[Arena of Death] The Tomb of Xuculkhan

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Aryel
Slave on the Altar

Post by Aryel »

Dark Knight wrote:Highborn Khaitan Darkheart challenges the lesser elf called Ruppert, Lord of Buffalos. (unless he has been challenged already ofc)

Lets beat those pitiful lesser elves together Tareq! :D

"Mommy, mommy, can I challenge that filthy asur?"

You see an Asur walking, thinking in his own bussiness and you run to challenge him in a deadly duel. You druchiis are so predictable.

You really don't have nothing better to do? like starting a french coussine course, or something? :P

Well, i could use the exersise, Tyrion is taking care of all of you and he never leaves a single Druchii alive to entretain ourselves... so, righto... ehem... "I, Lord Ruppert, Lord of Buffalos, Reaver Kinght of Tor Elyr, accept the challenge... druchii scum"

;)
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Duels of Round I:

Dorian Gray (DarkHand6) vs. Ellesar Palintir (norwegian_nerd)
Khaitan Darkheart (Dark Knight) vs. Ruppert, Lord of Buffalos (Aryel)
Jorg the Grotesquely Fat (Burro Buskov) vs. Captain Franz Ramsay (-Sentinel-)
Warboss Korgutz (Groltag) vs. Jorgrim Stonehammer (Shadow Dark)
Lia’Gorr the Blessed (lordofthenight) vs. Lord Keel the Plagued (lathian)
Nigel D. Squirrel (Lord of Nonsensical Crap) vs. Tepitza the Avenger (ThaneofFife)
Grungi Gutsplitter (Gruchul) vs. Varsenlash Skrilsore (Carvon)
Big Bully Belly Bob (Andruilius) vs. Illidan Hellforge (Illidan Hellforge)
Magnus the Tank (Nagathi) vs. Khrn the Slaughterer (Aurelius)
Tareq Darksoul (Lord Tareq) vs. Valandil Lionheart (Ceejay)
King Radames of Numas (Ramesesis) vs. Klaitoq the Stalker (Slann Lord Chilipepa)
Illiria (Guardian) vs. The Professor & Thwarg (Luc Arkhame)
Hanzin Lorrdhe (aneutralshadeofblack) vs. Plaguelord Morkowitz (Morkskittar)
Otl Gor (Prince Asuryan) vs. Beefy McSirloin (Nooodles)
Arrian (Eldacar) vs. Sir Roderic Galduin (NightKnight)
Nathal, Dancer of Shadows (The Golden Arrow) vs. Lord Calumba (Thragka)

Click here for the main thread
Last edited by Cenyu on Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andruillius
Highborn

Post by Andruillius »

Nooooo

We hates the Black Amulet :evil:

Oh, and I believe I am the owner of Bob, not Aryel.

BTW, we're playing with 7th. Ed. Stupid rules, right?
Unofficial and self-appointed ambassador of
www.battleglade.com
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Round I, Fight 1: Dorian Gray vs. Ellesar Palintir (Challenge)

Dorian hated the jungle with a passion. Its many vines and thorns and… plants tore on his expensive clothes and it was full of little insects which stung him and covered his skin with itching little boils. He missed the city. Duelling there was so much more convenient – you only had to walk a few steps into the next best Arena, defeat a dim-witted opponent, be hailed by a roaring crowd and be back for dinner. This expedition, however, was the exact opposite of the duelling in Rezephua. Why had he agreed to join this expedition-which-was-actually-none in the first place? Oh, right, because of the riches. And because he had been rather bored at that time. But now, almost two days worth of travel southwards his mood had changed. Annoyed by the humid and hostile environment he wished he hadn’t taken the journey.
It was getting boring – the first few Kroxigors and Carnosaurs had added a bit of variety to the marching but slaying them had soon lost its fascination – with nobody witnessing Dorian’s elegant swordplay and witty remarks the fights kind of missed their main point. Dorian drew forth the amulet he had received from beneath his shirt and stared at the elaborate piece of jewelry – the talisman was shaped in the form of a tiny silver fist which held a perfect violet gem the size of Grey’s thumbnail. If one looked really close a small black blemish in the middle of the jewel could be distinguished which inexplicably seemed to waver in its crystalline confines.
Dorian shrugged. The sophisticated and fascinating lady in black back in the Pit had told something about magical protection he would encounter in the Tomb and which the amulet would help overcome. So it was a magical talisman and of course HAD to look a bit impressive, right? The damn Tomb! It had to appear rather soon or Dorian would simply turn back. He half-heartedly hacked at a wall of vines blocking his way when his sword glanced back from a hard resistance. Dorian looked closer and as he brushed away the vines he uncovered an overgrown Lizardmen waystone.
The eroded half-relief showed a toad-like creature surrounded by a line of glyphs Grey failed to comprehend. The amulet however seemed to respond to this discovery and wormed a single whispered word into his mind: Xuculkhan. Disturbed by the unwelcome sensation Dorian rocked back – he really hated being disturbed in his own world of thoughts, especially by magical doodads.
He angrily stared at the pendant when he noticed a flash of white from the corner of his eyes. He turned around, quickly regaining his poise and haughty attitude. An audience, at last! Before him stood a tall Elf, clad in shining white robes which partly covered a polished ithilmar armour.
Wait… shining? And polished? How come the newcomer wasn’t covered in grime and sweat like Dorian? That was just not fair. Then Grey recognized the helmet – with feather wings, by Shallya, no wonder the High Elves were a dying race considering this fashion sense – it was the Elf he had challenged in the Arena. He had almost forgotten about it but at least the Asur seemed to have remembered it.
“I am Ellesar Palintir from Ulthuan. Surrender the amulet to atone for your insult and I will spare your life.” The Elf spoke in a calm voice, his right hand casually caressing the pommel of a well-made longsword dangling from its belt sheath.
“I bet you mean what you say!” Dorian laughed, his spirits roused by the prospect of a duel – even considering the lack of publicity.
“But please understand that I cannot give away this trinket to somebody with such a terrible taste. If you really want it you will have to fight for it.” Dorian chuckled, teasing his opponent.
Ellesar nodded slowly, seemingly untouched by the taunt.
“Then you will have to die.” Before Dorian could formulate another insult Palintir’s sword flashed out of its sheath in the blink of a second and lashed at Dorian – but cleft hit empty air instead of burying into the neck of Grey. Palintir tried to adapt to the lightning-quick change of position of his enemy and reversed his swing to strike at Dorian’s abdomen but Grey’s sword flickered forth and scored a shallow wound across the Elf’s back, his saber piercing the Ithilmar with ease and dotting Ellesar’s cloak with crimson. The Swordmaster recovered quickly and jumped back, assuming a defensive stance. Dorian whooped with joy and dashed forward to deliver another humiliating small wound to Ellesar but this time the Elf was the one who had foreseen the attack. Batting Grey’s lighter sabre aside with his heavier blade he opened a wide gap in the human’s defense and with a quick reverse stroke his sword bit into Dorian’s belly, cutting through his fine clothes and burying deep into his intestines. Yet no gush of blood surged forth as Ellesar had expected – in fact the impaled human grinned at him despite being pretty much eviscerated. A glint of shock appeared in the Swordmaster’s eyes and Dorian began to laugh heartily at the surprise of his opponent.
“You did not think I would let myself allow to die against such a lame stereotypical goodie two shoes like you, would you?” He raised his blade to retaliate on the Swordmaster whose weapon was still trapped in Grey’s guts. “Any last corny words, my unlucky friend? At least you can say that you were beaten by Dorian Grey, the b…” Ellesar mustered all his strength and pulled his sword upwards with both hands. The ithilmar edge cut through vertebrae and ribs in a red arc and cleft through Gray’s collarbone, setting it free. On its way through Dorian’s torso it severed the small leather thread holding the amulet and catapulted it into the air. A few droplets of blood – much too few to be shed by a normal human – accompanied it and sizzled as they sloshed against the crystal.
“…” Dorian collapsed to the ground, dumbfounded. His body began to vanish quickly, leaving only a pile of rent clothes where he had fallen.
Ellesar suspiciously poked the pile with his longsword and shrugged, then knelt down to pick up the amulet.
“Asur fashion is timeless, you human jackass.” he murmured before continuing his way past the glyphstone.

