Medusas/Gorgons in Naggaroth ?

Stories, fluff, army fluff, your own fluff ideas, and other creations concerning the Druchii, the End Times Elves or the Exile Aelves go here!

Moderators: T.D., Drainial, The Dread Knights

Sezax
Black Guard

Medusas/Gorgons in Naggaroth ?

Post by Sezax »

Hi. Since childhood I love Medusa and her Gorgon sisters. I wish to add gorgons into my army fluff, but I am not sure if there is more information than I know.

Gorgons in Warhammer are briefly associated with Elves:
1. Gorgons are desribed as classic she-monsters with tail and snake-hair in in 6th HE AB, who live in Anulli Mouintins and sometimes attack the HE alongside other creatures such as hydras.
2.There is a gorgon on the shield of one of our new CoK.¨
3.Dechala ( former Elf ) resembles Gorgon/Naga.
4.For some strange reason there was a picture of gorgon in old Vampire AB.

There is no more canonic info about gorgons as fare as I am concerned. If you know something more, please tell me.

I would also like to discuss their possible origin and with what kind of deity they could be associated.

They might be associated with ,,scally beastmen of Naggaroth" who are mentioned somewhere ( Liber Chaotica ?) .
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

I don't think that there is much written, certainly not in recent additions. If the mention is in the Annuli mountains then that (unsurprisingly) points squarely towards chaos as the cause. Forgive me if I am wrong but as far as I can remember (it has been a long time since I have read that version of the high elf army book) increased levels of magic in the Annuli mountain range and surrounding region give rise to all sorts of nasty beasties, that would suggest that theoretically gorgons could appear almost anywhere, but that there are relatively few places where they are likely to emerge in numbers large enough to breed (assuming they can, presumably they would have to keep the males out of sight and out of mind)

As for association with deities I cannot see any of the traditional pantheon of Ulthuan being associated with them, however the cythari (sp?) are a more likely candidate, though as they are shadowy by their very nature it is hard to get too specific. In Druchii culture it is entirely possible that the gorgon could have been folded in as one of the thousand aspects of Khaine (perhaps prompting the shield image), though Slaanesh also makes a fine candidate and links again to the Cytheric connection.

Of course everything I just wrote is pure conjecture.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Angelique
Executioner

Post by Angelique »

There was an old special character called Gorgotha, one of the six Hag Queens, who seems to fit somewhat. I wrote about her some years ago in this thread, where I wanted to update her in accordance with the new rules.