My Asur Fluff project... Druchii input required!

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Arellion sapher
Trainee Warrior

Post by Arellion sapher »

Thanks again for some very valuable advice.

I think Syjahel 'got' the Shadow Warriors bit - although I'll grant you I was playing up to media tropes. The idea basically goes that the Shadow Warriors are doing their own thing in Naggaroth and have been for centuries. They found Tholtan and rushed in at the last minute. As they would. And the best part? We'll never see them again. (probably) But they're out there, fighting the long war. Forever.

Bear in mind that only Darethis and Tholtan got out... although we only saw four out of eight die. This is important.

I'll keep an eye on the future "movement/continuity" stuff. I tried to make this one a little more episodic, but I may have to watch that habit in the future.

Thanks for your praise of my descriptive language. I was trying to channel Tolkien, although I think I managed a second-rate Pullman at best. Especially the Darkblade comment - that's... a very big compliment. Next instalment may be up next week... we'll see.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I don't think its the fact that they got out, thats entierly up to you; but rather the manner of their rescue. It did seem a little over dramatic. That said I still enjoyed it immensly, though I couldn't figure out why the shades would leave the forest cover to take the sea gaurd on up close. On the other hand having them mown down in an ambush wouldn't have been nearly so entertaining to read so there we go.

As an aside I didn't have any problem following the movements of the group, it all seemed fairly clear to me. Keep it up.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Yemeth
Shade

Post by Yemeth »

Greetings Arellion, the only worthy of Asur, ummm sorry for maintaining the somewhat pressure, but when is the next part coming out?
Thank you.
Odi ergo sum - Druchii's illumination

DE noble is talking to a HE prisoner

DE: 'Do you know the difference between you and me?'

HE: 'Hmmmmmgh'

DE: 'That's right, I've still got my tounge.' - Anon
Syjahel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Syjahel »

I'd like to second that :)

Shall there be more? You have a keen audience in Naggaroth.
RIP Group 28
~ We Never Slept ~
Sweeping death
Shade

Post by Sweeping death »

Greetings! I´ve read the story so far and liked it a lot! It really makes one want to continue reading. And it served as a great inspiration for the hobby, giving life to the minis and motivation to work and paint them.

Look forward to the next part. Cheers!