Ellesar Palintir prevails!

Documentation:

Code: Select all

WS S T W I A AS WS
Dorian   10 5 4 3 6 4 2+ 5+
Mount     3 3     3
Ellesar   7 7 3 3 8 4 3+ 5+

Round 1: Both duelists strike simultaneously.
Dorian strikes with Birthsword.
4 attacks hitting on 3s: 1,3,4,6.
3 hits wounding on 2s: 2,2,5.
3 wound caused.
Armour save of 3+ modified to 5+ due to strength: 2,2,5.
Re-roll successful armour save due to Birthsword: 6.
Ward save of 5+: 2,3.
2 unsaved wound caused.
Ellesar has 1 wounds left.
Barded Warhorse strikes.
1 attack hitting on 5: 2.
Missed.
Ellesar strikes with great weapon.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 2,2,5,5.
2 hits wounding on 2s: 2,3.
2 wounds caused.
Armour save of 2+ modified to 6+ due to strength: 3,6.
Ward save of 5+: 5.
No unsaved wound caused.
Round 2: Ellesar strikes first due to initiative.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,2,4,4.
2 hits wounding on 2s: 5,6 (Dorian is immune to killing blow).
2 wounds caused.
Armour save of 2+ modified to 6+ due to strength: 2,3.
Ward save of 5+: 1,3.
2 unsaved wounds caused.
Dorian has 1 wound left.
Dorian strikes with Birthsword.
4 attacks hitting on 3s: 1,1,5,6.
2 hits wounding on 2s: 5,6.
2 wounds caused.
Armour save of 3+ modified to 5+ due to strength: 1,6.
Re-roll successful save due to Birthsword: 5.
Ward save of 5+: 6.
No unsaved wound caused.
Barded Warhorse strikes.
1 attack hitting on 5: 2.
Missed.
Round 3: Ellesar strikes first due to initiative.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,2,6,6.
2 hits wounding on 2s: 2,6 (Dorian is immune to killing blow).
2 wounds caused.
Armour save of 2+ modified to 6+ due to strength: 2,4.
Ward save of 5+: 3,6.
1 unsaved wound caused.
Dorian has 0 wounds left.
Ellesar prevails.
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Round I, Fight 2: Khaitan Darkheart vs. Ruppert, Lord of Buffalos (Challenge)

Ruppert guided Meneloth, his Ellyrian steed through the jungle, intently scanning his path for dangers. The Tomb had to be close and he expected the first hostile encounter any moment.
He was not disappointed. Meneloth broke through the shrubbery onto a small clearing and Ruppert realized within an instant that he had already been expected. A Dark Elf in ornate plate armour atop a black charger confidently stood in the middle of the clearing, his talon-tipped gauntlet pointing at the Asur in a challenging gesture. Malicious energy cackled around the glove, convincing Ruppert of its lethal potential. He steeled his resolve for the encounter with one of cursed sons of Naggaroth and drew his own trusted sword.
“Prepare to die, scum of Ulthuan! Tonight your skull will hang from my saddle and I will drink from your heart to the Lord of Murder! Your death is called Khaitan Darkheart.” The voice of the Druchii rang sibilant through the demon-shaped visor of his helmet.
Ruppert forewent a response and spurred Meneloth in a canter to close the small distance to his enemy. A hissing laughter rose from the Dark Elf who likewise accelerated his horse to meet Ruppert. The Asur aimed a mighty blow at the gorget of Khaitan and put all of his strength into the blow – but as his sword struck down a chilling sensation overcame his arm, draining the strength from it. The foul magic woven into the Druchii’s armour robbed the decapitating blow from its deadliness and so the sword glanced only superficially over the Dark Elf’s neck instead of severing it. In return Khaitan’s ensorcelled fist crashed into Ruppert’s shield – the sheer force of impact knocked him off the saddle. The High Elf crashed heavily on the ground, struggling to recover quickly. With some satisfaction he noticed that his own hit had also unhorsed Darkheart who now was likewise on foot. Neither warrior wanting to grant a quarter to the ancient enemy they dashed at each other. Khaitan had lost his shield after the fall and thus was hard-pressed to evade and block Ruppert’s shield using a mixture of vambraces and the magic of his armour but finally Ruppert managed to use the longer reach of his blade against the gauntlet to score another deep cut across Darkheart’s thigh. The weapon bit into the bone but instead of turning away the Druchii twisted his leg and thus trapped the blade in the wound. Ruppert realized too late that now he was exposed to the terrible might of the enchanted gauntlet of the Dark Elf. He raised his shield in an attempt to block the crackling fist of the Druchii but the weapon simply crashed through the ithilmar as if it was paper, mangling Ruppert’s arm beneath it. The Asur cried out in pain and let go of his sword, stumbling backwards. Khaitan pursued mercilessly and once more the talons of his gauntlet dashed forward, crumpling Ruppert’s breastplate with ease. Darkheart’s gloved hand crashed the Asur’s ribcage and closed around his still-beating heart. Impaled and mortally wounded, Ruppert fell to his knees, coughing up a torrent of blood. The blood-flecked demon helmet of Darkheart before him seemed to mock him and the cruel laughter of the Druchii rang in his ears. Before his sensation yielded to blackness he could not help but notice the pulsating violet crystal around Darkheart's neck which seemed to absorb the blood spattered on it.

Khaitan Darkheart prevails!

