that I'm still reading and think that your fluff is exellent. Its too bad that i didnt finish my fluff in time so that it could be included in the main storyline.
Step 1: Find a High Elf
Step 2: Find a preferably sharp object
Step 3: ???
Step 4: 3 Pieces!

my characters
rules
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=609716#609716
fluff
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=50387
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

Thanks I will try to post more soon

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

The ‘unique characters’ turned out to be a mixed bunch that definitely deserved their epithet. They had been recruited only after trawling through the several bars and places of ill repute that had sprung up throughout the citadel despite the ongoing conflict.
Apart from Ares and Diana there were eight members of their group who all had distinctive and useful traits. The majority were members of the Manflayers and they were led by Mengil himself. Ares was secretly uncomfortable in the presence of Mengil who was a renowned psychopath even among the Druchii. Diana however seemed to be completely at ease with the lunatic and Ares wondered if this was from sheer audacity or whether she thought she held some advantage over the mercenary. Adding diversity to this group were two very different individuals, the first was a fairly young member of Rackeith’s brides names Saphira who had all ready developed a reputation as a trickster and formidable swordmistriss, if one with a slightly unorthodox technique. She wore specially modified greaves and vambraces which had been sharpened into blades on their upper edges meaning that in combat her limbs became as deadly as her twin swords. Apart from these greaves and vambraces she fought unarmoured and was completely unrestricted by heavy steel or rigid leather.
The second was an accomplished thief who had sold his trade too many nobles in Naggaroth until the amount of bounties placed upon his head put his survival in doubt. Gathering his profits from his various conquests he had latched onto Rackeith’s force and had proved invaluable in bypassing many of the locks and wards which protected some of the more ancient chambers within Tor Thana. Ares hoped his skill would be of use in the catacombs beneath the city. He was also an accomplished fighter and it was rumoured more than one assassin had met his end at the elderly elf’s hand.
The party was seated in a table at one of the shabbier flesh houses within Tor Thana. It was Mengil who spoke first asking the question to which they all wanted the answer, “Why have you called us and why here and not in the council room?” Ares opened his mouth to respond but Mengil cut across him, “Of course we already know the answer to the second question don’t we? You’re acting behind Rackeith’s back and not on his orders. This lady you’re sitting with wouldn’t happen to be Rackeith’s daughter would it. I wonder if he knows you’re running around with his daughter. I hear he has a mighty temper and I wouldn’t like to be you when he finds out.”
Diana leaned towards Mengil providing him with a view of her cleavage, “Oh he won’t find out Mengil you can be sure of that.” She whispered in honeyed tones as she reached out to caress the mercenary’s cheek.
With typically elfin reflexes Mengil slapped the hand away, “Look biatch if I want sex I can get it from somewhere like this so don’t try it, what I want is money and fresh skin for my cloak, this one is getting a bit past it.” Mengil smiled as he flourished his cloak which was made from the skins of unfortunates from all over the Old World and beyond. “I want one hundred gold for me and twenty each for my men, oh and first right to any loot we may find.”
Ares answered quickly, “Eighty gold for you, fifteen for your men and second pick of the loot, I get priority.”
For a moment Mengil considered the offer before responding, “We have a deal.”
Ares shook the mercenary’s proffered hand as he issued one last warning, “No word of this leaves our lips understood?”
Mengil laughed his heartless chilling laugh, “As long as you pay me I will keep your secrets young Druchii. Now if you excuse me I must prepare.” With that the mercenary and his men took their leave concluding the meeting.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Intresting developmet, I am always a litty shy of using famus figures in the warhammer world in my writing but then again little has been writion about Mengils actual individul exploits.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

He has been mentioned in passing before in the story but this is the first time he has actually appeared as a character

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

The group met armed for war at one of the many entries to Tor Thana’s extensive sewer system. Several carried torches and they formed a ring around Callisthenes the lock pick. Tension lay heavy in the air as the group waited with bated breath for the lock to open.
A minute later there was a clink as the lock fell open and dropped to the floor. Quickly two of the Manflayers rushed forward and removed the heavy metal grille that barred their path. Without further pause the party entered the sewers with Ares taking the lead, Mengil acting as rearguard and Diana and Callisthenes positioned in the centre of the small group. The tunnel moved deeper and drops of water fell from the roof. As they got deeper the channel they were walking down picked up pace and strength as it was fed by numerous auxiliary channels. This combined with the poor visibility made the footing truly dangerous for the Druchii. More than once one of them almost slipped and had to be rescued by their comrades.
After at least half an hour of slow progress Ares thought he could make out the end of tunnel as it ran into a much larger sewer. He unslung Lifetaker, his enchanted repeater crossbow, and signalled for the party to be alert before he moved stealthily towards the end of the tunnel followed by the rest of the warband. He emerged into the main sewer and quickly scanned it for possible threats but saw none. It was only when the entire warband had left the supply tunnel that the enemy revealed themselves. Hundreds of pairs of red eyes blinked into existence completely surrounding the Druchii. Several foes even appeared within the tunnel the party had travelled down.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