Documentation:

WS S T W I A AS WS
Khaitan   7 8 3 3 8 4 2+ -
Mount     3 3     4
Ruppert   7 4 3 3 8 4 2+ 4+
Mount     3 2     4         

Khaitan strikes with Gauntlet.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,2,3,3.
Missed.
Re-roll due to hatred: 1,3,4,6.
2 hits wounding on 2s: 2,6.
2 wounds caused.
Armour save of 2+ overridden.
Ward save of 4+: 3,4.
1 unsaved wound caused.
Ruppert has 2 wounds left.
Khaitan’s steed strikes.
1 attack hitting on 5: 5.
1 hit wounding on 4: 3.
No wound caused.
Ruppert strikes with Sword of Might.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 3,4,5,6.
3 hits wounding on 3s: 2,3,5.
2 wounds caused.
Armour save of 2+ modified to 3+ due to strength: 1,6.
1 unsaved wound caused.
Khaitan has 2 wounds left.
Ruppert’s steed strikes.
1 attack hitting on 5s: 1.
Missed.
Round 2: Khaitan strikes last due to Gauntlet.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 3,4,6,6.
3 hits wounding on 3s: 2,6,6.
2 wounds caused.
Armour save of 2+ modified to 3+ due to strength: 1,5.
1 unsaved wound caused.
Khaitan has 1 wound left.
Ruppert’s steed strikes.
1 attack hitting on 5s: 4.
Missed.
Khaitan’s steed strikes.
1 attack hitting on 5s: 2.
Missed.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,3,4,5.
2 hits wounding on 2s: 3,3.
2 wounds caused.
Ward save of 4+: 1,5
1 unsaved wound caused.
Ruppert has 1 wound left.
Round 3: Khaitan strikes last due to Gauntlet.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 2,5,5,6.
3 hits wounding on 3s: 4,5,6.
3 wounds caused.
Armour save of 2+ modified to 3+ due to strength: 3,3,4.
0 unsaved wounds caused.
Ruppert’s steed strikes.
Missed.
Khaitan’s steed strikes.
Missed.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,5,6,6.
3 hits wounding on 2s: 4,5,5.
3 wounds caused.
Ward save of 4+: 1,2,3
3 unsaved wounds caused.
Ruppert has -2 wounds left.
Khaitan prevails.
Dark knight
Black Guard

Post by Dark knight »

Puh that was near :D He was pretty lucky with the rolls at the beginning, but so was I with the last armour save.

I think I will make an account to the actual forum today and write something about Khaitan there...

Long live Druchii!
Dggrj
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Dggrj »

Why was a high elf lord with a sword of might strength 4 instead of 5?

What mount was he on that was strength 2 instead of 3?
Linda Lobsta Defenda wrote:dggrj is correct
Woot! If it's only ever said once, I couldn't ask for a better person to say it.
Andruillius
Highborn

Post by Andruillius »

You might want to have a peek at the Shield of Ghrond.
www.battleglade.com
Aryel
Slave on the Altar

Post by Aryel »

Wow, that was a close match...

You know, when I saw Dark Knight's character I though I didn't had a chance, but apparently I did better than I hoped.

oh yeah, "I shall have my revenge, druchii scum!" :P

PS: Only 2+ AS... I think or you forgot the shield or I did :?
Andruillius
Highborn

Post by Andruillius »

EDIT: You're completely right - been ages since I killed a Highborn with the Gauntlet. My trust in Cenyu has been reenforced :)
Last edited by Andruillius on Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.battleglade.com
Dark knight
Black Guard

Post by Dark knight »

Gauntle of Power ignores armour saves, even if its -20as
Lord tareq
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tareq »

Would be nice if people first double check before saying something isn't right. It can be quite demotivating for a host if half the posts consist of "you made a mistake" posts that turn out to be wrong.
Now it's been ten thousand years. Man has cried a billion tears.
For what he never knew, now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night. The twinkling of starlight.
So very far away. Maybe it's only yesterday.
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Round I, Fight 3: Jorg the Grotesquely Fat vs. Captain Franz Ramsay (Challenge)

Captain Ramsay traversed the jungle, eagerly expecting an encounter. Well, in fact he was not that eager after what had happened back in Rezephua. From all the warriors who had departed on this journey it had to be a morbidly obese giant who had challenged him. Ramsay’s sense of honour clearly clashed with a natural sense of revulsion in this matter. He had been about to decline the obscene challenge but the constant and unbearable taunting of the fat warrior had made it necessary to accept. Franz frowned – he was not sure what to expect from the upcoming fight. He as interrupted in his thoughts when Bernhard, his steed, whinnied. Snapping back into reality Ramsay noticed that the usual ambient sounds had all but died away and the jungle around him lay silent. In addition a strange, unpleasant smell wafted in the air. Suspecting the worst, Franz drew his sword and urged Bernhard forward. The stench increased and the grizzled Captain could barely restrain from gagging. Soon the source of the odour came into sight.
Jorg the Fat had taken seat on a hollow tree-trunk on a small clearing and… pressed. He accompanied his current activity with a mixture of curses and comments, speaking to nobody in particular. He had obviously not yet noticed Franz.
The ex-mercenary sighed and cleared his throat.
“Get done with whatever you’re doing and fight me, you wretched excuse of a man!”
“Oy! It’s ye! The tiny little man who looked so tasty back in town! Wait a bit. I’m coming right for ye. But first let’s have a smell, alright?”
The giant rose from his improvised seat and bowed over it, fanning to his nostrils.
“Oh, everyone likes their own brand, don't they? Oh, this is magic! Hmmm, wafting, wafting. Ok… analysis. Oh, it smells like carrots in throw-up! Oh that could gag a gnoblar! I smell like hot sick... ass in a dead carcass! Even stink would say that stinks! You know when you go into a barrio and you smell the other guys’ cooking on each floor and you go ‘What are they cookin'?’ That… plus crap!“
Franz felt the bile in his throat rising. “You disgust me. Ready yourself for battle or I slay you on the spot, regardless!”
“No need to hurry yer departure, wee man!” The colossus pulled up his kilt – without wiping his behind, Franz noticed. “I’ll eat yer! I’ll swallow you whole and have yer pony as a snack! GET IN MY BELLY!” Jorg stomped towards Franz, his arms outstretched to catch the Captain and pull him from his mount. But directing Bernard sideways the battle-hardened veteran evaded the sluggish embrace with ease. Ducking under the giant’s tree-like arms his sword slashed across Jorg’s side.
The hulk did not seem to notice the wound at all – the layers of fat had prevented Franz’ blade from causing more than superficial damage.
“Quit fighten’ an get eaten!” A ham-sized fist battered against Ramsay’s back but the captain was able to stay in the saddle. He turned Bernard around and struck out at his enemy again. A strange battle developed – the giant was too slow to catch the skilled rider who circled him on his agile steed, delivering stinging wounds to Jorg. Unfortunately he did not seem to care, his bulk being far more of a problem than any armour could ever be – Franz’ blade could just not penetrate deep enough through the fat to cause serious damage to Jorg’s intestines.
Franz was tiring of dodging the giant and listening to his constant torrent of curses and taunts. Eventually he was a second to slow to pull Bernhard’s reigns to the side and the gigantic Jorg simply bull-rushed into the horse, trying to overthrow it. Bernhard reared up and his front hooves lashed out, catching the giant between his legs.
What a barrage of swordstrokes had failed to evoke this critical hit managed to accomplish: Jorg gasped and stumbled backwards.
“Argh! Right in me conogies!” Jorg yelped, his voice considerably higher-pitched than before. Franz reined Bernhard and watched the reeling giant. Coming to a decision he sheathed his sword and simply stretched out his hand to press on Jorg’s forehead. The hulk tumbled over like a felled tree.
Shaking his head Franz watched the motionless lump of fat for a few seconds until the stench crept back into his nostrils. Considering his score with Jorg settled he spurred Bernhard to flee the unnerving scene. Judging from the smell it would take quite an amount of time until the jungle would come to claim the remains of Jorg.

Captain Franz Ramsay prevails!

Documentation:

WS S T W I A AS WS
Jorg   7 4 5 5 4 4 2+ -
Franz  8 5 4 3 7 5 2+ 6+
Mount    3 3     3         

Round 1: Franz strikes last due to praying for the blessing.
Jorg strikes with handweapon.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 4,4,5,5.
4 hits wounding on 4s: 1,4,4,5.
3 wounds caused.
Armour save of 1+ modified to 2+ due to strength: 3,4,4.
No unsaved wound caused.
Franz strikes with Birthsword.
5 attacks hitting on 3s: 1,2,4,5,6.
3 hits wounding on 4s: 1,1,5.
1 wound caused.
Armour save of 2+ modified to 4+ due to strength: 1.
1 unsaved wound caused.
Jorg has 4 wounds left.
Barded Warhorse strikes.
1 attack hitting on 5s: 6.
1 hit wounding on 6: 4.
No wound caused.
Round 2: Franz strikes first due to intiative.
5 attacks hitting on 3s: 1,1,2,4,5.
2 hits wounding on 4s: 2,4.
1 wound caused.
Armour save of 2+ modified to 4+ due to strength: 5.
Successful armour save re-rolled: 4.
No unsaved wound caused.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,2,2,3.
Missed.
Barded Warhorse strikes.
1 attack hitting on 5s: 4.
Missed.
Round 3: Franz strikes first due to intiative.
5 attacks hitting on 3s: 1,3,4,5,5.
4 hits wounding on 4s: 4,4,5,5.
4 wounds caused.
Armour save of 2+ modified to 4+ due to strength: 3,3,4,6.
Successful armour saves re-rolled: 5,5.
2 unsaved wounds caused.
Jorg has 2 wounds left.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 2,4,5,6.
3 hits wounding on 4: 2,3,5.
1 wound caused.
Armour save of 1+ modified to 2+ due to strength: 5.
No unsaved wound caused.
Barded Warhorse strikes.
Missed.
Round 4: Franz strikes first due to intiative.
5 attacks hitting on 3s: 1,2,2,3,6.
2 hits wounding on 4s: 1,2.
No wounds caused.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,1,2,2.
Missed.
Barded Warhorse strikes.
1 attack hitting on 5s: 3.
Missed.
Round 5: Franz strikes first due to intiative.
5 attacks hitting on 3s: 1,3,4,5,6.
4 hits wounding on 4s: 2,3,3,5.
1 wound caused.
Armour save of 2+ modified to 4+ due to strength: 3.
1 unsaved wound caused.
Jorg has 1 wound left.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 4,5,5,5.
4 hits wounding on 4s: 1,5,5,6.
3 wounds caused.
Armour save of 1+ modified to 2+ due to strength: 3,4,5.
No unsaved wound caused.
Barded Warhorse strikes.
1 attack hitting on 5s: 6.
1 hit wounding on 6: 1.
No unsaved wound caused.
Round 6: Franz strikes first due to intiative.
5 attacks hitting on 3s: 3,4,4,4,5.
5 hits wounding on 4s: 4,4,5,6,6.
5 wounds caused.
Armour save of 2+ modified to 4+ due to strength: 1,2,4,4,6.
Successful armour saves re-rolled: 5,6,6.
2 unsaved wounds caused.
Jorg has -1 wounds left.
Franz prevails.
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Round I, Fight 4: Warboss Korgutz vs. Jorgrim Stonehammer (Challenge)

Korgutz had only half-heartedly listened to the explanations of the tiny squishy lady in black back in Rezephua – he had been far more interested in practicing his “evil glare” on the other fighters. When a huge ‘umie had given him a shiny amulet he had just wrapped it around his choppa’s haft and departed to the South Gate, trusting that Mork (and possibly Gork) would guide his way to wherever the fightin’ would be da fickest. Now, after two days of marching through the jungle he had finally come across a sign of civilili… cilavi… others who had been here before: A large stone column covered in tiny pictures of the scaly ‘uns. Atop it an effigy of a toad shaman or so sat. Gripped by a sudden rush of green zeal Korgutz decided to orcify this totem properly. But after his choppa failed to chisel bits out of the stone and only abrased the cover of moss – actually the Black Orc had wanted to remodel the statue to an effigy of Mork – he settled with smearing red paint all over the column. The ancient Slann glyphstone now had received a coating of Orcy faces and pictograms. Standing back from the column Korgutz inspected his piece of art. He was very proud of himself but something was still missing – maybe some skulls or other decorative bits to…
“Foul Grobi! You will pay for violating the sanctity of stones! I, Jorgrim Stonehammer, will settle this grudge before it is even written down!” The warboss turned around to find a stuntie in shining armour standing before him, angrily gesticulating with a rune-covered axe. His mood brightened – just what he had needed: Proper fightin’ and some trophies for his new holy rock.
“C’mere, short ‘un an’ receive a proper beatin’. I’z Korgutz an’ I’m gonna bash you real good. An’ then I’m gonna stomp you. An’ then I’m gonna kick you where it hurts most. And then I’m gonna…” Before Korgutz could run out of activities the Dwarf charged, a Khazalid warcry on his lips.
But Korgutz was not only a skilled painter but an even more cunnin’ fighter. The Dwarf’s mighty axe blow bit deep into Korgutz raised shield and failed to harm the Orc behind it. The warboss laughed cruelly and let his own choppa crash down on the Dwarf’s head. The weapon rang back from the reinforced Gromril of the Dawi helmet. Jorgrim groaned but runic magic in combination with the legendary thickness of Dwarfish skulls mitigated the cranium-crushing blow to a mere concussion. With an effort he managed to pull his weapon out of Korgutz’ shield, taking a step back to regain his poise.
The Black Orc did not grant him a pause and caught up, his own cleaver hammering so hard against Jorgrim’s shield that the Dwarf lost his grip on it. Ignoring the loss of his protection and the blood soaking his crushed vambrace the stout Dwarf retaliated with a low swing against his taller opponent’s stomach. The enchanted edge of his axe cleft the scales of Korgutz’ mail with ease and ripped through the hard flesh beneath, showering the jungle soil with black blood. Before the Orc could bring his own shield between his assaulted lower half and the angry Dwarf an iron-shod boot crashed against his knee-cap, smashing the joint as the Dawi eagerly exploited the gap in the Grobi’s defense.
The Black Orc roared with anger and pain. Through sheer will-power he prevented himself from collapsing and succumbing to the ghastly wound in his abdomen.
With a defiant bellow he raised his choppa to deliver the final blow to Jorgrim – but the Dwarf caught the cruder weapon with the finely crafted beak of his axe. Dwarfish craftsmanship overcame Orcish strength and Korgutz’ weapon shattered upon the impact – although the impact rang heavily through Jorgrim’s arms the Dwarf recovered quickly and before the Orc could gaze at his broken weapon in disbelief the axe described an upward swing and severed Korgutz’ head from his neck.
The warboss collapsed in a pool of black blood streaming from his wounds. Panting heavily Jorgrim approached his bested enemy and liberated the amulet’s lace from Korgutz splintered haft. Holding the talisman he admired the fine metalwork on the jewel’s frame. But with a frown he noticed that the crystal itself carried a markedly black imperfection in its center. A Dwarf artisan would surely have noticed this and chosen another gem he mused. Shrugging he tucked the amulet under his chainmail and went to retrieve his dropped shield.