The Druchii reacted instinctively forming a tight circle and levelling their crossbows at the horde. Suddenly a flare of dazzling light exploded from Diana’s hands and illuminated the creatures which surrounded the Druchii. Ares swore, they were hideous mutants, rat and human blended into one, Skaven. There were at least a hundred of them completely filling the sewer. As they recovered from the blinding light the skaven threw themselves towards the intruders.
“Sa’an’ishar!” Bellowed Ares as the skaven rushed towards them. Immediately his men responded and those with crossbows unleashed a deadly volley into the heart of the enemy. At such close range and against such huge numbers every bolt hit its target and dozens of skaven were brought down as volley after volley crashed into them. It was soon apparent that crossbows alone wouldn’t be able to hold off the hoard as the skaven were almost within sword reach. Bellowing a war cry Ares unsheathed his sword and leapt into the ranks of skaven hacking and stabbing at the seething throng that surrounded him. He caught glimpses of the rest of the Druchii through momentary lulls in the combat. Saphira slaughtered droves of skaven with her twin blades, her naked body covered in skaven blood as she decapitated yet another rat-man. Diana incinerated a clutch of skaven with an ebony bolt of magic before concussing a rat-man with a blow from her staff. Mengil and his men had abandoned their great weapons in favour of short knives which they used with deadly skill to cut down skaven after skaven.
Even so it seemed that they would eventually be overwhelmed as nearly every Druchii was wounded in some way. Desperation threatened to overwhelm Ares and he threw himself at the skaven in a near frenzy. He screamed as a spear pierced his thigh, desperately he hacked down the skaven responsible before drawing the weapon from his leg and hurling it into the face of a rat-man who had tried to catch him unawares. Suddenly he a corpse at his feet rose slowly to its feet. Ares backed away fear clutching at his heart. The corpse did not attack however but clubbed a skaven to the ground which in turn rose again to attack its still living comrades. The heavy sent of musk filled the air and the skaven turned to flee disappearing back into the warren of tunnels that made up the sewers of Tor Thana. The reanimated skaven crumbled to dust as a shrill cry pierced the air, Ares looked round in time to see Diana collapse. He rushed over to her and checked for a pulse, yes it there was a pulse, weak but there. Ares had seen this before when magic users drained themselves of power in some cases it was fatal but luckily not for Diana.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

It took just under half an hour for Diana to recover and the warband spent that time tending to their wounds and watching the shadows for any sign of the skaven. Ares was impressed with the sense of calm that surrounded Mengil as he methodically moved with corpse to corpse skinning each one as he went.
Finally Diana came round and Ares hastened to her. He was surprised to find that instead of signs of overwhelming fatigue her eyes sparkled with vitality and passion. She quickly rose to her feet before addressing Ares, “Did I miss anything?”
“Not really darling. Are you feeling alright?” He asked taken aback.
“Of course shall we continue?” She responded breezily.
“Diana you were just unconscious don’t you think we should...”
“I told you I’m fine.” Diana answered a sharp tone entering into her voice as she gestured at the sewer which the skaven had fled down. Without further pause she set off down the tunnel conjuring a ball of fire which floated about ten metres in front of her illuminating what was ahead. Bemused by her quick recovery Ares and the rest of the warband fell in to step behind her.
The tunnel was littered with discarded weapons and armour along with the occasional body which the rat men had discarded as they fled from the Druchii warband. They had gone just over a hundred metres when the tunnel branched into two. Cursing Ares called a halt and gestured at two of the Manflayers, “I want you two to check both tunnels for signs of the skaven and then report back to me.” The two mercenaries glanced towards Mengil who nodded his assent, without further pause the two Druchii ghosted down the passage almost immediately disappearing from sight. Ares however had not failed to notice the subtle sign that the Manflayers viewed Mengil as a higher authority than himself. The grin that spread across Mengil’s face when he noticed Ares’ displeasure was, in Ares’ opinion, like that of one of Khaine’s Brides when presented with a slaaneshi cultist.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I see Diana is making good use of her necromantic skills. This remindeds me that I should realy start writing again.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Fingol23

Post by Fingol23 »

The group waited impatiantly for the scouts to return. Mengil and his men sat in a huddle apart from the rest of the group occasianly bursting out into laughter at some foul joke. Ares constanly scanned both the tunnels for any signs of the scouts returning unable to shake a sense of impending disaster. Diana however seemed to have no such reservations and was chatting amicably with Saphira while the theif Callisthenes had drawn a small knife which he tossed into the ir letting it revolve once before catching.
Finally the scouts returned and the warband readied themselves to move once more. After a brief discussion with his two men Mengil walked over to Ares, "It seems the skaven took the left fork, do we follow or did you have something else in mind?"
"We follow them and find out what buisness they have beneath our city. Your scouts can lead the way Mengil." Ordered Ares in no mood for further pause. Mengil bowed in assent and signalled for the scouts to take the lead as the group set off once more. As they walked the sense of approaching disaster continued to grow on Ares and he had to struggle to keep his face impassive.
After barely two minutes of walking an onimous click echoed down the tunnel causing the group to halt. As Ares signalled for the warband to continue an explosion of noise erupted from the shadows at the end of the tunnel and it was lit by strobes of yellow light. The two scouts were killed instantly their bodies shredded by heavy callibre shells. Cursing Ares threw himself into cover as the tunnel filled with hot lead.

WS3 / S3 / T3 / D4 / I5