Jorgrim Stonehammer prevails!

Documentation:

WS S T W I A AS WS
Korgutz   8 5 5 3 5 5 3+ 5+
Jorgrim   7 5 5 3 5 4 2+ -
Bearers   5 4     3         

Korgutz strikes with Basha.
5 attacks hitting on 3s: 2,2,5,5,6.
3 hits wounding on 4s: 2,2,5.
1 wound caused.
Armour save of 2+ modified to 4+ due to strength: 2.
Jorgrim has 2 wounds left.
Jorgrim strikes with runic weapon.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 3,3,5,6.
Re-roll due to hatred: 2,4.
3 hits wounding on 4s: 1,6,6.
2 wounds caused.
Armour save of 3+ modified to 5+ due to strength: 4,6.
No unsaved wound caused.
Shield Bearers strike.
2 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,6.
Re-roll due to hatred: 3.
1 hit wounding on 5: 3.
No wound caused.
Round 2: Korgutz strikes first due to having caused more wounds.
Korgutz strikes with Basha.
5 attacks hitting on 3s: 1,3,3,5,6.
4 hits wounding on 4s: 2,3,5,5.
2 wounds caused.
Armour save of 2+ modified to 4+ due to strength: 2,4.
Jorgrim has 1 wound left.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,5,5,6.
3 hits wounding on 4s: 3,3,4.
1 wound caused.
Armour save of 3+ modified to 5+ due to strength: 4.
Ward save of 5+: 3.
1 unsaved wound caused.
Korgutz has 2 wounds left.
Shield Bearers strike.
2 attacks hitting on 4s: 2,6.
1 hit wounding on 5: 5.
1 wound caused.
Armour save of 3+ modified to 4+ due to strength: 3.
1 unsaved wound caused.
Korgutz has 1 wound left.
Round 3: Jorgrim strikes first due to having caused more wounds.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,1,4,6.
2 hits wounding on 4s: 1,5.
1 wound caused.
Armour save of 3+ modified to 5+ due to strength: 3.
1 unsaved wound caused.
Korgutz has 0 wounds left.
Jorgrim prevails.
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Round I, Fight 5: Lia’Gorr the Blessed vs. Lord Keel the Plagued (Challenge)

Within her sanctum Fyrhaine allowed herself a small moment of preliminary triumph – the bloodshed around the Tomb had begun. Already four warriors lay dead before the ancient glyphstones surrounding the tomb complex and the number would soon increase further. The Sorceress’ expanded witchsight scanned the presences of the fighters. A disturbance around a particular adventurer caught her attention. She focussed on him to gain a more detailed image. A sickly miasma surrounded the warrior which Fyrhaine immediately associated with the mark of the Lord of Pestilence, Nurgle. She remembered him from the gathering in the Pit – a tall human who, judging from his rotten armour and coat of arms, had once served the Empire of Men before he had succumbed to the Plague. But that was not what had initially drawn her attention to him – it was rather his surrounding. It was as if the border between the mortal realm and the warp was about to break down in his immediate vicinity. As if a daemon was about to be summoned – but without an actual ritual. Though leagues away from the actual event a tingling, familiar sensation overcame the Sorceress. Fyrhaine’s curiosity was roused and she watched very closely what was about to ensue…

The undergrowth of the jungle turned to mortified mush beneath Keel’s heavy tread as the Plaguebearer relentlessly approached his destination. Upon his rusted harness the amulet gleamed – in fact it was the only shining spot on his appearance, the enchantment within the talisman constantly repelling the all-corrupting grasp of the Lord of Decay. The Tomb lay ahead and would soon wither under the presence of Keel, the Apostle of Plague. By the gifts granted through his god he would wrestle the treasures from the grave of the Slann…
Keel’s vision was interrupted when the air around him began to stir. A vortex evolved before the follower of Nurgle, an iridescent maelstrom which impossibly hang in mid-air just outside his grasp. But Keel was no longer completely mortal and easily frightened or surprised. As a grizzled veteran of countless rituals involving the Ruinous Powers he recognized the phenomenon correctly as a rift in space through which chaotic energy seeped forth from the warp. The seasoned champion sensed that the gap was not invoked by an entity of Nurgle but rather another Ruinous God – which meant that Keel would fight it without questioning. The only strange thing was that it was completely uncalled for. Outside the wastes the manifestation of Daemons was normally only achieved by sufficient sacrifices or spells of summoning. Either way Keel stepped back from the anomaly and instinvtively drew his ragged sword, preparing for whatever would step forth from the portal – ready to greet the Chaos spawn with cold steel.
He did not have to wait long – soon a form began to materialize from the power vortex. Tendrils of chaos matter densified to sinuous limbs and curved blades. Keel stoically watched the process awaiting its conclusion. Judging from the apparel the Daemon was a fiend of Slaanesh. Keel’s torn lips twisted to a cruel smile, baring rotten teeth.
Finally the fully substantiated Daemon slithered forth from the portal which instantly began to diminuish and close behind it. The fiend had the upper body and head of a human but from the waist down it transformed into a long serpentine tail covered in oily-shimmering scales. Instead of hairs a multitude of coiling tentacles sprouted from the alien head. Upon the one breast the rune of Slaanesh glowed in a purple, unholy light. The muscular arms of the Daemon ended in talon-tipped hands and in addition four chitinous multi-segmented limbs carrying large scything claws grew from its back. The Daemon parted its perfect lips to greet the realm of mortals with a primordial growl, revealing wicked fangs. When it finally spoke its voice sounded strangely polyphonic, covering a broad range of pitches and inflections.
“Rejoice, for Lia’Gorr, the blessed scion of Slaanesh hath stepped forth to render the will of his Lord!”
Snake-like eyes bore into Keel. “Embrace the glory of the Dark Prince, misguided apostle of the Plaguemaster. Renunciate your false patron and accept the glory which is solely in the worship to her!”
The exalted Champion was not the least impressed, his polluted mind easily withstanding the temptations of the Daemon.
“Nurgle and Nurgle alone has a claim on my soul. Your petty promises will do nothing to alter this.”
Lia’Gorr did not seem particularly surprised by the retort.
“Then your existence is forfeit. Extorting cries of anguish from a follower of decay will be such an exquisite experience.” The fiend lashed forward, his lower body wriggling over the jungle soil in blinding speed. Only Keel’s battle-honed reflexes allowed him to evade the rending embrace of the scythe limbs of Lia’Gorr. His own blade rang from the scales of the Daemon’s tail without penetrating. The fiend teasingly exposed its chest to the enraged Keel, spreading its arms.
“Your petty weapon is useless against me. You cannot hope to best me in-“
Keel’s sword darted forth and slid deep into the torso of the daemon – where the heart of a normal mortal might have been situated. Lia’Gorr let out a hellish, agonized shriek. But before the champion could savour his victory the four bladed limbs of the daemon sank down, parting Keel’s pauldrons and breastplate as if his Chaos armour was made of rotten cloth.
Keel coughed up a stream of bile and brownish, stinking blood but did not scream.
The Daemon grinned at its impaled and hapless victim before he flexed his four limbs flinging Keel in a high arc through the air. With a sickening crunch of snapping bones the champion of Nurgle crashed against a tree. Not even the Lord of Decay’s legendary gifts could make Keel stand up – his broken and lacerated form lay in a bloody heap among the roots of the trunk he had collided with. Despite his grievous wounds he managed one feat, though. Not a single sound of pain escaped his lips and before the daemon could approach him to torture his mangled body any further he had already drawn his terminal breath.

Lia’Gorr prevails!

Fyrhaine mused, trying to divine the meaning of what she had just witnessed. The uncalled-for materialisation of a Daemon was not a thing to be easily ignored. Even more so since it was a fiend of Slaanesh, her own master. Was is mere coincidence? Unlikely. Was it a sign of appreciation of her master, the sending of an ally for her endeavour? Or even a rival with hostile intentions? It was too early to say but she had to watch the further unfolding of events even more closely than before…

Documentation:

WS S T W I A AS WS
Lia’Gorr   7 5 5 3 8 4  - 5+
Keel       7 5 4 3 8 4 2+ 5+
Mount      3 4     3         

Keel’s Gaze ward save for this duel is 5+.

Round 1: Lia’Gorr strikes first due to Mark of Slaanesh.
Lia’Gorr strikes with Blade of the Ether.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,1,4,4.
2 hits wounding on 3s: 2,5.
1 wound caused.
No unsaved wound caused.
Keel strikes with Biting Blade.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,2,4,5.
2 hits wounding on 4s: 3,4.
1 wound caused.
Ward save of 5+: 5.
No unsaved wound caused.
Chaos Steed strikes.
1 attack hitting on 5: 4.
Missed.
Round 2: Lia’Gorr strikes first due to Mark of Slaanesh.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,3,3,3.
Missed.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 3,4,4,5.
3 hits wounding on 4s: 1,2,2.
No wound caused.
Chaos Steed strikes.
1 attack hitting on 5: 5.
1 hit wounding on 5: 5.
1 wound caused.
Ward save of 5+: 2.
1 unsaved wound caused.
Lia’Gorr has 2 wounds left.
Round 3: Lia’Gorr strikes first due to Mark of Slaanesh.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,4,6,6.
3 hits wounding on 3s: 1,3,4.
2 wounds caused.
Ward save of 5+: 3,6.
1 unsaved wound caused.
Keel has 2 wounds left.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 3,6,6,6.
3 hits wounding on 4s: 3,3,5.
1 wound caused.
No unsaved wound caused.
Chaos Steed strikes.
1 attack hitting on 5: 6.
1 hit wounding on 5: 1.
No wound caused.
Round 4: Lia’Gorr strikes first due to Mark of Slaanesh.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,4,6,6.
3 hits wounding on 3s: 3,3,4.
3 wounds caused.
Ward save of 5+: 2,3,5.
2 unsaved wounds caused.
Keel has 0 wounds left.
Lia’Gorr prevails.
Andruillius
Highborn

Post by Andruillius »

Good stuff. And efficent, too. :)
www.battleglade.com
Lordofthenight
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lordofthenight »

And - of course - the first wound was dealt by a horse.

It had to happen. :P
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Shadow dark
Noble

Post by Shadow dark »

Woohoo! I won! One thing i noticed though, I had a 1+ armour save, with gromril armour, shieldbearers and a shield.
Hi, i'm Shadow Dark. I spend my time teaching dragons the difference between their food and the slaves that bring it in
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Round I, Fight 6: Nigel D. Squirrel vs. Tepitza the Avenger

“I have two shiny stone things! I have two shiny stone things! La la la la…” The grey-cloaked squirrel half-pranced, half-scurried through the jungle, happily banging the two said items together repeatedly. Unbeknownst to him he almost caused a thaumaturgical overload by bringing a piece of pure warpstone and a potent amulet near each other but wondrously he was not engulfed in a magical explosion but continued his path undisturbed by concepts like rationality or elemental laws of magic.
To a sane observer of another age the squirrel might have seemed like a child using subcritical chunks of uranium to build a sand castle – fortunately there currently was a distinct lack of sane observers, moreso those educated in nuclear physics.
“I’m juggling two shiny stone things! I’m juggling two shiny stone things! Doop de doo da doo…” Meanwhile Nigel had invented a second verse for his song and tossed his two toys around in the air accordingly. This just couldn’t get any better, the happy squirrel mused.

Tepitza had been watching the furry lunatic with the unshakable patience of a true hunter – he had shadowed the oblivious squirrel since its departure from Rezephua. Despite Tepitza’s suit of armour the mental state of his objective made staying undetected surprisingly easy. But now as they approached the Tomb Tepitza could no longer postpone his task.
The Skink Councillor had been rather specific on that matter: ”Acquire an amulet and infiltrate the complex. Secure anything of value you come across so no foreigner can desecrate it. Ensure that the Tomb of Xuculkhan remains unspoiled.” A large piece of warpstone was in itself a grave threat to the sanctity of the burial site. The squirrel had just passed the first ring of glyph columns. If he carried the warpstone any further its foul energy could potentially foul the sacred Tomb. Tepitza had to act - now.
With a low hiss the Armoured Skink erupted from the foliage, cutting off Nigel’s playful path. The lizardman did not issue a challenge or utter a warcry, he just attacked with reptilian stoicism and coldblooded efficiency.
Hhis first blow knocked the two stones from the squirrel’s hands. Just now Nigel realized the danger of the situation – or perhaps he noticed the Skink as a potential food source, who could really tell. Before Tepitza could land another attack on Nigel itself a sharp… stick… magically appeared in the squirrel’s right hand which easily blocked the Skink’s venom-coated obsidian blade. With the two weapons momentarily trapped the Skink used the barbed edge of his shield to quickly score a ragged cut along Nigel’s side. But this only inspired the squirrel to redouble its efforts and after an impossible barrage of thrusts with his sharpened stick its point dug between pauldron and breastplate of Tepitza’s Gromril armour, catching itself between the bones of the Skink’s shoulders. Hissing with pain the Avenger instinctively drove his blade upward, penetrating deep into Nigel’s exposed abdomen. With a jerk which set his maimed shoulder ablaze the Skink pulled his weapon free, eviscerating the unlucky squirrel in the process.
With a satisfied grunt Tepitza stepped back from the slumped form of his adversary. Nigel’s stick landed besides his body, as did the warpstone gem after Tepitza retrieved it together with the amulet. A Skink patrol would come to deal with the squirrel and the warpstone sooner or later, Tepitza mused. Shouldering his sword and tucking away the amulet beneath his armour he marched on towards the Tomb.

Tepitza prevails!

Documentation:

WS S T W I A AS WS
Nigel      6 4 5 3 6 4  - 4+
Tepitza    6 5 4 3 8 5 0+ 5+

Nigel rolls a 2 for the Warpstone Amulet and survives. Barely.

Nigel uses Bands of Power, Tepitza attempts a dispel: 4.
Bands of Power dispelled.
Nigel strikes with Weeping Blade.
5 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,2,2,4,5
2 hits wounding on 5s: 2,3.
No wounds caused.
Tepitza strikes with hand weapon.
6 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,1,2,2,3,5
1 hit wounding on 4: 2.
No wounds caused.
Round 2: Nigel strikes first due to initiative.
Nigel uses Bands of Power, Tepitza attempts a dispel: 1.
Bands of Power double Nigel’s strength.
5 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,1,3,3,5.
1 hit wounding on 2: 5.
1 wound caused.
Armour save of 0+ modified to 5+ due to strength: 6.
No unsaved wound caused.
5 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,1,3,4,6.
1 hit wounding on 4: 3.
1 poisoned hit.
1 wound caused.
Ward save of 4+: 2.
1 unsaved wound caused.
Nigel has 2 wounds left.
Having caused less wounds this round Nigel loses frenzy.
Round 3: Nigel strikes first due to initiative.
Nigel uses Bands of Power, Tepitza attempts a dispel: 2.
Bands of Power double Nigel’s strength.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 1,2,3,6.
1 hit wounding on 2: 4.
1 wound caused.
Armour save of 0+ modified to 5+ due to strength: 4.
Ward save of 5+: 2.
Weeping Blade multiplies wound to 2 wounds.
2 unsaved wound caused.
Tepitza has 1 wound left.
5 attacks hitting on 4s: 3,4,4,5,6.
3 hits wounding on 4: 4,4,6.
1 poisoned hit.
4 wounds caused.
Ward save of 4+: 1,1,4,6.
2 unsaved wounds caused.
Nigel has 0 wounds left.
Tepitza prevails.
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Round I, Fight 7: Grungi Gutsplitter vs. Varsenlash Skrilsore

Varsenlash closed in on his target with Vampyrean ease using the deep shadows generated by the trees to approach the Dwarf unnoticed. Back in Rezephua he had spied out the short warrior as his first victim – he seemed grizzled enough to put up a demanding fight against the thrill-seeking Undead and his equipment had seemed particularly well-crafted. Skrilsore yearned for a real challenge. After tracking the slow-moving Dwarf through the jungle for days now the time to strike had come – the vampire could not suppress his bloodlust any longer…

Grungi strolled through the jungle, eyeing the vegetation with vague unease – the brick barrios of Rezephua were bad enough to dwell in but having to walk a longer distance through the jungle was not something a Dwarf did lightly. He wished himself back into the cool and dark tunnels back home in the Grey Mountains where honest and reliable rock and the fruits of Dwarf craftsmanship surrounded him and made him comfortable. The jungle only contained stinging insects and heaps of other annoying wildlife and its humid, warm air made him sick. Hopefully he would reach the Tomb soon…
Before him the shadows of a thicket of trees lying in his path seemed to densify. A tall form melted from the darkness and when it stepped into the twilight Grungi’s trained eyes could discern elaborate black plate armour encasing a slim frame over which red eyes glowed fiendishly. An apprehension of fangs gleamed beneath them before the Vampire leaped forward to meet his victim.
But Grungi was not easily victimized. When the twin blades of the Undead flashed forward his shield was lifted in time to fend them off while his right hand drew his own axe from his belt. The Vampire did not halt his onslaught and despite his initial parry Grungi soon became hard-pressed in defending against the lightning-quick attacks. The points of the two thin swords probed for weak spots in his armour and defense so rapidly that even the battle-hardened Dwarf eventually failed to predict a feint of the Vampire’s right sword properly – battering aside the weapon with his axe haft he unwillingly opened a gap in his defense – Skrilsore’s second blade lashed forward aiming for the Dwarf’s neck. A feral grin appeared on Varsenlash’s pale face but turned to a grimace of wrath when instead of severing the Dwarf’s head from his body the blade was stopped by the enchantments of Gutsplitter’s rune-covered harness. Instead of an elegant decapitation Varsenlash only scored a shallow cut across Grungi’s neck. The Dawi veteran quick-wittedly used his opponent’s momentary distraction to land a hit on his own. His axe struck against Varsenlash’s right wrist, smashing the metal gauntlet and the bones beneath it, knocking the Vampire’s blade from his grip. But instead of backing away in pain the Undead’s now empty and mangled hand dashed forward with impossible quickness closing around Grungi’s neck, lifting the Dwarf off his feet with ease.
“Your runes may protect you from a blade but how about a good, old-fashioned attempt of throttling?” the Vampire sneered while the Dwarf struggled in his iron-hard grip. But he had underestimated the resilience of Grungi. Instead of fainting the Dwarf only got angrier and more focussed. As the Vampire went on to boast Grungi’s axe which he still clutched flew upwards, sinking deep into Varsenlash’s own neck. Unlike the Dwarf’s imbued mail the plate armour parted uselessly under the impact of the axe’s bite and the Vampire let out a strangled cry. Before he could recover from Grungi’s desperate strike the axe sank down a second and third time completing what the first blow had failed to accomplish.
Varsenlash’s severed head flew through the air, his facial expression frozen in surprised anguish while his body simply collapsed, releasing the half-choked Dwarf from its death grip.
The Dwarf spat on the remains of his opponent which were quickly turning to ashes.
“Steel over style, you amateur”, he croaked, rubbing his sore throat.

Grungi Gutsplitter prevails.

Documentation:

WS S T W I A AS WS
Grungi      7 6 5 3 4 4 3+  -
Varsenlash  9 5 5 3 7 6 4+  -

Grungi strikes with Runic Weapon.
4 attacks hitting on 2s: 1,3,3,5.
3 hits wounding on 3s: 2,2,5.
1 wound caused.
Armour save of 4+ overridden.
1 unsaved wound caused.
Varsenlash has 2 wounds left.
Varsenlash strikes with two hand weapons.
6 attacks hitting on 3s: 1,1,2,3,4,5.
3 hits wounding on 4s: 1,5,6 (Grungi is immune to Killing Blow)
2 wounds caused.
Armour save of 3+ modified to 5+ due to strength: 4,5.
1 unsaved wound caused.
Grungi has 2 wounds left.
Round 2:Grungi strikes last due to great weapon.
Varsenlash strikes with two hand weapons.
6 attacks hitting on 3s: 2,2,3,4,4,6.
4 hits wounding on 4s: 3,4,5,6 (Grungi is STILL immune to Killing Blow).
3 wounds caused.
Armour save of 3+ modified to 5+ due to strength: 1,5,6.
1 unsaved wound caused.
Grungi has 1 wound left.
Grungi strikes with Runic Weapon.
4 attacks hitting on 2s: 4,4,4,5.
4 hits wounding on 3s: 2,,4,5,5.
3 wound caused.
3 unsaved wounds caused.
Varsenlash has -1 wounds left.
Grungi prevails.
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Round I, Fight 8: Big Bully Belly Bob vs. Illidan Hellforge

“Boss! BOSS! A pointy ear!” The trio of Gnoblars chattered and bobbed on Belly Bob’s broad shoulders, eagerly pointing at the newly sighted potential food source. Bob, who had been busy with gnawing off a hock of a rather unlucky Horned One they had encountered 20 minutes ago, tossed away the bone and with a grin produced a huge hammer from its backsheath, grinning hungrily at his intended next meal.
Illidan Hellforge confidently stepped forward from the shadow of the trees, his Draich pointed at the Ogre’s throat in a mute challenge.
“I ain’t had elf flesh for years!” the bruiser joyfully exclaimed. Then squinted his tiny eyes and looked closer at Hellforge. “Wait… you’re a pale one! Pale ones ain’t tasty, they taste much too bitter! I don’ like bitter food! An’ I hate you!”
“But boss, you’re da Gutlord, d’ya really wanna miss out on a meal? What would the Great Maw say?” Gnoblar George chattered just to be nearly crushed by Bob’s hammer which he shouldered, thoughtfully gazing at the Dark Elf.
“Shut yer gap, ya git and lemme think… you’re right, I can’t just miss a meal! I’m the Bully Bob with da Big Belly and you, Elf, you ARE FOOD!” Accompanied by the excited gibberish of his Gnoblar entourage the Ogre rushed forward.
The huge hammer crashed down where split seconds before Illidan had stood, unmoving. Black soil and rotten leaves were flung into the air from the impact but Illidan had evaded with fey quickness, ducking under Bob’s blow and dragging his curved weapon across the Ogre’s gutplate in an eviscerating blow, lacerating the layers of fat and organs beneath. Before the Elf could deal another blow, however, the trio of Gnoblars dive-charged onto the Elf’s back and shoulders, unbalancing him so he stumbled to the ground.
Bob howled, mad with pain, anger and hunger and withdrew his weapon from the soil, aiming a backhanded blow at the disoriented Elf covered with poking and biting Gnoblars. The hammer’s head hit Illidan’s ribs with almost full force – George, who had grabbed his shoulder, served as an involuntary shock absorber. Still the Elf’s harness dented considerably and the ribs beneath were badly bruised. Upon the impact the malicious energy stored in Hellforge’s amulet of retaliation was released in a bright wave which melted the two remaining Gnoblars clinging to his armour away in a chorus of screeching. Bob, who stood a few feet away, was blinded by the eruption of light engulfing Illidan.
Before the bruiser could recover his sight the Dark Elf had closed in on his overwhelmed opponent. With a mighty stroke of his Draich he severed both of Bob’s hands still clutching the hammer. Before the Ogre could so much as cry out a second thrust cleanly pierced his heart, silencing him forever.
Coughing, covered with charred Gnoblar remains and bearing a mangled chest Illidan climbed on the corpse of his opponent to cut the amulet from his neck.
Obviously his place in the foodchain had been higher, after all.

Illidan Hellforge prevails!

Documentation:

WS S T W I A AS WS
Bob      5 7 6 4 3 4 5+  -
Gnoblars 5 2     3 2
Illidan  7 4 3 3 8 4 4+ 5+

Illidan passes his fear test with a 7.
Bob inflicts one impact hit on Illidan.
1 hit wounding on 2: 3.
1 wound caused.
Armour save of 4+ modified to 6+: 6.
No unsaved wound caused.
Bob strikes with Tenderizer.
4 attacks hitting on 4s: 2,4,5,6.
3 hits wounding on 2s: 2,2,6.
3 wounds caused.
Ward save of 5+: 3,4,5.
Black Amulet rebounds 1 wound on Bob.
Tenderizer multiplies 2 wounds to 2 wounds.
Illidan has 1 wound left.
Bob has 3 wounds left.
Sword Gnoblars strike.
2 attacks hitting on 4s: 3,6.
1 hit wounding on 5: 4.
No wound caused.
Illidan strikes with Draich.
4 attacks hitting on 3s: 3,5,5,5.
4 hits wounding on 4s: 3,4,6,6 (Guess who’s immune to Killing Bob.. Blow I mean?)
3 wounds caused.
Armour Save of 5+ overridden.
Spangleshard attempts to roll higher than 4 to wound: 6.
2 unsaved wounds caused.
Bob has 1 wound left.
Round 2: Illidan strikes first due to initiative.
4 attacks hitting on 3s: 2,3,3,4.
3 hits wounding on 4s: 3,4,5.
2 wounds caused.
Spangleshard attempts to roll higher than 4 and 5 to wound: 1,6.
1 unsaved wound caused.
Bob has 0 wounds left.
Illidan prevails.
Andruillius
Highborn

Post by Andruillius »

O_O

I hate the Amulet...
www.battleglade.com
Lord tareq
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tareq »

Since its now 9 days ago, is this AoD left forgotten? :)
Now it's been ten thousand years. Man has cried a billion tears.
For what he never knew, now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night. The twinkling of starlight.
So very far away. Maybe it's only yesterday.
Andruillius
Highborn

Post by Andruillius »

No, surely not....Cenyu always keeps his promises ;)

I spent 1 and a half year finishing mine, so I know how this works :P
www.battleglade.com
Andruillius
Highborn

Post by Andruillius »

...anyone seen Cenyu lately?
www.battleglade.com